PDA

View Full Version : Big Time Spoiler Question & Comments

jlw
04-24-2002, 09:59 PM
I just finished reading the AOTC Graphic Novel and WOW!! I cannot wait until May 16th.

Now having read the novel, I have a couple of comments and questions.

Comment 1: For those of you who love the bounty hunters, you will love them even more after AOTC!!

Comment 2: For those of you who hate Jar Jar Binks, you will hate him even more after AOTC; you will probably blame him for the fall of the Republic!!

Question 1: The Jedi Counsel is not clearly drawn in the comic, so my question is; has there been any leaks as to who is on the counsel in AOTC?

Question 2: BIG SPOILER HERE!!!!!!

Quinlon Vos is clearly drawn in two different arena battle scenes in the graphic novel. I do not believe Dark Horse would have drawn him, if he is not indeed in the movie. Has there been any real confirmation as to whether or not Quinlon Vos is indeed in the movie?

Jargo
04-25-2002, 07:00 AM
Jedi Council:

new:
Trebor Coleman (thought to be Sarr labooda but clearly not)
Shaak Ti

replacing yareal poof and Yaddle respectively.

returning:
Yoda
mace Windu
Saesee Tiin
Plo Koon
Ki-Adi Mundi
Even Piell
Depa Billaba
Eeth Koth
Oppo Rancisis
Adi Gallia

Some confusion arose in that the actress seen with Plo Koon in some pictures of the Chancellor's chambers wasn't the actress who plays Adi gallia. This has been clarified as the fact that Adi has a cousin who is also a Jedi identified as Stass Allie. She also is seen on Geonosis in the arena scenes. Whether Adi gallia goes too remains to be seen. Gin is named in the cast list as playing Adi in the movie so it must be in the council scenes and I would hazard a guess that seeing as Gin is a model not really an actress trained in martial arts that they found an actress who could handle the fight scenes and made up the extra character to suit their needs. I'm fine with their being another character from Adi's world wearing very similar clothing and that funky hat. But the new actress is more solidly built than the very slender Gin. So you should be able to tell them apart as The new actress has a rounder face and more lively eyes.

The arena Jedi may yield influences from many sources that are dear to the designers and production teams. Aayla Secura can be seen in the comic adaptation leaping into battle and she came from a comic book originally George liked her look and included her at the last minute, so it's possible that Quinlan was also the inspiration for a Jedi stunt player. But it could also just be coincidental that the stunt player looks a lot like Quinlan.

RooJay
04-25-2002, 09:24 PM
It's also safe to assume that Dark Horse would indeed insert Quinlan Vos into the arena battle scenes even though he's not in the movie. Dark Horse seems pretty fond of the character they have created, and most of the Star Wars monthly comic storylines have centered on him. Naturally, they'd have a vested interest in throwing him into the comic adaption whether he's in the movie or not. We can hope though...

Slicker
07-25-2006, 03:45 PM
I very highly doubt we'll see Quinlan in the arena although I've heard he's in TPM.:rolleyes:

seanmcfripp
07-25-2006, 05:41 PM
I very highly doubt we'll see Quinlan in the arena although I've heard he's in TPM.:rolleyes:

I don't know which is worse:

- digging up, then responding to old "spoiler" threads like this one

- digging up ancient "latest haul" threads where some poor kid says "Hey guys, I found a Rancor Keeper!" then replying with "Sweet! Can you get me one?" punctuated with the little eye rolling smiley.

Caesar better not be off bored somewhere doing this too...

2-1B
07-27-2006, 12:41 AM
You only pop in here once in a blue moon sean, and when you leave us the hurt is so deep we have nowhere to turn to. :bored:

I haven't even posted in 2 days so I'm exempt, anyway. lol

But to answer your question, the correct answer is

c) people who post just to complain about other people digging up an old post. :crazed:

seanmcfripp
07-27-2006, 01:14 PM
You only pop in here once in a blue moon sean...

I try slacking off at work whenever I can, but it's tough. I don't know how the regulars around here post as often as they do.

El Chuxter
07-27-2006, 01:18 PM
By turning off images in our browsers so all anyone looking over our shoulders can see is a field of grey and blue.

Banthaholic
07-27-2006, 04:18 PM
I heard a rumor Vos is going to appear in ROTS

CaptainSolo1138
08-01-2006, 12:39 PM
I heard a rumor Vos is going to appear in ROTS
We're going to have to wait two or three years for Slick or Caesar to dig up a thread and debunk that rumor, LBC.

seanmcfripp
08-01-2006, 01:48 PM
We're going to have to wait two or three years for Slick or Caesar to dig up a thread and debunk that rumor, LBC.

lol lol lol

2-1B
08-02-2006, 12:24 AM
The debunking post has already been composed, it's sitting here in a separate window just waiting to be posted...hopefully my computer won't need to reboot before 2009. :)

CaptainSolo1138
08-02-2006, 06:17 AM
Use Silly Putty on the screen to get a hardcopy just in case.