PDA

View Full Version : Favorite TPM Quote (as of this day)

Bel-Cam Jos
09-05-2001, 04:28 PM
We all (yes, even you) have our favorite quotes from the newest SW film. If you're like me, they change quite frequently. What quote(s) is/are your personal fave(s) at this moment? P.S. There's similar thread in the Classic Trilogy section, too!

I'd go with:
"You could call for a vote of no-confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership." With questions of "Can you do[something]?" I often say this line.

bigbarada
09-05-2001, 05:09 PM
"That is the sound of a thousand terrible things headed this way."

One of the radio stations around Ft. Hood, TX still uses this quote to describe their music. (they play hard rock/metal)

I've also found myself saying "Okeday" a lot.

The 'Xir
09-05-2001, 06:23 PM
"I will not condone a course of action that will lead us to war" That's always been one of my favorites ever since it gave me chills when I heard it in the trailer!
For everyday situations and for business inspirations, I also like to use Qui Gon's, "Your focus determines your reality"!

Jargo
09-05-2001, 08:06 PM
Whenever I'm asked to make a decision about what to do with something that is no longer needed, like some old household item, i always mutter to myself 'Wipe them out - all of them...' before giving a real answer. I also describe people i don't much like as 'stunted slime' all the time. I'd use the whole quote more often but it's a little hard to get into conversation so i use the abbreviated version which makes people laugh anyway.
That is - when i actually leave the computer for more than five minutes and actually interact with flesh and blood human beings in the real world outside my front door..........

Fulit
09-05-2001, 08:14 PM
"I will make it legal".
Darth Sidious reveals a lot in that statement, I think, and it is delivered in a way only Ian McDiarmid could do.

master jedi
09-05-2001, 09:23 PM
"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge." -Darth Maul

To me this helps describe 'The Phantom Menace' as the being the Sith and/or Sidious/Palpatine.

2-1B
09-06-2001, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by bigbarada
"That is the sound of a thousand terrible things headed this way."
One of the radio stations around Ft. Hood, TX still uses this quote to describe their music. (they play hard rock/metal)

bigbarada, with the current state of my once beloved metal scene, I take this phrase literally !

On a related note, there's a hard rock station in my area that likes to play the ANH line, "This station is now the ultimate power in the universe."

bigbarada
09-07-2001, 11:54 PM
We have an 80s pop station that is loaded with Star Wars themed commercials. Probably the coolest has a Darth Vader like breathing in the background with the announcer saying, "The next chapter in a saga that spans generations!" then the goofy radio jingle busts in; but it's still pretty cool.

GNT
09-08-2001, 12:54 AM
Wipe Them Out....All Of Them

Order,Order!

evenflow
09-08-2001, 09:25 AM
"At last we will have our Revenge."

Rollo Tomassi
09-08-2001, 10:01 AM
Whenever someone asks "Hows it goin?" I reply

"Messa day startin pretty okeday wit de brisky mornin munchee..."

I also use the "Wipe them out...all of them" line, Jargo!

JEDIpartner
09-17-2001, 01:27 PM
I love the line that went (more or less)...

"Why do I have the feeling we've picked up another worthless creature?"

That one is good for SO many occasions.

Lobito
09-17-2001, 03:56 PM
"Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering" from Yoda.

"CHUBA" from Sebulba

Thats it for now.:D

El Chuxter
09-17-2001, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
"Why do I have the feeling we've picked up another worthless creature?"

"Why do I get the feeling we've picked up another worthless lifeform?" :D

Not trying to prove my geekiness, but I just love the word lifeform. Lifeform, lifeform, lifeform. . . .

Bel-Cam Jos
09-17-2001, 06:59 PM
"Why do I get the feeling we've picked up another worthless lifeform?"
Isn't is "another pathetic lifeform"? None of us seems to know our SW quotes very well!

GNT
09-18-2001, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos
None of us seems to know our SW quotes very well!

I guess your correct :)!

TeeEye7
09-18-2001, 03:12 AM
'....we shall be patient.....'

Used daily with my 12 year old son whose patience often is lacking ;)

JEDIpartner
09-18-2001, 09:50 AM
Yeah yeah... that's the ticket!

"Why do I get the feeling we've picked up another useless lifeform?"

:D

Look... I'm trying to get some work done while trying to be an active member of this community!! You can't expect me to have my head up my *** AND in the Star Wars universe at the same time!! Hahahaha!!!!

