PDA

View Full Version : Are You Going To Buy The EP1 DVD???

GNT
09-06-2001, 03:12 AM
First off the Official Site has updated with a few new Databank entries that feature shots from the cutscenes on the upcoming Episode I DVD. To check that out click the following link:
http://www.starwars.com/databank/news/2001/09/news20010905.html

And theforce.net had some other things that will be in the DVD release.

So the question is,are you going to buy the EP1 DVD release???

Thoughts?

AmanaMatt
09-06-2001, 04:35 AM
heck yes - I'm not overly impressed with the pics the official website displayed, though.

master jedi
09-06-2001, 11:01 AM
I've been wanting it to come out on DVD for a long time so yeah I'll buy it.

evenflow
09-06-2001, 11:28 AM
I shall be purchasing it. :)

The 'Xir
09-06-2001, 10:46 PM
I reserved my copy about a week/week and a half ago!

Darth Cruel
09-07-2001, 01:18 AM
As a Tatooine slave...I have no choice but to buy it.:)

2-1B
09-07-2001, 01:31 AM
Yes

GNT
09-07-2001, 04:39 AM
I might? D

Starfig873
09-07-2001, 07:57 AM
You better believe it! I bought my DVD just for Ep.I. Course while waiting I've enjoyed buying many other DVDs, heh heh, I love DVD they're fun! :D

bigbarada
09-07-2001, 09:57 AM
I've already bought it from Amazon.com, I'm just waiting for it to arrive. Now I just need to buy a DVD player.

JEDIpartner
09-07-2001, 10:40 AM
My fellow padawan Derek was so sick of hearing me talk about it, so he ordered it for me about a month ago for my birthday. He said, "Not another word about this until it arrives on your dorrstep in October. Got it???"

Sooooo... I didn't have to buy it, but I'm definitely getting it!!! :D

AEP
09-07-2001, 11:51 PM
I don't personally own a DVD player, but would probably rent and watch it with friends...IF the "added scenes" aren't all a bunch of podracer crap. Arrrgh. They had better put back in scenes like Anakin beating up the little green guy and other things that actually add to the CHARACTERS and STORY...

GNT
09-08-2001, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by AEP
They had better put back in scenes like Anakin beating up the little green guy and other things that actually add to the CHARACTERS and STORY...

The force.net reported that,that scene will be in it,but will have to wait to be sure!?

2-1B
09-08-2001, 02:14 AM
I'm a documentary junkie, so I am probably more excited for the "behind the scenes" segments than anything else.

Rollo Tomassi
09-08-2001, 11:20 AM
First off...Duh. of course I will buy it, with 400+ DVDs, I believe I am the SSG DVD King...

Second, just out of curiosity, what does AEP stand for???

I'm with Caesar in being excited for "Documentaries" on the film. I've grown past actually enjoying the films thenselves (although I still enjoy them) and see them more as touchstones for the EU or finding more about how they were made (what went into the creative process) so Behind the scenes stuff and books dealing with schematics and maps are really exciting to me. I think Jargo once said he knew so much about how the films were made that he had deconstructed them past enjoyment, and only watched them to glimpse another obscure alien or try to figure out where a certain T-16 was stored. I'm getting to that point myself. Seeing those "deleted" scenes will be cool. Once they become available, who is going to consider them "canon" for purposes of discussion like the lost "Anchorhead" scenes? I probably will.

2-1B
09-08-2001, 08:21 PM
Rollo Tomassi, can I ask a trivial question regarding your DVD collection? Do you count them as 400 titles, or actual discs? I only ask because by counting every disc I have, it's around 250. I have several 2disc sets (Hannibal, Se7en, Glory and such) that contain so many extras that it feels justified.

Not that it matters or anything, I'm just curious as to how other collector's embrace their collections. There seem to be alot of DVD fans here, and I have a few other questions I might pose in general threads.

AEP
09-09-2001, 07:09 AM
Rollo, ha, it stands for my old forum ID being 'AP' but the new forums won't accept a two-letter ID...so an extra one gets thrown in. :)

Eternal Padawan
09-09-2001, 10:32 AM
It could stand for A nother E ternal P adawan.

Eternal Padawan
09-09-2001, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Caesar
Rollo Tomassi, can I ask a trivial question regarding your DVD collection? Do you count them as 400 titles, or actual discs? I only ask because by counting every disc I have, it's around 250. I have several 2disc sets (Hannibal, Se7en, Glory and such) that contain so many extras that it feels justified.

As a close personal friend of Rollo, ;) I know it refers to the number of titles. The man does nothing except spend money on DVDs and Star Wars...

2-1B
09-10-2001, 12:07 AM
Cool - even 4 disc sets like The Sopranos Season 1?

