PDA

View Full Version : Which figures need made, but probably won't ever be made?

neimoidian85
04-26-2002, 09:54 PM
There are always figures from the movies that need made but never get done!

Doesn't it just make you mad when you have a figure of a character who is seen for a fraction of a second, and you want a character who has a considerable amount of screen time, BUT IT NEVER GETS MADE! This dilemma almost happened with Shmi Skywalker! She was one of the movie's main charcters.....maybe I'm the only one who likes action figures for more than just their action packed selves.....

So....what ya think?

Some figures I have a get feeling just won't get done for AOTC:

-At least one of the Larses (Owen, Cliegg or Beru) they will probably make 1 or 2 and leave the other hanging.

-Jocasta Nu - have a feeling Hasbo won't find it actiony enough

-Handmaidens Corde or Dorme...really, all the handmaidens have been screwed over!

aharry
04-26-2002, 10:28 PM
How about a dionaga beast pack!!

Evan Nash
04-26-2002, 10:54 PM
There's tons of figures they could always make.

A good Mara Jade would be sweet. Maybe a Kyle Katarn or Jarec.
I don't care for the characters myself, but it's an idea.

They've got most of the figures we want already made.

Admiral Ozzel would be funny.

CooLJoE
04-26-2002, 10:57 PM
Umm.....there is a Kyle Katarn. Its part of UE or SOTE or something like that. Can't remember where I saw it though.

Droidlover
04-27-2002, 01:10 AM
How about a decent R5D4 that does not open up or shoot things out.

Tycho
04-27-2002, 01:58 AM
I don't think Shmi Skywalker from AOTC will ever be made.

I don't know, but I think the spoiler reasons are a little too heavy for a child's line.

Note: Spoilers are allowed in this forum. It just didn't need to be said IMO, but feel free to discuss it if you think it's necessary.

I'm just trying to figure out how I'm going to do that scene with my figures. Customizing of course, and I saved an extra Shmi...but should I wait and hope to Hasbro...?

I think that Pregnant Amidala will be the other figure less likely to be seen. That may not come to pass, as the twins' birth is very important to the saga, and Padme may appear pregnant through almost ALL of Episode 3, so you never know.

If you think about SW movies, they take place all within a week-in-the-lives-of our hero characters. If that pattern is interrupted, it will be the only Star Wars movie out of all 6 to do so. If it is not, how can Luke and Leia be born in Episode 3 if Padme is not pregnant at the beginning of the movie?

So I did not suggest that action figure to be funny - I think it is a serious possibility that Amidala will be sculpted pregnant.

Please state if you think this is too taboo and think it will not come to pass. That could mean we get no Amidala action figures for Episode 3.

Omega Fett
04-27-2002, 02:10 AM
uh nemoid,http://www.myfigures.com/pa/index.html?item_id=197

there was a Shimi figure and i agree with Thycho,i doubt there will be a fig made of her from ATOC but knowing Hasbro well never know lol

Beast
04-27-2002, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by Tycho
I don't think Shmi Skywalker from AOTC will ever be made.
I don't know, but I think the spoiler reasons are a little too heavy for a child's line. Note: Spoilers are allowed in this forum. It just didn't need to be said IMO, but feel free to discuss it if you think it's necessary. I'm just trying to figure out how I'm going to do that scene with my figures. Customizing of course, and I saved an extra Shmi...but should I wait and hope to Hasbro...?
Depends if she's dressed differently in AOTC's. But I don't see it being to heavy for a childs toy line. After all in May we are getting a certain charecter with a pretty final action feature. And he's pretty humanized in the movie. So there is always a possibility of an AOTC's Shmi. Heck we even got a Maul that cuts in half. :D

Hell, I would love to see a couple AOTC's 2-packs sometime next year. Owen Lars w/ Beru Whitesun and Cliegg Lars w/ Shmi Skywalker-Lars :) They could even include Cliegg's cool hover chair and a nifty magnetic leg. Now that would be cool. :cool:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DARTH_SKELETOR
04-27-2002, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by Omega Fett
uh nemoid,http://www.myfigures.com/pa/index.html?item_id=197

there was a Shimi figure and i agree with Thycho,i doubt there will be a fig made of her from ATOC but knowing Hasbro well never know lol

He KNOWS there was a Shmi, thats why he said 'ALMOST'.

mark2d2
04-27-2002, 05:30 AM
R5-D4. Okay, well D'uh! That little guy goes without saying.

But I'm also dying for a more glamorous Padme/Amidala. I'd especially like the one (on Coruscant?) where she has that hairstyle that echoes that of everybody's favorite A New Hope princess. Neither of the Padme figures come close to what we've been getting with Power of the Jedi of even the later Episode I figures. Her costumes are beyond amazing -- more of them must be immortialized in plastic!

LTBasker
04-27-2002, 08:42 AM
Good ones! :D err...

I'd like to see more Ewok 2-packs but that'll probably never happen. Also would like a new Gungan Warrior figure, same accessories as last time but with more articulation and maybe a removeable hood. (Just for kicks.)

Beast
04-27-2002, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
Good ones! :D err...

