PDA

View Full Version : Most seen figure?

dirtybones
04-25-2002, 08:58 AM
I don't have the Dooku figure yet, and most of the people I have talked to while looking for him have the same issue.
Question : What is the figure that you all have seen the most? for me it's Jango Fett. I swear this guy is ever where, and in mass numbers!!! The TRU I first went to had a floor bin 3/4 of the way full of this guy. So I did my part to help make room for the next wave of figures and bought three.
So who do you see the most of? and who is the least?:confused:

kadamontaga
04-25-2002, 09:41 AM
For me there's been no sign of Dooku, Royal Guard or Zam.

The figure I've seen most of is without a doubt the Super Battle Droid. I really can't see this guy selling in the quantities they have him in stock, its ridiculous. I went to two TRU stores on Tuesday and they had racks and racks of the fella. Okay, I think you get the picture.

The second most common figure I've seen has been Anakin OPD. Possibly because its a piece of trash.

JEDIpartner
04-25-2002, 10:00 AM
Anakin... Tonnes of Anakin.

Wolfwood319
04-25-2002, 12:23 PM
Jeez, all the figures from the first wave (the basic 14) are plentiful around here with the exception of Padme. She was sold out at 2 stores I went to.

But as for the most, I'd have to say Anakin or Jango Fett. Frickin' everywhere, I tell ya what.

CrossWizard
04-25-2002, 12:27 PM
Yep, Anakin (OPD), Jango and C3P0 are flooding shelves here.

Dexter
04-25-2002, 01:09 PM
Peasant Anakin. It's all I freaking see ANYWHERE here.

What I wouldn't give for there to be Jar Jar's clogging the pegs... :D

BanthaPoodoo
04-25-2002, 01:12 PM
Dexter Jettster & Dooku!!!!!

just kidding, all I see here is Chase Kenobi, Peasant Anakin, & Jango Fetts!!!!!

Darth Sidious
04-25-2002, 01:22 PM
I have seen tons of Jar Jar Binkses (Senator), Kit Fistos, and Saesee Tinns. I did manage to find a Super Battle Droid and a Nikto, though.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-25-2002, 01:48 PM
The most seen at retail: Anakin OPD, Padme CH (crack ho), OB1 CC.

The most seen on ebay: Count Dooku

...those scalper punks :mad:

Forhekset
04-25-2002, 02:11 PM
I thought I made a pretty decent haul at Super Target yesterday when I found Dexter, R2, Kit Fisto, and Saesee Tin - figures I previously hadn't seen anywhere - but I really hit the mother lode today at a Super Wal-Mart.

As I'm walking through the doors I see a guy pushing a basket out to the parking lot and this thing is full to the brim of SW stuff. So I'm thinking Oh great, I bet that guy just cleaned the place out. Much to my surprise though, they had quite a few of almost every single figure (though no Dookus, Royal Guards, Luminaras, Taun Wes, or Geonosians). By and large though the figure I've seen the most is Peasant Anakin, followed by the Battle Droids, then Jango and Boba.

Now if I can just find those last 5 figures, I'll have all the ones worth buying, so far....

jblodgett
04-25-2002, 02:16 PM
Peasant Anakin everywhere....

Introducing the first official peg warmer..................

sunblind
04-25-2002, 02:20 PM
I've seen alot of Kit Fisto and Anakin.

Lord Tenebrous
04-25-2002, 02:32 PM
Large Amounts: Anakin Peasant, Padme Arena, Obi-Wan, Jango, Plo, Battle Droid, Super B-Droid, Kit Fisto, Artoo (both), Threepio

Decent Amounts: Typho, Tusken, Boba, Shaak Ti

Few But Sitting: Nikto Jedi, Jar Jar, Zam

Few But Selling: Yoda, Dexter, Clone Trooper

Sold Out: Dooku, Anakin Hangar, Geonosian, Saesee Tiin

Late to the Party: Luminara, Red Guard, Taun We

DeadEye
04-25-2002, 02:57 PM
common: Clonetrooper, Zam, HD Anakin, Yoda, Royal Guard, Taun We, Dexter Jettster

not so common: Dooku

The Sith Lord
04-25-2002, 03:18 PM
There are a ton of Anakin's, Obi-Wan's, and Kit Fisto's in the Dallas area.

