PDA

View Full Version : Why is Obi-Wan out of proportion???

Billiam86
04-24-2002, 07:47 PM
Is it just me, or does Obi-Wan seem a lot smaller than all the other figures? I know he's in a weird stance and that makes him shorter...but his head an legs and arms dont seem as big as everybody else...is this just mine?

CrossWizard
04-24-2002, 07:54 PM
I posted something similar to this post a few days ago but everyone told me it was just his pose, or that Ewan is really short, but the fact of the matter is that the Obi Wan Chase figure is a midget and his head and legs are out of proportion. I still love the figure though, hopefully the Obi Wan Pilot will be better proportioned.

Obi-wedge
04-24-2002, 09:51 PM
I think it has to do with the fact that if correctly sized, the magnet may not of been able to hold the extra weight.

Wolfwood319
04-24-2002, 10:47 PM
Actually, from the pics I've seen, Obi-Wan is shorter than Anakin. Also, he does have his legs wide-spread in that pose. I think he just looks thinner than he should.

derek
04-25-2002, 09:40 AM
stand the original episode 1 obi-wan next to the episode 2 figure. the E1 figure towers over him. something is wrong here.:)

CrossWizard
04-25-2002, 10:00 AM
Not only that, I tried to do a boil & pop head swap between my extra Obi Wan with a spare Naboo Obi Wan I have and he ended up looking like I put a child's head on a man's body.

pthfnder89
04-25-2002, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by derek
stand the original episode 1 obi-wan next to the episode 2 figure. the E1 figure towers over him. something is wrong here.:)

Yes but stand the Soft Goods Obi Wan next to Naboo Obi Wan and Soft Goods is much shorter also.

Coruscant Chase is definitely a smaller figure but I think he's pretty much the right scale compared to the other AOTC figures. But it'll be easier to figure out when Pilot Obi comes out and we came compare them. :)

I still love Coruscant Chase ObiWan though! I think I've been playing around with him more than any other figure:)

CrossWizard
04-25-2002, 11:36 AM
Yeah, he's awesome, even with his short stature. I put his metal saber on the magnet hand and gave him Qui Gon's saber on the other, now both Anakin and Obi Wan are gonna open a can of double dueling action whoopass on Dooku.

Plus if you pose him correctly, looking to the right, he looks like hes about to unleash some Karate Kid style hurt on anyone who stands in his path. :p

JEDIpartner
04-25-2002, 12:33 PM
I love the figure. I "fixed" the bad (on all of them) job they did on his paint. Mine's got the heavier and lower eyebrows and the right coloured hair (light reddish-brown with blonde highlights). I like the magnet on this one... the ASN-121 droid rocks.

I have a feeling I will be "fixing" all of my Obi-Wans. :(

Obi-Wan is shorter than a lot of the other characters- you can see him looking UP at Anakin in most of the still pics. Padme SHOULD be shorter than him, though. I didn't get her so I can't compare.

Jedi Clint
04-26-2002, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by derek

I tried that out before I looked up this thread to see the new posts. Both of those action figures look off to me now. If we knew the height of say: Ewan, Hayden, Liam, and Chris Lee it might help us figure out which are in the correct proportions. Dooku towers over Anakin HD......is that right?

LTBasker
04-26-2002, 01:12 AM
If it helps any, according to IMDb.com, McGregor's height is 5' 10 1/2"

Maybe it is his correct height?

Jedi Clint
04-26-2002, 01:20 AM
Thanks LT. Hayden is 6' 1". Chris Lee is 6' 5"!! The figures still look out of proportion to me. Chris looks too tall and Ewan looks too short. :(

LTBasker
04-26-2002, 01:25 AM
Put him next to Yoda. ;) The Hangar Duel Ani and Dooku figures look in proportion next to each other however I can't compare Obi-Wan since I don't have a loose one of him. The Pilot Obi-Wan figure looks taller than Coruscant but then again all the figures looked bigger until seen in person.

Jedi Clint
04-26-2002, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker
Put him next to Yoda. ;) The Hangar Duel Ani and Dooku figures look in proportion next to each other however I can't compare Obi-Wan since I don't have a loose one of him. The Pilot Obi-Wan figure looks taller than Coruscant but then again all the figures looked bigger until seen in person.

Gah! I can't imagine how the two (Yoda and Dooku) would look next to one another. I may stand my original release Yoda next to him just for fun. I guess Dooku could pass for 4" taller than Anakin in action figure form? In comparing my PM Kenobi with the AOTC Kenobi........AOTC Kenobi is far superior IMO to what I once regarded as one of my favorite figures :(.

Darth_Maul25SW
04-26-2002, 04:03 AM
He seems ok to me. His height is similar to Jango Fett Kamino Escape. Head size seem pretty similar to.

mark2d2
04-26-2002, 04:55 AM
Shouldn't the Episode I figure be out of scale because didn't the whole accurate scale thing begin for the first time with POTJ?

DarthMaulSithLord
04-26-2002, 10:27 AM
Midget Leia Bespin.

:rolleyes:

Croaker
04-26-2002, 11:43 AM
try standing the two new anakins side by side.
I guess that he grows during the movie!

bigbarada
04-26-2002, 07:01 PM
I've noticed the same thing with the two Anakins, I guess with the first wave Hasbro wasn't as concerned with proportions as they were geared towards kids anyway.

I think it was a mistake for Hasbro to release OP and HD Anakin around the same time. As there is such a gap in quality. Who, aside from completists will choose the OP Anakin when the HD Anakin looks so much better?

Bespin Leia might be a midget; but that's only because Carrie Fisher is so short in real life. Look at her walking next to Han and Lando on Bespin and you'll see just how tiny she really is.

DarthMaulSithLord
04-26-2002, 07:13 PM
I know, but that fig is really too small IMHO.

:D

bigbarada
04-26-2002, 07:21 PM
Maybe she should have been the pack-in figure for Bespin Escape Chewie.;)