PDA

View Full Version : 187-Maul, need your advice...

Darth Ovori
04-24-2002, 02:13 PM
O.K. I got my Stormtrooper builder set, very cool and half way threw putting together the figures...

But I've notived they did'nt come with the regular stormtrooper blaster...

Do you Know where I can get the blasters in Europe... ??? :confused:

187-Maul
04-24-2002, 07:08 PM
187-maul to the rescue...
I have no friggin idea about that - I had some left from differnt toys like luke remov. helmet and 1st stormie
little question: how did you get the legs together and do the upper bodys completely fit together? I stil have a few problems of with the arms hanging down all the time

Darth Ovori
04-24-2002, 07:39 PM
Mine fit perfectly together...

To answer the legs question: This is tricky, and had to get inside source from Toy makers on how they do it...

First boil water at a very temp...
Now attach the upper and lower leg togerther without the pin...
Hold it by the foot and make sure that the knee connection is in the boiling water for at least 1-2 minutes...

Now take it and place a rod of 5mm diameter to holes (I used chop sticks) ... This will enlarge the gaps for the pin... Place it under cool water and remove the rod...
Now you will have the gap stretched large to insert the pin... Place the pin in the pivot gap...

Finally, place the leg back into the boiling water so the extended gaps go back to thier original shape, and this will hold the pin in place...
Back under the cold water and thier you go...

After this I've learnt why toy makers are using rubber plastic, with the heat it stretches and is easier for assemble... It's true!!!
Only difference is that sometimes in the assemble line they use hot air from hair dryers!!!

It seem insane but this is how it's done...
I actually fun doing it...

Hope this helps and let me know the results...