I am suprised that everyone is having a tough time finding Dooku's and Royal Guards. I've seen at least 6 of both at a particular KB Toys. Why someone would pay those insane amounts for Dooku's on ebay is beyond me.

I do have a couple of Dooku's for trade if anyone is interested. I have all of the new AOTC figures but I'm looking for a Jorg Sacul from Celebration II. If anyone is going next weekend, we can talk trade.

eliwankenobi
04-25-2002, 04:11 PM
Seen lots:
Outland Anakin, Obi-Wan, Jango, C-3PO, Super Battle Droid, Typho, Tusken

Seen some:
Padme, R2, Kit , Saesee, Ploo, Shak Ti, Geonosian, Battle Droid, Dexter, Baby Fett

Seen Few: Zam, Clone Trooper

Seen none: Dooku, Yoda, Taun We, Royal Guard, Hangar Anakin, Luminara

leenovak
04-25-2002, 04:26 PM
After being to 3 TRU's around here, all I can say is this:

Make the Jango Fett's STOP!

If they could replace, oh maybe just 10% of the 5000 Jango's warming pegs right now with Yoda, Dooku or the Royal Guard I'd be happy. :)

Wonderboy
04-25-2002, 04:50 PM
Here is the breakdown (from what I've seen) for the Los Angeles area:

Plentiful: Anakin OPD, Obi Wan CC, Battle Droid, Dexter, Jango

Moderate: Padme, Kit Fisto, C3PO, R2D2, Geonosian Warrior, Jar Jar

Scarce: Clone Trooper, Boba Fett, Tuskin, Shaak Ti, Typho, Zam

MIA: Dooku, Yoda, Royal Guard, Anakin HD, Taun We, Luminara

JediTricks
04-25-2002, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by BanthaPoodoo
Dexter Jettster & Dooku!!!!!

just kidding, all I see here is Chase Kenobi, Peasant Anakin, & Jango Fetts!!!!! On Monday night, Dexter *was* among the big pegwarmers (poolwarmers really, stupid TRU Monrovia put figures into those plastic kiddie pools) that night.

I've been seeing a lot of Battle Droid, SBD (which is a shame, I think this figure is cool), Anakin Outlander, Kit Fisto, Senator Jar Jar, R2, 3PO, Nikto, Saesee, and Obi-Wan.

I've still not seen Dooku, Royal Guard, Ani Hangar, and a few others, but those are the ones I'm looking for.

BTW Wonderboy, I'm also in the LA area and Boba Fetts, Tuskens, and Typhos are plentiful at the Kmart I was at yesterday. Shaak Ti was plentiful at Wal-Mart.

RooJay
04-25-2002, 05:55 PM
Out of the dozen or sp stores I've been to since Tuesday I think Peasant Disguise Anakin has become this line's first official pegwarmer! I'm kinda torn on this one myself' I want to hate him for that goofy pose, and the old school style lightsaber feature (which I hated even on the vintage figures, and hope to never see again after Anakin!), but part of me thinks it's kinda cool looking anyway. I chalk it up to nostalgia; I hated the feature way back when, but in a strange way it's interesting to see again.

mark2d2
04-25-2002, 06:00 PM
C3-P0, Anakin, JarJar, Jango, and most of the Alien Jedi were all in abundance at the Toys R Us the other day.

R2, on the other hand was nowhere to be found. And I really searched through bin after bin. Just as I was about to give up, a kindly worker wheeled out another shopping cart of figures. Low and behold there was a few R2s on top along with several Amidala Crofts (Yikes! What happened there, Hasbro?!)

I have seen no Royal Guards, Hanger Anakins, Clone Troopers, or Sandpeople in Drag. None what so ever. Dooku --- who?

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
04-25-2002, 06:01 PM
Kit Fristo, Anakin, Obi-Wan, 3-CP0 and the Super Battle Droid are clogging the pegs.

The harder to finds are Jar Jar (Jar Jar?) Luminara, Dexter, Dooku, Tusken lady and brood, and the Royal Guard.

