PDA

View Full Version : Opening the figure cards

Paul-Kenobi
04-24-2002, 04:26 PM
this has allways made me wonder, everytime i get a figure and open it up the bubble sense it's glued to the card it gets damage but now i'm wondering if there is any other way to open the bubble with out damageing the card ?

Beast
04-24-2002, 04:36 PM
I take a knife, and slit the bubble all the way from the right side to the left, leaving it still connected at the bottom. Then I'll pop out the figures and then store the card and bubble away. If I choose to remove the bubble, I will just finish the cut all the way around. You leave a row of plastic from the bubble attached, but you don't damge the card. :)

MTFBWY an HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Paul-Kenobi
04-24-2002, 04:40 PM
but when you do it with a nife dosent some of the paper from the card still come off ?

Beast
04-24-2002, 04:43 PM
Nope, cause your leaving the part of the plastic that is glued to the card attached. There will be a line of plastic all the way around, but you won't damage the cards opening them. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Paul-Kenobi
04-24-2002, 04:58 PM
oh i get it you really just cut the bubble to the spot you need.

Beast
04-24-2002, 05:01 PM
Yeah, you know how the bubble is bent flat at the bottom and the flat part gets glued to the card? I take a knife and slit it just above the bend, so that all is left is the part of the bubble that is glued to the card. Hehe, it would be alot easier to explain, if I had a digital camera or a scanner handy. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Paul-Kenobi
04-24-2002, 05:17 PM
will you have givein me an idea usely on the card there's a small Air pocket or this case a small part that wasnt glud i could take the nife where there and just make a slice it wont tear the whole card just that like it has before it would just be a smoth cut

thanks though for the idea jar jar

Taichi
04-24-2002, 05:26 PM
Pretty easy....

just take a hair dryer, and use it on the back of the card.....this will melt the glue that holds the bubble to the card.....

next, you pull the bubble off (It will be a stringy mess, but you can clean it up with zippo lighter fluid.....

it works!!! try it sometime!

Paul-Kenobi
04-24-2002, 06:45 PM
its a nice idea but i'v enever hurd of zippo lighter fluid don't even have that anyway its a nice segistion though thanks.