PDA

View Full Version : so...whats rare in your area?

hango fett
04-24-2002, 06:50 AM
to the west of us, dooku, HD anikan, yoda, and clone trooper are. to the south nothing is rare (except for the ones no one has yet...taun we, limuri, final battle jango, mace, royal gaurd,...etc)

it's funny how one store has only 2 or 3 of HD anikan or yoda, and another has a plentiful amount of dooku, HD anikan, and yoda. go figure.

CrossWizard
04-24-2002, 08:19 AM
Surprisingly, the Boba Fett/Tusken Wave, either they shipped it to my local stores in small quantities, or people really got a liking for those figures cause not one of the can be found right now after stores started selling them yesterday. And to think that I was gonna wait a few days on them cause they were flooding Ebay and seemed like a peg warming wave. Also the Taun We wave is non existent, or maybe its that they never sorted cases out and they havent reached a case of that Wave cause yesterday my girfriend found the Dooku/Yoda wave at Walmart and later that night when I went back they still had quite a few Yodas, Anakins and Red Troopers, finally picked that army building sucker up.

steve3p0
04-24-2002, 08:43 AM
the yoda and hanger duel anakin can only be found at certain stores.

ive seen only one royal guard
i have not seen luminara.

found dooku and tuan we only by searching out of town.

broctoon
04-24-2002, 09:15 AM
Doooooooookkkkkuuuuuu!!!!

Trying to find this figure made me absolutely insane yesterday. I must have gone to about 9 stores with no luck. The closest I got was seeing a guy with it in his basket at TRU. I asked him about it, and he said that they had three total in the store, and the kid working there kept two, and gave him the other. I even drove 45 minutes to a Super Wal-Mart int eh middle of the night, had first crack at the figs, and they didn't have one (but there were so many I hope there wasn't a couple burried that I didn't see).

Other rare ones 'round here were Genosian, Dexter, Royal Guard, Kamino Cloner guy (can't remember the name off hand) and Yoda. Fortunately, I managed to get them all in my crazy nine store hunt. I thought Anakin Hanger was tough till I saw a ton of them at TRU.

Oh well. My missing Dooku gives me something to hunt for in the upcoming weeks. :)

brentfett
04-24-2002, 10:03 AM
The Dooku/Anakin Hangar/Yoda case and the Taun We/Luminara/Imperial Guard casese are nowhere to be found around here.

BanthaPoodoo
04-24-2002, 10:28 AM
I got all the figures except Taun We. The rarest it seems in my area (after searching around 50 pegs 5 deep with figures, & a bin with around 150 figs dumped in em) I found:

0 Taun We
1 Dooku
1 Dexter Jettster
1 Luminara
1 Geonosian Warrior
1 Royal Guard
2 Anakin Hangar Duel

The rest were plentiful!

Beast
04-24-2002, 01:32 PM
Everything is plentiful here except the Boba Fett wave, my stores apperantly didn't get any of that wave in at all. Other then Target who wants 6.99 a figure. Hopefully when I go and hit some out of town stores this weekend, I can find some of them. I really wanted a Boba Fett and tusken mommy. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Evan Nash
04-24-2002, 01:37 PM
Lots of Storm--err Clone Troopers here.

No Yoda, Anakin, or Dooku. I'm keeping my eye out though. It's only been 1 day since release so stuff will still keep coming over the next few days. Gotta jump the gun tho. They will be very few.

Forhekset
04-24-2002, 02:26 PM
I just got back from TRU (first time so far I've actually gone out to look for anything) and pickings were pretty darn slim. No clone troopers......no Dooku.....no anakin hangar duel.....no qui-gon......no kit fisto (well there was a single kit fisto, but a rather large woman literally knocked me out of the way and snatched it up)....no royal guard.....no taun we....ah heck, it's easier to list what they DID have:

Approximately 150,000 Anakin peasant disguise, captain typho, boba fett, jango fett, battle droid/super battle droid, shaak ti, obi-wan, and tusken female w/child. Blech. That's literally ALL they had plus the assortment of vehicles, creatures, skateboards, and such.

I did get a super battle droid, tusken female, and jango, but I was pretty dissappointed that those were the only figures out of everything they had that even looked worth buying. I struck up a conversation with a guy who mentioned they were short packing lots of the figures that I was complaining about (outloud) and he said that Dooku was 1 to a case. Is that true? ONE? Jeez. So anyway, I guess I need to hit Wal-Mart on the way home or something.

BTW that was my first post here, hi everyone.

DeadEye
04-24-2002, 04:13 PM
In Kansas they have every figure but Dooku, it seems. My mom was lucky to find one, in the DOLL section at a K-B!

Omega Fett
04-24-2002, 04:42 PM
u guys need to learn that they did get all the waves,but they can just put out figures where they have no room. trust me at wal mart 20 mins after MM started,they opened the rest and thorug them in carts and rolled them to us lol. the ones they then gave us were the boba wave. i got a royal gaurd unopened and i opened my Taun Wee. I got 2 yodas and 2 anakins hanger duels (opened one of each) there are NO COUNT DOOKUS ANYWHERE by me at all!! at MM i dont think anyone got one

SuperBattleDroid88
04-24-2002, 06:07 PM
There is too much of everything here!!!!!! I just can't find Anakin HD, Yoda, and Count......... :(
I will find them sooner or later though.