PDA

View Full Version : New Trilogy 3.0 !!!!!!!!

DarkArtist
04-24-2002, 05:31 PM
Don't get me wrong but the idea of remaking the classic trilogy for the millionth time is crazy. From what i understand many of the fans I know didn't like the special editions. The original fims were fine on their own and did not need additional footage.:)
I happen to be a fan of the old trilogy due to the fact that I saw the originals when they first came out. I think I even saw Jedi like ten times. :D
If Lucas wants to remake the Trilogy that's fine and I welcome the new enhancements but focus on making this new and improved version and DVD and leave it alone after that. :rolleyes:
I can't forsee buying every version of the Trilogy just because it has five extra minutes of new footage. Give me a Break I am not made of money.
Besides what else could he possibly add to the movies that would make it better than they already are. The scene where Lando is rescuing Luke from Cloud City? Han Solo's Girlfriend in the Cantina? :confused: :confused:
If Lucas does decide to remake the Classic perhaps he should now include the scene with Luke and Biggs on Tatoonie since he added the scene within the Rebel Hanger and definately delete the scene of Greedo firing at Han in the Cantina. Worse scene and total sucide if you ask me. Two feet away and he misses....C'mon is Greedo blind or just a lousy shot.:o :o

odb
04-24-2002, 05:59 PM
I agree with you DarkArtist. I think the OT should be left as they are. I always thought that the new footage inserted in the Special Editions looked out of different and now shows up other scenes where the effects look dated or inferior. Plus I think the Special Editions inserted or corrected all the scenes that needed attention, excluding the Greedo scene.

Really GL shouldn't need to make major changes because if he is smart and perceptive enough he should be able to tie up lose ends and use existing objects to tie the two trilogies together.

I can't remember who said it but a good artist knows when to leave his piece and go back and not overwork it. Don't know if it applies to Directors though.

bigbarada
04-24-2002, 10:29 PM
I think we all saw this coming, why else would GL not release the OT on DVD? Obviously he is still not happy with the original versions nor the SE's. Otherwise they probably would have been released by now. Personally I don't care at this point what he does to them; but he should release "Archival Editions" of the OT on DVD which would consist of the original theatrical releases to accompany the "enhanced" versions. This way people could choose which versions they like best. Although this might cause some confusion in the marketplace and I can see how that would be bad.

I really don't think we can really say "yes, he can" or "no, he can't" change his own films. Because they still are his films.

RooJay
04-25-2002, 11:20 PM
I'm all for it. I liked the Special Editions (even though I'm not keen on the idea of Han Solo shooting first!). I just hope GL makes the original release versions available on DVD also to keep the purists happy (and for those times when I feel like seeing 'em in their original form! My VHS's are going to wear out eventually, and they won't be getting any easier to replace!).

corporal AMF
04-25-2002, 11:38 PM
With the DVD technology improving every day, maybe we could have the original versions, plus the deleted scenes and we could choose to see the 70's/80's OT, the SpEd trylogy and the 21th OT if we wnat too.......I've been dreaming for all the deleted scenes, but ot include them and maybe ruining the original magic....and inserting new shots!!!! (Can you imagine JArJar in ANH :dead: :dead: )
I believe everything must go in its respective place, just like the phantom menace DVD.......:o
Oh GOd...I'll have to buy Again TPM in DVD:confused: , an then buy later this year AOTC DVD:cry: , it's too much, I already have the VHS, and VHS widescreen:eek: :eek:

But who knows, it's always seen from 'a different point of view'

Taichi
04-29-2002, 04:51 PM
I LOVED THE SPECIAL EDITIONS.....and think the enhancements will go a long way towards bridging the gap between the OT and the Prequels....

this is just my opinion, and I love to see how he can enhance, and change the originals.....

most of what we're gonna see in these new versions, is TOTALLY NEW SCENES.......they're adding the Imperial March to ANH.....and filming new footage of the old characters......for insertion into the original footage....add to that more visual effects (C'mon......the OT will not stand up to the Prequels visually, if it doesn't....)

you can disagree with me.....but we'll always have the ORIGINALS too.....

hopefully, when the OT DVDs come out, we can choose from the original version, the SE version, or the ENHANCED SE version.....

that'd be great......and everybody would be happy......

Darth Nihilus
05-04-2002, 01:14 PM
I just can't see where Lucas will insert extra scenes without ruining the flavour of the OT. I mean I like the SE because they don't seem so intrusive. But to change your original work because you didn't take enough care in writing TPM seems a bit excessive.

Pendo
05-05-2002, 01:31 PM
I don't mind remaking the classics, aslong as the originals are not forgotten. When the SE came out, it's always that that gets shown on TV and comes out on Video. I'd like to see the original versions re-released on Video (or DVD) again, and shown on telly.

PENDO!

chewie
05-05-2002, 08:02 PM
50 years from now, those of us left alive will be able to see the remake of the OT done by whomever is one of the big hot directors of that time.

DarkArtist
05-06-2002, 06:20 PM
Don't get me wrong everyone I like the SE as well. But I do have some news on the sketchy release of the Trilogy on DVD. According to the THX rep at Celebration 2 the reason Lucas has yet to put the trilogy on DVD is because the film was not shot using digital technology and the platform of DVD would due the film no justice at this time. The reason for the new Enhanced SE's is to add more digital footage while trying to correct the picture that exists already. If you watch the beginning of the making of the SE's it shows how much the film was destroyed and that was partial reason as why the SE's were redone. So unitl Lucas is satisfied with the picture and sound quality of the the original trilogy it looks as if the DVD trilogy will be a long time in coming. As far as the Enhanced editons work has commenced on them and should be ready in 2003.

RooJay
05-06-2002, 11:59 PM
HEY, thanks for bringing up that point! I think a lot of us got so caught up with all the added bells and whistles of the Special Editions that most have forgotten that the original reason, and main purpose for them was to attempt to halt the films' continuing deterioration, and to repair some of the damage that had been done to the original prints. Whether you think adding scenes, and updating effects was necessary or not, you can't argue with Lucasfilm's attempt to save them from decay, and repair some of the damage.