PDA

View Full Version : The Punisher

Eternal Padawan
04-27-2002, 07:09 AM
After that crap Dolph Ludgren film from ages ago, they are giving Frank Castle another shot at the big screen. I don't know any details yet, but if anyone from casting is listening, I have two words for you.

Michael Wincott.

That is all.

Sith Worm
04-27-2002, 12:09 PM
That would be great the Dolf movie sucked so bad maybe we could even get the skull this time..

JediTricks
04-29-2002, 02:03 AM
Well, hopefully it'll be as good as Blade and not as bad as Blade II. I must admit, that Dolph Lundgren flick was utterly repulsive. I hear this film is the one that caused Marvel to bench Blade and X-men for years before Blade got the final green light.

bigbarada
04-29-2002, 02:37 AM
Was Blade 2 that bad, JT? I had heard some good things about it. I'm having some trouble placing the name Michael Wincott, EP, do you have a picture?

Eternal Padawan
04-29-2002, 07:37 AM
No pictures. He's a dark haired, gravelly voiced character actor. He often wears his hair long (or wears wigs) but when his hair is short I can immediately see a skull on his chest. Complete badass. The perfect Frank Castle.

He was Guy of Gisborne in Robin Hood
He was the main baddie in The Crow
He was the record producer in Strange Days
He was the bad guy in Metro
He was the head merc in Alien Ressurection
He was the kidnapper in Along Came A Spider
He was the warden in Count of Monte Cristo

Among others

Wolfwood319
04-29-2002, 08:54 AM
He was also in that awesome Disney version of Three Musketeers! That guy is really good at being that type of bad guy, IMO. I loved him in the Crow. I think he'd make a good Punisher, although the character is a little different than the one he is usually cast as.

I thought Blade 2 was better than the first one.

I'd be interested in seeing a new Punisher movie done. It always amazed me at how bad that Dolph Ludgren movie was, especially since I never thought that it would be that hard to make a Punisher movie. :rolleyes:

JediTricks
04-30-2002, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada
Was Blade 2 that bad, JT? I had heard some good things about it. I'm having some trouble placing the name Michael Wincott, EP, do you have a picture? IMO, it was pretty bad. I really liked the first one, and felt this one was just a cheap hollywood imitation. There are a lot of differing views on these forums about the film though: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5741

My opinion about it is clearly stated in post #12 in that thread.

Wolfwood, I didn't know there was anybody on this planet besides me who liked that version of 3 Musketeers!

Eternal Padawan
09-05-2002, 07:42 AM
Casting Update.

Producer Gale Ann Hurd and Director Jonathan Hensleigh are looking at Adam Garcia for the role of Frank Castle. Euugh. the only thing I've seen young Mr Garcia in Coyote Ugly as the "boyfriend" character, but he just seems like mmmm...oh, I don't know NOT THE PUNISHER!

Nothing is finalized as yet, so maybe they will come to their senses and pick someone else (like Mike Wincott, hint, hint)...

ROLLO!

QLD
09-05-2002, 08:37 AM
JT,

I have stated bfore that I also enjoyed that version of the 3 Musketeers. Just not that song that was on the soundtrack! ;)

JediTricks
09-05-2002, 04:12 PM
Soundtracks are meant to sell albums these days, not movies IMO, so I try to forgive most soundtrack mistakes. The only one of that recent era I can even think of that might work ok is that syrupy tune from Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves - I don't like the song, but it's not entirely alien to the film.

EP, I'm beginning to think that Warner Brothers has ruined casting directors forever with all the stunt casting they have pulled off over the past 15 years or so. It seems to me like casting a film is too often just a mistake in the waiting rather than picking the right person for the part.