PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars toys in Ep 1???

JediTricks
09-06-2001, 08:38 AM
Yes, it's true! One of Ratts Tyrell's family members is holding toys of Ratts' and Sebulba's podracers in a new scene in the upcoming Ep 1 DVD! Since the kid is smaller than the already-dinky Ratts, that would make the toys she's holding Action Fleet-scale!!!

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/rattstyerell/index_bts.html

bigbarada
09-06-2001, 09:00 AM
I would put this along the same lines as Luke playing with a Skyhopper model in ANH, that or the end of civilization as we know it.:D

Am I the only one who notices that the added CG looks like it came from a Playstation?

evenflow
09-06-2001, 10:39 AM
That is GREAT!!!!! Aww how cute they look. ;)

Bel-Cam Jos
09-06-2001, 11:08 AM
Parents letting their kids play with collectible items!? Wha-? What a stupid alien! Those things will be worth a ton someday, but only if they're kept MIMB.
:D
Other SW "toy" scenes:
Anakin's toys on his bed
Jabba playing "Flick the Food" at pod race
Chewie and R2 with chess board
Gen. Dodonna playing SW video game on Yavin 4
Wampa with Tauntaun
Rancor with Oola and Gamorrean Guard
Logray with Luke's saber
Luke with Removable Helmet Vader
:D

Rollo Tomassi
09-08-2001, 10:28 AM
Torynn Farr with interactive Ion Cannon game! ;)

GNT
09-10-2001, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos

Anakin's toys on his bed:D

Wasn't that a Naboo Starfighter prototype on his bed?

JEDIpartner
09-10-2001, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by GNT

Wasn't that a Naboo Starfighter prototype on his bed?

"I'm only an interpreter and not very good at telling stories..."

I have no clue... but it sure looks like something they MIGHT have designed for the film!

GNT
09-11-2001, 02:23 AM
it might have been something that the designers made but was never created as something on screen so they just through it into The Phantom Menace

Lobito
10-02-2001, 03:57 PM
If there are Action Fleet toys in the EPI universe, then there may be 3"3/4 also!! Ha....those guys came out of the muppet show!!:D

JediCole
10-03-2001, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Lobito
...those guys came out of the muppet show!!:D

In another thread I refer to almost the entire Pod Race cast as Tekno Muppets. I honestly thought, upon first seeing the Pod Race on the big screen (5 times on opening day, mind you) that the Pod Pilots were just cheap, rubber hand puppets! I couldn't believe it when I found out they were CGI! You have that kind of capability and you make lousy hand puppet looking creations that actually look worse than the puppets used in that lousy Land of the Lost revival series in the 90's! Boy, when the technology gets cheap enough, look out Lucas!