PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars actions

Bel-Cam Jos
09-05-2001, 05:33 PM
Yes, that's actions, not auctions. We all (yes, even you) quote the films with great frequency, and maybe make sound effect sounds. Are there any gestures or actions you do that are SW-related? I have picked up Han's sly grin, but the more arcane one is this: I have a lauper (garden tool, not '80s singer) that I use that has a loose bolt. As I use it, I must tighten it, and for some strange reason, I always get the image of Vader turning that knob in his TIE Fighter in ANH.

Others?

Lobito
09-05-2001, 06:11 PM
When i aproach my nephew i make the Darth Vader respration sound. hehehe I can say others, like when somebody starts getting angry, u have to quote Yoda...."Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate...hate leads to suffering".

There are zillions...

Jargo
09-05-2001, 08:56 PM

stillakid
09-05-2001, 10:33 PM
Whenever I get on a particularly appropriate rollercoaster, such as Goliath at Magic Mountain, I like to imagine, if for just a brief moment, that I am a Biker Scout pulling G's through a forest. Ahhh.

TeeEye7
09-06-2001, 08:57 AM
It's hard for me to resist making a light sabre sound any time I remove a knife from the butcher block in the kitchen........wummmmmm!

(And I can see my wife rolling her eyes at this very instant!):rolleyes:

JediTricks
09-06-2001, 09:16 AM
When I walk up to automatically-opening doors, I always wave my hand as if I were using the Force. I've been doing that since ANH actually, and I know I'm not the only one. ;)

r2dee2
09-06-2001, 09:40 AM
JT, I like your automatic door opening move. I'm sure I'll smile the next time I go through one:)

Whenever I find a screw, washer, bolt or nut on the ground, I have to pick it up and say "Look Sir, droids":D

El Chuxter
09-06-2001, 10:13 AM
Has anyone--over 21 only, please :rolleyes:--ever waved their hand and said, "You don't need to see my identification," whenever carded?

Obi-Don
09-06-2001, 10:34 AM
I use Yoda's way of talking with my daughter to get her to laugh and yes,I have used Vader and other lines too.My wife really likes my Jabba :eek: We won't go into that!:D

master jedi
09-06-2001, 11:27 AM
If I make Vaders voice in front of my 2 year ol neice she get pretty scared so I try not to do that in front of her.
A lot of times whenever I pick up a pencil or scissors or something that resembles a lightsaber I always make humming and clashing sounds.

evenflow
09-06-2001, 11:42 AM
I do the Darth Vader and Jabba the Hutt laugh and voice to my neice, shes also 2. I think she thinks I'm crazy. She finds it funny though. She loves watching Star Wars, my job is done. :D

stillakid
09-06-2001, 11:44 AM
When driving up to our garage door, I'll call my wife "Chewy" and ask her to click the button. She refuses to answer me with the growl.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-06-2001, 12:01 PM
Actually, JT, I have a quiver's worth of automatic door opening techniques:

Snapping fingers (my favorite)
Punching in air (upper cuts or straight forward)
Shooting with fingers
As if I'm pulling them open
Holding out hand palm up
Ninja kick
ZZ Top slide motion :)

I am sorry that I have created this thread that proves our craziness about SW! ;)

JEDIpartner
09-06-2001, 03:58 PM
I sometimes wave my hand when approaching a traffic light... I started doing that on Halloween a couple years ago while in my Jedi Robes... Hahahaha!

I also sometimes do the Vader Corce choke thing when I am getting aggravated with someone on the phone.

I am SUCH a geek!

Fulit
09-06-2001, 04:52 PM
When my air conditioner thermostat gets ready to click off, it makes a small, barely audible sound. Sometimes I raise my hand towards the air unit as if I am using the Force to make it go off. My wife just looks at me. Oh, and if I'm driving my V6 and some street punk acts like he wants to race me in his G'd out piece of crap, I smoke him and then remark, "All too easy". Oh, and shifting into drive always makes me think of that lever Luke pulls on the Imperial Shuttle as he's leaving the second Death Star. God, when it comes right down to it, theres probably a million things I do a day that have some reference towards SW, and I don't even realize it. People must think I'm a nut.

The Bald Ewok
09-06-2001, 05:11 PM
Hey El Chuxter...usually when I get pulled over, I say...
"Were not the droids you are looking for!"

Boy o boy, what a classic line

stillakid
09-06-2001, 05:28 PM
Umm, how often have you had to use that line?

JEDIpartner
09-07-2001, 04:15 PM
Yo, 'Wok!

I hope that isn't all too often!!! Otherwise those troops may take you in and put you in the same holding take as that Beru Lars chick. Yeek!

bigbarada
09-07-2001, 11:13 PM
Whenever I'm laying down or just being generally lazy and I need to reach something that's too far away, I attempt to use the Force. It hasn't worked yet, but it's a great way to bring on a headache.