GNT
09-10-2001, 04:27 AM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
First off...Duh. of course I will buy it, with 400+ DVDs, I believe I am the SSG DVD King...

You might be the SSG DVD King but you ain't "The DVD King"

Lobito
09-14-2001, 03:58 PM
Of course i'm going to buy it. Yessssss!!!!!:D

master jedi
09-14-2001, 11:14 PM
over 400 DVDs?!? Wow. that must have cost an arm and a leg.
Who even wants over 400 DVD's? I probably don't even like over 100 movies that are worthy enough of me to buy on dvd. Rent maybe but not buy.

GNT
09-15-2001, 01:05 AM
Rollo Tomassi is a DVDaholic ;)

master jedi
09-15-2001, 09:19 PM
There is so much more you could do with that money like buying Star Wars stuff.

Fulit
09-15-2001, 09:55 PM
yep, I'm buying it. I've been looking forward to the cut scenes.

Rollo Tomassi
09-16-2001, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by GNT

You might be the SSG DVD King but you ain't "The DVD King"

What's that supposed to mean?

And how do you "quote" more than one person at a time? I haven't figured that trick out yet...

master jedi, I have enough money to support both habits, but hardly enough for anything else. Plus, I never pay for theatrical releases because I work in a theatre, so the cost of the movie I don't pay for plus the cost of the rental is the same as simply buying the disc in my mind. If the movie sucks then they never get ANY of my money, but if it's good, I'll just buy it. Besides, I hate rental places...Blockbuster is the work of the devil.:mad: No matter when you bring the rental back, you "miraculously " get charged the $5 late fee. Well, screw that, my friend. I just don't rent anymore. I buy it or I wait for it to hit HBO...

GNT
09-16-2001, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by master jedi
There is so much more you could do with that money like buying Star Wars stuff.

Buy Vintage Stuff! :)

What's that supposed to mean?

It means he (probably) has the most DVDs here on SSG but there are people out there with even more!

And how do you "quote" more than one person at a time? I haven't figured that trick out yet...

When your replying to a message (where you type it up), if you look under the "COLOR" pull down part there is a box that says "Quote" just click that and put in the message you want to quote,so simple :)

JEDIpartner
09-17-2001, 02:12 PM
The more I read about the extra features, the more I can't wait to get this bad boy!! I hope that it doesn't take the USPS too long to get my order to me!!! That's the only crummy part about my friend having ordered it for me as a birthday present. I won't get it the day it comes out!!!

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

GNT
09-18-2001, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
The more I read about the extra features, the more I can't wait to get this bad boy!!

I can't wait either! In under 30 days under I'll have it,hopefully!

Jargo
09-22-2001, 09:36 PM
I'm buying it from curiosity about the added footage and the hidden extras/easter eggs. I'm actually only looking forward to the rumoured gag reel of foul ups and out takes. I probably won't bother to watch the film for a while until someone else wants me to like my non star wars fan brother who just has to see those ANH stormtrooper scenes time and time again :rolleyes: He'll watch it for Natalie Portatoman. I'll be watching for Diva Funquita...HUBBA HUBBA! fat chicks all the way....! :D

GNT
09-23-2001, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
I'll be watching for Diva Funquita...HUBBA HUBBA! fat chicks all the way....! :D

Fat chicks get all the action :) :rolleyes: :D

Starfig873
09-23-2001, 10:53 AM
Ermmm-hmmm...alright. :D

Episode 1 DVD is looking to be a pretty nifty little set! Can't wait.

El Chuxter
09-25-2001, 05:30 PM
Like so many others, I bought my DVD for Star Wars--then found out it wasn't available. I'll be one of the first in line for this bad boy.

Rollo, I know what you mean about rentals. Blockbuster and Hollywood have pretty much run everyone else out of business, and they only offer the "bargain" of long rental periods. If I could rent one for a night for less, I would, but typically I find myself thinking, "Okay, I've heard this is good from several people. Do I rent it for $5 or buy it for $10?"

GNT
10-16-2001, 04:17 AM
Originally posted by the great GNT
Are You Going To Buy The EP1 DVD???

Are You?

2-1B
02-19-2007, 08:59 PM
I'd be curious to find out how many people bought the DVD even though they hated the movie.

Kind of like me with the Droids and Ewoks DVDs as well as the Holiday Special DVD that I would buy if they released it.

Slicker
02-19-2007, 09:05 PM
I bought a Holiday Special DVD off eBay...

I even bought AOTC on DVD.

JimJamBonds
02-20-2007, 01:10 AM
Yup I got it on DVD (along with two copies on VHS). I'm a sucker so I'll pick it up again when the entire saga comes out on dvd.