PDA

View Full Version : Have you smelled Padme's "Arena Column" yet?

mista_carrot
04-26-2002, 06:15 AM
This has got to be the smelliest Star Wars accessory yet!

Woah...I'm starting to get flashbacks...:crazed:

Taichi
04-26-2002, 07:49 AM
you dirtbag accessory sniffers!!! :D

crazy.....I'm tellin' ya.....gettin' high on plastic crack......

why don't you just switch to the pipe?, I heard vintage Vaders light, and stay lit the best....just toke one up, and let 'im melt down........you'll be flyin' in seconds!!!

JetsAndHeels
04-26-2002, 08:16 AM
I havent smelled it yet, but I will. It may be smelly, but nothing has yet to top the mouse droid that came with R4-M9. We had quite an interesting thread going on that one a couple weeks back.

Casual George
04-26-2002, 10:19 AM
Oh for pete's sake not this again!:rolleyes:

pthfnder89
04-26-2002, 10:24 AM
Hehe, you guys need a 12-Step program:D

Wonderboy
04-26-2002, 10:50 AM
Ummmm I have a question...

WHY THE HELL ARE YOU SMELLING YOUR STAR WARS TOYS!?!?!

I think I'm scared now...;)

Wolfwood319
04-26-2002, 10:51 AM
Its good, no Mouse Droid, but good.

Now the Deluxe Mace, there was a strong, pugnant odor if I've ever smelled one. That thing still has some good scent to him a few days after he was opened.

DarthMushy
04-26-2002, 01:00 PM
Well, I haven't smelled it, but the urge to lick Padme is quite strong.

Did I say that out loud?

JetsAndHeels
04-26-2002, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Wonderboy
Ummmm I have a question...

WHY THE HELL ARE YOU SMELLING YOUR STAR WARS TOYS!?!?!

I think I'm scared now...;)

Duh, were smelling them because they smell good!!
Have you smelled any of them? Didnt some of them smell good?
Dont knock it until you try it.

Taichi
04-26-2002, 01:50 PM
Man, that 'smell' has GOT to be toxic......

Plastic is a petroleum distillate after all........

Obi-Dan Kenobi
04-26-2002, 05:27 PM
I have all of my Episode I and II Jedi figures set up together, and even a few days later they give off a bit of a scent. They are near my bed, so maybe that's why I've been having such wierd dreams lately....

I find the best smelling ones are usually those with large capes or gowns, things like that. I smell every one right after I take it out of the package. Aaaaaahhhh........

bigbarada
04-26-2002, 05:43 PM
I don't know how many people here are old enough to remember those old copying machines they used to have in schools, the ones that printed everything out in a fuzzy blue ink. I remember when the teacher would hand out test papers fresh from the copier the first thing every kid would do was to smell them. If your copy was fresh enough you could actually get lightheaded.

I've also noticed that figures with lots of soft plastic capes have a pretty pungent smell. Maybe it is toxic and it's Hasbro's way of eventually ridding the world of Star Wars collectors.:D

Battle Droid
04-26-2002, 06:17 PM
Padme smells good.

starwars92590
04-26-2002, 06:44 PM
Stop posting messages about how the figure smells!

mark2d2
04-26-2002, 07:30 PM
disturbing
disturbing
disturbing
disturbing
disturbing

Paul-Kenobi
04-26-2002, 07:36 PM
i feel like i'm gona vomate from smelling the figures

( talks in crappy voice) ok now i get my loywal and he going to sue you for uh makeing me uh you know da smelll the figures and i feel like uh i'm gona vomate

PS J/K! :p

aharry
04-26-2002, 09:34 PM
Heh,Heh,Heh....Hey man?!, Hey I got the key man?!....Heh,Heh,Heh.

SNIFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!

Tycho
04-27-2002, 02:10 AM
The MOUSE-MAN is Back!

But seriously, have you sniffed C-3PO's box? Yeah the parts box. This is a one time only experience, as the scent was quicker to escape this one than any toy I've shoved up my nose in all my past life's experience!

I honestly had not tried to sniff Padme's pole yet, as of reading this post, so I shoved my face under her blister card's bubble as I was typing this. Yes, it is a kind of strange scent! I'm not sure how to classify this one, but I think we are smelling the coloring added to the rather large piece of plastic. Though I'll have to try this later, I noticed the jagged edges of the broken column are perfect for extending your proximity to the post by inserting them in a nostril. However, caution should be used because those of you with small noses, or distinctively pointed ones, might get Padme's post stuck on your nose. I would not be lying, but it might result in that Penokeo-kind of look if you're not careful.

Now everybody's doing it! See picture below.

Dark Knight
04-27-2002, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by Battle Droid
Padme smells good.

Yes, so so good!

:D :D :D

Must sniff again.

:evil: :evil: :evil:

CooLJoE
04-27-2002, 02:51 AM
The smell from the clone troopers reminds me of MUSCLE MEN. Very odd smell.

Anakin Skywalker243
04-27-2002, 11:35 AM
I can't stop laughing but any who I have' got any of the figures yet but the idea of smelling isn't too bad, I can't wait to smell the 12" inch Padme doll I mean hey I must admit at times I smell my DVD's after I buy them sometimes.