PDA

View Full Version : Aayla Secura

SaeseeTiin
04-26-2002, 01:35 PM
In the new issue of Time magazine, there is a picture of that blue Twi'lek Jedi with a blue lightsaber. Intrestingly, her name is given as Aayla Secura. Just a piece of information I thought you might like to know.
Also, in a picture of many Clonetroopers similar to the ones we've already seen, there can definately be seen some with colours of red, yellow, green or blue on them. I never realised there was that many different colours, like a rank system.
Just bits of information I thought you might like to know...

STiin

Jargo
04-26-2002, 02:11 PM
Thanks Saesee, but there's a few threads already discussing these colours of the clonetroopers and what it might signify. it's clear that the yellow ones are pilots or pilot commanders because they are the ones seen commanding the tanks and the gunships. The red ones seem to be in higher command and the blue and green ones are still up for debate as the visual dictionary offers no clues.

Aayla Secura's name has been known for some time since the official site ran an article about how George liked the character on the cover of a Dark Horse comic book and decided to use her in the movie.

SaeseeTiin
04-26-2002, 02:26 PM
Oh well... behind as always...
Bugger! ;)

STiin

Darth Sidious
06-25-2002, 09:17 PM
This is probably a VERY stupid question, but who is Aayla Secura? I know she is a Jedi, I just can't remember which one. And could someone please post a pic (Preferably with lightsaber extended)? Thanks. :)

Beast
06-25-2002, 09:22 PM
http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/feature/20020618/index.html

Do a search for her in the Saga section also, she is getting an action figure next year. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Sidious
06-25-2002, 09:25 PM
Oh, it's that Twi'lek lady. She looks pretty cool, I'd like a figure of her, as long as they limit the gimmicks on this one. I dont mind buttons/wheels on clothing, but it would look horrible on bare skin, IMO. Thank you JarJar. :)

Beast
06-25-2002, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Darth Sidious
Oh, it's that Twi'lek lady. She looks pretty cool, I'd like a figure of her, as long as they limit the gimmicks on this one. I dont mind buttons/wheels on clothing, but it would look horrible on bare skin, IMO. Thank you JarJar. :)
From what I understand, from the sculpting drawings she won't have any gimmicks. She will have extra articulation to her legs though, so she can be posed into a high-kicking pose. The sculpting drawing also gives her a force effect that attaches to her hand, and a magnet. But those could be dropped by next year. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

scruffziller
06-25-2002, 10:13 PM
I think she looks hotter as a Twi'lek. Something about that blue skin.

Vortex
06-26-2002, 12:16 AM
I'll have to pull out a comic, but shouldn't she have some tattoo'ed design on her head tails? I could swear she had some geometric pattern in the comics...

But this is a figure I can't wait for. Bib was a bad fig, the one in the cin. scene was a bumber too...

saladin
06-26-2002, 02:55 AM
ya she is a preatty sweet jedi, i like seeing diversity in jedi, not to mention she has a cool background. and the figure should be sweet.

LTBasker
06-26-2002, 03:17 AM
Originally posted by tjovonovich
I'll have to pull out a comic, but shouldn't she have some tattoo'ed design on her head tails? I could swear she had some geometric pattern in the comics...

But this is a figure I can't wait for. Bib was a bad fig, the one in the cin. scene was a bumber too...

According to the costume designing for her, it was cloth wrapped around her head-tails.

Vortex
06-26-2002, 09:31 AM
I'll second the head tails wrappings, but I could have swore she had some dotted geometric design to boot...

Where the hell did I put those comics...then again, she was the product of a comic novelist, and I'm sure GL put his own spin on it.

sith_killer_99
06-26-2002, 12:23 PM
Unfortunatly it looks as if the figure will have some stupid gimmick(s).

Some folks may not mind all the STUPID wheels, and buttons, and leg squeezing. BUT I DO!!!

I am BEGGING YOU Hasbro...for the love of....

STOP THE GIMMICKS

I have already had to pass on SEVERAL figures because of those stupid gimmicks. I used to be a completist, before the dark times...before the GIMMICKS.:mad:

Vortex
06-26-2002, 12:59 PM
I knew my memory wasn't fading...

http://www.darkhorse.com/profile_popup.html?item=40375&the_db=c

http://www.darkhorse.com/profile_popup.html?item=00464&the_db=c

I was hoping they would add this, but thinking back, I don't think she had the deco in the movie...drat...that could have been pretty cool.

Beast
06-26-2002, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by sith_killer_99
Unfortunatly it looks as if the figure will have some stupid gimmick(s).
Some folks may not mind all the STUPID wheels, and buttons, and leg squeezing. BUT I DO!!!
I am BEGGING YOU Hasbro...for the love of....
STOP THE GIMMICKS
I have already had to pass on SEVERAL figures because of those stupid gimmicks. I used to be a completist, before the dark times...before the GIMMICKS.:mad:
Sith_Killer_99, where are you seeing gimmicks? According to the figure design specs, the only think she has is extra leg articulation, so she can high-kick to the side. And she has a force effect for her hand, and a magnet in her palm. There isn't any wheels, buttons, or action features. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
06-26-2002, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by tjovonovich
I knew my memory wasn't fading...

http://www.darkhorse.com/profile_popup.html?item=40375&the_db=c

http://www.darkhorse.com/profile_popup.html?item=00464&the_db=c

I was hoping they would add this, but thinking back, I don't think she had the deco in the movie...drat...that could have been pretty cool.

They could be natural spots that Lucas didn't feel the need to put in. They're a little too all over the place to be a tatoo considering they're just dots.

Vortex
06-26-2002, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker

They could be natural spots that Lucas didn't feel the need to put in. They're a little too all over the place to be a tatoo considering they're just dots.

No offense, but take a closer look. The one where she the main person on the cover is a circular tattoo pattern. Even on the other link its a circular pattern. Take a closer look. If not pick up one of the comics, its definitly a pattern. And in just my opinion, it would look cool on the fig.

Obi-Don
06-27-2002, 05:33 AM
I'll be looking forward to this figure. I have one I thought about doing as a custom from the Jabba's dancers.