PDA

View Full Version : Will the republic gunship have a pack in figure?

Sith Vicious
04-25-2002, 06:26 PM
I know the one they had at toyfair didn't, but it's still a while before it's supposed to come out and I was reading in the cross sections book that the yellow striped clonetroopers are actually pilots. Seems like a good opportunity to release the yellow clonetrooper as a pack in, since they only have to repaint the existing mold.

LTBasker
04-25-2002, 06:28 PM
Most likely it won't. I wish it did as I would prefer them to release pack-in figures instead of having to wait to buy them individually and worrying about them not even fitting correctly or having the right gear.

Dryanta
04-25-2002, 06:29 PM
I don't know if there is one planned or not.I like the idea of the yellow pack in.Good Idea!

DarthMaulSithLord
04-26-2002, 11:09 AM
Same here! I'd also like to see some electronics. Not much, just some fly-by and laser sounds with lights.

:)

pthfnder89
04-26-2002, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by DarthMaulSithLord
Same here! I'd also like to see some electronics. Not much, just some fly-by and laser sounds with lights.

I've never been too in to the electronics. If it's done well, like the Royal Starship or PFX X-wing then it can be really cool. But I would rather the vehicle be priced cheaper and they leave out the lights and sounds.

I'm kind of spilt about the pack-in figure also. I really do want them to add a Clone Pilot. But on the other hand, most of Hasbros pack-ins are AWFUL. Carbon Freeze Chamber, EU Snowspeeder, Y-wing. The ration of good pack-ins to bad is about 7-1. So I just can't really get myself excited about a pilot Clone pack-in.:(

Dryanta
04-26-2002, 11:33 AM
I agree whole heartedly pthfnder89.The pack ins have been bad.But maybe they would get this one right.I ship that size and cost should come with a decent figure.But then again look at the upcoming shuttle.Rumor is there is no pack ins either.

Wonderboy
04-26-2002, 11:48 AM
Do we have a release date on the Republic Gunship? I can't wait to get my hands on that! It's the best SW ship EVER in my opinion!

Dryanta
04-26-2002, 11:50 AM
sometime this fall Is all I've heard.

pthfnder89
04-26-2002, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Wonderboy
Do we have a release date on the Republic Gunship? I can't wait to get my hands on that! It's the best SW ship EVER in my opinion!

It is coming out this fall. I believe Hasbro mentioned it being "around October" but considering how far away that is any number of things could cause the date to change.

Battle Droid
04-26-2002, 07:19 PM
I hope it's packed with the Medic Droid (it's surpose to look like the Interogation Droid from A New Hope)

DarthMaulSithLord
04-28-2002, 08:21 AM
I'd rather have no ship at all if it doesn't have electronics. I'd be better off buying a model kit then.

Taichi
04-28-2002, 01:01 PM
Hmm, I really like some of the pack-ins.....

the A-Wing Pilot is cool......and so is the Exclusive Wedge Antilles.....

sure, some of 'em can rot, but where else are ya gonna find General Veers???