PDA

View Full Version : Question about Anakin with 2 Blades

Darth_Maul25SW
04-26-2002, 02:56 AM
I was wondering if anakin fights 2 times in the movie with a lightsaber in each hand. The reason I ask is that the hanger duel action figure comes with differents lightsabers than the ones I've seen in pictures. Please no huge spoilers when you answer. Thanks

Shadow Warrior
04-26-2002, 03:38 AM
On back of the figure of the new Anakin it says that he is fighting with Obi-wab"s light saber. I hope this clears something up but not to "much information" for you?

Darth_Maul25SW
04-26-2002, 03:42 AM
Hmm well kind of. So let me get this clear. Obi-wan gets a new saber? Yes or no will do. Thanks

Wolfwood319
04-26-2002, 03:46 AM
He kind of does...;)

Darth_Maul25SW
04-26-2002, 03:48 AM
here's a question that's off topic. Why am I an Angry Loner? I just noticed that thing near my maul pic.

Wolfwood319
04-26-2002, 03:53 AM
"Angry Loner" is the status you have according to the number of posts you have, and the "path you've chosen." The more posts you have, the higher up in the "ranking" you go. You can either be in the "Jedi" ranking or "sith" ranking. You can toggle between the 2 different choices in your "user control panel" at the top right of your screen.

Personally, pay no attention to that stuff. It doesn't matter what your "ranking" is or how many posts you have. Worrying about stuff like that causes more harm than good. Just enjoy the discussions and have fun while you're here.

Darth_Maul25SW
04-26-2002, 03:55 AM
Cool how many posts do I need to make to get pas this Angry Loner stage?

BanthaPoodoo
04-26-2002, 11:28 AM

DeadEye
04-26-2002, 04:38 PM
He's right. It won't take long...;)

ConvergeDW
04-27-2002, 12:54 AM
I like the angry loner status.

Amanamike
04-27-2002, 02:00 AM
The reason OBI WAN has a green Light saber is because it was Qui Gons old one, remember, OBIs got kicked down the shaft.

Pendo
04-27-2002, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by Amanamike
The reason OBI WAN has a green Light saber is because it was Qui Gons old one, remember, OBIs got kicked down the shaft.

Qui-Gon's saber is not seen in AOTC. Obi-Wan only has the green blade towards the end of the film when his saber is taken away from him when he is captured. He then uses the lightsaber of a dead jedi during the arena battle.
Obi-Wan uses his old lightsaber (the one from TPM) through most of the film, he must have gone down the shaft to get it.

PENDO!

DeadEye
04-27-2002, 08:48 AM
But the HD Anakin toy is wrong. The lightsabers are in the wrong hand!

If you watch the trailers when Ani fights Dooku with 2 sabers, you can clearly see that Ani has a blue saber in his RIGHT hand and the green one in his LEFT. the action figure is the opposite of that.

CrossWizard
04-27-2002, 09:12 AM
Obi-Wan only has the green blade towards the end of the film when his saber is taken away from him when he is captured. He then uses the lightsaber of a dead jedi during the arena battle.

Actually, no. Ill try to explain everything with as little spoilers as possible:

Obi Wan starts the movie with his blue TPM saber, and Anakin has his Skywalker/Vader style blue saber. During the course of the film Obi Wan's TPM saber is taken from him, and Anakin's blue saber is "lost" or "damaged". When the Jedi arrive at Geonosis, they bring 2 generic looking sabers(similar to the handle/hilt style Kit Fisto and Luminara have) and give Obi Wan a blue generic one and Anakin a green generic one so they can join the battle and defend themselves. To avoid spoiling anything big, Anakin fights Dooku with his green generic saber, and somehow ends up with Obi Wan's generic blue saber as well to do the double saber duel thing. And Deadeye is right, not only are the sabers in the wrong hands, but one saber is misplaced, Anakin never uses his Luke/Vader style saber in that duel, they shouldve included another metal hilt like Kit's with a blue blade.

DeadEye
04-27-2002, 09:50 AM
In the trailers, we see Anakin dueling Dooku with one lightsaber and the blade is clearly BLUE.

CrossWizard
04-27-2002, 11:02 AM
In the trailers and various pictures we have seen Anakin in the Arena Battle wielding a green saber, and going into the Hangar Duel with that same green saber(plus on the clip where hes electrocuted by darkside lighting he has a green saber) and Obi Wan a blue one(as you can see by the Clones trailer and the last few tv spots).

Pendo
04-27-2002, 11:46 AM
Thanx for the info CrossWizard.

In the Choices video on the DVD website we see Obi-Wan with a green blade? At what point does Obi-Wan get the green blade, is it Anakin's from the Arena battle?

PENDO!

DeadEye
04-27-2002, 12:30 PM
This is all way too confusing.

Let's just see the movie and find out!!!

Oh wait, it's not out for nineteen days. :cry:

Taichi
04-28-2002, 02:40 PM
DOES IT REALLY MATTER???

c'mon....two lightsabers are cool, no matter what they look like, or what hands they're in.......

DeadEye
04-28-2002, 03:28 PM
No arguments there...:D

derek
04-28-2002, 07:07 PM
i think the best way to correct the hanger duel anakin is to give him the extra saber dooku comes with. use the blue blade from anakin's saber and it's pretty close. then give the extra green blade to yoda, so he dosen't look so goofy with a short blade, then use yoda's blade as a toothpick!:D