PDA

View Full Version : Christian Collector/fan club.All are welcome

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Dryanta
05-30-2002, 01:34 PM
you've got a Pm as wellBrown droid.

I have come back and edited this post for the sake of praise and clarity.
I want you guys all to know that Brown droid is a young man with real character.He was concerned he couldn't pay for a couple of figures.
And didn't want me to send them til he could pay.Character plain and simple.Big b also had to have a minute or two to get used to how I do things,browndroid.
I trust you all.I trade figure for figure and cover the shipping.Whether or not I need anything right now.I'll help as I can when I can and don't care when it comes around.If you can help another here it's the same as helping me.I keep no tabs.I don't worry about shipping,and i don't consider one figure worth more than another.If I am in need then it's worth asking for help.That's all.
With that said I hope you all understand that if you ask me to look for something I'll ship when I find it.That's also why I requested pms of everyones address to save time.I'll get it(if I can ) and ship it,and post here it's on it's way.
Easy for everyone.Cool ? Cool.
Now for those of you with a Target in the area,I'll need help in July with the exclusive figures they've got coming.I'll never be able to hit the one 75 miles away at the right time.
I guess the dates of our Jersey trip are set.I'll post for sure Tomorrow.So if anything comes up in the need area let me know so I can add to my list if needed.
BigB needs Bespin Wave
Palpatine,and a rebel fleet trooper POTJ
Mylow is in need of Boshek,teebo,and R4M9.
Jango needs a Swimming Jar Jar and battle damaged Destroyer droid.
And I'm guessing every one is in need of Chewie,Han,Djas and possibly the new Mual?Also how about Nexu and DLX anakin?
I am in need of all the really new stuff myself.I'm good through the bespin wave except for a bloody Luke.

bigbarada
05-30-2002, 02:37 PM
I'll be on the lookout for those accessory sets. We have two Targets in my area, both about an hours drive away but I think I can talk my brother into going up there since he likes to get exclusives too. The accessory sets are what you are talking about right? Unless there are some other Target exclusives I haven't heard about.

I don't need the new Maul, Han or Djas Puhr; but the Nexu would kick butt!:) As you can probably tell, I am not a completist when it comes to collecting. I used to be, but got tired of amassing boxes of figures that I didn't like. Out of every 5 or 6 new figures there are probably only one or two that I want. I've also limited myself to one vehicle per movie (Although if Hasbro makes all the cool ones from the Geonosis Battle, I will have a hard time sticking to that rule). This is due more to space restrictions than anything else. (Queen's Starship for TPM, Falcon for ANH, TIE Bomber {soon :) } for ESB and A-Wing for ROTJ) I've decided to get the Gunship and am hoping that we see an AT-TE soon along with those Spider-Droids and Techno Union Roller Droids.

Jason B
05-30-2002, 04:15 PM
what? no X-wing? ;)

Dryanta
05-30-2002, 04:58 PM
Hey BigB.Where are you getting a Tie Bomber? ;)
I'll mark off the Han,Djas,and Maul.I'll mark you down for a Nexu.And yes it's the accessory sets.July I guess.
I am a completeist to an extent.I have only picked a few things I wish I hadn't.I only buy what I like.But I like about 98% of it!!lol

bigbarada
05-30-2002, 05:12 PM
Oops, forgot about the upcoming X-Wing. That's going to be a hard one to say 'no' to also.

I had thought about getting the Endor Han, but am a little apprehensive about his action feature. I figured I would just wait to see him in person before deciding whether to buy him or not.

browndroid
05-30-2002, 05:24 PM
when do those target exclusives come out? i'll keep checking my target. ill be going to the mall tomorow so i can get a 18th birthday present for my brother so ill check for the new figs there too

Jason B
05-30-2002, 06:15 PM
look at the attachment.

Jason B
05-30-2002, 06:18 PM
now you tell me that we're the only ones visiting here. I for one, strongly doubt it. there's no way that we alone have visited here over 3000 times. there's other people watching us, and i want to know why they dont post. seriously, please, anyone who hasn't posted yet, please do. we arent going to make fun of you or anything. :p

and if you dont want to post, just PM us until you want to talk to us in an open forum.

JetsAndHeels
05-30-2002, 11:32 PM
Hey Dryanta,
I am not too concerned about those Ep1 figures really. They were just the only EP1 figures I never found. If you find the Jar Jar that would be cool, but its not a high priority. However, if you do see a Palpatine, I would like that. He is very hard to find here in NC. But if you only find one, make sure BigB gets that one. He requested it first so its only fair.
I am still searching for that Bespin Luke. I have been all over looking for that thing. Went hunting today and still had no luck. I will keep looking though. Thanks alot.

Mace Windex
05-31-2002, 12:51 AM
Hey gang,

I see someone needs the Bo Shek wave. I just saw ALL of the figs at my TRU today!!
What I need is the bloody hand Luke.
I have seen every Ep II fig here except for Palpatine and maybe one of the area cat (whatever it is called).

JesusFreak
05-31-2002, 01:37 AM
Hey all, I'm 14 now YaY! :D anyways, my church does this thing every year called vacation bible school, you guys churches might do it too but I just ask that you pray for it, just pray that the Lord will touch the kids' hearts and that there'll be new believers because of it :) Also please pray for me, that I'll be able to memorize my lines (the youth do a little skit each night monday-friday), and that I'll just grow in my relationship with the Lord.

God Bless :)

JetsAndHeels
05-31-2002, 01:58 AM
We will pray for you and your church, JesusFreak. Good luck to you in your skits. I know you will do fine. God Bless.

bigbarada
05-31-2002, 02:15 AM
Happy Birthday, JesusFreak! You should have a good time at Vacation Bible school. I remember going to those as a kid, they were always a lot of fun. We will be praying that many kids will come to know the Lord and that you remember your lines for your skit.:) Is it just one skit that you repeat over five days or five different skits?

browndroid
05-31-2002, 02:17 AM
yeah, we do a vacation bible school every year also, we dont do it until like august or something though. hey happy birthday:D :crazed: :D

JesusFreak
05-31-2002, 02:53 AM
Thanks guys! And it's 5 different skits, plus we do another new one on sunday, and I only have one memorized! :crazed:

Dryanta
05-31-2002, 08:12 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
And I will definately hold up your VBS in prayer.and you as well.
Morning Mace,Mylow(Kuzu) is in need of the Bo Shek wave.If you can help him out please post it so we can scratch them of our look out list.
I will be on the look out for all three for you Jango.I'm hoping to take off in the A.M. to hit that small store I mentioned,TRU and Target.We will see what we can find.
Hey Mace!How about a brief over view about your self?A testimony maybe.All of ours are around here.Mine is over in a different thread.There is a link to it in the first post of thid thread.
oops had to come back.
Did any of you get the majorly discounted Action figure archive book from Walden Books.I reall wanted one and couldn't find any around here.Might be nice to have to try and restore the vintage figures I mentioned before.

Grif
05-31-2002, 03:30 PM
Hey, is anyone here going to the Creation Festival?
And Happy B-Day JesusFreak!

bigbarada
05-31-2002, 05:28 PM
Never heard of the Creation Festival, what is it?

Dryanta, my brother has a copy of that book and it is an excellent reference for all the figures. It's made by the same publishers who made the ultra-cool Star Wars Chronicles book, which I managed to get for only $75 about a year ago. I've been wanting a copy of the Action Figure Archive as well, but it seems to be not in print anymore. I'm hoping that they either make an update (since it only goes as far as previewing the 1998 releases) or I can find one used somewhere. You might want to try Amazon, who knows? I'll be on the lookout down here, maybe the Barnes and Noble in El Paso has a couple copies still lying around.

I've been giving some thought to the issue of people looking in here but not posting. If you look at the Orlando Collectors Club they match us in posts (516 as of this post) but surpass us in views (they have over 3500 right now and we have over 3100). So maybe that is reflective of just normal everyday traffic, or maybe both clubs have a large number of people looking in but not posting. It does kind of show that we aren't getting any special attention from moderators. Which is good.

browndroid
05-31-2002, 05:59 PM
yeah, not to mention each of us probably checks here several times a day

Jason B
05-31-2002, 06:37 PM
I need some help. I'm registered at a couple other forum sites, and someone came up with a topic saying that the Lord is coming back.

Hes comeing back in the machines.

He will burn the four citys of the earth.

We are gods unwanted children now.

We were a mistake.

He made us too smart too quickly and now he wants rid of us.

I see it now.

I see him in the blank faces.

I see it in the iron that marches.

I see it in the faces of our young.

He wants a war, and hes bringing it right to us.

This war we will not survive.

i was hoping that someone could help me out by registering at the Seriously (http://forums.seriouscommunity.com/index.php?s=) forums, or at the least helping me out with what to say.

bigbarada
05-31-2002, 07:14 PM
Sounds like a twist of some AI dialog, especially the "he made us too smart too quickly" part. Honestly, I wouldn't say anything in response, just leave him alone. Looks like just an attention grabbing ploy to me. I'll stop over there a little later tonight to check it out, after I get back from the store.

