PDA

View Full Version : How come people don't like the 12" Wave? I thought Anakin looked kinda neat...

Dexter
04-26-2002, 08:59 PM
During my ongoing futile search for Dexter Jettster tonight, I saw the 12" Anakin for the first time. I heard most people weren't too impressed with the 12" line, and all I saw was Anakin, but I thought he looked pretty good in the package. I've never bought any of the 12"ers for lack of space/money, but I'm thinking of getting Anakin just because he's so cool-looking.

Is he really cheaply made or something once you get him out of the package? Why don't more people like him?

scruffy_lookin'
04-26-2002, 09:31 PM
I like the 12' figures, especially Anakin and ObiWan. Jango and Clonetrooper are ok in my book - but like I said Anakin kinda has this Anime style going on with him.

bigbarada
04-26-2002, 09:33 PM
Anakin is the only 12" figure I bought and I don't see why everyone has such a problem with him. He's definitely not cheaply made and his costume is especially nice. I think most collectors of the 12" military lines don't like the outdated bodies of the Star Wars line. Me I don't really have a problem with them. But, yes, I highly recommend him!:cool:

JediTricks
04-26-2002, 11:09 PM
The paint looks weak, there are fewer accessories than earlier 12", and none of them seem exciting. The only one that sells around here is the Trooper.

2-1B
04-27-2002, 01:02 AM
At first I was not thrilled with Obi-Wan's head, but once I opened him I found that by moving his head down and out of that neck-craning position he looks pretty cool.

As for Anakin, I haven't opened him yet! It's the last thing I have yet to play with. I'm not sure I'm pleased with the color of his hair, but the costume certainly looks great. I'll come back when I've opened him.

Hmmmmm, accessories. Yes, JT that is a legit complaint. How about a green saber for Anakin? Or an old pit droid? Or a peasant tunic? That wouldn't have been tough . . .