PDA

View Full Version : Ridiculous

jobi
04-24-2002, 08:58 PM
Look at what some of these people are doing.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&ht=1&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&query=count+dooku

JEDIpartner
04-25-2002, 12:25 PM
That's just plain SICK!!! I hate those people. The people buying them should be shot, too. Can't you folks wait like 3-4 weeks until we get more Count Dookus on the pegs??? JEEZ!

Forhekset
04-25-2002, 12:46 PM
Oh well, if they have the money to blow, let 'em blow it. A guy I work with just spent $60,000 on a '99 Dodge Viper. Nice if you can afford it ;) Personally though I'd rather wait a couple of weeks for more figures to show up instead of pay out the nose on eBay.

jedi master sal
04-25-2002, 01:09 PM
I couldn't agree more with you fellows.

This is just the kind of thing that sends collectors in a false panic. Thinking that we won't get that Count Dooku fig right now. Sheesh. Remember the Darth Maul! After awhile stores couldn't get ride of him. Dooku is no Maul, Jango is the real "villian here" wait and see what happens to him!

Darth Ovori
04-25-2002, 01:26 PM
I don't get, are people so stupid that thier always stuck with the idea of "e-bay"... Hello theres on-line stores that have them at normal price!!!

Amanamike
04-25-2002, 01:39 PM
Some etailers have Dooku in stock?? Where? While I dont like those insane prices on Dooku, its Hasbros fault for not evening out the selection more. Less Anakin collection 1, more Dooku.

InsaneJediGirl
04-25-2002, 01:52 PM
Rare?lmao:rolleyes: The figure is just short packed for a bit.I swear..some people need a reality check.

:rolleyes: :eek: :crazed:

Beast
04-25-2002, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by InsaneJediGirl
Rare?lmao:rolleyes: The figure is just short packed for a bit.I swear..some people need a reality check.
:rolleyes: :eek: :crazed:
He's not even shortpacked, he's packed 2 per case, just like almost every other figure in the line. He was just a last minute figure, so is a little hard to find at the moment for some. Just wait, by the time the movie opens we will see plenty of the Count on the pegs. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

CrossWizard
04-25-2002, 02:19 PM
Ive seen a couple of Dookus since yesterday morning on Ebay at $5.88 with a buy it now price of $6.99-$7.99, but theyre usually gone 2 minutes after they are posted. Also those of you who are not so lucky and need your Dooku fix, try www.action-figures.net, they have all 27 figures plus Luke, Vader and Mace in stock for $6.50, but Ive heard theyre a bit slow on the shipping(about 1-2 weeks)

Yu_
04-25-2002, 02:24 PM
If people want to spend there money let them.. the funny thing is one of the guys selling the Figs, is actually an e-bay employee.. LOL a fool and his money are soon parted.. if some idiot wants to blow all there money for nothing I say let them… it’s not like they are being forced.. no one holds a gun to there head and says “you will bid now!” and personally I can wait until they come out cheap.. That’s me though I guess there are people who can’t, who are any of us to say how others should spend there money? Stupid they may well be, but then stupidity is the most abundant element in the universe. (as demonstrated by the person with the ingenious idea of shooting the buyers and sellers involved in the “Rare Dooku” auctions…)

Forhekset
04-25-2002, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Yu_
Stupid they may well be, but then stupidity is the most abundant element in the universe. (as demonstrated by the person with the ingenious idea of shooting the buyers and sellers involved in the “Rare Dooku” auctions…)

Somehow I have a feeling JEDIpartnr was being facetious when he said that.

InsaneJediGirl
04-25-2002, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

He's not even shortpacked, he's packed 2 per case, just like almost every other figure in the line. He was just a last minute figure, so is a little hard to find at the moment for some. Just wait, by the time the movie opens we will see plenty of the Count on the pegs. :)

Thats exactly what I meant JJB.

And Yu...I'm not stupid,just a bit slow;)

eliwankenobi
04-25-2002, 04:50 PM
I hate the scalpers just as much as the next hard-working collector - and sometimes more, because I happen to live in Scalper Central, CA.
My only consolation is knowing that all these bastards will wind up losing more money than they make when these figures finally make it out everywhere. They like to create a 'false panic' by claiming that EVERYTHING is rare in hopes of generating greater sales. The smart collectors - and there's more of them out there than they want to admit - have no problem waiting another week or two to pick up whatever they need at retail.
The Darth Mauls were a good example. The scalpers created a 'panic' about these being rare and hasbro responded by flooding the stores with Mauls. Haa-Haa-Haa!!!
Unfortunately, there are those impatient ones who have to have everything immediately and keep these guys in business - not to mention all the g@dd@mn exclusives (but that's another gripe).
I can see using eBay to find discontinued items, but come on guys, the new stuff is out there, or on the way. Have a little patience and quit keeping these guys in business. I'll get my Dooku in a week or two...

Yu_
04-25-2002, 05:19 PM
I wasn’t really trying to insinuate that you were stupid, honest :p but sometimes I think some of you guys are spoiled in the states, I lived there for a long time, and when I moved to the UK getting this stuff became a lot more difficult, it’s pot luck over here, hell most of the shops don’t stock star wars, and when they do we don’t get nearly the selection of the states, you have to go to a specialty shop for even the basic figures most of the time, and then there is the price, while they are $5.99 in the US they are about £5.99-£7.99 (that’s like $10-12 each) here. The odds of finding the “good” figures are slim to none… (unless you want to fork out a lot of money) I tend to wait and trade with friends in the US or buy online, at times I’ve paid over the odds, but it’s the only way to get the stuff you really want, I could have waited until the cows came home, but Mara Jade will still never show up over here.. As much as I hate the scalpers, sometimes if I want something I have to buy from them, there are always two sides to a story.

Sorry if I seemed a bit *****y, I certainly didn’t think you really wanted to shoot people.. LOL I think sometimes people forget we don’t all have a wall-mart, or a TRU around the corner… (well I do have a TRU but it doesn’t have any of the new stuff and when I asked about it they said because EPI stuff didn’t sell they aren’t sure if they will be stocking it, and if they do there isn’t going to be much.)

See why I’m easily riled up ;)