BTW, Dryanta, my brother only has the one loose Yoda that he liberated from his kids a couple weeks ago. It's still in good shape but is now missing his cane. If you're not interested, I understand.

Dryanta
05-31-2002, 08:37 PM
Hey BigB,
At this point I'm not sure if I'm interested or not.I'm leaning towards a wait and see tactic about whether or not there will be AOTC Yoda.
Barnes and Noble here has one copy of the archive for $30.There was post awhile back where alot of people were finding them for like $5.Just curious if any of you had found them.It was Walden books that was selling them at that price.Would be nice.
I haven't heard of it either Mylow.
I went over to the site J posted.No where near the same level of discussion we had here awhile back.I'll more than likely find myself over there.My nephew seems to have a concern for these people so I do too.
I did tell him he did the right thing in asking for help.Don't let a zealous heart get you in over your head.
Probably just go over and drop a salvo in and wait and see where it goes.There maybe another that is waiting there,I don't want to take the chance and not go.Maybe just me.
Time is short gentleman,no matter what.I'm increasingly more afraid of missing opportunities then ever before.

good points about the orlando club BigB.I was curious and poped over there.They have been up and running since 8/01.
They have had a much longer time to amass view numbers like that.I agree about the moderators as well.I am curious who is looking and why.
If someone hasn't posted here Please do.You are welcome.If you have read what has happened you know we're not some cult or a bunch of nut cases.Anyway you are more than welcome to come here and participate.Be aware though we can all live without any friction or covert attempts to harass.If you have questions you would like to have answered feel free.But only if you really want them answered from our biblical POV.Not a POV that makes you all warm and fuzzy.O.K.? cool.

Mace Windex
05-31-2002, 10:41 PM
Hi guys!
A testimony? To the Lord? If anyone wants to read my story head on over to my web site (listed below) and go to my message board link. There, you will find a spiritual message forum and my message.
So I should be on the lookout for one each from the Bo wave? Perfect cards or will they be opened?

Dryanta
05-31-2002, 10:53 PM
Thanks Mace,I will go over tomorrow.And Yes I think Mylow is in need of all three,Bo Shek,Teebo,and R4M9.
Jango,BigB I'm on my way to TRU and the small store tomorrow morning.Tycho posted he has found Chewie,Han,Obi pilot.So maybe i'll hit The mother load.Be back around later in the day tomorrow.
I didn't get your package out today Browndroid.Sorry I got distracted big time.They'll be on their way soon enough.Again sorry

JetsAndHeels
05-31-2002, 11:12 PM
Thanks alot Dryana. Have a fun and safe trip.
I appreciate all your help.

bigbarada
06-01-2002, 12:09 AM
Well, nothing at Wal-Mart tonight. The Royal Guard is becoming much more plentiful so that is good, when I get more money I will probably pick up a couple more. Until then I am happy with the two I have now.

My internet bill is due tomorrow so there goes the last of my money. Oh well, it's worth it to be able to come here everyday.

Thanks again for the help on the wallpaper, Jason! That was awesome!:cool:

Well, I'll head over to those other message forums Jason mentioned here in a minute after I do my rounds here. Talk to you all later.

Jason B
06-01-2002, 12:54 AM
I'll give you a direct link (http://forums.seriouscommunity.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15939) to it. ;) BTW: I'm Ugly SOB over there.
nah, the wallpaper took what, 15 mins, tops? no big deal. :)

bigbarada
06-01-2002, 01:18 AM
Already registered over there.:) I'm under the name BugBear and have Yoda as my avatar. I checked out the thread you were talking about and I have to think and pray a little bit before deciding how best to approach this one. If God wants me to approach it at all.

There does come a time when you just have to abandon certain people and focus your energy on people who will listen. Remember what Jesus said in Matthew ch 7, vs 6, "Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces." I'll come up with a few verses of scripture and see how those are taken before I decide whether to push it further.

I really like that name BugBear, and I am tempted to re-register here under that name and kind of start over with a new identity. If you guys see forumites under the names of Wooooof or AYodaNamedBilly around, those are me too. If I do change my name I'll be sure to post here to keep you guys up to date.:)

browndroid
06-01-2002, 02:29 AM
hey no prob dryanta, well didnt see anything, does anyone need a yoda? we get them alot here so...

Grif
06-01-2002, 11:13 AM
Has anyone seen any Count Dooku figs? They aren't in any stores here.
Oh and Creation is a 3 day Cristian music festival. They have all kinds of music. And it only happens once a year on the East and once a year on the West.

Dryanta
06-01-2002, 05:14 PM
Grif!! Great to have you here!!!Don't be a stranger.
I managed to get a rebel fleet trooper for BigB today and that was it.The small store I spoke of didn't have either of your needs Jango,really sorry.Dookus have been here and gone.Hit or miss really.I was at 6 stores today and dion't see one Yoda or Dooku.
I am getting concerned about being able to get any new stuff.The pegs are clogged with 4/23 figures,the first 14 anyway.Not looking good for the home team.

bigbarada
06-01-2002, 10:44 PM
Things might be looking even grimmer since Cloud City Chewie is only being packed one per case. Although I think the Bespin wave should become more common.

Well, today we had a kind of unexpected family reunion. My uncle Bill is a truck driver and he stopped by that truck-stop Texaco station I mentioned earlier. He gave us a call and we all headed down to talk to him. That was probably the first time I've seen him in almost eleven years. I remember seeing him, along with the rest of my mom's side of the family when I got out of Basic Training. Turns out his son, Bobby, who my brother and I used to pick on all the time as kids, is now over 6'2" tall and almost 300 pounds and is now a father too.:eek: I guess no more teasing him.:) Supposedly my uncle passes through here all the time, so hopefully we will be able to see him more often.

browndroid
06-02-2002, 03:24 AM
well didnt find anything, going to walmart after chruch though

SuperBattleDroid88
06-02-2002, 12:01 PM
I'm gonna look around today.... Maybe find something... cough.. Chewbacca... cough... Palpatine....cough cough....10 figures I need to be caught up to #40!!!!!!!!!!

ok that was a stupid post...... :crazed:

mylow thehutt
06-02-2002, 01:43 PM
hay guys,had a busy week went to monster jam with a friend,I see we have new posters in here, welcome, hope you enjoy this forum as much as we do. Ok Iam a littel embaressed to ask but who is Nate?still no new figs,people are finding the chewy wave and I can't even find the Free taa wave.Oh well maby my luck will change.

Jason B
06-02-2002, 01:50 PM
Big B is Nate.
I like your Sig. :D

bigbarada
06-02-2002, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by mylow thehutt
Ok Iam a littel embaressed to ask but who is Nate?

Good question, who is that?;)

j/k mylow, I've been known to go by Nate from time to time. It's a good thing that just happens to be my first name.:D

Welcome, SBD88! Good to see you!:)

Dryanta
06-02-2002, 01:52 PM
Nate is top secret.that's my fault.I have a bad habit of using real names sometimes.BigB
Welcome superbattledroid 88.Make yourself at home.Alot of great people here.

bigbarada
06-02-2002, 02:03 PM
Not a problem, Dave.:) BTW, what's Jason B's first name?;)

I forgot to thank you for picking up the RFT for me, Dryanta. That's cool. Thanks!:cool:

Just an interesting note. I was going to the grocery store with my dad yesterday and we passed by a church that is set up on the main street of this town. Y'know how most church's have those bulletin boards and they will put "inspirational" messages on? Well, this church has put some fairly questionable saying up there; but yesterday I glanced at one kind of out of the corner of my eye. It's almost like it was burned into my mind from then on, because I can't stop thinking about what was said up there. Especially considering the discussions we have had on this board about the Bible and Jesus Christ. The saying was:

"Jesus only spoke the truth. He never gave opinions."

mylow thehutt
06-02-2002, 02:11 PM
:)Ok so BigB is Nate, got ya.well my first name is Josh :D

mylow thehutt
06-02-2002, 02:12 PM
mylow is my dogs name.

JetsAndHeels
06-02-2002, 02:28 PM
Hey Dryanta, thanks for looking for me. Dont worry about not finding that stuff. You made the effort, so I appreciate it greatly.
I am a little worried about finding new stuff too. I have been searching high and low for Palpatine but it is almost like he doesnt exist. The newest thing I have found is the Endor Rebel Trooper, but I passed on him because my money is tight and I think the POTF2 version is a better sculpt. Oh well, eventually something should become available.
And since we are discussing the first names, mine is Steve. I think everyone on here knows that, but just in case not there it is.

Jason B
06-02-2002, 02:31 PM
my name is Pete. ;)

sir wilbur copeland
06-02-2002, 02:44 PM
Hi everyone in this thread. I'm new to this site, but i't cool to meet other Christians.

