PDA

View Full Version : Rampagin' Reek! -or- Why does Hasbro want us to push the Reek's...?

Bosskman
04-16-2002, 10:20 PM
I was over at rebelscum looking at the pictures of the reek. I looked at the one of him from below when I discovered something shocking. In order to activate the sound effects you push on his DINK!!!!! This has got to be one of the most perverted toys ever! I could be wrong about this one as I have not gotten the reek yet. I'll know better in a week, as will the rest of us..........

Lord Tenebrous
04-16-2002, 11:32 PM
Rampagin' Reek was actually the initial name of the Playskool set, before it was renamed Arena Adventure. It has a child-oriented Reek that, presumably, has no dink to push. :)

The Reek beast actually looks very good, with more articulation than I initially thought. I don't care for the SFX, actually, he'll probably stay in the box...until my future kids get it, then it'll be...

"Like a virgin...touched for the very first time." :D

[Sorry, I just saw Moulin Rouge]

Bosskman
04-17-2002, 10:23 AM
The reek does look awesome and I'll be the first to get it! I still have some misgivings about the sound effects though. I think I'll take the batteries out right away. I don't know about you guys but if I leave them in, some of my electronic figures and vehicles go off at night and scare me. The thought of the ghosts in my room carressing the swolen member of a plastic representation of a large, immaginary alien beast makes me shudder.

SaeseeTiin
04-17-2002, 01:30 PM
lol Bosskman, that's happened to me before in the middle of the night with the talking episode 1 banks and the odd other item that has fallen off a shelf which sets it's off.
I can just remember it now...
'Imperial march theme' "at last we will reveal ourselves etc..."
OR
"Whistle-whistle, beep-beep, bebe bue!"
Sorry, gor a bit carried away there... :crazed:

STiin

he-ro
04-17-2002, 01:33 PM
What's a dink? (just kidding........I think).

Hellboy
04-17-2002, 06:35 PM
So basically at some point you're going to have to open the box to remove the batteries unless you want it to leak in the future. What ever happened to batteries not included?

Jargo
04-17-2002, 08:25 PM
According to the wise sages here batteries don't leak anymore so it's safe to leave them in. I've left the batteries in my Falcon since I got it and they haven't corroded yet. least i don't think they have. That battery section on the falcon aint the easiest to locate or open. Anyways, the Reek will be losing his rampagin' action as soon as i get him home and open the box, Got my little screwdriver ready to unscrew his belly and remove the power so i never have to push his dink. It's a horn, that thing where his dink should be actually, which makes it sound worse if you think that way... :eek:

Bosskman
04-17-2002, 08:43 PM
I'm gonna have to disagree with you there Jargo. That's no horn. That's, well I don't think I gotta spell it out.

LTBasker
04-17-2002, 10:24 PM
Well I don't think it's a "hornius maximus." :D

Jargo's right through, it's either the Reek's center horn or the horn on his right jaw.

I'd rather they'd have just made it non-electronic and put some feature on there like removeable body parts. :D

Bosskman
04-18-2002, 09:42 AM
The reek has no horn in his crotch, he's got three on his head, that's his one-eyed monster!!!!!

Taro
04-19-2002, 12:14 AM
This toy does not make noise or require (or include) batteries...

Beast
04-19-2002, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by Taro
This toy does not make noise or require (or include) batteries...
Errrr....I think your mixed up on what we are talking about Taro. It's the big beast critter that is coming out April 23rd, that looks sort of like a bull crossed with a strawberry. It makes noise, and includes 3 A-76 Buttoncell batteries. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Tycho
04-27-2002, 01:37 AM
OK - who's opened the Reek monster yet?

Do you know where the sound effect-claw-stomping action button is?

Aren't kids going to discuss what THAT THING looks like?

Why Hasbro?

So which ones amongst you all are playing with your Reek's wee-wee?

Doesn't anybody find this as disgusting as I do?

[on a side note, the jointed knee and stomping action totally out-does the Ronto, the last beast assort. creature to have this feature!]

