PDA

View Full Version : What is this Red Clone Trooper???

DarthMaulSithLord
04-25-2002, 09:17 PM
Is he a commander or something? And how many more colour variants are there? Green? Blue? Pink?

:confused:

Lord Tenebrous
04-25-2002, 09:23 PM
The rank-colors are still hazy, but there are red, blue, yellow, and possibly green variations.

The KayBee exclusive 12" Clone Troopers should shed more light on this.

DarthMaulSithLord
04-25-2002, 09:41 PM
So it isn't even clear what ranks these hold at the time?

:)

Sith Vicious
04-25-2002, 09:54 PM
The cross-sections book says the yellow ones are pilots.

Lord Tenebrous
04-25-2002, 09:54 PM
There are theories, of course. I like Jar Jar's breakdown:

White: Basic Troops
Red: Ranking Officer/Specilized Trooper
Yellow: Commander
Blue: Pilot
Green: Field Medic

Green might just be poor picture quality, and there are medic droids. Which I hope appears with a future clone trooper variation.

I don't know about the yellow being pilots. There are too many sources showing yellow troopers leading squads.

Sean the Hutt
04-25-2002, 10:37 PM
some guy said he found a black striped variation, but I did not actually see it.

CooLJoE
04-25-2002, 11:34 PM
Yes, yellow is commander. The 12" yellow clone trooper is called a commander. Can't remember where I saw it, but I think it was on SW.com

Mandalorian Candidat
04-26-2002, 12:53 AM
A green one? Medic? Naaah. They're not going to care if a clone gets jacked up. They'll just reproduce some more of that good old DNA and make another one. :)

If other's get made, I hope they are in the same vein as the Red one. That one's the best figure released so far in this line.

Beast
04-26-2002, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
A green one? Medic? Naaah. They're not going to care if a clone gets jacked up. They'll just reproduce some more of that good old DNA and make another one. :)

If other's get made, I hope they are in the same vein as the Red one. That one's the best figure released so far in this line.
There was a big discussion about that in another forum. They can't just whip up another one like that. 10 years to grow a clone to adulthood. In that time they have to be taught and trained. In the visual dictionary it talks about them being a precious and expensive resource to manufactur. They are not just going to let them die if at all possible. So they would need medics, and medic droids to keep the clones going.

The reason I suspect Blue = Pilot, is because it matches the Battle Droid colors. Also, the Blue one doesn't appear to have a fin ontop of his head. The fin houses the antenna/transmitter that allows the clones to keep in contact and send information to each other. The Blue ones being pilots, wouldn't need that as they don't leave the gunships or other vehicles.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
04-26-2002, 01:31 AM
Or as I theorized earlier, the blue could be the medics while the green were pilots. Because since the fins are styled after the Kaminoians (sp?) the females don't have them so since they appear to be treated differently than males (compare the costumes) then possibly the females could be stuck with the nursing and the blue being medics would have their helmets without fins to represent the nurses of the Kaminoians from them having no fin while green could be pilot even with a fin because if it the fin does house an array for communications and such the pilot would use that to stay in touch with ground commanders and be able to have more armor function for special flights. 'Course we haven't seen a helmeted green clone yet so we have no idea if he has a fin or not so it's just a toss-up right now.

JediBoulton
04-26-2002, 10:41 AM
I still hav not seen anything on a 12" "RED" clonetrooper -- is there a sight that talks about him. Also, the only troops that I have gotten are the preview figure (WHITE??) and the one with the regular bunch(RED??) -- are there going to be more ??

Wonderboy
04-26-2002, 11:58 AM
Red: Field Commander
Yellow: Commander
Blue: Pilot
Green: Medic
White: Trooper

If you watch the "across the stars" video...yellows are leading squads, not flying ships.

Megs 2
04-26-2002, 12:32 PM
12" red clone trooper should be a Kay-bee exclusive. I emailed their website Wed 4/24/02. They said they have no info yet as when it will ship to the stores or when we can place an order online.

Sith Vicious
05-07-2002, 11:33 PM
Looks like the cross section book was right after all. The yellow ones are pilots.

CooLJoE
05-08-2002, 12:37 AM
As officially stated on KBtoys.com and on the packaging for the 12" Yellow clone troopers, the Yellow ones are Commanders. There is no mention of what rank the Red ones have. I imagine they are like generals or something as they are usually shown leading a group of the non-colored clones. Look at the trailers showing the large field of clone troopers standing in formation and you'll see what I mean.

Either way, I WILL have a 12" of all 3 clone troopers (and whatever ones come in the future). I'm a clone/storm trooper mega-fan.

BanthaPoodoo
05-08-2002, 12:39 AM
This is from watching the TV Commerical promoting the Clone Trooper profession:

Yellow: Commander (I would say definitely. In the ad, when they do a left face, this is the one commanding)

White: Trooper (again, from the ad, rows & rows of em doing a left face)

Red: Second Ranking Commander (they show one standing beside a red commander (the red is looking through binoculars, and then turns to its left and says something to the red who then points to something with his hand)

Green: ??? (didnt show a good shot of this one)
Blue: ??? (didnt show a good shot of this one either)

Sith Vicious
05-08-2002, 06:02 PM
Why are we getting reports that they're releasing a yellow pilot figure then? Is this just a rumor? No offence, but I don't know why KB or guessing what's going on in commercials is any more credible than the cross sections book.

LTBasker
05-08-2002, 06:20 PM
Maybe they got mixed up and Yellow are also in the gunpods on the Gunship. It would make sense too, that way they could see more of what was happening on the field and keep a direct line with other troopers and also help out the troopers by using the cannons in the gunpod.

MikeAndTheBots
05-08-2002, 08:40 PM
I think that since the yellow appear to be commanders, they could be the commanders of ships too. Luke was the commander during the battle of hoth against the AT-AT's and such and he fought along with the rest of rouge squadron but hey who knows. I think it'd be cool to have a medic trooper.
BTW: Are there any plans to make a normal, white clone trooper in the saga line? the POTJ preview wasn't very posable.

jedi master sal
05-09-2002, 09:31 AM
As mentioned before, the Cross-Sections book clearly states that the "yellow" clones are pilots. Of course we have a dispute because KB's has an exclusive and the box says commander. This could be a printing error on the side of Hasbro. Or whomever printed the C/S book could be wrong. I go with the book as the reference to yellow clones being pilots are made a few times ie Republic gunship and AT-TE (The chameleon looking one, to which I have named Louie from the Budweiser commercials.) Only time will tell but my bet is on them being the pilots.

The blue clones haven't really been identified for their specialty yet. I'll guess jizz wailers (jazz band, like sy snootle and the max rebo band, blues get it) ha ha ha! J/K;)

pthfnder89
05-09-2002, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by jedi master sal
The blue clones haven't really been identified for their specialty yet. I'll guess jizz wailers ... ha ha ha! J/K;)

At the risk of getting a little blkue, that sounded really bad...:D

Is it just me or could they have found a much better way of putting the colors on the costumes? I wouldn't want them to copy the Sandtrooper shoulder pauldrons or anything, but I just think it looks silly the way they painted the arms all the way down.

I think they should have just painted one small area of the armor on the chest or the arms.