I am a former missionary/youth pastor. I've been back home here in WV for a little over a year. I spent the previous 5 yrs in Puerto Rico.

I'm not a big collector like you guys, but i've enjoyed reading some of the prior postings. I have a couple dozen figures from tpm, but haven't bought any from clones yet.

I'm one of those people who will not even look at a cereal box with pictures on it until after i've seen the movie, so i just checked out the new figures for the first time a few days ago.

Look forward to getting to know everyone here!

JetsAndHeels
06-02-2002, 02:50 PM
Glad to have you with us, Sir Wilbur. There are some really good people on here and I think you will enjoy your time with us.
So you are from Beckeley? I went white water rafting up there a couple of times. Beautiful area there.
I bet you have some interesting experiences you could share with us about your time as a youth leader and missionary.
By the way, and I am speaking to everyone here, did I mention my father was a minister? That is how I have been brought up in such a Christian home and atmosphere. I dont think I ever mentioned it. Anyways my parents were also missionaries. They ended up going to the Dominican Republic over in the Carribbean. I was only about 10 at the time, but I remember going over there. Very interesting. An experience I will never forget.

sir wilbur copeland
06-02-2002, 02:54 PM
cool good to hear from you Jango!

I lived in South Africa for 3 yrs too! and my parens are still in PR.

bigbarada
06-02-2002, 02:55 PM
Good to see you here, Sir Wilbur!:) We're getting a nice little group going here aren't we?

So what did you think of AOTC?

sir wilbur copeland
06-02-2002, 04:28 PM
After careful consideration and three viewings so far, I think Clones is the best yet.

I wrote a long post about it on another thread. I'm not sure where. Can I find it and copy it here, or what? I'll try.

sir wilbur copeland
06-02-2002, 04:30 PM
ps. BigB - thanks for backing me up on that thing about Portman being Jewish

sir wilbur copeland
06-02-2002, 04:33 PM
Yoiu'll have to excuse the context, but these are my thoughts.
Tricks- you make some very good points about Empire that I hadn't considered. But lets think about it on 2 different levels.

1. Story - this could be the plot, characters and their developement etc.

2. Setting - this would include obviously sets, special effects camera angles etc.

While the setting dramatically influences the story and vice versa, i think it would be wise to think of it this way. The setting is just the pan - the pie inside the pan is what we love and that is the story.

Clones takes us into new and exciting worlds like Kamino (sp) and Geonosis. We get to look at the real training of padawans, the archives, "downtown" Coruscant, and new parts of Naboo. All of these were especially exciting - far more so than Hoth, Degobah and Bespin in my opinion. But what Clones brought us, that none else could was the return to Luke's home on Tatooine. That moment overwhelmed me. Even down to seeing the land speeder and the blue juice that Luke drank some 20 years later. Nostalgia!

But that was only the pan - now for the pie! Clones took us deep into the heart of Anakin. It showed us Obi-wan's incredible strength and his fateful weaknesses. It showed us the manuevering of Sidious in his creation of the army that he will use to seize power, his courting of Anakin, and the disarray of the Jedi counsil. It took us deeper into Amidala's thought process and her prestige/power and her weakness. It showed us Yoda as we all dreamed he would have been (perhaps overdone a little in my opinion). We saw the beginnings of the villain Boba Fett - awesome! It showed us Owen and Beru - didn't they look like them?! ----- Clones unfolded so much. It succeeded where I felt Menace failed - it filled in so many gaps. I know that Menace was made to establish context, and it succeeded at that, but it didn't answer my questions like Clones did.

Perhaps it's unfair to compare Clone to Empire in this respect because Clones delivered in a way that empire could not because the originals are what make the prequels so imporrtant to us. I don't know - but I do feel that one way or another, and perhaps in all ways Clones delivered like no other before it. It's hard to go back to the beginning and remember how you felt then, but after watching Clones 3x I think it's the most impacting.

mylow thehutt
06-02-2002, 04:53 PM
Hay you guys excited about the new figures comming out this year, I can't wait for the new Tusken with massif.how bout you guys.also who is going to collect the unleshed figs,them guys are cool,any one see them out?

Dryanta
06-02-2002, 05:12 PM
welcome sir wilbur,
I couldn't help but say welcome.And I am glad that you found us!!!
Pete??!! Last name Bilt?
I have to wonder off and eat.I'll be around later maybe.
For those that don't know my name is Dave.
Figures out in the A.M. Browndroid.
Couple more weeks on the Layaway BigB.RFT will be riding with the others.
No luck on the Boshek wave Mylow."the dogs name was Mylow"
No problem at All Jango.I'm still looking.Maybe in Jersey in a couple weeks.
ANd yes I'm almost always excited about new figures!!
I'll try and get back later guys.
And that is a quote that is 100% true BigB .Thanks for sharing that.It fits well with recent discustions.

mylow thehutt
06-02-2002, 05:28 PM
Thats ok Dryanta Thax for trying man, Mace Windex PMed me and said he found the wave.also any one find the chewy wave yet?

JetsAndHeels
06-02-2002, 06:43 PM
I will definately get the Unleashed Jango and Boba figure. That one looks pretty good.

mylow thehutt
06-02-2002, 07:20 PM
I don't know Jango96 just heard these things will be going for $16.00,might just one or 2.

JetsAndHeels
06-02-2002, 07:24 PM
Well the Jango and Boba are the same figure, so that will probably be the only one I get, unless they release another one I really want.

sir wilbur copeland
06-03-2002, 12:30 AM
Hey Jango....I say go Canes too! I hate Detroit. I'm a big Pens fan so I love Ronnie Francis.

bigbarada
06-03-2002, 01:18 AM
Well, stated about Ep2, sir wilbur. It seems that many OT fans would rather gouge their eyes out than even consider that one of the prequel movies is better than the OT. AOTC is easily my favorite of the entire saga now. I just wonder how Ep3 can top that.

Jason B
06-03-2002, 08:01 AM
well, a lot has to happen in E3, you know that as well as i do. but, it may end up being a crammed movie, we'll just have to wait and see.

JetsAndHeels
06-03-2002, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by sir wilbur copeland
Hey Jango....I say go Canes too! I hate Detroit. I'm a big Pens fan so I love Ronnie Francis.
Thanks for the support Sir Wilbur. Hopefully the Canes can pull this one out. Detroit has an awesome team, and it will be very difficult to beat them on the road. Well who said winning the Stanley Cup was going to be easy!! Lets just keep the faith that theyll win.
Ron Francis and Rod Brin da'Mour are our best 2 players, in my opinion. They both need to do well in order for us to win.
But back to SW, I went on a toy run today and had zero luck.
I did see another Endor trooper, but passed on him again. I am keeping my eyes peeled for Palpatine and Obi Pilot. But on a positive note I bought some more movie cards and scored the Jango foil card I have been wanting. That made me very happy!!
Hope everyone is having a great day.

Dryanta
06-03-2002, 04:00 PM
great day here so far.No luck here either,but then again I haven't been out since Saturday.
Brown droid,Jorj and Dooku are on their way.They're insured so if you haven't seen them by friday let me know.

Had to come back.I have posted two petitions I wrote about 6 weeks ago.The Hue and cry kinda died down and the Jesus thread had me pretty busy ;).Saga forums Hasbro and Gl petitions.Any feed back or support?I'd like to see these things really catch fire!!oops they have to do with exclusives and quality and the possibility of a collector group to work directly with Hasbro

SuperBattleDroid88
06-03-2002, 05:00 PM
Thanks for the welcoming!!!!! :)
I'm glad to be here!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

SBD88

SuperBattleDroid88
06-03-2002, 05:04 PM
I haven't been having any luck these days... :(
Can't find anything here!!!!!!
I will keep trying and trying!!!!!!!! I've been looking aaaalll DAY!
Nothing....

SBD88

browndroid
06-03-2002, 06:06 PM
well i just got that mace windu with the messed face expression. thanks again dryanta

SuperBattleDroid88
06-03-2002, 06:10 PM
Lucky you! I can't find him!!!!!! AHHH!!!!!!!!! :crazed:

Dryanta
06-03-2002, 06:47 PM
so what are you looking for besides Mace sbd88? Maybe some one here can help

JetsAndHeels
06-03-2002, 07:11 PM
I went on a run today too. No luck. Seems the usual pegwarmers are taking over. Someone needs to go out and buy them all up so we can move some new product to the sales floor.

Dryanta
06-03-2002, 07:39 PM
Hey Jango.
Clogged doesn't do the situation justice.IMO it's worse than EP 1
The first weekend the kids seemed to be snagging alot of figures.But all the stores put the same exact figures back on the pegs.No difference at all.there is no room for any new assortments.Not good.

bigbarada
06-03-2002, 08:07 PM
I think Hasbro did it again with the overproduction of figures. They should have put the key Jedi figures(HD Anakin, Obi-Wan, Mace, Yoda) in the first assortment as kids would want those one right away after watching the movie. At least those are the only ones I see kids digging for. Kids aren't as stupid as Hasbro thinks, they know a good figure deal when they see it, and they know that a vehicle is useless without a pilot and they know
when a figure is ugly (OPD Anakin, Arena Padme).

I'll print those letters up tonight and try to get my brother and sister in law to sign them. My sister in law isn't a collector, but she might as well be since she paid for most of my brother's collection.;) I forget did you mention anything about retail exclusives locking out overseas fans and denying Hasbro tons of possible sales?

I've been losing my patience a little more than usual over in the Hasbro:Saga section. Seems that there are way too many people who just want a reason to complain and some of their suggestions are just (no other way to put this) idiotic. Complaining that EW Vader should never has come with a right hand and lightsaber? Who would have bought it? Anyway, maybe I had better just take a break from posting over there for a while.

Give us a list of what you are looking for SBD88! We'd like to help in any way possible.:)

SuperBattleDroid88
06-03-2002, 08:15 PM
Don't worry guys! I'll find them... but....
THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH FOR YOUR CONCERN!!!
Thanks again...
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Dryanta
06-03-2002, 08:19 PM
Hey BigB.Thanks for going over there.
I read that same post.I am tired of all the complaining too.Empty.
If these petitions do nothing but give people a way to vent then they'll be worth the effort.writing those was not an easy thing for me.I'm as uneducated as they get.
I grow tired of the whole"I have no problem getting them" "but I do feel bad for poeple outside the U.S." bit.They really don't care ENOUGH to do anything."I've got mine" attitude.Even the Walmart exclusives are a major pain and their stores are everywhere .Most of us have had to resort to the web to get them.Might as well be direct from Hasbro at a real price. Nad yes I plugged the Out side the U.S collectors heavily.They are a real no win situation else where.If every one who is unhappy with all this were to give up,the "i've got mine" crowd would be down too,because it would kill the line period.Sorry.needed to rant and it's safe and freindly here.Everyone here knows I mean no harm

bigbarada
06-03-2002, 08:41 PM
The only way for me to get new figures when I was in Korea was online retailers. Thus I had to normaly pay up to $30 each for new toys. However, with all the stress I was feeling over there and the morale boost I got from getting new toys in the mail, $30 per figure was a small price to pay. Some of these guys who are so quick to call people who overpay "idiots," don't know what it feels like to not be able to just drive down the street whenever they want and look for new toys. They also don't know the feeling of seeing pics of new stuff and knowing that it'll be at least a year before they see any of it.

Well, while in Korea I did participate in what many would call scalping. Over there they had limited edition Transformers toys that were only available in Korea. I gave Brian's Toys a call and asked how much they would buy them for and BT's told me $250 apiece. The South Korean store owner only charged $30 apiece! Thus I picked up two and made $440 dollars and split the money with my brother 50/50. I only bought two and I didn't sell them off on ebay like one friend of mine did for $400 each. Would you guys consider something like that scalping or just taking advantage of a rare opportunity? Be honest, I'd really like to know your viewpoint and you won't hurt my feelings.

Dryanta
06-03-2002, 08:49 PM
Hey BigB.Not scalping.
It's not as though you went to walmart and took the opportunity for some to get one away from them just to make a buck.
When I'm in Jersey I always go to two stores down there.To get Japanese bandai Godzillas.I can't get them here.I can't get them at TRU or walmart,Target any of them.Are these guys scalpers.They may be on other things(I'm not sure) but not on things I couldn't get without going over there myself.No one was deprived of anything.Except maybe air fare to go over there and get them themselves. Not the same circumstance in my opinion.Scalping does have a bit of a grey area but this isn't one of them.And I think you know me well enough to know that's my honset,unabashed opinion.;)

bigbarada
06-03-2002, 09:03 PM
So if you were to pick up a Target exclusive Y-Wing and mail it off to a collector in The Netherlands would you charge more? I would probably add $20-30 onto the price to cover shipping. I once mailed a simple letter to The Netherlands for an ebay transaction and postage cost me over $9! For one letter!! So I guess adding the cost of shipping to the retail price in that case would be understandable. However, I think charging more to overseas people for simple profit is terrible. They can't help where they live and they can't help that Hasbro doesn't care about them. I think just the idea that I helped out someone who is so used to getting screwed over with new releases get a good deal (retail + shipping) would be worth more than any paltry amount of money I could make off of it.

Dryanta
06-03-2002, 09:13 PM
I don't see anything wrong with covering shipping costs.I don't do it here because I really do expect alot of product eventually flying between us all so why nit pick?
If you are selling to some one overseas then it does cost more.And they have no chance of getting the stuff.The price increase I pay on my Bandai's is all import cost and a very small profit.Can't go over there for free.The original Japanese price tags are still on them so you can check for yourself.Person to person I agree.No profit compares to the personal reward of helping some one out.The guys I buy from have store fronts to pay for and what not.And again they aren't going to Walmart to beat me there just to be able to make a buck off me.
These guys aren't "personal shoppers" like they'd like to think.

JetsAndHeels
06-03-2002, 09:26 PM
Hey BigB I just wanted you to know I posted in the saga forum. You know the one where the guy was criticizing folks for buying online if they had no other choice. I totally agree with you-if they dont have access to these toys, then they really dont have much of a choice but to get them online.

Dryanta
06-03-2002, 09:28 PM
hey Jango! All's well?
Check out the link at the bottom of either my or BigB's posts.I'm not sure where you stand on the exclusive issue.Check it out either way.

sir wilbur copeland
06-03-2002, 09:31 PM
Supply and demand BigB. I work in sales, and it's not unethical to make a profit. I don't think it's fair to take advantage of people's ignorance though, but here clearly, this was a case where there was no deception, and those purchasing the merchandise knew what they were buying and were willing to pay the price.

I'd say smart business!

JetsAndHeels
06-03-2002, 09:33 PM
Youll have to give me a quick overview Dryanta. I am not getting the link to work right. I know you are doing a petition but I dont know all the terms. Can you please bring me upto speed?
And thank you, I am doing fine.

Dryanta
06-03-2002, 09:37 PM
BAck before the Jesus thread started Eternal Padawan started a thread about the possibility of a petition to Hasbro to stop exclusives.He asked for a volunteer to write one up.I wrote up two.One for Hasbro and one from George Lucas himself.
Exclusives are covered,Quality is covered,treatment of collectors outside the U.S. is covered.And the possibility of a Real Fan counsel is requested.It's in the Saga Forum.Hasbro and GL petition thread.

JetsAndHeels
06-03-2002, 09:40 PM
Could you sign it for me Dryanta? I still cant get into the file and I would like to contribute.

Dryanta
06-03-2002, 09:50 PM
I just called for Jason maybe he can help.It happened before.If not I'll be glad to sign it or try and email it to you.Won't let you in through the regular thread? I hate computers ;)
and I'm glad all is well

JetsAndHeels
06-03-2002, 09:52 PM
No, it wont let me get in. I dont understand it either. I am using a laptop, so that may have something to do with it, I dunno.

Dryanta
06-03-2002, 09:55 PM
could be.when I posted the original drafts Jason had to post them in two different formats(?).Insane jedigirl had the same problem then.Hopefully J can help

JetsAndHeels
06-03-2002, 10:04 PM
Ok, well I do intend to sign it, whenever possible.

Jason B
06-03-2002, 10:04 PM
well, they're .txt files, so they should work on any computer, text files are multi-platform, (ie. you can view them on a Mac and a PC), so I really dont know why they arent working. what happens when you click the link?

JetsAndHeels
06-03-2002, 10:13 PM
I get a blank screen and then it says it cannot open the file.

Jason B
06-03-2002, 10:15 PM
ok, try right-clicking on the link and hit save target as.., and save it to dektop. see if that does anything.

JetsAndHeels
06-03-2002, 10:25 PM
Allright, that worked. I read the petition and I agree with it completely. However, I cannot get the 2nd part to work right (this computer is giving me problems) so could someone sign my name for me? I give permission to someone to do it for me.

Dryanta
06-03-2002, 10:27 PM
will do,keep trying to get the second one.I'm afraid I wasn't clear enough about there being two seperate petitions met for different readers

JetsAndHeels
06-03-2002, 10:31 PM
I am trying, but with no results. I may have to come back and try tomorrow. I have alot on my mind tonight. Sorry.

Dryanta
06-03-2002, 10:33 PM
everything alright Jango?No need to be sorry.

Jason B
06-03-2002, 10:35 PM
it may be your IE settings, or something like that. I'm not sure. sorry i cant be any more of a help than that. :(

JetsAndHeels
06-03-2002, 10:39 PM
No, you were alot of help Jason B. I was able to open up the first one and read it thanks to you. I really appreciate it buddy. Thanks alot.