Beast
04-27-2002, 02:01 AM
Ehh, I'm sure it wasn't done on purpose. I don't have the critter yet, but I rather the button was hidden on the undertide, then on the top. Atleast there it can't ruin the sculpt on the body that you normally always see. It's just a case of the company not thinking ahead about what others would think.

A smiliar thing happened with the big Tarzan Movie figure. He was in a try me package and when you pushed the button, he looked like he was pleasuring himself. They quickly moved to pull them off the shelves and Toy Biz? sent out replacements where the arm was twist-tied down. :crazed: Hope that wasn't to tasteful for ya. It's just a case of the company not wanting the button to interfere with the sculpt. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Tycho
04-27-2002, 02:05 AM
Uh, but it's more than that, JarJar.

It's not just the button that's hidden underneathe the Reek in THAT area. There is something anatomically going on there - and it's sculpted.

If you don't have the beast out of the box, uh... then you can't "look at the size of that thing!"

Now it is, but it isn't. But my point is: it shouldn't even be!

2-1B
04-27-2002, 02:10 AM
Tycho, I opened the Reek and he definitely should not have been endowed (pun intended) with this feature.

They should have levelled the sculpt in that area so it looks like the battery compartment. That didn't take much for me to figure out, how could Hasbro miss it? :confused:

Beast
04-27-2002, 02:10 AM
I have seen the pics that Yakface posted, ehh...no big deal. I guess I don't see it as a major problem. It could have been worse, they could have hidden it better by making it more realistic. I can see it now: "The Reek, The First Anatomically Correct Star Wars Charecter." :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bigbarada
04-27-2002, 02:13 AM
Seeing as I have yet to see a Reek over here, then I guess I will never know. I sure hope these things haven't been recalled because of this.:frus:

Tycho
04-27-2002, 02:15 AM
Well, maybe because they bothered to sculpt THAT, and he is not too-well endowed, that's why the Reek is all so angry, LOL!

bigbarada
04-27-2002, 02:21 AM
Is this what you are talking about? If so, it doesn't seem like such a big deal to me.

Beast
04-27-2002, 02:32 AM
Exactly BigB, can we just say that this is another case of something being blown out of preportion or what. Take a look at the underside of a real lizard and the actually look like that underneath. You arn't going to see a wee-wee, as they slip inside when not being in use. :rolleyes:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Tycho
04-27-2002, 02:33 AM
Yes, but take a close look at it from a side view. It doesn't look 'exactly' like our animal anatomy, but it does look like our Reek friend has elephantitis of the ...whatever in that area!

I'd be screaming like I was attacked by the Clone(r)s too - that is if I was him!

And moreover, think about what kids are going to say. The most basic reason why this 'feature' is questionable.

Kids don't miss an opportunity to make fun of anything, and anatomy was always on the top of my list. As you can see, I haven't matured much. But believe me, I didn't grow into this stage of immaturity, I never grew out of it. What is an adult in me was what found this disgusting.

Were I just a little bit less tactful, I'd start suggesting other "features for creatures," too.

2-1B
04-27-2002, 02:42 AM
That pic does not do it justice. You need to see it from the side, which by itself is not a big deal - but you have to push the bulge inward, and then the thing groans. Not blowing it out of proportion, just seeing it for what it is.

Tycho, as a kid I always laughed at the bum cheeks they put on Walrusman's face. Huh? They were tusks? :confused: :D

bigbarada
04-27-2002, 02:48 AM
I've seen it from the side and that is the same bulge that has been put on Jurassic Park figures for years. I'm not sure if it has ever been used to stimulate (:rolleyes: sorry ) and action feature; but it looks harmless enough until some overreacting parent decides to raise a stink.

