PDA

View Full Version : More Info on Dooku.......

BanthaPoodoo
04-26-2002, 09:35 AM
If you cant get it now then it doesnt look like its gonna get any easier.......... From the listing below he will be in only three cases at 2 per case.......

These are the case assortments from now to July:

This came from another site so I dont know how accurate it is:

4851x12 (12 figures) Collection 1 Case
x2 Anakin Skywalker (Outland Peasant Disguise)
x2 Super Battle Droid
x2 Obi Wan (Coruscant Chase)
x1 Padme Amidala (Arena Escape)
x1 C-3PO (Protocol Droid)
x2 Jango Fett (Kamino Escape)
x1 Kit Fisto (Jedi Master)
x1 R2 D2 (Coruscant Sentry)

84851x13 (12 figures) Collection 1 Case
x1 Anakin Skywalker (Outland Peasant Disguise)
x1 Super Battle Droid
x1 Obi Wan (Coruscant Chase)
x2 Padme Amidala (Arena Escape)
x2 C-3PO (Protocol Droid)
x2 Kit Fisto (Jedi Master)

84851x1D (12 figures) Collection 1 Case
x2 Anakin Skywalker (Outland Peasant Disguise)
x1 Super Battle Droid
x1 Obi Wan (Coruscant Chase)
x1 Kit Fisto (Jedi Master)
x2 Clone Trooper
x2 R2 D2 (Coruscant Sentry)
x1 Zam Wesell (Bounty Hunter)

84851x15 (12 figures) Collection 1 Case
x3 Clone Trooper
x2 Zam Wesell (Bounty Hunter)
x2 Anakin Skywalker (Hanger Duel)
x2 Yoda (Jedi Master)
x2 Count Dooku (Dark Lord)

84851x1G (12 figures) Collection 1 Case
x3 Clone Trooper
x2 Yoda (Jedi Master)

84851x1H (12 figures) Collection 1 Case
x3 Clone Trooper
x2 Yoda (Jedi Master)

84851x16 (12 figures) Collection 1 Case
x1 Super Battle Droid
x3 Clone Trooper
x2 Yoda (Jedi Master)

84851x19 (12 figures) Collection 1 Case
x3 Jango Fett (Final Battle)
x4 Mace Windu Geonosian Rescue
x2 Darth Vader (Bespin Duel)
x3 Luke Skywalker (Bespin Duel)

84851x17 (12 figures) Collection 1 Case
x2 Jango Fett (Final Battle)
x2 Mace Windu Geonosian Rescue
x2 Darth Vader (Bespin Duel)
x2 Obi Wan Jedi Starfighter Pilot
x1 Han Solo (Endor Raid)
x1 Chewbacca (Cloud City Capture)
x2 Luke Skywalker (Bespin Duel)

84861-08 (12 figures) Collection 2 Case
x2 Captain Typho (Padmé’s Head of Security)
x2 Boba Fett (Kamino Escape)
x2 Tusken Raider Female with Tusken Child
x2 Battle Droid (Arena Battle)
x2 Plo Koon (Arena Battle)
x2 Shaak Ti (Jedi Master)

84861x15 (12 figures) Collection 2 Case
x2 Battle Droid (Arena Battle)
x2 Geonosian Warrior
x2 Saesee Tiin (Jedi Master)
x2 Dexster Jettster
x2 Jar Jar Binks (Gungan Senator) Senator
x2 Nikto (Jedi Knight)

84861x16 (12 figures) Collection 2 Case
x2 Royal Guard (Coruscant Security)
x2 Luminara Unduli (Jedi Master)
x2 Taun We (Kamino Cloner)
x2 Nikto (Jedi Knight)

84861x17 (12 figures) Collection 2 Case
x2 Luminara Unduli (Jedi Master)
x2 Taun We (Kamino Cloner)

84861x18 (12 figures) Collection 2 Case
x1 Luminara Unduli (Jedi Master)
x1 Taun We (Kamino Cloner)
x2 Qui-Gon Jinn (Jedi Master)
x2 Endor Rebel Soldier
x2 Massiff w/ Geonosian Warrior
x2 Orn Free Taa

84851x18 (12 figures) Collection 1 Case
x1 Jango Fett (Final Battle)
x1 Mace Windu Geonosian Rescue
x1 Darth Vader (Bespin Duel)
x3 Obi Wan Jedi Starfighter Pilot
x3 Han Solo (Endor Raid)
x3 Chewbacca (Cloud City Capture)

84861x19 (12 figures) Collection 2 Case
x2 Geonosian Warrior
x2 Dexter Jettster (Coruscant Informant)
x2 Endor Rebel Soldier
x2 Massiff w/ Geonosian Warrior
x2 Orn Free Taa

84861-01A (12 figures) Collection 2 Case
x2 Geonosian Warrior
x2 Dexter Jettster (Coruscant Informant)
x2 Endor Rebel Soldier
x2 Supreme Chancellor Palpatine
x2 Djas Puhr (Alien Bounty Hunter)

