PDA

View Full Version : What's the deal with Dexter? SPOILERS!!!!

Wolfwood319
04-25-2002, 11:33 PM
I got the new Dexter figure, and he's one of my faves, but I have a few questions about him;

First, what's the deal with the little dart thing he comes with? Does he use it, or what?

Second, on the back it show pictures of him with something out of his mouth, yet the actual figure is different. What's the deal with that?

Finally, does his butcher blade actually have that electro effect in the movie?

Beast
04-25-2002, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Wolfwood319
I got the new Dexter figure, and he's one of my faves, but I have a few questions about him;

First, what's the deal with the little dart thing he comes with? Does he use it, or what?

Second, on the back it show pictures of him with something out of his mouth, yet the actual figure is different. What's the deal with that?

Finally, does his butcher blade actually have that electro effect in the movie?
That's what was originally called in the script for E2 a Kyber Dart. Jango uses it to kill Zam Wesell before she can spill her guts to Anakin and Obi-Wan about who's trying to kill Padme. Obi-Wan takes the dart to the Jedi archives and can find no information on it. So he takes it to one of his friends, Dexter Jettster who has information about things from the criminal underworld, as he used to be either a smuggler or criminal himself. He tells Obi-Wan about Kamino, and tells him more or less where to look for it.

That's his pipe, I think the charecter was originally planned to be a smoker. But Lucas cut his smoking from the movie, before it was finished. Hasbro already had the figure and the packaging ready, before this last minute change. They pulled the pipe and covered over the mention of it on the side of the card. The images of the figure from the back are from the paint master that is used for all in house photography.

As for the butcher blade, I doubt it. While it vibroblade, I rather doubt that it explodes with electricity like that in the movie. Hasbro probably just slapped it on the figure, so that it would match with the rest of the line. If ya don't like it, pull it off and throw it in a box. Simple as that. I will probably just use it on another figure, not sure which yet. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Wolfwood319
04-25-2002, 11:53 PM
Cool, thanks for the info. I actually like the electro stuff on his blade, it just seems to fit, for me anyway.