I'd like to see more Ewok 2-packs but that'll probably never happen. Also would like a new Gungan Warrior figure, same accessories as last time but with more articulation and maybe a removeable hood. (Just for kicks.)
More Ewoks will most likely happen, hopefully next year we will get some. With these larger bubbles they better give us 2 in a pack, or atleast a ton of accessories. Heck, they better give us 2 in a pack, and a ton of accessories. We need or Imperial Helmet Xylephone and Basket of Woklings. And a C-3PO: Ewok Diety w/ Cheif Chirpa would be cool. :)

Another Gungan Warrior would be cool, but how about the Gungan Scouts with the Far'seen? (Gungan Macrobinoculers). It's a good idea, but I would take a Rep Teers or Rep Been: Gungan High Council Member anyday over another warrior. A female Gungan w/ Child would be cool also, and allow you to make a nice "Sacred Place" diorama. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Sith Worm
04-27-2002, 01:56 PM
Da' Donna and Rekien

Jargo
04-27-2002, 02:20 PM
Padme in that blue dress with the African inspired head dress and hairdo. The one we see her wearing in Palpatine's chambers. I think that's the one and only time Natalie comes close to looking truly beautiful and that doesn't come easy from me. The other outfits are so so. That blue one makes her look like a real Woman - no, a lady in the old fashioned sense like movie stars from the golden age. Or the white Tatooine number that shows her belly. That's a nice outfit I can't see being made for a long time. Also the blue hippy dress from Tatooine with the big swirls on the front. her hair looks really nice in that outfit, kinda tumbled and natural.

Some of the backgrounf characters like the Swokes Swokes from the nightclub or the diner patrons. The spaceport mechanics that look like they have umbrellas built into their clothing. The Tatooine posse who go after Shmi and get killed look pretty funky but won't ever get made. Handmaidens don't seem to be in favour with hasbro as we haven't had a single one yet. We might get Dorme but the others are on the Z list by the looks of it.
background Kaminoans. We'll get the main two but then nothing probably so we won't see Ko Sai the cloning supervisor or the clone teachers or the Kaminoans that mill around in the background of some scenes.

There's too many characters to list them and they all have a great look or a great role to play but Hasbro will only make a few a year from the background and they make some odd choices at that. Our best bet is to keep posting the want lists in the dear Hasbro section.

Darth Trymybestus
04-27-2002, 02:57 PM
I would love to see a Count Dooku as a Jedi figure and a younger Qui Gon Jinn so we would have master and apprentice.
Another figure I'd like to see made would have to be a new version of the Imperial Dignitary from Return of the Jedi.

mrmiller
04-27-2002, 03:41 PM
How about more Pod Racers, like a Ben Quadinaros? I see they are making a Teemo Pagalies, so thats a start. I mean, it's the best part of Episode 1- More racers!

Not that it would be that cool, but I'd like to see a handmaidan for my diaromas.

=MATT=

Beast
04-27-2002, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by mrmiller
Not that it would be that cool, but I'd like to see a handmaidan for my diaromas. =MATT=
A figure listed as Orange Handmaiden showed up on early Hasbro lists for this Winter, so you may get your wish. Hopefully they do a generic head, so that you can purcase as many as you want and use them for scenes. Another better option would to pack the handmaiden in with 4 varient heads. Padme, Sabe, Rabe, and Corde. That would be great, and the bubbles are plenty big enough to hold all the heads. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Tycho
04-27-2002, 04:14 PM
Yes I need like 20 Handmaidens for my scenes. About 3 in every scene the Queen is in. (saves space rather than doing 5 or 6).

Plus my Royal Starship will get overcrowded...

Meanwhile, those of you interested in Expanded Universe Master and Apprentice stuff:

I took Coruscant Chase Obi-Wan and put the youngest looking head (that of SNOWbi-Wan) on him and placed that new figure with Qui-Gon (Jedi Master / soft goods) and they are fighting "Keith" from Voltron figures wearing the Sith Accessory Pack robes - and wallah:

Jedi Apprentice Book # 2: "The Dark Rival" - Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan versus the Master's ex-apprentice Xanatos! (borrowing my Adi Gallia's red lightsaber, as she doesn't need it in the Jedi Council scene).

The E2 Obi-Wan body is the perfect height! Anakin / Baby Fett's bodies are too young and small for Obi-Wan in his mid-teens (as in these stories). But this custom with Qui-Gon actually looks the right size.

PROBLEM: The t-plug on Snowbi-Wan is very long and very hard to get out of him.

Boil Snowbi in water for a LONG time before you try to pop the head out. It has to be really soft. If it doesn't come easily, boil him longer if you want your new figure to still be articulated...

Then once you get Snowbi's head loose, the t-plug under the neck is still too long for the new Obi-Wan body. You could cut and glue, but he won't be articulated. I solved this problem another way: I have a Princess Leia collection Ceremony belt left over from a custom Leia I did a while back. I put that around Obi-Wan's neck like the slave collar he wore on Bandomeer. (They deactivated it but didn't have time to remove it before they were fighting Xanatos - the collar being the main reason this scene is from "The Dark Rival" and not "The Day of Reckoning.") The belt does not fit really tight enough as a slave collar, but until I find something else, it works for now. Also, I can always cut and glue later, if I decide I don't need Obi-Wan's neck articulated.

But the point of posting this here is that I don't think Hasbro will ever do any Jedi Apprentice figures and Bant, Siri, Xanatos, Ona Nobis, Guerra, a Togorrian Pirate, and more would have been great, but a young Obi-Wan would have to kick-start the whole line. I customized one because I just don't see this happening.

Too bad, really. These would be great figures!

jedihunter25
04-27-2002, 05:19 PM
It would be nice if Hasbro made a General Rieekan, Queen Amidala (victory parade),Qui-Gon (cloaked robe), and little greedo.