PDA

View Full Version : That sounds like an R2 unit?

LTBasker
04-26-2002, 01:18 AM
I was watching ESB on FOX tonight and when 3PO went to explore after hearing the R2 unit, something popped into my head... Could they go to Cloud City in Episode III at some point? Think about it, just cause 3PO heard something familiar it doesn't seem like he would just go exploring, especially since R2 unit strangers shouldn't be all that important to him, maybe he and other people end up in some Bespin conflict and 3PO gets to know some droids there which could be why he went to investigate about the R2 unit and could be why he said "a familiar face" to the other protocol droid. He could've just done it for the heck of it but it could be a possibility I guess.

Beast
04-26-2002, 01:22 AM
The style of the Kamino citys matches Cloud City a bit. I am sure some EU tale will tell that they built it or something. Whether we will see Cloud City in EIII, I doubt it. There was no readon to return to Hoth or Endor for the prequels, so I doubt their will be a reason for Cloud City to show up in the prequels. Never know though, Lucas hasn't written all of E3 yet, so anything is possible. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Eternal Padawan
04-27-2002, 08:46 AM
I think the sound reminded him of R2-D2 and he was lonely and longed to hear a "familair" voice. He had not seen R2 since the escape from Hoth several weeks earlier.

hango fett
05-01-2002, 08:16 PM
actually, lucas starts writing EIII one week after AOTC is realesed.

RooJay
05-02-2002, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
I was watching ESB on FOX tonight and when 3PO went to explore after hearing the R2 unit, something popped into my head... Could they go to Cloud City in Episode III at some point? Think about it, just cause 3PO heard something familiar it doesn't seem like he would just go exploring, especially since R2 unit strangers shouldn't be all that important to him, maybe he and other people end up in some Bespin conflict and 3PO gets to know some droids there which could be why he went to investigate about the R2 unit and could be why he said "a familiar face" to the other protocol droid. He could've just done it for the heck of it but it could be a possibility I guess.
It always seemed very obvious to me that 3PO went after that sound hoping it might be Artoo, or at least hoping to find another R2 unit that he could associate with (being used to the company of one). He comments about the "familiar face" because it is exactly the same as his own.

dirtybones
05-03-2002, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
I think the sound reminded him of R2-D2 and he was lonely and longed to hear a "familair" voice. He had not seen R2 since the escape from Hoth several weeks earlier.
This is the only reason I can come up with too.

AreTwo-DeeTwo
05-11-2002, 01:26 PM
Yeah, C-3PO is getting tired of hanging around the strange behavior of humans. They are always getting him in peril. He misses his good friend R2-D2. Even though R2 gets him in peril every now and then it's mainly the humans that do it. Plus, he has to get around more of Han's pals Lando and 3PO is thinking "man I wish I could hang out with some droids."
Hearing what he believes is a droid is his salvation for a little while. Kind of like hanging out with your parents for awhile. It's ok but man please let me hang out at the bars for a bit. Please :)