PDA

View Full Version : Ack. Hasbro made LOADS of Jedis, but forgot Adi Gallia?

Dexter
04-24-2002, 11:10 PM
I think it's great that Hasbro chose to include a lot of Jedis in the initial AOTC line, but I think they really missed the boat not making Adi Gallia. She had a popular Episode I figure, and there's no reason to believe she won't be back in Episode II... I would think any Jedi that got an Episode I figure would be important enough for Kenner to churn out an Episode II figure initially as well...

pthfnder89
04-25-2002, 01:08 AM
Adi Gallia fights alongside all the other Jedi on Geonosis as well as appearing in several small scenes. If Hasbro came out with a new figure of her I would definitely buy her. But since her POTJ figure is still really good in my opinion, I would rather see new Jedi from AOTC.

Lol, I'm a total Jedi freak! :D

Sean the Hutt
04-25-2002, 02:11 AM
uhhh, they already made her, and until she does something good, like kick sith butt, then I do not need another....yet! I mean if you want her how about another ki adi mundi! If they are made, I hope they are different and have a cool battle looking stances.

Beast
04-25-2002, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by Sean the Hutt
uhhh, they already made her, and until she does something good, like kick sith butt, then I do not need another....yet! I mean if you want her how about another ki adi mundi! If they are made, I hope they are different and have a cool battle looking stances.
Well, they are doing another Ki-Adi-Mundi. He comes out later this fall. :) So while Adi Gallia isn't totally out of the question, lets see somemore of the council members before her again. Plus her cousin? is in the movie as well, so that is always a figure possibility. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Battle Droid
04-25-2002, 02:26 AM
I'd like to see one that they haven't made a figure of already first, like Oppo Rancis (sp?) & Yarael Poof (even though he isn't in Ep2)

Tycho
04-25-2002, 03:29 AM
I agree:

I want a new Adi Gallia figure.

I also agree that the rest of the Episode One Jedi Council Members should be made: 1 per year at least.

Yaddle is in Episode 2.

Adi Gallia should be. She is Corellian, and most Corellians (Han, Wedge, Madine, etc.) do not wear jellyfish on their heads. Why should her 'cousin' as JarJar dubs the General Mills food company's error in labeling her character. Sure, Adi's cousin could be a Jedi, but she'd likely be Corellian too, but not likely to wear the same darn jellyfish! That thing's cool looking, but HAS to be explained.

Adi Gallia is also the most prominently featured amongst the Jedi Council who are written of in the EU. She is Siri's master, has been on missions with Obi-Wan and QUI-GON, Ki-Adi Mundi and A'sharad Hett, Quinlan Vos, Plo Koon, etc. For a female Jedi from the prequel era, Adi Gallia is "it!" She's something of the Mara Jade on the good guys' side.

As to Yarael Poof, he is dead before E2 takes place. He died on a mission that Jango Fett and Zam Wessel crossed his path on. They did not kill him, but rather fought on his side temporarily, while they were after the same objective. Yarael sacraficed himself, and Jango saw justice served. (in the Zam Wessel comic).

But back to making Adi Gallia (Arena Battle), they should, AND they also can do Yaddle at the same time.

Yarael, Oppo Ranciss, Even Piel, and Depa Billaba should also be made. The other 3, besides Yarael, die as well. Possibly on Geonosis in the Arena Battle, because only 4 members of the Council survive AOTC: Ki-Adi Mundi, Plo Koon, Mace and Yoda.

BTW - There is a spoiler disclaimer at the top of this forum - partially due to the fact that toys of Zam and Anakin have removeable arms, etc., so I don't want to hear it!

(if you want to complain, Hasbro has way too many spoilers on their character bios they wrote for their cardbacks! Mine was nothing compared to certain figure cards...)

mark2d2
04-25-2002, 04:06 AM
Who cares? They already made her. She was a major pegwarmer. It's not like these boring Jedi ever get a change of clothes. There are a million better characters that I'd rather see than a lame resculpt of a glorified extra who frankly isn't even that interesting to begin with.

LTBasker
04-25-2002, 05:59 AM
They need to release a set of council members, heck they could do it as a 12-figure series and the chairs could be pack-ins for the E1 Jedi w/ softgoods robes so you could get some articulation in there and after taking off the robes they could double as the E2 Arena Battle Jedi. Well I guess it would need to be 14 member series considering the 2 new Jedi on the Council.

Anyways, until that's done, E1 Adi Gallia could quite possibly suffice for now due to the fact you can posistion her arm so she looks like she's in a fight...I think.

pthfnder89
04-25-2002, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Tycho
I agree:

Adi Gallia is also the most prominently featured amongst the Jedi Council who are written of in the EU. She is Siri's master, has been on missions with Obi-Wan and QUI-GON, Ki-Adi Mundi and A'sharad Hett, Quinlan Vos, Plo Koon, etc. For a female Jedi from the prequel era, Adi Gallia is "it!" She's something of the Mara Jade on the good guys' side.

She was also the main character in the recent Jedi Starfighter game on PS2. I would love to see a new Adi, but I think I'd rather have newer Jedi, since I already have an excellent figure of her.

