PDA

View Full Version : DVD Questions

Jedi Learner
09-05-2001, 11:18 PM
Does anyone know if the new scenes included on the DVD are actually going to be integrated into the film (a la the Special Editions), or simply included in a special "cut scene" section? All the info I've read so far has been a little vague on this point. I think it would be really a slick feature if we had the option to watch the film with or without the new footage, but I doubt this is going to happen.

If the scenes are NOT included in the film, how many of you will still consider them canonical, rather than glimpses of "what might have been"? I'm sure everyone has differing viewpoints on this.

bigbarada
09-06-2001, 12:00 AM
The Star Wars site actually has images of the scenes that will be included, but from the look of them, the CG quality is sub-par with the theatrical release. Thus I don't think they will be integrated into the film.

As for the canon/non-canon issue, usually only US theatrical releases are considered canon, but even then it's a blurry line.

2-1B
09-06-2001, 02:29 AM
I've heard reports that the Coruscant taxi scene is actually cut back in, and the rest are stand alones. We'll see if this is accurate . . .

As for the canon issue, I really have no opinion. I can see how people will be disgusted by the Greedo scene (myself included) but the rest seem to be filler material, or things that we can assume "happened."

JediTricks
09-06-2001, 09:32 AM
I heard they were all in a stand-alone section. If that's the case, then they're not even "Special Edition" style additions. But, Lucas may think differently, from what I gather, none of them have any real impact on the story whatsoever anyway, so they MAY be considered canon by Lucas.

Lobito
09-14-2001, 03:55 PM
Considering the times it took to be released, my guess is that the DVD version will come with the new scenes version and the original version. Like in the Die Hard trilogy DVD. A hint may be that both belong to FOX. Lets hope they give us the chance to view it with or without the deleted scenes.

2-1B
02-19-2007, 08:44 PM
I wish they would have added into the movie the footage of Maul's probot gaining the drop on Jinn so as to explain his running with Anakin. As opposed to how it stands now that they are just.....running....:confused:

I guess they were trying to make up lost time from the podrace so they had to chop chop.

JimJamBonds
02-20-2007, 10:38 AM
I wish they would have added into the movie the footage of Maul's probot gaining the drop on Jinn so as to explain his running with Anakin. As opposed to how it stands now that they are just.....running....:confused:

I guess they were trying to make up lost time from the podrace so they had to chop chop.

I agree, it would have shown why they were running. Plus it would have only added maybe 30 seconds so what's the big deal?

CaptainSolo1138
02-20-2007, 11:15 AM
I guess they were trying to make up lost time from the podrace so they had to chop chop.I always assumed they were just in a hurry, which makes sense. The whole Maul Sith probe thing is kinda silly.

JimJamBonds
02-20-2007, 12:04 PM
The whole Maul Sith probe thing is kinda silly.

Then why are Quigers and Anners running?

CaptainSolo1138
02-20-2007, 12:54 PM
Because they need to get off planet ASAP to get the queen out of harm's way. The Hutts are gangstas afterall!

2-1B
02-20-2007, 07:22 PM
I always assumed they were just in a hurry, which makes sense. The whole Maul Sith probe thing is kinda silly.

Maybe...but not as silly as you.

CaptainSolo1138
02-20-2007, 08:35 PM
Maybe...but not as silly as you.Tee Hee.:kiss: