PDA

View Full Version : I got good news and I got bad news...

Warstar
04-25-2002, 02:40 PM
The bad news? I bought some Ep. II stuff. I know- I know- I shouldn't have but when I saw the Royal Guards, I broke down and bought 2...and then 1 Deluxe Fett to pilot the Slave I I bought (I LOVE the retooling on this thing!) then a couple of Preview Clone Troopers and Jango Fetts, then a Super Battle Droid...then the book, the soundtrack, Doorku's and Anakin's lightsaber AND the Jedi Starfighter AND...

You get the idea ;)

I scored 2 TIE Bombers and a Snowspeeder yesterday, too- thanks Wal-Mart! Took the TIE home, opened her up and was instantly in love :D Boo yah! They had plenty when I left yesterday, too.

Ok-

The GOOD news:

Since the new AF is all Target Exclusive and there is only 1 collector here in Bozeman, MT (I met him yesterday ;)), there is a good chance I can snag them for all if they end up being rare or tough to grab. Depending on how good the re-toolings are, I *MIGHT* go back down the AF vehicle road...MAYBE...MIGHT...who knows? ;) I hope they're decent though.

Anyway, as the product trickles out, keep me posted here and I will get what I can when I can for whom I can. I may be a bit player in the collecting world now that Episode 1 and POTJ is all done, but I'm not out of the show yet ;)

VT- Miss you man! The FX-7 fixing an Enterprise piccy's came out :) I'll print one up- gimme an address to send it to.

R2- Long time no talky- say, are the pics of all of us still on the web? If so, could ya' point me there?

Anyone I had deals with: warstar@pcisys.net before I forget :p

There ya go!

Ep. II is starting to get me warmed up a bit...heh.

On a weird note- was anyone else who REALLY liked MM's from Episode 1 kinda' psychologically damaged when they saw ACTION FIGURES on a BLUE card instead of MM's? Or was that just me? ;)

Hasta! :D

JediTricks
04-25-2002, 08:10 PM
There's no retooling on the Ep 2 Slave I, it's an entirely new design.

Not all the AF is a Target exclusive, only 4 battle packs.

This new blue packaging has none of the style or class of the Ep 1 MM packaging.

Warstar
04-26-2002, 01:46 AM
JT! How ya' doin' man! :D

Well, you know what I meant with the Slave 1- I like it better than the old one. But then, that statement is a paradox since this one was supposed to come before the old one- oh nevermind...

Anyway, Ah. It's a good chance those Target packs will be there and hang here for a while.

AND all of the TIE Bombers at Wal-Mart that were there are gone now! O_O!!! I bought one and put one on layaway, as I have wanted 2 since I heard about them. Glad I did. There were 3 Snowspeeders left tonight...

And I agree, JT. The packaging is not as good.

AND I am SO out of the loop here. I had no idea Target's Episode II soundtrack had a 14th track until TODAY- after I already bought the 13 track version...dammit >_<!

Anything else I should watch out for? (Like this whole insert/non-insert thing???)

vulcantouch
04-26-2002, 11:48 AM
dee2: pleez pleez let ws email you pix so you can post em on teatime page (http://twinsuntimes.com/toyforce/vttime.htm)? that'd make for superconvenient viewing, esp since i don't maintain any webpages :D
as indicated on huntthred, i thought the preview clones had dopey poses & weathering so i waited for the red-accented one :) ditto preview & deluxe jango, from what i can see i much prefer regular version :) anyone know if babyboba's jetpack is significantly diff from jango's? if so plz enumerate diffs for me, i'm tryina decide if i should bother w/babyboba's pack :)
assuming i can't score one down here, if snowsp goes on sale later, maybe pick me up one? cuz tokyo joe would want figure(s) (is luke a new sculpt or just dack?), and b'jr would take the leftover snowsp :) btw, does tiebomber have an exclusive figure or is it virtually same as a previous figure (as with tie int's pilot)?
actually i think this blue ep2 packaging's a-ok, i like its wispy abstract background & all; i just wish some had mms inside :frus:
vt

LTBasker
04-26-2002, 01:23 PM
I do believe Boba's jetpack is the exact same as the Preview Jango however the blasters that the preview Jango comes with are less detailed than the Boba blasters but like the preview Jango, Boba's blasters can hold the blast effects.

r2dee2
04-26-2002, 03:40 PM
WS, you can still see some of our VTtime pics here....
http://twinsuntimes.com/toyforce/vttime.htm.
VT, I think what WS was asking was where the "old" pics were, but if there are some new ones, do let me know, but it will be awhile before I can do anything with them....new computer and haven't transferred FTP program to update my web page....and I am temporarily using a slow speed computer and uploading will take forever, until the high speed finally gets connected.