My first picks:

Barris Offi (spelled wrong, I know, but she's Luminaras padawan and she looks badass!:))

And the other female Jedi Council member (the one who looks at Eeth Koth in Episode1 )
Aalya Secura - The blue Twi'lek Jedi
Bultar Swan - A picture of her is attached at the bottom.

Lord Tenebrous
04-25-2002, 03:02 PM
It's not an error. From the AOTC Scrapbook:

- Adi Gallia is still on the Jedi Council. Her cousin, Stass Allie, dresses almost identically and is seen in the battle on Geonosis.

Why is Obi-Wan's new saber almost exactly the same? It just is. Same with this.

Jargo
04-25-2002, 03:12 PM
yeah, Gin who plays Adi Gallia is the one sitting in the council chambers. The actress seen in Palpatine's chamber next to Plo Koon is not Gin (don't know her actual name) and is the character known as Stass Allie. She's the one seen on Geonosis. Adi may be there too but my theory is that Gin is a model not a physical actress so they got someone in to play another Corellian Jedi who looks like her but could handle the physical side of things. And then they made up the cousin thing to cover it.

But yes, I'd buy a new Adi figure. I'd buy a Stass Allie figure too. Providing they weren't one pose wonders or stuffed full of useless lightsaber wobbling actions and spring loaded missile firing nonsense :)

Wonderboy
04-25-2002, 03:53 PM
Ummm Adi is NOT in Episode II. I've read the novel, the script and the Tradepaper back, and she is NO WHERE to be seen.

If you've played Jedi Startfighter, you will note, that she is on another mission while all hell is breaking loose on Geonosis. She's not in ATOC at all. Sorry.

Is there a website anywhere that list out all of the known Jedi? I'd really be interested in seeing who everyone is and who has padawans etc...

Thanks!
:sur:

LTBasker
04-25-2002, 03:57 PM
Well the only other movie Gin Clarke has been in is The Fifth Element as an asisstant to the Diva.

I'd Adi Gallia could be on Coruscant during the whole attack to look over the Jedi Temple, afterall they can't leave those little Jedilings all alone can they? They need someone to put Jar-Jar band-aids on their lightsaber owies. :D

Jargo
04-25-2002, 04:16 PM
The official AOTC movie scrapbook has a full two page spread on who's on the council and who else is new. It clearly states that Adi is still on the council and still there in the picture. On the following page it has a photo and a blurb on Stass Allie being Adsi's cousin and the fact that she fights on Geonosis. This is an officially sanctioned publication. The novel is a little off kilter anyway as it includes exposition never scripted and added just for the novellisation to expand the horizon of the book. It can't really be taken as cannon whereas the pictures from the movie in the scrapbook can.

But let's look at it this way - whether it's Adi or Stass, there's a funky looking Correlian with a funky looking hat in this movie who deserves to be made into a funky action figure without silly gimmicks that don't work properly. can we agree on that?

Lord Tenebrous
04-25-2002, 04:24 PM
Maybe they'll pull a Nikto and create a generic Correlian Jedi with the Tholoth headdress. :)

Then you can buy two. :)

LTBasker
04-25-2002, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Wonderboy
If you've played Jedi Startfighter, you will note, that she is on another mission while all hell is breaking loose on Geonosis. She's not in ATOC at all. Sorry.

Scripts change, therefore changing the novels - Anakin vs. Greeds scene.

Also Lucas doesn't put the games, comics or other EU into his universe, so while Adi is fighting peeps in Jedi SF in the game, in the movie she quite easily could be right there on Geonosis.

Jarg, I'd have to agree with you, wether it's Gallia or Allie, she has to be made, we can always just call it what we want it to be anyways. Heck they could just label her as "Jedi Master" so she's two figures in out of one.

leenovak
04-25-2002, 04:31 PM
Okay, I'm pretty new to all this, is there a reference somewhere to who is who? Just so I can put a face to these names?

Also, in Episode I, there was a Jedi on the council with a really long neck....I thought he would make a good figure. Did they make one of him, and what's his name?

Jargo
04-25-2002, 04:48 PM
Long necked jedi would be Yareal Poof and he's been sacked from star wars for this movie because he looked too much like the Kaminoans. no figure was made despite many wanting him and he did appear in a Hasbro fan choice poll but lost to Amanaman if memory serves me. Hopefuly one day we will see him in 4 inch scale. :)

Adi Gallia is the black female Jedi who wears a head piece that has whitish teardrop shaped pieces hanging down the back of it. She has a green tint to her skin in places and is stick thin. She wears a greenish grey tunic and a dark brown robe. A figure of her was made for episode one but it was a standing figure posed neutrally and not much good for a fight. :)

Sources for who's who are everywhere. If you don't mind being a bit spoiled try the Attack of the clones movie scrapbook published by DEL REY. It has a full two page spread on who's on the council. :)

jobi
04-25-2002, 05:25 PM
I personally think they shouldn't nake resculpts until they make some new jedi. I already have an Adi Gallia she's great but let's see some new ones.

evenflow
04-25-2002, 05:33 PM
There is no need for them to repeat Adi Galia. Her other figure is fine. Other never before made Jedi should be made first. Actually the remaining Jedi Council members from Episode I should be made first. Then the new council members from AOTC, as well as any other Jedi.

eliwankenobi
04-25-2002, 05:53 PM
Haven't seen what kind of part she'll play, but my vote for new Jedi figs is Aayla Secura.