Beast
04-27-2002, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by bigbarada
I've seen it from the side and that is the same bulge that has been put on Jurassic Park figures for years. I'm not sure if it has ever been used to stimulate (:rolleyes: sorry ) and action feature; but it looks harmless enough until some overreacting parent decides to raise a stink.
Oh this thread is gonna digenerate into giggles and snickering so fast. Thanks Tycho, I needed something like this to cheer me up. And yeah, it's just a pretty pefect representation of the underside of a large lizard type creature. Like BigB said, they have had similar sculpting on the bottom of the JP dinos for years. But since Star Wars is a bigger marketing property then JP, I bet we will see parents complaining and a whole mess over this. This is as bad as the thread about the Padme: Pilot figure that made a comment about it looking like she forgot her undies. :crazed:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DARTH_SKELETOR
04-27-2002, 03:02 AM
Uh, k. Do you look under the female figures dresses to see what you can find also?(j/k)

Oh well lol.

2-1B
04-27-2002, 03:03 AM
Degenerate into snickering? I've been snickering since I read the title of Tycho's thread. ;)

Hey, I don't have a problem with it, it's just silly. bigb and JJB, just wait'll you get one and have to reach underneath between his legs and push his button. You'll be laughing/frightened at the same time. :D

Beast
04-27-2002, 03:17 AM
Originally posted by Caesar
Hey, I don't have a problem with it, it's just silly. bigb and JJB, just wait'll you get one and have to reach underneath between his legs and push his button. You'll be laughing/frightened at the same time. :D
Hehehe, It's starting to sound like Caesar is writing the Kama Sutra for Reeks. :D I think I am gonna rupture somthing if I keep laughing so hard. :crazed: :eek:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Battle Droid
04-27-2002, 04:14 AM
At least the Reek isn't like some of the Jurassic Park 3 electronic dinosaurs, thier wee wee's come off (they're the battery covers)

LTBasker
04-27-2002, 08:39 AM
If you look on the first Jurassic Park dino toys, the "roaring" dilophosaurus figure had the same thing as the Reek only it's was about half and inch long. It's nothing new...

Starfig873
04-27-2002, 09:47 AM
"Citizens of Conglom-O! Repeat after me: Wee Wee!"
:D

Goodness all this talk about the poor animals...area...
Just let the Reek alone, poor fella's gotta battle all day long in some silly arena and now he's being mocked because of his...area...for shame! ;)

Eternal Padawan
04-27-2002, 11:39 AM
Thanks a lot Tycho. I hadn't thought of that until you brought it up and now I'll never be able to play with the reek again without feeling guilty about molesting him.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-27-2002, 01:42 PM
This better not be another Jar Jar Tongue Lollipop incident. People were supposedly raising a stink for Jar Jar's tongue looked like "male genitalia." I thought it was disturbing enough, being given the opportunity to french-kiss a Gungan!

Jason B
04-27-2002, 09:14 PM
this thread should be added to Thcho's thread about the funniest threads here. http://centralgaming.net/images/smile/lol.gif

InsaneJediGirl
04-27-2002, 09:49 PM
What if I dont want to violate Reek?!..:( And Tycho..I think the POTF2 Ronto had a...part.:confused: ...I just really dont want too look right now though.:eek:

Tycho
04-27-2002, 11:10 PM
Well, then the good news is you may be able to breed them! :D

Lord Tenebrous
04-27-2002, 11:26 PM
But what would you call it? A Roneek or a Reento?

No, let's breed the Dewback and Reek, the names are more fun. Reeback, Deweek...Dereewbackk?

Lord Malakite
04-27-2002, 11:36 PM
:rolleyes: Tycho, only you would think it was something perverted. Time to lay off those mouse droids before its too late.