Sith Vicious
04-25-2002, 07:07 PM
It's the main characters that are pegwarming here. Anakin Peasant, Padme, Obi-Wan, C3PO, and Kamino Jango. It's going to be Episode I all over again. I'll probably never see any of the next wave.

hango fett
04-25-2002, 08:30 PM
wal-mart west of us: rares are ani (hd), yoda, clonetrooper and zam.
common: everyone else but padme'
non-exsistant yet: dexter, dooku, luminara, nikto, jar jar, saesee, royal gaurd, taun we, geo warrior.

wal-mart to the southeast of us: rares are rd, zam, padme', dooku (my dad said they had about 5-6 and he bought 2.)
common are everyone else.
non-exsistant: same as before

wal-mart to the north of us...same as WM S of us....**oh, what fun it is to ride in a care for an hour and a half and not find half the first wave**

(**= siging like a x-mas song "oh, waht fun"...)

sorry if a wasted time...:D

Forhekset
04-25-2002, 08:30 PM
I was going to start a new thread about this, but I guess I'll just post it here, anyone need Zam Wessell? I bought an extra as I haven't seen too many of her around.

BanthaPoodoo
04-25-2002, 08:31 PM
I am being totally honest & serious here.....

Tonight I went to a WM in a town just south of me & all they had were countless Dooku's, Taun We's, Luminara's, Clone Troopers, etc....

No Dexter that I could see, but it made up for it with all the Dooku's....

Sometimes I think MS is stuck in a wormhole or time warp or something, I mean imagine my surprise when I saw the rack with Dooku dripping from it!!!

therock0603
04-25-2002, 08:36 PM
Anakin OPD and C-3P0. I havent had any trouble finding Dookus. My Wal-Mart had about 3 pegs full of them Tuesday morning. Although I went back today to buy Zam and saw that there were only a few left.

CooLJoE
04-25-2002, 11:01 PM
Around here you are guaranteed to see the following at any store (cept meijer which is total crap and only got one box. idiots they are):

Anakin (disguise)
C3PO (BG version in great supply)
Kit Fisto
Padme (BG and non-BG equally available)
Obi (chase - altho he's dwindling)
R2-D2

Jar Jar is getting close to being a peg-regular. Same with Dexter. The sandperson with child is dwindling away. Used to be an easy find, but lately only one store that I checked today has them.

rbaumhauer
04-25-2002, 11:05 PM
At the three stores I tried tonight in Holyoke, MA, there were Jar-Jars, Battle Droids, Jedi Niktos, and Saesee Tiins as far as the eye could see. Dexter was also quite plentiful.

All-in-all, I saw less than half of the 27 figures.

leenovak
04-25-2002, 11:14 PM
I went to 5 different stores tonight here in Milwaukee. Of those stores, here's what I found:

0 of the 5 stores had: Count Dooku, Royal Guard, Anakin -HD, Yoda, Taun We, Luminara

1 or 2 stores had: Tusken Raider, Dexter, Geonosian Warrior, SaeSee Tin

3 or 4 stores had: Padme, Captain Typho, Plo Kloon, Clone Trooper, Zam Wesell, Jar Jar, R2-D2

All 5 stores had the remaining figures.

Hope that helps someone. Good luck!

gibbyhayes
04-25-2002, 11:21 PM
I'm in Minneapolis, and as far as our local metro area goes I've seen no Dookus, Taun We's, Royal Guards, Luminaras, or Yodas. Give me an hour and I can pretty much find anything else. What gives? Are these guys from a specific case? I've been to too many store too early to be missing out - like its a regional drought or something.

Two questions for y'all:
1) What's the significance of these figs w/inserts? Should we be snarfing them up?
2)Does collection 3 still exist?

Omega Fett
04-25-2002, 11:34 PM
Plentiful: Anakin OPD, Obi Wan CC, Padme, Jango,C3PO

Moderate: Kit Fisto, R2D2, Jar Jar

Scarce: Clone Trooper, Boba Fett, Tuskin, Shaak Ti, Typho, Zam,Yoda ,Anakin HD

MIA: Dooku, Royal Guard, Taun We, Luminara,Geonosian Warrior,Battle Droid,Dexter

But thank god i went to MM and got Taun Wee and the Royal Gaurd and Anakin HD,and Yoda and Dexter and some others but from the ones i just listed i got at MM i have not seen since lol

asiandoood
04-26-2002, 12:44 AM
I saw all of them but I still havent seen Dooku, nor the Royal Guard.

Save one for me please?...just one? I just want one :D