WS....sorry to hear your plight:).....HAVING to buy all those toys!!

If you want variations, check out SSG front page...loads of variations on the figures....stickers, inserts, R2's leg, Anakin bubble for blaster, Padme's "beauty mark" and the like.

I got the Target soundtrack, but wasn't ALL that excited about track 14....still, it's SW:)

r2dee2
04-26-2002, 03:43 PM
hmmmm...link doesn't work...
try http://twinsuntimes.com/toyforce/main.htm and check out the directory for Forum Force.

Warstar
05-03-2002, 12:22 PM
I shall attempt to make a print of the FX-7 piccy and snail mail it to you- or find a scanner.

Otherwise, yeah, R2- it was heck to suffer through buying those toys. *Sniffle* I am so emotionally distraught now :D I can't find the piccys of us on that link, btw...I looked around?

r2dee2
05-03-2002, 11:22 PM
WS.....in my Directory (http://twinsuntimes.com/toyforce/directory.htm) under FORUM FORCE check out Forumers and VTTime. You should find the pics there.

Grif
05-04-2002, 10:49 AM
Thank goodness not all the AF are Target Exclusives! The nearest Target we have is about 50 miles.

vulcantouch
05-08-2002, 12:34 AM
. . . is preview jangopack and bobababy pack the same as the pack included with the standard-issue jango (that's the one i'll be focusing on)? i mean, aside from them lil red exhausts comin out its nozzles? btw are those exhausts detachable from the nozzles?
meanwhile i just sealed your pkg all ready for launch :) jt's is also about ready, now i just gotta finish jdah's, swaffy's, bc3's, gsj's and, and. . . who'm i forgetting? jedigoofy? darthcarlos? oh that's right, i Can't send Their pkgs yet cuz They Haven't Bothered To Be In Touch :sur: :p
dee2, ws: i'll leave it in y'alls capable hands to ensure that eventually we'll all get to view latest teapix on dee2's website :D
vt

darthcarlos
05-08-2002, 03:12 AM
VT

I'm still here. I've been posting on different threads. What are you sending out to forummers? I got those Episde I MM packs available now. This is what I have, 2 of each XI, XII, and XIII. Let me know what there is to trade? I'm still interested in Epic packs 4-6 if possible. Some Action Fleet vehicles sound good too.

Thanks

Darth Carlos

"Think Big, play small".....MICROMACHINES

JediTricks
05-08-2002, 05:59 AM
Standard Jango (aka Jango Kamino) has a different jetpack from Preview Jango and Baby Boba. Jango Kamino's jetpack is the same one from POTJ 300th Boba Fett with the alternate spring-fired missile, and no blast-effect pegs on the jet nozzles.

vulcantouch
05-08-2002, 12:08 PM
i.e. is the sculpt significantly different? the paintjob? and do them exhausts come off? :)
dc: see huntpost 202 (http://sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=65086#post65086) & we'll go from there :) we'd be interested in any ships from packs 7-12- & maybe ar2 might want some #13 figures? he lives in denver area so if he is interested in them, to make things simpler i'm willing to handle delivery arrangements, (you'd be able to bundle both ships and figs in 1 shipment 2me :)
ws: guess you haven't been keepin up with huntreports but, local scalper had 2 o-o-p corusguards 2 for $5, lmk if interested :)
vt

Warstar
05-08-2002, 09:53 PM
Thanks R2- glad to know those pics haven't been lost- esp. since I no longer have long hair :p

*Got the Lego bug again* Grrr...

Just won 2 TRU TIE Interceptors on Ebay for a total of $51.00 each- including shipping. Bah. I wish I had seen these things in the stores, but there are no TRU's here in Bozeman (though I hear there's one in Billings...)

Anyway, still on the prowl...

^_^

JediTricks
05-10-2002, 12:10 AM
Significantly different? Probably not. Depends on your point of view, they're both representations of the same jetpack, but there are a few differences between them. One thing I forgot to mention is that the Kamino figure's jetpack is fatter because it has that spring in it.

The blasts are removable.