Emperor Howdy
04-28-2002, 12:31 AM
My Reek is my "special friend"...........heh-heh-heh-heh-heh...::wipes nose, snorts, and pushes up glasses::....heh-heh-heh-heh-heheh........My Reek makes me feel funny......heh-hehe-heh-heh-he-heh-hehe-hehe-hehe-heh-heh......My Reek likes to play the Candy Cane game.......hehe-eheh-hehe-hehe-hehe-hehe-heh-he-heh-heh-heh-heh......My Reek likes spankings.....hehe-hehe-eheh-heh-heh-heh-heh-heh......My Reek li.........Oh, hey Mom. What? Oh nothing....it's just a...errr...."Reek". God, Mom, no I wasn't! No I wasn't! I was scrathing off paint! Jeez, can you just shut the door? Ok...I will.................love you too........goodnight.

heheh-hehe-heh-heh-heh-heh.........Hi. Me again.....and my Reek.....HEH-HEHE-HEH-HEHE-HEH-HEH-HEH

Beast
04-28-2002, 12:38 AM
:eek: The Horror...The Horror. :eek:

Look at what you started Tycho!. Someone needs to cut down on his mouse droids, young man. :D And Howdy, seriously man....get some help. Only you can help you. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Tycho
04-28-2002, 12:46 AM
Maybe that's why all the Reeks we buy are horny.

Lord Malakite
04-28-2002, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by Tycho
Maybe that's why all the Reeks we buy are horny.

You had to say it, didn't you? :eek:

Lord Tenebrous
04-28-2002, 01:23 AM
We can't help it, the prequels are just filled with horny people. I mean, ANH had Labria, but we now have the Reek, Mas Amedda, Shaak Ti, Eeth Koth, Darth Maul, Saesee Tiin, Dexter Jettster, the Neimodians' hats, heck, even Jar Jar's ears were a little horny.

I think it's a reflection on Lucas. He likes the horn, eh? :crazed:

Jason B
04-28-2002, 01:30 AM

bigbarada
04-28-2002, 02:20 AM
Anybody remember the "erect" Threepio trading card from back in the 70s?

Bosskman
04-28-2002, 07:56 PM
I just got the Reek today, a really cool beast if you ask me. I was right on the money and then some when it comes to pushing on his dink! First you toch it lightly and he roars (he actually does this in the box if you turn it upside down or shake it) then you push it alll the way in and he roars some more, kicks both front legs, and raises his head. This is truly sick, I know.........

NesteaFett
04-28-2002, 08:30 PM
So, I can officially say I'm not the only perverted fan to notice the..."Dink" on this freak-nasty son of a gun. Still, I have no problem touching his privates to make him scream. Oops, that didn't come out right...I'll be in the other room.

JediTricks
04-29-2002, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by Starfig873
"Citizens of Conglom-O! Repeat after me: Wee Wee!"Holy crap, I didn't know anybody but me remembered that ep of Rocko's Modern Life!!!

BTW, "thread closed". I can't believe how quickly this thread got bad during my day and a half off the forums. I shoulda known, it started bad.

gibbspaulus
06-11-2002, 08:19 AM
Erm, am I the only person who has concerns over the shape and location of the Reek's roar button?

Hasbro - you sick puppies!

JEDIpartner
06-11-2002, 08:58 AM
We brought this up in an earlier thread. Someone (possibly Tycho) brought this up at CELEBRATION. They dubbed it the "Wee wee Button". The Hasbro reps said that they couldn't put it anywhere else without ruining the sculpt.

Forhekset
06-11-2002, 11:16 AM
Oh man...not THIS thread again. :rolleyes:

Beast
06-11-2002, 12:35 PM
Run away, Far away. Run Silent, Run Deep. :rolleyes: Oh, incase you're a glutton for punishment, here are the previous 2 threads about this. :crazed:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7026

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7707

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
06-11-2002, 12:38 PM
I think I may just take the batteries out of mine and not worry about the "bucking" feature if I get one. It's understandable that they didn't want to ruin the sculpt (more or less) but it's not like that HAVE to make anatomically correct - especially since it only exists in CGI. :D

Mandalorian Candidat
06-11-2002, 03:54 PM
I'd rather push your button than pull your finger. :crazed: :dead:

Jargo
06-11-2002, 04:06 PM
Finger......? :eek:

JEDIpartner
06-11-2002, 04:24 PM
...Don't let it linger.

odi-wan windu
06-11-2002, 07:28 PM
yes.