PDA

View Full Version : EP II Galoob die casts?

halcon orlus
04-27-2002, 06:15 AM
Galoob MM EpII diecast ships:

Is there any word on if this line will be continued despite poor EpI sales? Any ideas what ships/speeders it might contain?

good shot jansen
04-27-2002, 07:58 AM
i had a chance to stop into targets this week, and of course found nothing that i'm interested in at all. i did see those ridiculous keychain thingies of the speeders (anakin's and wessels, as well as slave 1). they are manufactured in the same size as the die casts (prolly came from the same molds)(assuming that they're even gonna offer us die-casts:frus: ), the detail was not horrendous, but the colors used are incredibly garish, loud and down right butt ugly.:rolleyes:

i'm not sure if it was due to the horrendous paint job, but the overall quality of these guys did not impress me. they actually reminded me of the star force bootlegs. they just didn't feel like a real bona-fide micro machines type toy.

btw, that blue packaging stinks! it really cheapens the whole line. any desire which i might have had to pick up one of the larger toys (jedi star fighter, slave !, or the speeders), was stopped dead in it's tracks by that childish new packaging. yuck! i thought it looke dbad in the photos we had seen prior, well let me tell you, the photo's are supreme compared to what these things look like in the flesh.

JediTricks
04-29-2002, 03:08 AM
GSJ, those Force Link vehicles are not from DC molds, the electronics require them to be all-new from what I understand.

Hasbro has said nothing about DC, it looks like it's in the same limbo as MM for now, however, we'll be talking to LFL about this issue hopefully soon...