Lobito
09-18-2001, 01:31 PM
The quote that its always on the SW movies...I HAVE A BAD FEELING ABOUT THIS...

Yup, that one too.

Rollo Tomassi
03-21-2002, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada
We have an 80s pop station that is loaded with Star Wars themed commercials. Probably the coolest has a Darth Vader like breathing in the background with the announcer saying, "The next chapter in a saga that spans generations!" then the goofy radio jingle busts in; but it's still pretty cool.

My radio station always has Motti saying "this station is now the ultimate power in the universe..." but i guess everybodies radio station use that one.

I often imitate my best friend imitating Ewan imitating Sir Alec by saying "That boy is dangerous." in a reaallly bad accent.

Darkross
04-09-2002, 10:50 AM
"...I don't want this stunted slime in my sight again!" Is probably one of my favorite lines...but I also like "Wipe them out...all of them!", and "Begin landing your troops!" too!

187-Maul
04-09-2002, 11:47 AM
"At last we will reveal ourselves to the jedi, at last we will have revenge"
and
"Wipe them out...All of them"

BanthaPoodoo
04-09-2002, 12:09 PM
I like:

"you assume too much"

I think everyone in TPM said that at least once!

Dar' Argol
04-09-2002, 12:21 PM
"You assume too much."

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. Now get out of here."

icatch9
04-09-2002, 01:04 PM
ďYou canít stop the change anymore than you can stop the suns from setting.Ē
-Shmi Skywalker

I know that one isnít cool, or funny to say in certain situations, but it is a quote to live your life by. It is true that you cannot stop your life from changing, and itís up to us to deal with what life hands us.

odb
04-09-2002, 03:55 PM
'A communiciations disruption can only mean one thing; Invasion'
- Sio Bibble

'At last we can reveal ourselves to the Jedi, at last we will have revenge'
- Darth Maul

notafinga
04-09-2002, 09:28 PM
"Dissa Nutsen!"

"You will sign a tweaty that will legitemize owa ocoopation hea."

A buddy of mine was using an altered portion the line: "You must sign the tweaty" to mimic the Nemodians when we were planning on seeing the movie a second time. I was laughing pretty hard but he didn't recall that it was really a line in the movie. When I heard the above quote, I nearly died of laughter.

...shorly thereafter, we both fell asleep. (yawn)

jeez... I've used plenty of other lines fairly instinctively in everyday conversations, but I can't seem to recall any others at the moment.

notafinga
04-09-2002, 09:33 PM
...and that...

is why I fail...

Bel-Cam Jos
04-10-2002, 11:12 AM
My sprinklers in front of my house by the curb don't always come up when I turn them on, so they need to be lifted by hand. I always think of the quote "Rise, my friend." Wait! That's from ROJ! This is a TPM thread! D'oh! Here's the BSLOS as punishment:

"... I can smell a pig from a mile away."

As for TPM, I'd go with "Chesko, Sebulba" right now.

2-1B
04-10-2002, 11:29 AM
"Hit the nose."

"Shield generator's been hit!"

"We'll be sitting ducks."

RooJay
04-12-2002, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos

Isn't is "another pathetic lifeform"? None of us seems to know our SW quotes very well!

Actually it's:
"Why do I sense we've picked up another pathetic lifeform?"

My favorite is Jake Lloyd's "uhh...SHIP....uhh...CUP...uhh...SPEEDER...":D

BanthaPoodoo
04-12-2002, 10:34 PM
Two more I like and I get a kick out of:

"Roger Roger"

something like "umm uhhh this does not compute umm your under arrest"

Those droids are a riot!

gibbyhayes
04-16-2002, 08:13 PM
One of my favorite issues with TPM was its tacky accents and pronunciations. I can't help but quote Boss Nass, the Nemoidians, Watto and that stiff lipped queen.
But for now howabout " Myby tubung ith stubbuck"
(As a runner up - the sniff noise JJ makes to discover the Opee fart. Now that's entertainment!)

Eternal Padawan
04-16-2002, 11:36 PM
"Mooey, mooey! I luv you!"

"Dissen nutsen"

"My no know..."

"Ooh! Gooberfish! Huge-o teeth!"

and other assorted JarJarisms. My daughter loves 'em.

