PDA

View Full Version : Rumored REBEL OFFICER???

JediIan
04-25-2002, 03:34 PM
What is the deal with this rumor about Rebel Officer, i saw it up for preorder w/ some other Saga stuff, dont remember the site, first heard about it from another thread. can anyone either confirm or deny this thing?

Lord Tenebrous
04-25-2002, 03:41 PM
It's a confirmed figure based on tested-and-true lists, but the identity is not confirmed. I don't think anybody but Hasbro knows the identity.

It might be a well-known character, Dodonna, Madine, or Riekken. Or it could be generic, like the Imperial Officer.

I remember several people saying that the new cantina alien was Hem Dazon, and that was wrong. It's fun to speculate, just don't spread rumors. :)

Beast
04-25-2002, 03:52 PM
Well, the original Hasbro lists that I saw, said it was a ANH Rebel Officer, which meant either Dodonna or Captain Antillies. The latest lists don't have which movie it is from any longer, but from everything I have heard, it now appears that it will be Madine. I think Hasbro got sick of people asking for him. While I would have prefered Dodonna, I'll take Madine anyday. Just so I can stand him with Ackbar and Mon Mothma. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediIan
04-25-2002, 04:01 PM
wasnt trying to spread rumors, i just wanted that cleared up. and thank you for that

Jargo
04-25-2002, 04:55 PM
I think people are assuming that it's Madine because he's what most people want. The listing on the online stores sites is prone to be just as innaccurate as rumours abounding on message boards.

At any rate, the most popular speculations say it's either Rieeken or Madine. I personally would prefer captain Antilles to go with my rebel fleet troopers. And considering how badly LFL want to give Vader the big up right now a character that Vader is really really nasty to would seem fitting in the hyping of his character. Just my two cents worth and not an attempt at spreading a rumour or attempting to spread an affirmation. It would be really cool in the 25th anniversary year though to get a Captain Antilles. With neck snapping action....... :D

Beast
04-25-2002, 05:06 PM
Antillies would be cool, but next year when the Deluxe line goes back to less toyetic would be cool. A deluxe Vader w/ Captain Antillies would be cool. What would be really neat if they would take a page from the Simpsons toys, and do little mini scenes with sound effects in the bases. It would be like Cinama Scenes 2.0

A Darth Vader, Captain Antllies, and Stormtrooper 3 pack with the lines from that scene of the movie would be very cool. I can think of plenty of little sets like that that would sell great to collectors. Next year would be great to try something like this. Now only if Hasbro would think of the same thing. :D

MTFWBY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

evenflow
04-25-2002, 05:27 PM
I like it to be Madine. I am all about Hasbro redoing all thevintage figures.

RooJay
04-25-2002, 08:24 PM
Strange, ever since I first heard of this figure I was under the impression that he would be a generic Rebel Officer. I could've sworn that this guy was said to be coming out as a pack-in in an accessory set, and that all the figures that were coming in these sets (I recall hearing there would be a Rebel set, Death Star set, Hoth set, Endor set, and Cantina set, but I could be mistaken.)were supposed to be generic characters

Lord Tenebrous
04-25-2002, 08:35 PM
You're thinking about the Target accessory sets:

Endor w/ Scout Trooper
Death Star w/ DS Trooper
Hoth w/ Hoth Soldier
Arena w/ Battle Droid

The cantina sets are four figures (Greedo, Momaw, Ponda, or Kit...Grass Skirt Mantis...) with background pieces.

RooJay
04-26-2002, 12:34 AM
...but this thread is about the rumored rebel officer, not the cantina aliens sets which I already knew about.

Obi-Dan Kenobi
04-26-2002, 02:01 AM
I've been hoping this would be Dodonna or Rieeken, but today on the official site, in the Cargo Bay area, they have a picture of the Endor Rebel Soldier in the listing for the Rebel Officer! Now, they also have a seperate listing for a Endor Rebel Soldier two-pack, so I'm hoping this is just a screw-up. If not, I'll be a little annoyed.

And I think Tenebrous is right, Roo-Jay. There is a Hoth Soldier coming out in the accessory set assortment, but the figure we're talking about is a regular carded figure.

BoShek
04-26-2002, 12:21 PM
Accessory set? I have never heard of it! Please give me the details: who, when, where, how much and any pics!

bobafett07728
04-26-2002, 12:55 PM
I doubt it will be Rieeken, being that he was a candidate for one of the recent Fan's Choice figures, and didn't get an impressive amount of votes. I would like to see him though, they need to do Dodanna, Madine, and Rieeken, but let's keep our fingers crossed.

Jargo
04-26-2002, 01:53 PM
Death star accessory set with Death star trooper
Endor accessory set with Scout trooper
Hoth invasion accessory set with Hoth rebel soldier
Jedi arena accessory set with Battle droid

release dates - who knows. Pictures - nothing yet.