GNT
09-08-2001, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by El Chuxter
Has anyone--over 21 only, please :rolleyes:--ever waved their hand and said, "You don't need to see my identification," whenever carded?

No not exactly but I was pulled over by the police and they asked for my details etc and I said "You don't need to see my identification" and waved my hand,Although they kept on asking me and I kept on saying that line so 1 night in prison isn't that bad?

JediTricks
09-08-2001, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by bigbarada
Whenever I'm laying down or just being generally lazy and I need to reach something that's too far away, I attempt to use the Force. It hasn't worked yet, but it's a great way to bring on a headache. See, you're doing it wrong, the Force can't be... forced. ;) You have to let it flow through you. (why yes, I do this all the time as well and have put a ton of thought into it, why do you ask? :D)

Bel-Cam Jos
09-08-2001, 11:36 AM
I used to try to reach my dinner implements with The Force when I was younger. Basically it involved cramping and straining my hand, while squinting and moving my head away for a new perspective.

I often ate alone. ;)

But my favorite action as a kid was Han running down the Death Star passageway. I had the yell, his awkward run, holding the rifle, the stop, all down pat. However, I was the only one who could properly do the Stormtooper back-fall, so I had to give my Han role to others at times!

Rollo Tomassi
09-08-2001, 11:54 AM
"You can go about your business."

"Move along."

I use these two with people who are annoying me.

I also have an Obi Wan Kenobi lightsaber that leans in the corner of my living room that I pick up on occasion (OK more often than that) and "light up" and swing around for while. Obi Wan's is the best for this because it has that cool "trigger guard" so you don't accidentally turn off the saber every 5 seconds. I've mastered the art of tapping the bottom to get the "clash" sound effect as i swing it around. C'mon you guys know you do this too. I KNOW JT has picked up a lightsaber or two in his life...

When it's snowing outside at night (you have to live in a place where it snows!) and you flip on your brights, you go to "lightspeed" as all the bright snowflakes fly past...try it!! It's cool...

Fulit
09-08-2001, 12:38 PM
I confess, I have an Obi-Wan lightsaber that I swing around sometimes, but I also have one of those Slam Man boxing dummies and I beat the hell out of him with the lightsaber. I have resisted the urge though, so far, to put my Boba Fett helmet on the Slam Man's head, mainly because I don't want to damage the helmet.

bigbarada
09-08-2001, 03:36 PM
See, you're doing it wrong, the Force can't be... forced. You have to let it flow through you. (why yes, I do this all the time as well and have put a ton of thought into it, why do you ask? )

Has it worked yet?

When it's snowing outside at night (you have to live in a place where it snows!) and you flip on your brights, you go to "lightspeed" as all the bright snowflakes fly past...try it!! It's cool...

I've done this many times on the long 500 mile drive between Ft. Hood, TX and El Paso, TX! Very cool! (Yes, it snows here.)

Bel-Cam Jos
09-08-2001, 03:55 PM
BB that is a horrendous drive! Even worse than I-10 from east of Los Angeles to Phoenix. Ugh! When I experienced snow in western Texas, I climbed to the highest point in Texas, in the Guadalupe Mtns. At the summit, they have a box with a notebook where you can write something, and I put "Guadalupe Peak; take you to it I will. But now, we must eat!" :)

bigbarada
09-08-2001, 04:48 PM
Yeah the drive itself is terrible, especially when taking it at night when you can't find a single gas station open for over 250 miles! I've had to go 80 miles out of my way just to get gas! And even then the gas station owners know you're desperate and charge up to $0.50 more per gallon! To top it all off I've been pulled over twice for going 71 in a 70 mph zone! What a horrible drive, but the snowflake thing is still cool!:D

GNT
09-09-2001, 12:14 AM
We all have sad lives! :rolleyes: :D

2-1B
09-09-2001, 12:50 AM
Whenever I hold a shovel, rake, etc., I always strike a Weequay pose and think of the figure's sculpted hands facing opposite ways.

And when I put on a glove, I imagine pulling it on like Luke's after Fett blasts his fake hand.

You guys are right about the snowflake thing!

JediTricks
09-09-2001, 11:47 AM
I've reenacted every lightsaber scene in the trilogy probably a hundred times, using empty lighters, flashlights, my imagination, or even (gasp!) toy lightsabers in this playing out of the coolest scenes. My favorite has to be Luke catching his saber over the Sarlacc pit and snapping it on. A buddy of mine had the Hasbro sabers and we dueled it out for hours, doing the Luke-smash from the end of ROTJ till the sabers gave out. I actually have 3 Hasbro lightsaber toys now, as well as an ROTJ Luke saber replica and a Parksabers double-bladed saber (not based on Maul's).

As for the Force, it only seems to work on automatic doors right now, though I thought I got it to work in a boring 9th grade class once, holding a pencil in the air for 2 seconds, but I could have just been watching the making of 2010 too much. ;)