PDA

View Full Version : I need advice

manji
04-24-2002, 03:34 PM
In my mad rush to open my new figures before my wife came home and discovered how much I'd spent on "toys", I inadvertently through away the gun that comes with Outland Peasant Anakin. Other than paying for a new figure, does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get a replacement? Thanks!

JetsAndHeels
04-24-2002, 03:41 PM
Well you have a few options.
1. Just cough up the 6 bucks and get another one.
2. Maybe a friend or co-worker has one and can part with their gun
3. Go looking through your trash for it

*Note:I would recommend number 1, because you cant have enough Sw figures, and the other 2 options probably wont yield you any success.
So go buy another one!! Its your money!!

LTBasker
04-24-2002, 03:41 PM
Might try calling Hasbro and saying your's didn't come with the gun.

JEDIpartner
04-24-2002, 03:51 PM
They'll tell you to go back to the store and exchange it... Hasblah stinks!

evenflow
04-24-2002, 04:02 PM
Go buy a new one. That is probably the easiest way.

Taichi
04-24-2002, 05:27 PM
Go buy a new one???

he's got the damn figure!, he just doesn't have the gun....

call Hasbro, they'll send you a new one for free.......I've done this before, and had absolutely perfect results.......

they do care about missing accessories, and if the figure is still being produced, they WILL replace the weapon........

manji
04-24-2002, 05:33 PM
Buy another one?! I just dropped $200.00 on figures! I hope to let my bank account recuperate before I pay for another figure. I don't think the student loan people will accept "Midnight Madness" as an acceptable excuse for defaulting on payments! I checked the trash....no luck. Today was trash day and it was all gone. Thanks for the idea about calling Hasbro, Taichi. I'll call customer service and see where that gets me.

derek
04-24-2002, 05:40 PM
dude,it's just a little gun that he can't hold anyway. if i wasn't protecting my super hero identity, i'd send you mine. now go tell your wife to get you a beer and let you worry about the family finances!:D

manji
04-24-2002, 05:46 PM
Great idea, Derek! While she's at it, she can bake me a pie, too! Huh, oh, uh...what's that dear? You want me to mow the lawn? Yes, dear. And your mother is coming to stay for the weekend? Sure, dear, that's fine. Yes, I'll put away the dishes and clothes.

Seriously, though, I've checked Hasbro's website. Does anyone have Hasbro's customer service hotline number? I couldn't find it on their site, and their Q&A page didn't seem like the quickest route.

Beast
04-24-2002, 06:03 PM
1-800-327-8264
Customer Service is open Monday-Thursday from 8:30 AM-6:30 PM Est., and on Fridays from 8:00 AM-4:30 PM Est. Hope that helps, and good luck getting a replacement gun. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
04-25-2002, 04:57 PM
Call the Fart Bog at your own peril, but the most likely way to not pay for the replacement gun is to take it back and say it wasn't there.

It's a necessity too, I picked up this figure last night 'cause I like playing with the magnetic Force gimmicks. It's weird how in this Ani set, all 3 pieces are magnets instead of just metal.

derek
04-25-2002, 08:27 PM
wait a second, am i missing something? is the gun peasant ani comes with supposed to be metal? cause mine is plastic. i guess that's why the gun dosen't jump into his hand at my house.:)

pthfnder89
04-25-2002, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by derek
wait a second, am i missing something? is the gun peasant ani comes with supposed to be metal? cause mine is plastic. i guess that's why the gun dosen't jump into his hand at my house.:)

No, it's plastic. It has a *tiny* piece of metal in the center but it's so small that the little "force attraction" doesn't work at all. At least not on mine.

derek
04-25-2002, 08:36 PM
ok thanks pathfinder89,

i did find a good use for that chest and 3-PO's though. they are good for storing that goofey force lighting stuff.:)

JediTricks
04-26-2002, 09:19 PM
pthfnder89, it's not just a "tiny piece of metal", it's a small magnet, so it's got to be the right polarity or it'll repel Ani's hand rather than attract it. Same with the door latch, though you don't want the gun to attract the latch magnet, so you face the butt of the gun towards the front of the box and as far away from the center as possible. Mine works fine.

Droidlover
04-27-2002, 12:20 AM
Good luck with Hasbro. I bought a Legends of the Dark Knight Batman Man-bat figure a couple of years ago and when I opened the package his leg fell off. I called them and they would replace the figure, but with another figure and they could not guarantee I would receive the same one. Like I bought my sought after Man-bat to send it back for a neon day-glo jungle sarfari aloha hill-billy Batman tm. Oh and where is new R5D4 by the way?

Sidiously Darth
04-27-2002, 12:58 AM
As of now, my Obi-Wan is much stronger in the force than Anakin. Obi can open the box and pull the gun out in a giffy. Annie is still having some trouble.

Heck, my Obi can almost hold his Assassin droid, open the box, grab the gun and give Padme a spankin' w/ the ol' lightsaber. Then she turns around smacks him w/ an uppercut and Obi drops everything.:crazed: