PDA

View Full Version : Why can't we just go back to the simpler days when everything was .00, .01, etc.?

TheBigSloppy
04-25-2002, 11:59 PM
I never quite understood Hasbro, nor do I pretend to. Has anyone else wondered about the 10-digit PN numbering convention on the cardbacks?

I have two Super Battle Droids, one ends ...0100, the other ends ...4800.

What's the deal with this? Anyone? Anyone?

B-e-u-u-u-u-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-e-r?

Wolfwood319
04-26-2002, 12:19 AM
Why don't we go back even further, back when a figure was just a figure, and it didn't matter what trivial letters or numbers were printed on the piece of cardboard it came with?

bigbarada
04-26-2002, 04:31 AM
Way to go Wolfwood! I was just getting ready to ask the same thing!

Beast
04-26-2002, 04:40 AM
I have to side with WolfWood and BigB on this one, ugh...I am so sick of hearing about minor meaningless card variations with diffrences in numbers. Makes me wish Hasbro would just package figures in plastic bags so this would stop. Sorry, rant off. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Taichi
04-26-2002, 09:14 AM
After all, the figures inside are EXACTLY THE SAME!!!

I always wondered about color changes, and whatnot being more valuable......

Tan Vest, Black Vest WHO CARES????? it's the same damn sculpt....

now those two new Endor Soldiers.....that's a different story.......

TheBigSloppy
04-26-2002, 12:10 PM
Hey. Give me a break. If you guys don't know the answer, then just say you don't know the answer. Don't go off ganging up on someone who is merely asking an inccocent question. These forums are here to promote discussion about something we all have in common - Star Wars.

Perhaps you all should start a thread titled 'for those who are sick of people talking about variations.'

And BTW, the purpose of my thread was to eventually elude to the idea that perhaps Hasbro purposely makes variations in order to clear product off the shelves. REMEMBER when the market was flooded with the initial waves of EPI toys and stores couldn't give away the extra DMs for $1.97?

By throwing in a real twist to the first released AOTC figures, via different hair colors, stupid moles or no moles, BGs or no BGs, different legs and what not, Hasbro has all these variation collectors playing right into their hands. And it seems to be working.

Beast
04-26-2002, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Taichi
After all, the figures inside are EXACTLY THE SAME!!!
I always wondered about color changes, and whatnot being more valuable......
Tan Vest, Black Vest WHO CARES????? it's the same damn sculpt....
now those two new Endor Soldiers.....that's a different story.......
The point with the color changes, was it was an actual running change from Hasbro. It wasn't a mistake made on the production line, they actually change the color of the figure's clothes halfway thru production. Hasbro made Luke's vest Brown, and while it is a sort of brownish color in the movies, they changed it later to black. They released Han: Endor with the incorrect Blue pants, about the time that they changed from holostickers to Freeze Frames, they changed his pants color to the correct Brown. It's a running change, not a painting mistake. Just like the POTJ Biker Scout. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DrewDewce
04-26-2002, 03:37 PM
Weird thing for me was yesterday morning on the way to work. I was in a TRU yesterday morning and a guy from Hasbro was in there trying to arrange the figs on the shelves in pegs (One peg has just Obi-Wan, etc.) and he didn't even know how many figs were out! I had the checklist from Hasbro's site that shows 30 figs, but I told him that all the info I'd seen suggested there were only 27 out so far. He said that checklist would have been some help to him and he tried to copy it, but there was no copy machine there. He was totally clueless on the figs themselves. How can knowledge on a line of toys that I'm sure Hasbro is banking on for a huge 2nd quarter slip past their staff??

Weird experience. (He did point me to another TRU that had some Zam's tho, so all was not lost)

eliwankenobi
04-26-2002, 04:10 PM
I'm with Wolfwood and the others on this one. I think variations are a stupid gimmick. A figure is a figure is a figure. The whole 'variation' thing just makes it that much more difficult to find figures because the completists have to have them ALL!!!

RooJay
04-26-2002, 07:04 PM
I'm happy to say that I have no idea what you guys are talking about, and don't care to find out!;) To me a Hangar Duel Anakin is a Hangar Duel Anakin, and I am blissfully unaware of what any of the numbers on his package were before I ripped it open and threw it away! Even with my carded collection, which just kinda stopped growing a long time ago, I have no idea where to even look for these numbers and really couldn't care less.
...but that's just me!:rolleyes: