PDA

View Full Version : Question for those that have the AOTC novel?

Battle Droid
04-27-2002, 02:59 AM
Does it say rather or not Nute Gunray is killed?

Also is Lott Dodd in the novel?

Eternal Padawan
04-27-2002, 08:11 AM
I flipped thru the end of the book and the last time you see Nute and Poggle is when Dooku takes the schematics for the DS from them. They might be on some of those TF core ships that take off and get blown up, but it doesnt specifically say Nute dies.

Don't know about Lott Dodd, unless he's in the senate scenes.

DeadEye
04-27-2002, 08:51 AM
In the script, Nute is killed by Jango's flamethrower.

Pendo
04-27-2002, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by DeadEye
In the script, Nute is killed by Jango's flamethrower.

I heard this somewhere too, but aren't they both on the same side?

PENDO!

DeadEye
04-27-2002, 11:28 AM
Yes they are. Jango is aiming at Mace Windu, but Mace jumps out of the way and the flame just happens to hit Nute.

Lord Tenebrous
04-27-2002, 11:30 AM
Jango's going after Mace, he fires his flamethrower, but Mace leaps out the way, and Nute gets hit. Mace's cloak caught fire, though, so he's quick to discard it (as seen at the the beginning of the Official Site's "Good to G.O.")

Edit: Blimey! Foiled again! :crazed:

Pendo
04-27-2002, 11:38 AM
Thanx for the info guys! I really cannot wait to see this movie!

Where'd you get that storyboard sequence, it's cool!

PENDO!

derek
04-28-2002, 06:30 PM
i was reading thru the book last night, and noticed that qui-gon makes an appearance. well, his voice does, when anakin is going postal in the tusken camp. he's telling anakin to stop what he's doing.

i hope this will be in the film, kinda how obi-wan spoke to luke in episode 4.:)

Beast
04-28-2002, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by derek
i was reading thru the book last night, and noticed that qui-gon makes an appearance. well, his voice does, when anakin is going postal in the tusken camp. he's telling anakin to stop what he's doing.

i hope this will be in the film, kinda how obi-wan spoke to luke in episode 4.:)
Ooooo, that is pretty sweet. I'm betting that it is in the film. Wasn't Rick McCallum's comment about Qui-Gon Jinn say that he doesn't appear in the Episode II. Well, a disembodied voice isn't actually the charecter appearing in the movie. Pretty sneaky there Ricky Boy. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Bosskman
04-28-2002, 06:47 PM
Nute Gunray is alive at the end of the novel. He's with Poggle and Dooku, when the whole DS plan scene takes place. That happens AFTER the arena scenes with Jango. They might change that in the movie though.

JEDIpartner
04-28-2002, 07:28 PM
Fried Neimoidian... Mmmmm- It tastes just like chicken!!

DeadEye
04-28-2002, 08:00 PM
Yes,...although the skin is a bit green, slimy and moist. :p

chewie
04-28-2002, 09:29 PM
Ewww. You just had to type "fried neimoidian". Just thinking of that dish sounds all kind of nasty. :)

2-1B
04-29-2002, 12:07 PM
In addition to Qui-Gon crying out to Anakin, Yoda also hears his voice while in deep meditation, probing the dark side.

I'd like to see Nute bite it in the movie, it would be appropriate since he wants Padme to die. Plus, there's plenty of villainy to be seen in Episode III, I'd hate for the Nute character to get in the way. :)

Pendo
04-29-2002, 12:13 PM
There was a discussion about where one of the last shots were, the one of all the Clonetroopers. I don't know if we came to a conclusion but will someone who's read the book please tell me where they are?

PENDO!

BanthaPoodoo
04-29-2002, 03:49 PM
*********** SPOILER ALERT ***************

This is one of the last scenes of the film (according to the book the next to the last scene) I had said in another post that it ends with Yoda looking over them but it doesnt. Mace Anakin & Yoda are in another building talking....

If I remember correctly, the troops are getting into the ships (the ones that look like star destroyers that they show in the trailer) & Palpatine & a few others are looking over it.....

The actual last scene is Anakin/Padme/R2/C3PO at the wedding....

(I finished the book the other day but loaned it to my sister. That & the fact I am at work I cant give a good quote :(:(:()

Darth Spectre
05-01-2002, 10:08 PM
I hope that Qui-Gon's voice does make it into the movie, along with Yoda's reaction to it. Yoda being so startled by hearing the voice while meditating was very interesting to me. It certainly implies that the whole Jedi spirit concept was not well known or known at all during the prime of the Jedi. Yoda knows what he is hearing...but seemingly doesn't have an explanation for it. Good stuff. The book was a good read, though it is hard to see all the CGI effects in your head while reading the book. Anyone listen to the soundtrack? Why is the Imperial March in some parts? I love that piece...but that is Darth Vader's theme, so it does seem out of place in EP II, even with Anakin's first steps towards the dark side occurring in this film.

Dferguson
05-03-2002, 11:20 PM
They better not kill Nute! Nute Gunray is one of my fave charactors in Episode one beleive it or not so is Rune Haako
now you guys got me worked up and cant wait for may 16th to see if he lives or not:cry: :frus: