PDA

View Full Version : Anakins Speeder

pthfnder89
04-25-2002, 12:01 PM
Ok, I bought both Zam and Anakins Speeders; I really like the Crash Gimmicks because they both work really well and I think hasbro did a great job on that.

Unfortunately, they totally screwed up Anakins Speeder.

The designed it with two leg spaces for two figures, and they are seperated by the "shifting column" and control panel sort of like a stick shift car. But the problem is Hasbro made the openings for the figures legs TINY!

This has NOTHING to do with how widely spaced some of the AOTC figures legs are, the holes are just plain miniscule! To give an example, anyone who has the POTJ Ellors Madak figure, look at how closely together his legs are. He will *barely* fit. :rolleyes:

This is like the ridiculous Naboo Speeder all over again. They should have simply left the middle column out and made room for the two figures. Or leave it in and just have space for one figure. I don't really care which, but damnit, you should at least be able to fit a SINGLE FIGURE in the vehicle.:mad:

I think the reason I'm so mad about this is because I REALLY REALLY like both of the speeders otherwise. It's just this one glaring flaw that copmletely ruins Anakins.

JEDIpartner
04-25-2002, 12:28 PM
Hmmmm... I haven't attempted to put any figures in mine yet. I'll have to check it out when I get home!!!

pthfnder89
04-25-2002, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
Hmmmm... I haven't attempted to put any figures in mine yet. I'll have to check it out when I get home!!!

Good luck JEDIpartnr. Right now the only way I can get one figure to sit in it is by having them straddle the shifter.

JEDIpartner
04-25-2002, 12:37 PM
Maybe we'll have to "customise" two figures by sawing off their legs at the boots to fit them in!

jedi master sal
04-25-2002, 01:04 PM
How about just cusotmizing the speeder. (cut out the seperating piece and if need be carefully shave away at the bottome of the "dashboard". This way you can fit other figures instead of only have two that can fit if you cut their legs off.

pthfnder89
04-25-2002, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by jedi master sal
How about just cusotmizing the speeder. (cut out the seperating piece and if need be carefully shave away at the bottome of the "dashboard". This way you can fit other figures instead of only have two that can fit if you cut their legs off.

That's exactly what I was going to suggest Sal. :) I think that's probably the best way, but it won't be easy, because the Steering column sticks way out toward the driver, so it might be difficult to get access to the center part. But I'm going to try.

I wanna re-ennact the Coruscant chase damnit! And I can't do it with only one passenger:frus:

JediTricks
04-25-2002, 06:35 PM
I was able to comfortably shove Obi-Wan Coruscant Chase in there without much difficulty - both seats. He'd fit perfectly if not for his straight right arm that's off to the side (though he'll be able to put it up on the side "door" area when he's not driving) and for his rubbery skirt, which has him levitating half an inch above the seat. However, I think there could be more leg room in there.

My chief complaint is that it's not wide enough, that clear plastic "stand" leg isn't removable, and the rubbery engines will some day crack and make me sad. It's still a really great vehicle though.

Taichi
04-25-2002, 06:41 PM
If we keep complaining, Hasbro will release figures that WILL fit in them....

that's how we got "Soft Goods" Episode I figures.....

Pity too, because I just checked out both Speeders, and both are really cool lookin (My favorite E2 vehicles.....I'm not big on the Jedi Starfighter, or Slave1)

LTBasker
04-25-2002, 06:41 PM
I plan on hopefully making a custom pilot Obi-Wan, and a hotrod Anakin and Obi-Wan. Maybe Duro's legs would be good to use? Maybe a repaint and a boot swap on the legs would be good.

JediTricks
04-25-2002, 07:06 PM
Taichi, funny you mention that, because I tried to wedge poor Soft Goods Obi-Wan into this ship, and it didn't work too well. However, I'll keep hoping for figures that work better with this Speeder while I fly it around my house. ;)

Mandalorian Candidat
04-25-2002, 07:32 PM
I bet EP1 Ani and EP2 Boba will fit well. Then again, maybe not. That Boba has his feet too far apart.