PDA

View Full Version : Missing Saber Blades???

Taichi
04-25-2002, 08:51 PM
I saw a Kit Fisto, and a Luminara Unduli today, and neither one of them had a saber blade.....

I examined the package, to see if somebody had simply stolen them....but there was no evidence whatsoever of anybody doing anything to the package......

I even looked at all angles of the package to see if the blade had 'fallen out' and was loose in the bubble, but it wasn't there....

is this common with the new removable blade sabers?

if not, I'm sure some speculeech will get his mitts on it and try to sell it for thirty bucks on ebay.....

"RARE KIT FISTO, WITHOUT BLADE....LIMITED VARIANT"

S&H is $10 anywhere in the continental United States, and to Guam, Portugal, and the Phillipines......

god, I hate SpecuLeeches

Lord Tenebrous
04-25-2002, 09:01 PM
There are millions of these things churned out, so it's statistically inevitable for lots of errors to occur. Unfortunately, some people consider error to be profitable. I consider it incomplete, and therefore not worth buying.

Would you buy a computer with missing parts? Food with missing lids and labels? I only pay for good product.

pthfnder89
04-25-2002, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
There are millions of these things churned out, so it's statistically inevitable for lots of errors to occur. Unfortunately, some people consider error to be profitable. I consider it incomplete, and therefore not worth buying.

Would you buy a computer with missing parts? Food with missing lids and labels? I only pay for good product.

Exactly, that's how I feel. But Taichi is right. I guarantee that within two weeks someone idiot on Ebay will be trying to hock a Jedi figure with a missing lightsaber blade, and the auction will have *RARE* *LIMITED EDITION* *VARIANT* and other lies plastered all over it in big blinking letters.

therock0603
04-25-2002, 10:00 PM
Yeah, even the great Star Wars collector Steve Sansweet has said that error is error, and they shouldn't be worth anything. Only things as widespread as the Yoda with no Episode I logo on the package are considered true variations, and then the correction was made but was rarer and more valuable then the original errored packaging.

mikw
04-26-2002, 12:58 AM
You know I disagree, I think it is okay to collect variants like that if it is interesting to you. It doesn't matter what the street value if you like it buy it. I personally bought a SOTE Leia and the package has two helmets inside. It is one of my favorite pieces, beside my Obi Wan 12-back unpunched in C-95 condition.

So I say, go for it!

CrossWizard
04-26-2002, 07:43 AM
I saw a Kit Fisto, and a Luminara Unduli today, and neither one of them had a saber blade.....

I saw one too, in fact during the frenzy to pick out my figures I picked out one that didnt have the saber, and threw him in my cart without noticing, then while at the register I started checking them out just to kill time and I noticed mine didnt have a lightsaber, just the metal hilt. I was ticked off since I couldnt get off line or come back for another run after paying for my stuff, but a guy offered to give me his Kit Fisto in exchange for mine, I said hell yeah since I dont care about these errors and variations, I just want a complete figure.

On topic, I remember when the POTJ Dirty Scout Trooper wave hit my local Walmart and I picked up 3 for army buliding, when I got home my friend pointed out to me that one of them didnt have his blaster, not even in the bubble, so he told me to put it up on Ebay to see what happened but I didnt want to since I didnt think it was such a big deal or rarity, plus I wanted the figure regardless of his error, I could always give him another weapon or blaster, but my friend kept pushing un til I did it. I expected it to go for probably $6-$7 since people were more intrested in the regular non Dirty version, but withing a day, I was shocked to see it was already at $27. When the auction ended 3 days later the final bid was $43.77, I guess some people are really into collecting these sort of errors.

Taichi
04-26-2002, 08:51 AM
Hmm....

normally, I'd be angry that you put it on ebay.....

but the way I see it, if you post it, and someone out there's dumb enough to pay for it.....then that's your business.....

but to advertise it as a "RARE LIMITED COLLECTIBLE" that's just wrong......or and "ERROR" or any other thing other than a legitimate variation........

CrossWizard
04-26-2002, 09:49 AM
Nah, if my memory serves me correct I only put "POTJ Dirty Scout Trooper" and in the description I said that if you notice the pic, he's missing his blaster accessory. And I started the bid at $1, cause I wasnt really looking to make a profit, except maybe for the $6.99 I payed for it.

Croaker
04-26-2002, 11:47 AM
I think that we need an accessory pack - mostly metal sabre handles and different colour blades.
My lightsabre for anakin - hangar (or final duel or whatever he's called) got broken taking it out of the packaging.
The green one broke off, with the little insert part still in the sabre handle.
I must say that I do like the metal lightsabre handles though.

Jpalisi
04-26-2002, 04:26 PM
i opened 2 of those anakin(duels) and their right arms fell off on their own, but they had dented packages,

sith_killer_99
04-26-2002, 05:31 PM
I saw a few of these, one or two even had the saber in the pkg, just rolling around in the bottom.

POOR quality control!

Jpalisi
04-26-2002, 07:01 PM
i dont know if its just my area but i decided to open a super battle droid, cause i wanted to see it's exploding action, now the little bugger wont go back together.
does anyone have a similar prob?
Jacen

Sith Vicious
04-27-2002, 10:40 PM
I got a red clonetrooper which had the post on the tripod gun broken off when I opened the package. Luckily, I was able to exchange it for the last one they had left in the store. At Hasbro, quality is definitely job #56.