84851-01A (12 figures) Collection 1 Case
x2 Yoda (Jedi Master)
x1 Obi Wan Jedi Starfighter Pilot
x2 Han Solo (Endor Raid)
x2 Chewbacca (Cloud City Capture)

84851-01B (12 figures) Collection 1 Case
x1 Clone Trooper
x2 Jango Fett (Final Battle)
x2 Mace Windu Geonosian Rescue
x3 Darth Vader (Bespin Duel)
x1 Han Solo (Endor Raid)
x3 Luke Skywalker (Bespin Duel)

84861-01C (12 figures) Collection 2 Case
x2 Captain Typho (Padmé’s Head of Security)
x2 Tusken Raider Female with Tusken Child
x2 Plo Koon (Arena Battle)
x2 Endor Rebel Soldier
x2 Supreme Chancellor Palpatine
x2 Djas Puhr (Alien Bounty Hunter)

pthfnder89
04-26-2002, 10:32 AM
That's still a lot of Dooku figures. He may not be as easy to get as Outland Peasant Anakin or anything, but there should be plenty to go around.

Wonderboy
04-26-2002, 10:39 AM
I don't think so...he is still gonna be hard to come by. With that many cases, you are gonna have to hope and pray that your local stores get the 3 cases that he is in. As we saw at Midnight Madness, that could be the huge hitch in the get-a-long. And mark my words...the same thing is going to happen with the Bespin wave...it's totally going to be hit or miss. I'm about to just resort to on-line ordering...that way I dont have to rely on the Toys R Us stockboys to order the right thing...ain't gonna happen.

Wolfwood319
04-26-2002, 10:42 AM
He'll be around. Not right away, but give it time, they'll be everywhere. My concern is "Why are they still shipping Anakin Outland Peasant, and the rest of those figs?" They are plenty of them, everywhere. There is no need to saturate the market with even more of them.

icatch9
04-26-2002, 11:11 AM
We have to think of the children! Despite how much we deny them, these are made in part for the children. That's why there so many of the peg warmers. They want to make sure that every kid in america has an Anakin and Padme, and 3PO. So when they see the movie they can go out and buy one that day. I agree that their distribution is shotty and inconsistent, but such is life. The Dooku's will come and in mass quantities. I've been in the hobby since the begging and no figure has been impossible to find. Even more so with these first release figures for the movies. I read today on SSG that a guy found 30 or so Dooku's at his WM. So they will come. Don't stress, it's just not worth it.

Oh yea, I have to agree that On line retailers is the way to go, if you want to make sure you get your stuff right now. But, that's like shooting fish in a barrel. I enjoy the adventure of the hunt!

BanthaPoodoo
04-26-2002, 11:33 AM
Hee hee that was me that found all the Dookus......

My eyes just bugged out!!!!!!! I couldnt believe it!!

bobafett07728
04-26-2002, 11:36 AM
Just wait. . .Hasbro will probobly ship a case of 12 Dookus, and they will warm the pegs with the rest of them.

Toolshed
04-26-2002, 12:19 PM
man i have to say. the first wave of collection, just like wolfwood319 said is everywhere. but if you think you have it bad having to go to wm or tru and seeing them there, it isnt nothing compared to the tru wor at. we got 83 of wave 1coll.1 and only like 8 or 9 cases have ben put out and they are not moving. but the good thing is we just got in new cases yesterday( all different, thank god) and where getting some more today. only of we could get some count dooku case. man it kinda sucks that he is so "rare" right now. the anticipation is killing me. i want on e so bad. but i also have a feeling that he will eventually become more widespread and ill get one then.anyways.

LTBasker
04-26-2002, 12:27 PM
When I went to Wal-Mart last night there was a Dooku just sitting there on a shelf with the rest of the figures untouched. It should be hard to find at first, but once ebayers grow a brain and learn how to open their eyes (Yeah I know, far off) the scalpers should be retreating to the stores to return them or just not buying anymore.

Wonderboy
04-26-2002, 12:28 PM
I scored BIG TIME this morning! I was only missing three figures to complete the 27, and I found all 3 at one stop this morning! WOO HOO!

Found:

Yoda
Dooku
Anakin (Hangar Duel)

And what was wierd, is that they only had one of each...must of been fate ;)

Now I just have to wait for the new figs to start shipping, so my hyper-focused obsession can begin again!

:happy:

DarthMushy
04-26-2002, 01:04 PM
I found a Dooku at midnight madness, but have only seen 1 since (including 3 Wal-Marts, 2 Targets, and a TRU).

Jargo
04-26-2002, 01:36 PM
Well this is what TRU UK are getting told about when stuff is coming through. Kudos to the private Universe for finally getting some sense out of their sources.

Zam Wesell - Early May
Dooku - End of May
Shaak Ti - End of June/early July

Ephant Mon
Chewbacca and C3-PO
Han Solo
Darth Vader Bespin
Luke Bespin
Jango Fett
Geonosian and Massiff

These are due to arrive between now and July as stated, turning up every couple of weeks

DrewDewce
04-26-2002, 02:26 PM
I realize I'm a new poster here and might not be as knowledgeable as some others, but weren't there similar problems with Darth Maul from epI?