Jason B
06-03-2002, 10:41 PM
hey, not a problem. glad i can help. being a tech at school helps out a lot. :)

JetsAndHeels
06-03-2002, 11:08 PM
Its funny, I am on the tech committee at church (running the soundbooth and stuff like that) and everyone there thinks I am supposed to be some type of computer expert. I am not bad with them, but still you have unexpected things come up that can boggle your mind.

Dryanta
06-03-2002, 11:10 PM
turning the thing on boggles my mind.I've had the same experience with assumptions like that.Just not with electronics.Some I wouldn't talk about in an open thread.

JetsAndHeels
06-03-2002, 11:15 PM
Very interesting. Do you have any you can share?

bigbarada
06-04-2002, 01:21 AM
Yes, please, share via PMs or E-Mails. You went and piqued my curiosity, Dryanta.:) If you don't want to that's cool too though.:cool: I have a few things I have done in my past that I am not proud of either.

Thanks for the support in that Hasbro:Saga thread Jango! I appreciate it.

I just noticed that we are approaching 600 posts in this thread. I remember the old forums would only allow you to view up to 666 posts and would crash at 667. I think that problem was fixed though (and the irony of the numbers is not lost on me). So we will see in a couple of days.:)

browndroid
06-04-2002, 02:09 AM
ah yes, i remember the old forums, the good old days...;)

Jason B
06-04-2002, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by bigbarada
Yes, please, share via PMs or E-Mails. You went and piqued my curiosity, Dryanta.:)

same here. ;)

mylow thehutt
06-04-2002, 11:23 AM
hay guys sorry I haven't been here,one of my good friends that moved away some time ago came to vist,so I haden't had time to post.any one find the chewy wave yet?

Dryanta
06-04-2002, 11:29 AM
Have a good visit Mylow?No on the Chewie.Going to support the petition?Link at the bottom of this post ;) sorry have to plug it guys

mylow thehutt
06-04-2002, 04:03 PM
Dryanta,I like your voice and pention but I heard that exclusives were good and they help get new figures produce. Kind of like commericals,I really hate commericals but with out them no shows would be on the air. Just something I heard.

Dryanta
06-04-2002, 05:20 PM
Hey Mylow,sorry I missed you.
I've heard the same thing and I persoanally only half buy it.
The retailers have messed the whole thing up so badly that it doesn't work well.There are collectors everywhere that are either flat out excluded or can never get them.Defeats the purpose to my way of thinking.Make what we want and then make it almost impossible for alot of us to get them.It's a monkey trap!!
The petition is a request that Hasbro deal with us the same way DC comics does.Directly.
The Saga line is dying fast.I'm convinced of it.Much faster than EP 1 one did.That does not bode well for us.The reatailers Hasbro has catered to will drop them like a hot rock.We will continue to give them our money IF we can get what we want.
If this shuttle thing costs Hasbro the number of customers I think it might,it be the death blow to the line.

mylow thehutt
06-04-2002, 05:54 PM
HMMMMM.point taken.

mylow thehutt
06-04-2002, 05:54 PM
:)

Dryanta
06-04-2002, 06:02 PM
Hey Mylow
I truely appreciate the fact that you asked the question.Way to go!!
You sounded as though you might have been a little nervous about making your point.Never be with me O.K.?
I have respect for people who can put it all forward politely and firmly.Meek does not mean mealy.Jesus was far from a squirley little guy,quiet and reserved.
Think about supporting it.If you decide not to,there would never be any hard feelings from me over it.We run much deeper than that bro

mylow thehutt
06-04-2002, 06:10 PM
I wasn't nervous or any thing like that, you just made a good point,I think though hasbro should stop the fan club exclusives,since a lot of people can't buy them off the internet. And maybe just stick with the Toys R Us and Wal-mat exclusives.:)

JetsAndHeels
06-04-2002, 06:23 PM
I would like to ask everyone here to please keep me in prayer. I wont go into any details but I need it right now. Thanks everyone.

mylow thehutt
06-04-2002, 06:25 PM
no problem Jango.

bigbarada
06-04-2002, 06:38 PM
Of course, Jango.

I agree, with you Dryanta about the Saga line dying a quick death on the pegs. Too many gimmicky and poorly made figures. What are the odds that Ep3 will be the only SW movie to not have a toy line based on it? It's kind of sad that greed has destroyed something we all love so much. I'm beginning to slip back into "casual collecting" mode like I was for most of 1998. I bought a grand total of 3 action figures that entire year (Rem. Helmet Vader, Lak Sivrak-actually got him for free as a "Buy 1, Get 1 Free" promotion and the Boushh's Bounty Chewie). Only about 10% of the upcoming figures interest me in the slightest so I will cool my heels for a while, save some money and wait for the line to either die or for Hasbro to start putting out some interesting stuff again. Since the Cloud City Chewie has already been released, as long as Ephant Mon gets released before the balloon completely bursts I will be happy.

Dryanta
06-04-2002, 06:47 PM
Just did Jango and will continue to do Jango.Cool Mylow,just making sure ;)
I read that same comment from you else where BigB.You are not alone.The adult collector is the real big money for Hasbro.They keepon burning customers they will lose enough to kill it off.I too really wonder about Ep 3 at this point.
My problem with retail exclusives is way to many of us are no where near these stores.Target and TRU are 75 miles away one way.In the largest city(LOL) in Maine.What's the likely hood of me getting anything.I managed the AtSt by shear chance(well not really but you know what I mean).Any one outside the US is completely cut out of the loop.They have to buy from scalpers on the web anyway.Why not Hasbro just offering us what we want directly from them?Alot of people can get to library with Pcs easier than they can a Target or TRU,not to mention FAO.And if they accept debit cards.most do then the whole credit card issue is gone.Just open a checking account and use a debit card instead of cash at the store.All the gas we would save would buy a whole lot of toys.

JetsAndHeels
06-04-2002, 06:52 PM
Thanks again everyone.

JetsAndHeels
06-04-2002, 07:48 PM
Well its time for me to sign off for now. Fixing to watch the hockey game. Hope everyone has a great night. I may check in tonight after the game. If not, goodnight everyone.
Go Canes!!

bigbarada
06-04-2002, 08:29 PM
Later Jango!

Dryanta, I really am starting to lose interest in this line of toys because of the crap Hasbro has been pulling to kind of string us along with short-packed new releases. The news of the Imperial Shuttle was a huge blow, then the recent news of the CC Chewie being shipped only one per case was a bigger blow. Honestly, if not for this club and you guys, I would have walked away and given up on collecting completely by now. But as long as we all stick together we should be able to make it through this mess.:cool:

Dryanta
06-04-2002, 08:43 PM
I agree.This group is the only bright spot right now.The negative attitude is so bad you can almost taste it.I will continue til the end,Just because I really do enjoy my collecting.But it was no where near as much fun until we started this thing.
I am really working hard on the Petition thing.It's on at least four sites.Maybe five.Insane Jedi girl said she was taking it to one too.I'm jumping around cheking the threads all over the place.
This is reallyy one last major attempt to help this Hobby and everyone involved.While there is something left to fight for.
It's a bit discouraging.Support hasn't been what I expected.I don't know what else I can do to get people involved.
I guess some are just so happy complaining that when given something else to do they balk.
You can pray for me about this.I really worked hard on this and I'm feeling as if it's not really appreciated.Waa waa waa I know.But it's a labor of love for us all and the hobby.Oh well.I'll live lol

mylow thehutt
06-04-2002, 09:26 PM
What happen to chewy/3PO,man this stinks will we ever see new toys out here,hasbro better ship Ephant mon in huge quanities.or this going straight to the pentagon.:rolleyes:

Dryanta
06-04-2002, 09:38 PM
Chew/HAn/Palpatine /all of them are going to be very hard to come by.No room on the pegs.Walmart just dropped the price to try and off load stuff.we're in bad shape.We will all need each other in the next few months.Ackley is out now too.BigB still want the Nexu and Ackley right?

mylow thehutt
06-04-2002, 09:42 PM
well I'm still in hope,my aunt lives down the street from a FAO Swartz so maybe I'll get lucky.oh by the way I will 15 next firday.:D

mylow thehutt
06-04-2002, 09:45 PM
well good night every one,by the way just saw the moive The Sum Of All Fears,great moive you'll enjoy it.see ya later.:)

Dryanta
06-04-2002, 09:50 PM
Be sure to stop by Mylow.
There was an FAO about 45 minutes from my inlaws in Jersey.Closed now.Now I either have to go down there and take the train into the city.Or take the train into Boston from here.You sure the one by your Aunt isn't closed?they shut down a bunch of them last year

bigbarada
06-04-2002, 11:27 PM
The Nexu and Acklay are still on my wish list. :)

I think many people really only want to just sit back and complain. They never really expect anything to change. One Sergeant told me when I was in the Army, that some people actually enjoy bad news. They thrive off of it. I think that describes the atmosphere developing in the Hasbro: Saga section right now. I try to keep an interest but the negativity, Hasbro's tactic of artificially inflating demand on new figures and the dwindling retailer support (my K-Mart has already cut their Ep2 display in half and isn't ordering any new figures) is draining all the enjoyment out of this hobby that I used to love so much. Like I said, this club is the only thing keeping me from just hanging it all up right now.