2-1B
04-18-2002, 01:32 AM
I like the way JarJar says, "A ha ! " after Padme asks, "you're a Gungan, aren't you?" :cool:

Freedom
04-28-2002, 05:07 PM
"You were right about one thing, Master. The negotiations were short." - Obi-Wan

187-Maul
04-28-2002, 05:33 PM
I never really liked that "joke" of Obi-wan
I always hoped Qui-gon would say something like not to joke around at the moment to shut obi up:D

leenovak
04-28-2002, 08:01 PM
"Poodoo!" - Sebulba
"At last we will have revenge" - Darth Maul
"See through you, we can." - Yoda
"What, you think you're some kind of Jedi waving your hand around like that?!" - Watto
"We would not do aaaaanything without the appoooooval of the Seeenate." - Nute Gunray

Pendo
04-30-2002, 10:03 AM
"The boy is dangerous. They all sense it, why can't you?" - Obi-Wan.
"We will watch your career with great interest." - Palpatine.
"May the force be with you" - Yoda and Mace Windu.

PENDO!

CaptainSolo1138
05-08-2002, 11:47 PM
Rune Haako: "It is Queen Amidala herself"
Nute Gunray: "At last. We are getting weesults."

Lott Dodd: "I obaject"

Captain Tarpals: "Yousa in big do do this time!"

Captain Tarpals(again): "*Gulp* Ouch time...."

Ratts Tyrell: "AHHHHHHHHHHHH"

Mars Guo:" ARRGGHHOO"

Sebulba: "Nien chuba nien?!"

Nute Gunray (in ultra-fem form): "Tek him away"

Darth Nihilus
05-09-2002, 09:21 AM
"You will be a Jedi. I promise." Famous last, prophetic words moron.

Pendo
05-10-2002, 02:23 PM
My fovourite quote has got to be the all time classic:
"Yipppppppppiieeeeeeeeee"

ONLY KIDDIN :D

I like, "Fear is the path to the dark side..." etc.
"A communications disruption can only mean one thing - invasion."
"I can only protect you, I can't fight a war for you."

PENDO!

2-1B
05-11-2002, 12:13 AM
"Master Qui-Gon, more to say, have you?"

and later

"REVEALED your opinion is!"

I just saw a bit of Yoda speaking from AOTC, so my thoughts have gravitated toward him for now . . .

RooJay
05-11-2002, 03:26 AM
I'm diggin' the new avatar Caesar! LOL
How do you guys make those customs anyway? Especially the South Park ones. Mine's getting a little stale.

DeadEye
05-11-2002, 07:43 AM
Who is Caesar's avatar supposed to be, anyway?

Bel-Cam Jos
05-11-2002, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by DeadEye
Who is Caesar's avatar supposed to be, anyway?
Well, Caesar is "obsessed" with Rick McCallum (j/k, Caesar! :D ), and if you recall, there were some SW-insiders (Steve Sansweet? Ben Burtt? Rick?) who were in costume as extras for the Naboo celebration scene at the end. That's the hat Rick wore for his outfit, I think.

2-1B
05-11-2002, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by RooJay
How do you guys make those customs anyway? Especially the South Park ones.

As stated, those are the work of Emperor Jargo, my current Ricky avatar is a gift from him. :) I have never made one myself, but Jargo talks about his exploits in post #40 here. (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=77517#post77517)

Bel-Cam, you are a teacher, right? What's the proper past tense of the verb "to cameo"? I'm thinking there isn't one, because I can't get it to look right. I tried the conventional "cameoed", so then I tried "cameod" but neither look right. I went with the apostrophe because even though I know it's wrong, it still gets the joke across without wondering what the heck I'm saying.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-11-2002, 06:02 PM
Cameo can be a noun or adjective (I suppose if you're creative, an adverb too), not a verb.
Noun = I made a cameo in a movie
Adjective = A cameo appearance
Adverb = uh, I'm stuck on this one... :confused:

"To cameo" is not correct. Closest might be "cameo'd." The most acceptible version is to "make a cameo," or "made a cameo" in past tense.

But since this is a quote thread, right now I think I like "Don't gedda me wrong; I have great faith in the boy."

2-1B
05-11-2002, 07:18 PM
Oops, I was thinking in German when I phrased it as "to cameo". You can see how I got stuck because I was using it to replace a simple past tense verb, "killed". :D

I'll use a Jake Lloyd quote, I genuinely like it when he says, "I'm gonna be the first one to see 'em all!" :)

bigbarada
05-12-2002, 03:17 AM
I'll pick, "I warn you, no funny business." No real reason, it just suits me at the moment.