PDA

View Full Version : WM drops price on 12" Collection 2 days after release

Dar' Argol
04-24-2002, 03:44 PM
I know that a lot of you really don't like WM for one reason or another. There are even some things I do not like that they do. This is one of them. About a week or so b/4 the fig release, I reported the 12" Collection went up in price from $19.76 to $23.88. Now 2 days after the release there was a price change in our system.

Old: $23.88
New: $19.76

Those . . . . (I can't say it here but insert if you like) just wanted to get as much money on release so they raised the price. Now, after they got their money, decide to be "giving" and lower the price again. So, here's what you do if you bought them b/4 today. Now remember, the price change just came down today, so it may be a few days yet till its seen across the nation.

Hopefully you kept the receipt. Take it back to WM and go to the Service Desk. Explain to them that you purchased this fig on 4/23 and show them the receipt. Then tell them that the price just dropped to $19.76(if your WM did the price change yet). They will refund you the differance. This must be done within 5 days of the price change, otherwise you will not get it.

Just trying to help eveyone out and save a little money.

JetsAndHeels
04-24-2002, 03:47 PM
Thanks alot Dar Argol. I still have my receipt, and I will take it with me tonight when I go back.

LTBasker
04-24-2002, 04:11 PM
Cool, now what about the speeders? Mine had Zam and Anakin's speeders for $12.98 whereas the retail price is 10.99. :(

Dar' Argol
04-24-2002, 04:27 PM
LTBasker, I haven't seen anything on the Speeders. To be honest, I didn't even see the price for them. I was too busy setting everything that night. But I will LYK if I see anything come down for them.

JangoFett96, make sure they did the price change first. It just came down today and will not show up "late" for another 5-7 days. At which point they must do it.

Dryanta
04-24-2002, 04:37 PM
Thanks man,
This also is good for Items on Lay-a-way?That's where mine are right now.Do you think the change will show up by friday or Saturday?

derek
04-24-2002, 05:42 PM
my walmart was selling them for this price all along, and despite the average collectors disdain for this product, they all sold out quickly.

Dar' Argol
04-24-2002, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Dryanta
Thanks man,
This also is good for Items on Lay-a-way?That's where mine are right now.Do you think the change will show up by friday or Saturday?

It depends on when the Dept Mgr of Toys for your store does them. Since they have to verify the "on-hand" count, it isn't an automatic thing. Each Dept Mgr in each store must do it manualy. So, if they did it this morning when it came down, it will show up as soon as they did it. And yes it will work at Layaway. But you will have to cancel thoses items and then just re-add them again at the new price.

Originally posted by derek
my walmart was selling them for this price all along

They were selling them @ $19.76 during release?? That is highly unusual:confused:. The price change to raise it came down weeks ago as a company wide thing. It would have been showing up really late and the District Manager would have had a cow! They do not let things like this go late. Someone would have done it. Interesting:confused:.

Thrawn
04-24-2002, 11:49 PM
Target and Kmart have them for $19.99 each so they have to compete - and Targets here have TONS of em.

At my scum mart the shelf tag was $19.76 and when they rang up at $23.88 I just brought the tag over and they had to give them to me or else I would've just gone to Target and got them.