I'll send out those petitions once I can get my brother and sister-in-law to sign (they were in Albuquerque today for a follow-up with Matthew's dentist). I really do hope that this thing eventually takes off, but it might take some time. If you want my honest opinion about it though, I don't really believe that it is possible to get all the fans to agree long enough to actually get the numbers we need to make a difference. Irregardless, I will do my part and hope for the best while expecting the worst.:cool:

Mace Windex
06-04-2002, 11:33 PM
I was wondering if you folks could keep an eye out for a few things for me when you are shopping? I need the BEspin Luke and some non Star wars items. I alos collect Johnny Lightning VWs and they recently released 6 new VW cars. I have 4 of the 6 but still need the 21 window sunroof bus and the pick-up truck. If anyone finds them (I need two of each, one to open and one to keep) I would be very thankful if you could pick them up for me. Of course, I will search Star Wars for anyone here.
Thanks. My e-mail address is:
vwdude1957@aol.com

JetsAndHeels
06-04-2002, 11:39 PM
Hi guys!! I am back.
Well we won tonight so I am in a good mood. Things are looking up. I had a nice talk with Dryanta so I am feeling better. Thank you all who prayed for me.
As far as the petition goes, I hope someone signed it for me, because I definately want to contribute to this. I still am unable to get the link to work for signing the petition. However I want my name to be on there.

bigbarada
06-05-2002, 08:48 AM
Johnny Lightning cars are usually in the Hot Wheels section right, Mace? I think I remember seeing them there. I'll be on the lookout for them the next time I go to Wal-Mart.

Glad everything seems to be going better for you Jango.:)

I didn't mean for my last post to come off as negatively as it did. I really do think that this petition has a chance of making a difference as long as we can get all the fans to put aside their petty squabbles and actually work together. However, I fear that too many fans are just in this for themselves and as long as they can get whatever they want they could care less about anybody else. That's what I meant to say; but I came off sounding like I think the petition is a bad idea. Didn't mean that.

Dryanta
06-05-2002, 09:54 AM
http://www.rebelscum.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t=006210

Good morning all,
The above link is the petitions thread from Rebel scum.You may be able to copy it from there.Or I can post them directly here.Which ever.Is any body allowed to post news here?
I might try and move them to the front page.I also think I may move them around over at the other sites.
I didn't take it as negative at all BigB.I have the same exact attitude.I can't siut back and watch this hobby die with out doing something.And I know you feel the same way.Kmart here has done the same thing.Half the size.nothing new.Kay bee has only a few figures,no ships.TRU has scaled back big time,Target and Walmart are swimming in the priginal 14 from 4/23.Not good at all.
I really do hope this thing takes off.I'm going to continue to push hard.Maybe useless but I have to.
And Mace I will add them them to my check list and keep an eye out for you.
Everybody caught the fact Mylow's Birthday is next Friday right?

bigbarada
06-05-2002, 10:34 AM
I hear Wal-Mart is cutting the prices of their figures to $4.77 each. Not too bad, now they just need to get something new. Will the new price affect the stuff you have on layaway Dryanta?

Oh yeah, an early Happy Birthday to Mylow!:)

I've been thinking a lot about this Shuttle situation and I can't figure out if I am more upset about the $125 price tag or the rumored limited production run. I think if the Shuttle was mass released at $125 I wouldn't mind so much since it would rot on the shelves and eventually go on clearance. However that is what the retailer is trying to prevent. I keep trying to tell myself that I don't want one, but I do otherwise I would have been able to just forget about it like I did with the Y-Wing and Skiff.

The worse part is that I sold off my entire vintage collection for $660 in a last ditch effort to keep my car from being repossesed, which was pointless because it was repo'ed the next month because of an Army pay screw up. My vintage Shuttle, AT-AT, TIE Interceptor, Cloud Car and about 70 figures were included in that. I justified letting go of the Shuttle because of the rumor that a new one would be released this year (this was way back before the FAO news). So I figured I could easily buy a new one. Of course that whole plan is shot, since I can't afford the price and I'm not even within a 12 hour drive from the nearest FAO. I know I could ask you guys for help; but with my financial mess, I can't expect someone to buy a $125 vehicle for me on the agreement that I will pay them back later on. A $30 TIE Bomber is one thing, a $125 Shuttle is something else entirely. All I can really do now is wait for more news on how this will be released and hope that Hasbro has been paying attention to fan reaction over this whole FAO fiasco. Thanks for letting me get that off my chest and feel free to resume your normal daily activities.:)

Dryanta
06-05-2002, 11:02 AM
I'm not sure about the price change on the lay a way.I may head over a little later and see.They gave me the discount on the 12" a while back so I hope they'll do the same again.
Here is what I was thinking about the shuttle.ANd I can only do this once so I figured the offer would go to you,BigB.
I was going to get two.My birthday and Christams are within a couple weeks of the supposed release date.So I figured I'd get one from Mumma for a combined gift and buy the other.Taking the train down to Boston and bring them back.Ssave about $50 on shipping that way.SO That's what I'm planning on doing.I have no doubt your situation will be alot different by December any way.So no worries.I'll cover you as best I can.
I wish I had half the things I've had to let go of in the past.Oh well.
And I agree the price isn't as much of an issue as availibility.If they would have a chance to su=it the price would go down.
I just got banned fro TFN for "spamming".Just trying to spread the word for the petition.Why do they have regional forms if you're not allowed to post in them all?I guess I'm just dumb.Got called names too.Strange.

bigbarada
06-05-2002, 11:20 AM
I've heard a lot of bad things about TFN's forums. So that kind of treatment doesn't surprise me.

The Shuttle's release is still a long way away so I will keep your offer in mind as we get more info from Hasbro and FAO. I really do appreciate the offer, Dave, and here's hoping I'm able to take you up on it. If I can't, then I'm sure that there will be plenty of people on these boards willing to buy it from you.

SuperBattleDroid88
06-05-2002, 12:01 PM
What is so great about the shuttle? This may be a stupid question to you guys....Why is it so expensive? :(

JesusFreak
06-05-2002, 01:12 PM
Hey guys, my computer monitor was defective, thats why I haven
t been here, anyways, this new one is workin fine. I'll pray about youtr financial situation BigB, and for you Jango. BTW my name is Ryan, :D

P.S. Who is you guys favorite music group? Mine's gotta be dc talk, cant wait for their new album :)

browndroid
06-05-2002, 01:42 PM
hey, thats my name...;)

bigbarada
06-05-2002, 02:46 PM
Well, for one the Shuttle toy is HUGE, as in taller than the AT-AT. It is also one of the rarest of the vintage vehicles and usually costs $600-$700 mint in box. On top of that it is just a really cool toy of one of the best, IMO, vehicle designs of the OT. $125 is a little steep and I'm hoping that there is a reason for it (electronics, pack-in figures); but I wanted it when I was eleven and I still want it now that I am 29.

I don't really have a favorite band, per se. I like lots of classic rock like Led Zeppelin, The Who and Hendrix, plus classical and country music. I have listened to DC Talk and Jars of Clay and liked both of them. Have you ever heard of Mortal or Generation? Two of the more hardcore Christian bands.

JesusFreak
06-05-2002, 03:23 PM
Actually no, I haven't heard of them, do they have web sites?

bigbarada
06-05-2002, 03:36 PM
I'm not sure if they are even around anymore. I used to have CDs from each of them; but that was about 8 years ago. Mortal is kind of in the hard rock style and Generation is just straight heavy metal.

mylow thehutt
06-05-2002, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by browndroid
hey, thats my name...;)
Originally posted by browndroid
hey, thats my name...;)

Your name is DC talk?LOL:crazed: Just Joshen.Don't fret guys next year things will better,in the toy world or worse.

I got a littel joke to tell here it goes:

My friend Jango went to see hasbro,to ask if they could make more of him,they said no.So Jango got mad,then Hasbro got mad click on the pic to see who won the debate. :p

JetsAndHeels
06-05-2002, 03:41 PM
Like BigB, I enjoy alot of the classic rock groups like Led Zeppelin and Jimi Hendrix. As far as contemporary Christian, POD is by far my favorite. They are mainstream now, but I first liked them about 5 years ago, when you could only get their CD's at Christian bookstores. Now they have hits like "Alive" and "Youth of the Nation" getting alot of airtime. They are more hard rock, but their lyrics and message is very powerful.

bigbarada
06-05-2002, 04:18 PM
Funny pic Mylow! So let me guess, Jango didn't win did he?:D

Well my brother finally registered on these boards; but he's only posted in the two threads I made to show off his sculpts in the Customizing/Dioramas section. However, he is subscribed to those threads so if you post there he will get an email telling him that someone posted. His name here is Darth Ravenous.

