PDA

View Full Version : Han & Chewie Prototype pics

Fulit
09-06-2001, 02:28 PM
Anyone seen these? Another ANH han scuplt, when we're already getting one soon, but he looks cool. I think the Chewie needs to be taller and thinner. Chewies head sculpt is awesome, though.

JEDIpartner
09-06-2001, 03:03 PM
I haven't seen this, but I would LOVE to!!! Do you have a link or anything you can post for us?

Fulit
09-06-2001, 03:06 PM
Oh, sorry, I saw it at www.collectstarwars.com.

Fulit
09-06-2001, 03:09 PM
what the hell, why does that link I posted take me to ascension web or some crap? Well anyway, you all know what site I was talking about.

bigbarada
09-06-2001, 06:02 PM
.............................words cannot contain the excitment I'm feeling right now! I actually expected these to simply be rehashes of the DSE Han and Mechanic Chewie, with altered poses. I don't care if it's just another ANH Han, this looks incredible. Chewie's face is just awesome!

And the news that they'll be in retro-style packages, oh wow, somebody pinch me I must be dreaming.

Jargo
09-06-2001, 07:59 PM
That Han looks to be molded after the pre-production costume test shots when harrison's hair was shorter than it was in the movie. Looks to be an okay sculpt though. Chewie looks like he's doing something elementary...... And he's so bulky! Shame his bandolier is molded on. They put a stap on the bowcaster but not on the wookie that's screwed...

GNT
09-07-2001, 02:51 AM
They look pretty good so far :) Hopefully the other 2 sets are just as cool :)

Plus vintage style boxes...drool :)

JediTricks
09-07-2001, 07:35 AM
All I could think after seeing that side shot was "huh huh, Chewie's takin' a dump". ;) Actually, I also noticed that Han's neck is articulated at the collar, so if you turn his head, his upper collar turns too, which will look REALLY weird.

Starfig873
09-07-2001, 08:00 AM
Now JT did we really have to resort to potty humor?
:p

These look great! I think Chewie is bigger....its just the angle the picture was taken from.

Now I wonder how much these'll cost?

Fulit
09-07-2001, 10:35 AM
I think I read somewhere they will cost $14.99. But since nothing ever makes it to the shelves around here, I'll probably be paying twice that.

JEDIpartner
09-07-2001, 11:06 AM
Hey! Is there a leak in here or what? Oh, wait! That's me! I'm actually crying!!!!

These are gonna be hot!! I can't wait to see the detailing in the other two! They SHOULD have done a C-3P0 and R2-D2 one as well... considering they are really the first two MAIN charaters we see on the screen!!!

Oh, well.

Obi-Don
09-07-2001, 11:41 AM
Can't wait!They look really cool, but sadly they will be hard to find around here. Like Fulit I will end up paying 2X the price. :(

Fulit
09-07-2001, 11:51 AM
YES! Why didn't I think of that, a 3P0 and R2 set would be awesome, with the Tantive IV hall in the background. Good idea. :)

GNT
09-08-2001, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
All I could think after seeing that side shot was "huh huh, Chewie's takin' a dump". ;)

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhh!

Sick mind JT ;)

Its too bad that the Dejaric Chewie wasn't like this Chewbacca?! But pretty cool none the less

evenflow
09-08-2001, 09:32 AM
They do look great, but i am not going wild over these figures yet. I am just not feeling the resculpts. I am looking forward to the Deluxe figures so much more.

AEP
09-09-2001, 07:01 AM
They couldn't have put a ball joint in at least Han's gun arm so that it would be more than a "one-pose figure?" Look at it while mentally covering up the guns...it's like the "drunk and trying to stumble to the Falcon" 2-pack...

"I also noticed that Han's neck is articulated at the collar, so if you turn his head, his upper collar turns too, which will look REALLY weird." Ah, but JediTricks, do you think they intend for these to be anything more than one-pose statues? I mean, WHO on EARTH would ACTUALLY want to fiddle with the pose of an ACTION FIGURE?

JediTricks
09-09-2001, 12:44 PM
I guess the idea was that if we'd buy the 300th Fett, we'd buy anything, no matter how unposeable. ;)

GNT
09-10-2001, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
I guess the idea was that if we'd buy the 300th Fett, we'd buy anything, no matter how unposeable. ;)

Which is true, Most collectors would buy anything to have a complete collection (completionists (?)) And i feel sorry for those people!