PDA

View Full Version : Got Yoda today...

Evan Nash
04-26-2002, 08:25 PM
$15.99

Oh well. If I didn't pay that, I wouldn't have him.

Still need Anakin and Dooku. =)

Yoda looks even better now that I see him in person. I am VERY impressed with this figure. Lots of extras, and a GREAT sculpt of him. Definatly one of the best figures they've ever made. And the lighsaber... *drools*...

Yoda 4 life.

CrossWizard
04-26-2002, 08:36 PM
$15.99 :rolleyes:

Evan Nash
04-26-2002, 08:39 PM
Yeah it sucks. But at least I got him

It's actually $15.99 Canadian. So that'd be like $9.00 US.

Think of it that way.

CrossWizard
04-26-2002, 08:59 PM
Oh well since you put it that way.

Anakin Skywalker243
04-26-2002, 09:17 PM
The Yoda figure is so cool I would of got one tonight but I have to wait until payday around here. Yoda has his own my size lightsaber.

CooLJoE
04-26-2002, 10:00 PM
I picked up a Yoda today. A friend of mine was out near his college and stopped off at a TRU and KMart. Told me there were yodas and anakins and even luminara.

So we went back out there and I was able to grab the last Yoda and HD Ani that they had. Unfortunately they had some bends on the backing cards, but oh well. I'll just have to find others that are mint later. Also grabbed Luminara and Taun We. No royal guard or dooku though :(.

CooLJoE
04-26-2002, 11:10 PM
By the way, today my friend pointed out something odd about the Yodas.

All the figures have the listing of accessories on the side of the package. Well for Yoda, it lists the saber, levatation force effect, and base. What we didn't see was the mention of his small cane (or the rock that sits behind the name plate, but that really doesn't count). I figured Hasbro would have mentioned that. Funny how they mention Dexter's pipe (which isn't included and packaging was fixed with stickers), but Yoda's cane is included but wasn't mentioned on the package. No fix either (that I know of).

Amanamike
04-26-2002, 11:51 PM
Evan nash did you buy him in Canada?? And if you did what store did you get him form?? I didnt know they had that collection up here yet.

Evan Nash
04-27-2002, 01:11 AM
A place called "Dragon Cards & Collectables".

It's a small card store. And it was the last one.

Walmart, TRU seems to have nothing.

Canada got screwed hardcore.

Omega Fett
04-27-2002, 01:13 AM
yoda is a awsome figure,my favorite,i just need Dooku lol,ive been on the hunt and soon ill collect my bounty

earl
04-27-2002, 01:25 AM
ill also pay as much as $15 for yoda, anakin HD, and dooku. cant find it anywhere here at fremont california.

asiandoood
04-27-2002, 03:55 AM
Originally posted by earl
ill also pay as much as $15 for yoda, anakin HD, and dooku. cant find it anywhere here at fremont california.

what stores are you hitting up?... we should help each other out :D

Battle Droid
04-27-2002, 04:00 AM
Ep2 Yoda sucks, I like the Ep1 one better, hopefully the Deluxe Ep2 Yoda is better. (he should come with the crane)

Evan Nash
04-27-2002, 11:40 AM
EP1 Yoda was better? I think not.

He had a cool chair that's it. Plus, Yoda in EP1 looked horrid. Not only the figure, but the puppet itself. He looked WAY too buff.

Lucas seems to have that same problem with Jabba. His weight, size, and color seems to change way to often.

Ep1 Jabba looks more like EP6 Jabba, then Ep4 Jabba does.

Darth Nihilus
04-29-2002, 02:07 PM
I've found at least three Yodas at my local store. I scooped up two of them, one has a packaging error where there is no handle on the lightsaber and it doesn't appear to be anywhere in the bubble. And for all the talk I've heard about Count Dooku's scarceness I've seen about six at this same store. Oh well, more for me.:greedy:

pthfnder89
04-29-2002, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Battle Droid
Ep2 Yoda sucks, I like the Ep1 one better, hopefully the Deluxe Ep2 Yoda is better. (he should come with the crane)

Yeah I have to disagree there Battle Droid. With the AOTC Yoda you get :
-a lightsaber (metal no less:))
-his cane
-his force effect
-a levitating device (granted it's not that cool, but it's still a HUGE accessory)
-the little piece that breaks off of the levitating device so he can throw it

All for the same price as Ep1 Yoda with nothing but a flimsy chair.
Plus, the Ep2 Yoda just looks ****ed off which is really scary :happy:

The Ep1 yuoda was ok, but Ep2 Yoda is a cooler sculpt