PDA

View Full Version : So let me get this straight....

jblodgett
04-26-2002, 10:12 AM
In Episode III----

Somehow- Darth Tyranus (aka Count Dooku) will have to be killed off...

Somehow- Anakin Skywalker will have to have a lightsaber battle with Obiwan Kenobi wherein Obiwan knocks Anakin into a pit full of burning lava or something...

Somehow- Darth Sidious will have to rescue Anakin Skywalker from the burning pit, mend his wounds, and convince him to become a Sith...

Somehow- Palpatine will have to move himself up to Emperor status...

Somehow- every jedi but Obiwan and Yoda will have to be killed off...

Somehow- Anakin will have to get Padme pregnant- but not know about it...

All this within ONE movie... Holy smokes. I could see this movie being 2.5-3 hours in length when all that is packed in!!

DahrJin
04-26-2002, 10:43 AM
I could go for a SW movie that was at least 4 hours long. Hey, I sat through 3.5 hours of Titanic with my wife, so why not a 4 hr. SW movie?

sith_killer_99
04-26-2002, 12:05 PM
TITANIC!?!?!

You poor, poor man.

Jedi Clint
04-26-2002, 12:29 PM
1 Dooku dead - Yes.
2 Anakin vs. Kenobi - I think it will play out that way.
3 Sidious rescues Anakin - During the time frame of the film - Yes.
4 Palpatine turns Republic into Empire - Absolutely.
5 All Jedi killed - Only if there are a few left in the entire galaxy when the movie opens.....more likely they are hunted to extinction between E3 and ANH.
6 Padme gets pregnant - In between AOTC and E3.

Not all of that has to happen on screen. In fact items 1, 2, and 4 are all we really have to see IMO.

bigbarada
04-26-2002, 05:36 PM
1. yup
2. yup
3. maybe not onscreen
4. yup
5. not necessarily
6. I think Padme will show up pregnant at the beginning of Ep3, why else do you think all of her T&A shots are in Ep2?

Beast
04-26-2002, 05:48 PM
As to Palpatine moving himself up to Emporer's status, he pretty much does that in Episode II. Palpatine gets granted the power of the Emperor in E2, when granted emergancy powers that allow him to make decisions without Senate approval. Though he most likely won't be taking the title until near the end of Episode III. And he doesn't take the final step, dissolving the Senate, until Episode IV.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Eternal Padawan
04-27-2002, 08:24 AM
Which of these is more likely do you think? Anakin knows Padme is pregnant and believes her dead by the end of the film. or she keeps the pregnancy a secret from him because he is a creepy pseudo sith by the third film and she doesn't want him to know.

I think you'll see Vader take out a few high profile Jedi, just to show us he's capable of it, and leave the purge to our imagination. I think most of the Jedi ranks have been thinned during the war between II and III.