I didn't know POD was a Christian group, that "Alive" song is pretty awesome. Question, though, is Creed considered a Christian group? I've heard some say yes and others say no.

mylow thehutt
06-05-2002, 04:19 PM
any one know if Lingken Park is a Christian group,cause there my favoret.;)

bigbarada
06-05-2002, 04:22 PM
I kind of doubt Linkin Park is, but who knows? I know that Lifehouse is also a Christian band.

Well, I have to get ready to babysit my nephews for a couple of hours so I will be back online later tonight.

JetsAndHeels
06-05-2002, 04:34 PM
BigB,
POD stands for "Payable On Death." You wouldnt know it by their looks, but these guys are all born again and are proud of it.
When Creed first hit the music scene, I bought their debut CD because I liked the music and the message. They have pretty postitive lyrics with a spiritual touch. However, right when "Human Clay" was released, I saw an interview on TV with Scott Stapp and he said it was not intended as a Christian viewpoint. That kind of angered me, because I know in my heart that their music is spiritual and it is Christian. You can just listen to their words and their message. I was dissapointed because it gave me the impression that they wanted to sell more records so they decided to shed the Christian beliefs.

JetsAndHeels
06-05-2002, 04:37 PM
PS-Just a footnote on the POD subject-Their current album "Satellite" is awesome. I recommend it to everyone if you dont have it. If you like an album with hard hitting rock and also mellow smooth rythym, this is the one.
An interesting note about this album is it has a tracks on it called "Ghetto" and "Youth of the Nation", which both deal with violence and death in this country. The ironic part of this is that it was on Sept 11th that this album was released. Kind of hits close to home.

Dryanta
06-05-2002, 08:12 PM
Not real big on music.I'm one of those annoying people who just keep pushing the scan buttom until I find something I like.I'm glad you guys have posted some bands on here.Maybe Jason would enjoy some of them.
I've made one last push for the petitions.I pmed 29 people and emailed Sir Steve asking if he'd put a news story about it on the main page.Alot of traffic there.
Here's a funny story for you guys.One of my dauhgters found a chipmunk on the lawn that the cat had "Played" with.All wet and exhausted.Brought it in the house.I checked it all over,dried her off,and wrapped her in a wash cloth.Layed her on my chest for warmth and messed around here a little.I called all the girls in and told them she might not live.If she did live we were not keeping it.It wouldn't be fair.All the girls decided to pray for the little thing.About five minutes later it started to drink milk from a eye dropper.ABout an hour after that I'm sitting here with it and it springs to Life.Squirts right straight up in the air,about giving me an upper cut.Jumps over into a pile of boxes.I'm thinking my wife will kill me if I can't catch this thing again.The kids are cracking up and I 'm chasing the stupid thing up and down the curtains.I cought her and got her put in a box we had made for her.LOL she's O.K. but we'll keep her for a few days just to make sure she's eating and drinking properly.
It really was a riot.Everything is fine and all of a sudden she flies right straight up into the air.
She's resting peacefully right now.I think she'll be fine.Prayers of a child.
She was just barely breathing when I saw her for the first time.
It really was funny.Lazurette the chipmunk lol

JetsAndHeels
06-05-2002, 08:40 PM
Very cool story Dryanta!! One of my cats caught a baby rabbit the other day. He brought it upto the back of the house and sat it on the deck to "show off". We got it away from the cat and it just ran off, unharmed.
Funny how cats are. They like to catch something and play with it, then they want to show it off to you like it is a prize or something.
Glad to hear that your new chipmunk friend is doing well.

Jason B
06-05-2002, 08:52 PM
Yes, i like PoD and Creed. I really like System of a Down though, if you couldnt tell by my posts in the Music Bouka thread. ;)

Something i found interesting:

Supposedly, the lead singer from Creed got in an accident. no big deal. eMpty-TV got ahold of it, and made the accusation that he was drunk when he did it, which simply isnt true. Creed sued them, and now it seems that eMpty-TV won't play their music anymore.

Now, I am wondering if this has anything with them being a spiritual group, or is it just me.

Dryanta
06-05-2002, 08:59 PM
Beats me.Wouldn't surprise me any.
Yeah My "friend" is fine.I went to move the washcloth so my second kid could see it before bed and it got lose again!!All's fine but I think eating or not,it's back outside in the morning.Catching a chipmunk is no easy task.lolCat doesn't know it's in here yet either.I'll figure it out by morning.cute little thing.I'm getting soft in my old age ;)
Mace I checked for your stuff today and no luck.I'll keep checking.
Also BigB,I went to walmart today and they did discount the lay a way to the new $4.77 price.$20 bucks difference.And evreything is still there.Saw them all myself.Well worth the trip.Still nothing new at all anywhere.
The high light has been I've managed to get all 4 sets of the [playskool stuff.I found the stompin wampa today.What a head ache those are!!I thought the regular stuff was bad!!

mylow thehutt
06-05-2002, 09:40 PM
:mad: All right guys listen to this

When I get home I have babysite my littel sister Kate,whos 7 years old.Any way she lets the dogs out in the backyard,(we have a fence area,so they can rome around and have fun,but some times they get loose, if you have dogs you understand.) Next thing I know it this guy that lives down the street from me is telling my dogs got out.(Ones a baby Jack Rusell,and the other is a west high lend terrier bolth small dogs)so me and Kate get ready to go and get them but the guy is still there and in front of my 7 year old sister he says,"Your F***en dogs are Sh***ing and PI**ing on my law,if I see them on there agine I'll get my gun and shoot them!" So I say "Hay chill,I'll get my dogs." I get them bolth,and I start walking back to my house,not befor the guys wife comes out,boy is she a real cookie she starts yelling at me that shes going to call the dog pound! So I respone "I like to see you try,do you people like threating littel kids,"they bolth start yelling!I just say come on kate(who was picking up the dog pop for them)There still yelling at me so I just keep saying good by, later,good by,yep sur what ever you say. :rolleyes: Boy what a day:happy:

Dryanta
06-05-2002, 09:46 PM
nice neighbors you've got there.Be sure to let your parents know.They may be able to do something you haven't thought of.
I know if you were my kids I'd have at least one idea.;)

mylow thehutt
06-05-2002, 09:54 PM
I hear ya,They only cop stuff up at me but not at my parents,my dad allready went down there and gave them a pice of his mind but this was like last year,I told my mom today and she said just don't bother with white trash like them.LOL. and the thing that gets me the most out of all of this is there dog get out too!I mean come on!

Dryanta
06-05-2002, 09:59 PM
yeah well,live and learn.Most people who react like that have major double standards going.Complain that some one does something that is a real habit for themselves.Your Mom sounds wise.Take her advice.Stay clear.pray for them.Best you can do

mylow thehutt
06-05-2002, 10:11 PM
I think I'll make a fourm out of this story to see what others think.It would just be my luck to have that guy be a member here.

Dryanta
06-05-2002, 10:16 PM
let me know if he is.I'd like a word with him

mylow thehutt
06-05-2002, 10:21 PM
I dout he is,but the way my luck has been it's like I'm in that Vinella Sky.:rolleyes:

Jason B
06-05-2002, 10:47 PM
did you see that TERRIBLE TERRIBLE movie too? i hated it. ;)

bigbarada
06-06-2002, 09:05 AM
My ISP connection is becoming extremely unreliable. When it's not disconnecting every two minutes, it can't even sign in at all most of the time. Oh well, I'll give them a call today and see what's up, maybe I can get a discount off next months bill. Doesn't seem fair to have to pay for service they aren't providing.

Jango, I'll check out that POD CD first chance I get. It's too bad about Creed though, like I've mentioned once before people aren't really allowed to have convictions nowadays because you always have to be so danged sensitive to others' feelings. I guess maybe their agent told them to cool it on all the "Christian stuff;" too bad they caved in to that.:(

Great chipmunk story Dryanta, the mental image of you chasing a chipmunk through the house gave me a pretty good laugh this morning.:D

I think your mom gave you the best advice on how to deal with those neighbors, Mylow. I couldn't imagine what my dad's reaction would've been if something like that had happened to my brother and I when we were kids. Oh wait.....yes, I could..... it wouldn't be pretty and would probably involve a baseball bat.;)

I'm going to PM you my home phone number, Dave, just in case this ISP situation gets out of hand here and I disappear off the net for a few days or longer.

I didn't like Vanilla Sky either, Jason. Typical "poor little rich kid" movie. The only thing notable about it was the WTC towers that they didn't digitally erase from the background of the NYC skyline.

Well, I have to take off to the bank here pretty soon so I will (hopefully) talk to you guys later.

