PDA

View Full Version : Should I get the deluxe Ben and Dooku????

DARTH_SKELETOR
04-25-2002, 01:38 AM
Yes, I know they have the feet magnets, and that Dooku's saber is not removible, BUT, are they worth getting??? Your replies WILL make me decide. THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Evan Nash
04-25-2002, 02:05 AM
Perhaps the other guys, but Deluxe Dooku is the worst.

I HATE this pose.

Wolfwood319
04-25-2002, 02:19 AM
I persoanally didn't get them, but a buddy of mine did. If you want some figures that you can actually "play" with, then go for it. But if your just looking for figures to display, keep carded, whatnot, I don't think its worth it.

QLD
04-25-2002, 02:30 AM
I got them and opened them. They aren't horrible, but they lack in the poseability department. They both look like they are squatting behind a tree. Oh well.

hango fett
04-25-2002, 06:43 AM
if your a collector like me, who gets everything thats 3 3/4 inches, then i would get it.

Obi-wedge
04-25-2002, 08:45 AM
I would wait a bit. The price will drop just like all the other deluxe figures from the past. I did get the Mace, but passsed on the other three. They will eventually make their way to the bargain bin. (especially when people find out that the figs do not have any real articulation.)

JEDIpartner
04-25-2002, 08:48 AM
They aren't the best sculpts, but they are fun toys. Only buy them if you are not an on-card collector and actually like to do things with your figures other than look at them. I have them... but that's because I am an out and proud toy player!!! :D

JediTricks
04-25-2002, 06:26 PM
I only got Dooku, since the regular figure is gonna be HTF in my neck of the woods for a little while. It's a fun toy, kinda weird to have this old guy hunched over doing a flip, but it's probably worth getting. I wouldn't know about Obi-Wan, I passed there. One thing of interest though, if you get both and connect them, I don't see how you'll be able to get both figures to land properly on the center base as Dooku needs a LOT of room to land - I picture him landing ON the Obi-Wan figure and knocking everything over.

hango fett
04-25-2002, 09:18 PM
my fulosify is if your going to collect one thing, try and get them all...thats one of the three reasons they make them. (money, fun, and collecting)

JediTricks
04-26-2002, 10:20 PM
Trust me, if you don't like some of what Hasbro's doing in this SAGA line, that philosophy will only confuse Hasbro into making more stuff you don't like.

Evan Nash
04-26-2002, 10:57 PM
I wouldn't.

They can't post or anything worth crap.
Don't buy stuff just to buy. You'll regret it.

Save your money. They suck. Get some Lego instead.
I got the Count vs. Yoda LEGO and I love it.

Paul-Kenobi
04-26-2002, 11:19 PM
my review of Deluxe dooku a person who got it

Darth Tyranus ( deluxe Figure)
Boy i should of lissin to everything on the fourms this figure is LAMO STINKO! all this figure is good for is fliping and customing it he is allso only for for lightsaber dueling alittle bit i would have to say you can only give him 4 battle moves but i got this figure cuase i couldnt find Count Dooku Dark Lord but i got him anyway i might costumize him unless this is a figure that would be worth something latter on