PDA

View Full Version : Vader's "Home"

JEDIpartner
08-16-2001, 10:43 AM
Very cool artwork posted on Vader's "home". I would love to see such a volatile environment re-created for the big screen. The only thing is... I don't feel that the story arc would put him at such a place. Any thoughts? (spoiler posts posted at the other E3 forum)

Rollo Tomassi
08-18-2001, 12:42 PM
If the guy fell into molten lava and was horribly disfigured by molten lava would he REALLY feng-shui his pad with molten lava?

GNT
08-19-2001, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
If the guy fell into molten lava and was horribly disfigured by molten lava would he REALLY feng-shui his pad with molten lava?

He might :)

Eternal Padawan
08-19-2001, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by GNT

He might :)

He might not.:rolleyes:

Lobito
10-01-2001, 06:04 PM
When was Vader's home info out?? In a book or where??:confused:

Co Jo-Da
10-20-2001, 02:27 AM
I agree that if Vader had a Camp David, it would be like this massive castle, steel black with evil gargoyles all over the place with a thick/deep moot of melten lava. But I don't even imagen Vader taking a vaction, he said it him-self in Episode I:"I want to be the first one to see them all." I know that it's a liitle boy saying this but it stands out.

Eternal Padawan
10-22-2001, 03:36 PM
Vader doesn't seem the flamboyant type to have a great big black steel castle or anything. he probably has a little bungalow or tiny apartment in the Imperial Palace. he seems to single minded in the destruction of the rebel alliance to worry about carpet colors or if the drapes match the sofa.

Co Jo-Da
11-01-2001, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
Vader doesn't seem the flamboyant type to have a great big black steel castle or anything.

Vader may not but it would still be cool to see something like it in the Star Wars Universe, you never know maybe the Palpatine could have a hideaway and he is flambotant enough for it.

JediTricks
11-02-2001, 12:03 AM
I think if anybody in the prequels would have a cool, evil, ostentatious fortress stronghold like this, I'd think it'd be Grand Moff Tarkin. That'd be so friggin' awesome, Governor Tarkin's black castle would be way cooler than just a Vader house IMO.

Co Jo-Da
11-07-2001, 02:40 AM
Regaurdless of whom it might belong to, it would verg cool to see a dark and evil castle in the Star Wars galaxy...

Eternal Padawan
11-07-2001, 09:50 AM
We've already got one. In the EP 2 trailer,

EP 2 MINOR SPOILER

when Flash Gordon's ship flies down thru the canyon, in the background there's an evil, menacing, looking castle with creepy, evil spires and what not. Just imagine it at night, OOH!:eek: Scary!

(mod note - Please be careful of spoilers, even if they're from the trailer, in non-spoiler sections - JT)

JediTricks
11-07-2001, 09:58 AM
As for spoilers, we have to be very conservative about such things here on the forums, even the little stuff can impact non-spoiler folks.

As for said
EP 2 MINOR SPOILER

I don't think that desert place fits the bill for the Tarkin/Vader "black steel castle". I kinda think that thing from the teaser is more like the Tatooine Bowl-a-Rama. ;)

Rollo Tomassi
11-26-2001, 03:41 PM
Anybody else find it humorous that the ONLY thread in the Episode III no Spoiler section is about vader's pad? That's funny...

Jargo
12-21-2001, 08:55 PM
Lobito, the pic of vaders pad was from the art of return of the jedi if I'm not mistaken (which I probably am) I don't have that book as my copy was lost in the star wars wilderness years :( But if I can remember where I put the link I'll direct you to a Ralph McQuarrie art site that probably has the picture.

Vader would surely prefer a technological home with plenty of medical facilities to care for his many needs. As a walking iron lung he needs some maintenace surely? That suit must eat batteries/power cells. he'd need some kind of power source or re-charger.

Okay that's a silly thought, but you see my point?

I agree with JT about tarkin having a big gothic looking stronghold. Tarkin is the ostentatious one with grand designs and ambitions. Vader just does his thing and serves the Emperor. I think that's why he's such a great character, he has his personality stolen when he is placed in that suit. He loses his humanity and therefore that cold technological home sounds more appropriate to him. cold metal outside and cold metal inside.
It would give the tragedy of his downfall more weight if his surroundings are simply stark as opposed to some grandiose palace of evil delights.

Rollo Tomassi
12-22-2001, 11:44 AM
I imagine Vader just has meditation chambers stashed here and there and that's pretty much his living space. They all look the same on the inside, so he can scurry in their like a squirrel and hang out where ever he is homesick.:p

Darth Evil
12-31-2001, 02:16 PM
Vader must have a huge pad, he must have enough money to buy a whole planet! :crazed:

Jargo
01-04-2002, 07:47 PM
Wonder what the salary of an evil Sith Lord is? think they award themselves bonuses? Maybe an executive speeder or two with parking spaces reserved solely for their use? Or maybe being totally given to the dark side they just park wherever the heck they want to........

That's being silly isn't it? :crazed:

I don't think Sith Lords get money for doing what they do. They just get paid in evil satisfaction. They take what they want when they want it. God, wish I was a Sith lord.... :(

mabudonicus
01-18-2002, 12:13 AM
Aww, c'mon, they get MAD money, no doubt. Look at how sharp those TIE pilots (Vaders of course)in ANH were- they wouldn't snap-to like that if Vader wasn't footing a pretty sweet bill.