PDA

View Full Version : 501st

stillakid
04-25-2002, 12:14 PM
Just curious, how many people here are members or soon to be members of the 501st? How many people here have some kind of Star Wars costume (serious one, not the kiddie ones) or just an authentic (looking) mask?

JEDIpartner
04-25-2002, 12:22 PM
I have great Jedi gear! :)

I'm not on your "side"... but I thought I'd chime in! :D

sith_killer_99
04-25-2002, 12:30 PM
I am seriously considering a Jango costume. I have been visiting the 501st website and a few others.

stillakid
04-26-2002, 01:12 AM
Hmm. not too many. Not as many as I would have expected.

InsaneJediGirl
04-26-2002, 11:00 AM
I've been in the process of making a complete set of Jedi Robes for a while now and check out the Fighting 501st regularly.However,If I wanted to join something like that I would have to join Rouge Squadron on EzBoard.:D Because 501st doesnt accept Lightsiders.

Lobito
04-26-2002, 12:23 PM
I bought a Chewie mask that has awesome detail, the only things missing are the blue eyes...:cool:

DarthQuack
08-21-2005, 10:09 PM
Can anyone tell me how the hell you get into the 501st or even get a costume for it? Is it a secret society?

bobafrett
08-21-2005, 10:53 PM
I wasn't around when this thread was first posted. I am a member of the 501st. The only requirements are that you have a professional "movie accurate" as they put it, costume. You submit the photo of your "costume" and if approved, your in. We do a lot of charity work, and we are not allowed to make money off of our "appearances". We basically do it on a volunteer basis, and for our love of Star Wars. I have a Stormtrooper costume, and a Tusken Raider. I do stuff with the members in my area, when I can.

Does that help DQ?

Kidhuman
08-21-2005, 11:35 PM
Where did you get your uniform/costume?

kool-aid killer
08-22-2005, 11:10 AM
Im not a member, but i think it would be cool to have a Stormtrooper costume. I probably wouldnt wear it, id throw it on a mannequin instead.

And i second Kidhumans question. Where can somebody find these movie accurate costumes?

Umbra
08-22-2005, 12:04 PM
I recall reading most of the members make there own.

as for myself, I agree it would be spiffy to have a full stormtrooper set. I only have a Vader helmet.

bobafrett
08-22-2005, 05:19 PM
It does kick butt being able to walk around as an Imperial Stormtrooper. I've put on about 40 pounds since I finished building my armor, so I do more in my Tusken Raider outfit. A guy in the country of Peru, built my Tusken costume, and it fits really well. I had to send him my measurements, including the distance between my eyes.

The Stormtrooper armor someone made as a kit, then I assembled it and added sound. The boots I got from CA Boots, and they are listed as "Stormtrooper Boots".

Ji'dai
08-22-2005, 09:15 PM
I seriously considered buying some Stormtrooper armor on eBay five years ago but never took the plunge. You have to buy the boots and black bodysuit separately. I wasn't sure how often I'd wear it so I passed (I rarely wear SW t-shirts as it is). Back then, an armor kit run about $500.

I do have a Han Solo ANH vest and a Luke Bespin Jacket that I bought from the fan club years ago. I also have Stormtrooper, Royal Guard, Darth Vader, and Boba Fett helmets. The Royal Guard one is pretty nice looking; it's by Illusive Concepts.

CaptainSolo1138
08-22-2005, 10:07 PM
Last week I got into a "I need Stormtrooper armor NOW!" fit and did some research to see if I'll ever be able to buy any. I was surprised at how relatively cheap you can pick it up for. I "put together" an entire costume (the armor,the bodysuit, the boots, the internal and external mics for the helmet, and the ribbed neck thingie) for around a grand.

Rocketboy
08-22-2005, 10:24 PM
A quick google search turned this up.

How to:
http://www.studiocreations.com/howto/stormtrooper/

A link to email for a list of dealers (or Biker Scout armor):
http://www.studiocreations.com/howto/armorforsale.html

bobafrett
08-22-2005, 10:47 PM
Last week I got into a "I need Stormtrooper armor NOW!" fit and did some research to see if I'll ever be able to buy any. I was surprised at how relatively cheap you can pick it up for. I "put together" an entire costume (the armor,the bodysuit, the boots, the internal and external mics for the helmet, and the ribbed neck thingie) for around a grand. Yep, that's about what it has cost me so far. Worth every penny :thumbsup:

:love: Your Local Stormtrooper! :thumbsup:

http://www.skaught.com/501st/proofs/0523tk.jpg

And I'm a trading card too!

Battle Droid
08-23-2005, 01:07 AM
Speaking of the 501st.

From, http://theforce.net/latestnews/story/Cops_Called_on_Stormtrooper_94380.asp

Cops Called on Stormtrooper

Posted By Jeff on August 22, 2005

A 501st Legion trooper from the Midwest Garrison had the pleasure of meeting Janesville's finest during the JVL-CON this weekend in Janesville, WI. Someone decided that the guy dressed in white plastic was trying to rob the Ramada Inn and called the local police. According to the 501st, 2 squad cars and 4 officers greeted the trooper. The misunderstanding was soon cleared up and the trooper released.

Read more at http://gazetteextra.com/jvlcon082005.asp

bobafrett
08-23-2005, 05:17 PM
Great, probably someone I know!