I just happened to be going into a Target the morning the epI figs went on sale and got DM, but most of my friends couldn't find him at first. Later, he was everywhere.

I think Dooku will be the same way. Of course, I wish I could say this from a position of having a Dooku, but not being up at Midnight on Monday precluded me from having all but 1 of the 27 ;-)

Jedibill
04-26-2002, 02:54 PM
I think dooku will be easy too get and might even be easy too get now but with the word on the street that hes rare and hard too find anyone who does see him on the pegs takes them all scalpers or what ever Ive been colleting figures since the release in 1995 and i have found them all, sometimes after months rare figures seen to pop up out of no where.

then again i could be wrong hehe

eliwankenobi
04-26-2002, 02:56 PM
I must concur with icatch9, there will be plenty of every fig to go around, just give it time. I too have been collecting since '95 and have had no problem finding any figure (except for R2 w/ Holo Leia). I may not have been able to get them on release day, but have just as well found them a week or two later.
I also agree the the mass quantities of base figs (Anakin, Padme, 3PO, Jango) are aimed at the kids. Remember, these are kids toys as well as collectibles. The majority of kids aren't going to go running out to snatch up a new toy without seeing the movie first. Hasbro (even though I agree with many of you that their distribution practiced suck!) wants to make sure that every kid that wants one will be able to get one of these figs.
Just as what happened with E1 release, the DMs were the first to 'disappear' and get posted on eBay as 'rare', 'exclusive', 'HTF', whatever. That's because all the scalpers have to focus on something like that to create a false panic and get fans and collectors to resort to paying unnecessarily high prices. Then the movie came out, and the cries of 'no DMs available' reached Hasbro so they dumped them on the stores (I actually saw cases of nothing but DMs at one Wal-Mart) to the point that they couldn't give them away.
So have patience everyone. The toys were just released not even a week ago. Don't cry wolf - and don't fan the 'shortage' fires that all the scalpers are hoping for. By refusing to buy from scalpers we all show them that its not worth their time or effort to try to cheat us - we're going to get the stuff at one time or another.

icatch9
04-26-2002, 03:53 PM
Well said eliwankenobi. Well said indeed.

BanthaPoodoo
04-26-2002, 03:58 PM
Not trying to raise the hype (I mean I can easily find 50+ if I wanted to) & I definitely ain't trying to make a buck (if anyone ever wants a figure I can find I just give it to em for cost plus USPS shipping rates)

Just thought I would give some info as to how the case assortments were appearing to play out........

DeadEye
04-26-2002, 04:40 PM
God I want that freakin' figure so bad!!!! :mad:

Wonderboy
04-26-2002, 04:52 PM
Dead Eye: Talk to Bantha Poodo...he just offered to pick up Dookus for anyone who needed them...that's one nice fellah ;)

Bantha Poodo: I could use a few Royal Guards if you bump into any :happy:

DeadEye
04-26-2002, 05:56 PM
Come on Banthapoodoo...hook me up!:greedy:

Wonderboy
04-26-2002, 06:55 PM
yeah banthapoodo...HOOK HIM UP!

jobi
04-26-2002, 06:59 PM
I'll hook him up. PM me I have several dookus.

Paul-Kenobi
04-26-2002, 07:31 PM
theres still a chanse i can find dooku right ? if like lets say if went to the store tommrrow theres still a chance of me finding one ?

mark2d2
04-26-2002, 07:41 PM
The obsession for this figure the rest of you feel escapes me.

That said -- it's threads like this that feeds into and in fact creates the so-called shortage. Now everybody who sees Dooku is going to snap him up. Probably in multiples now. Heck, even I might get one . . . "Hmmmm, supposedly nobody can find this guy. And now he's mine! HaHaHaHa!"

Frankly, it's a little early in the game to be in a panic over this. The toys aren't even out five days yet.

Paul-Kenobi
04-26-2002, 08:26 PM
see really if i could bid on e bay i would have it right now but sence i can't i'm out of luck i just don't want to wait till july just to pick up one figure thats why i just wanna know if i went to the store tommrrow is there a small chanse of me finding one.

jobi
04-26-2002, 08:30 PM
yes there is a good chance i found 1 yesterday, and WM had 2 for me today.

Paul-Kenobi
04-26-2002, 08:31 PM
thanks mate for the info :D

BanthaPoodoo
04-26-2002, 10:54 PM
So far I have gotten 7 for trading purposes & there are still tons on the pegs (as I write this I get an odd feeling that I'm being watched, what with all these eyes looking at me from these Dooku's)

Maybe I should start a webpage called www.countdooku.com and sell nothing but Dookus!!!! nah, that'd be absurd!!! LOL :)

I dont want anyone to be without though...... plus what good I do now may pay off later when I need a figure I cant find so its the least I can do

to paraphrase Luke:
"ever since the SW fans left MS the Dooku's just aren't in demand!"

(as mentioned in another thread, it appears this is one of if not the only wave this WM got)