Dryanta
06-06-2002, 09:46 AM
got the number Nate.Just might use it sometime;)I'll send mine to you later today.I gotta go for now.I'll catch you all later.

JetsAndHeels
06-06-2002, 11:57 AM
Take care Nate. Hope to talk to you again real soon!!

Dryanta
06-06-2002, 12:03 PM
hey Jango,
Were you able to get the petitions from the lnk I posted?
Just curious.
Prayer request guys.I finaly got one of my doctors to go to bat for me with SSI!! and I also started PT again today.It ain't going to be easy.I may be a little less frequent around here for a while.Please pray the both of these situations get straightened out soon.
Thanks guys.

JetsAndHeels
06-06-2002, 01:08 PM
Dryanta,
No, it still isnt doing like I would hope it would. I dont know whats going on with my computer. Very frustrating. I am sorry.
I will keep you in my prayers Dryanta. May God bless you brother.

Master Goeweins
06-06-2002, 01:21 PM
Hello all. I just found this thread and I want to add myself to the count. I am a Christian, and a lifelong Star Wars nut. I'm glad this thread is here.
Talk again soon.

JetsAndHeels
06-06-2002, 01:26 PM
Welcome Master Goeweins. Glad to have you here. There are some very nice people in this group and I think you will enjoy it here. Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?

bigbarada
06-06-2002, 01:27 PM
Well, I had to cut my errands short today, as I am using my sister-in-law's bicycle to get around and it reached 95 degrees outside before 9:30 this morning! I had to walk most of the way to the next town so I could mail some stuff off at the post office, it is uphill the entire way! I got to cruise back down, but now I am pretty much exhausted. I sold my vintage Barada, Klaatu and POTJ Clean Scout Trooper to Brian's Toys for $43. My dad ran short of money for groceries this month, because of the medication he now has to take, so I decided that we needed the money.

I will definitely keep you in my prayers, Dave. I got your phone number too, so we will be able to keep in touch. Good luck on the PT (physical therapy, right? -- in the Army, PT means Physical Training; also known as, running for 4 miles everyday at 5 in the morning). May God bless you.:cool:

I know how hard SSI can be to deal with. My mom has epileptic seizures about 3-4 times a week on average; but since the doctors don't know what is wrong with here she can't get SSI. She actually recieved it for a few months but was dropped when she couldn't "prove" that she was sick.:rolleyes: However, she still can't hold down a job and we found out the medicine she has been taking for seizures for the last 30 years has actually been causing them to become more frequent. Unfortunately, she has to be weened off of them slowly to keep from having a violent reaction. Doctors!! This is the soap-opera that is my life.:)

Dryanta
06-06-2002, 01:28 PM
Welcome Master Goeweins,
Stop in often.We're in and out all day and night.Great group here.Veried ages. Really good group.DON"T BE A STRANGER. :)

Try this Jango :)

Attn: George Lucas
Lucas Film LTD.
P.O. Box 2009
San Rafael,CA.94912-2009
Re: Frustration and discontent in the Star Wars collecting community

We all wish to thank you for the creation of the Star Wars universe. The characters and situations have been a welcome part of our lives for a long time now. We find ourselves loving your creation so much that we collect toys based on them.

The supplier of these toys is making it incredibly difficult to enjoy the hobby. We all, as collectors, find ourselves more and more frustrated and angry with some of Hasbro's practices and handling of your star Wars property, and that ultimately shines a bad light on Star Wars and you personally as well.

Based on this we feel you have a vested interest in these issues, so we collectively are writing to you in an attempt to gain your help.

We are the people who have been behind you and your creation from the begining. We would very much like to remain until the end. If we are continually "kicked" in the stomach by Hasbro through some of it's practices, alot of us will give up.

The availibility and price of retail "exclusives" has made the love we have for Star Wars wilt. Please "encourage" Hasbro to stop this practice, it only frustrates collectors and gives incentive and income to unscrupulous "scalpers". We, for the most part, are forced to deal with these people or go without the characters and vehicles that we want.

There are also issues of quality with the products we have been offered recently. The plastic used is flimsey and the paint and decal application are terrible in some cases. Again these thing shine a bad light on Star Wars, not just Hasbro.

You enjoy a large number of fans and collectors world wide, not just the U.S.
We wonder why if you decided to actually film the Prequels and the original Trilogy outside of the U.S., why are collectors in these parts of the world so deprived of equal opportunity to get the products they want? They are left outside the "distribution loop". Their frustration levels are even higher than the average U.S. collector. Please help open up Star Wars to the rest of the world in the form of all of of the toys, not only the films.

We also would like to have a small group of appointed collectors from a variety of websites and venues to work directly with Hasbro, give them real consumer input. Each website could vote for representatives yearly and be able to report to Hasbro wants, needs and input to help this be a much more profitable relationship than it is, for all.

We respectfully request that you come to our aid in these issues. We know, of all people, you have ultimate control over Star Wars. We have supported you and your creation for a long time. We ask that you would do the same for us at this time so we can all benefit from the relationship we formed with you in 1977.

We all may be a little "deranged", but we don't mind, considering all the things we could have been involved in instead of Star Wars. Our enthusiasm has not only been a benefit for us, but to you for many years as well.

Thanks so much for Star Wars and thank you for your time and consideration.

And take that too!!

To: Hasbro Consumer Affairs Dept.
Pawtucket,RI 02862
Re:Frustration among Star Wars collectors and possible solutions and backlash

Hasbro Consumer Affairs Dept,

We, collectively, are writing to you to express our disappointment and frustration with a few of your policies in regard to your Star Wars lines of toys. We would also like to offer possible solutions to you.

First, and foremost, is the practice or offering "retail exclusives".
While we thank you for making some of our most wanted characters and vehicles, there is a major problem as we see it. The problem being the availibility of these, the newly announced Imperial Shuttle comes immediately to mind. We are sure F.A.O. Swarz is a fine retail chain and we are also sure you would very much like to continue your business relationship with them. Our problem isn't with any particular retailer but with the extreme difficulty we have in in obtaining the items we want for our collections at retail prices. The limited number of the shuttle guarantees many more on the secondary or "scalper" market at inflated prices then what will be available at retail. Please consider stopping retail exclusives. We are unable, for the most part, to give you our business with them.

We very much want your products but it is becoming almost impossible to obtain them. We also request that you make all of these products available in equal numbers and to collectors outside the U.S. Their frustration levels are evn higher than the average U.S. collector. There is a large number of collectors outside the U.S. that are left out of the "distribution loop" completely and they are growing more and more angry and disappointed by this. Please do not ignor these customers any longer, open the door for them as well.

We feel that offering all exclusives through a revised "Fan Club" site, we all could have equal opportunity to obtain your products. Open to all, everywhere. Same membership dues for all. Same site world wide. Reasonable shipping and fast service. More profits for you and alot less frustration for us.

We also feel that there are quality control issues that need to be addressed. Alot of what we have seen as of late has had shoddy paint and decal application. The grade of softer plastic used is a major issue for us as well. These toys are no where near as sturdy or attractive as they once were. Wilting weapons and vehicle legs just to name two. We have been pleased with the quality of your products in the past, please revert back to those manufacturing practices and materials. When we consider the effort and expense in obtaining this product we are feeling more and more short changed.

Have you ever considered a revolving group of real collectors to report concerns, requests, and input to you? You would have a real feel for the market and your consumers. You could have all the websites and other venues vote for representatives for one year terms. They could then keep you up to date with the collecting community. This works very well for other companies.

Please do not take this portion of this letter as a threat but take it as fair warning. If the levels of frustration and discontent are not lowered, there will be a serious backlash. It will be felt in your sales performance and profits. None of us want to collect thin air. When we cannot find what we want, that is exactly what we are doing. We will eventually give up if the situation does not improve. Your practice in the exclusive area is doing two things. The first is creating the "scalper" market, which is our bane. The second is because of this created shortage we feel like we are being spat upon by your practices.

We feel that we have entered into a business partnership with you and for the most part, we are pleased with the arrangement. If we were not, most of us would not have given you you large amounts of our hard earned money over the years. The things we are unhappy about are enough to make us end the realationship. Availiblity, quality and lack of representation.

Thank for many years of good products. We sincerely hope for many more. We hope you will hear us in these matters and act upon them.

Now that's a post!! lol.You should be able to cut and paste them to your hearts content.
I hope this doeesn't get lost but Mylow,Did you get the Bo Shek wave? I think you said one of us found it for you.

bigbarada
06-06-2002, 01:30 PM
Welcome, Master Goeweins! We seems to be getting more people everyday.:cool:

Dryanta
06-06-2002, 01:49 PM
Yep Therapy not training;)
SSI is a real joke.It's been one mess right after another.It really strikes me as strange how many people walk in and say they have panic attacks or are depressed and they get it.Go in with a walker,X-rays,MRI's and cat scans and they say,no.They want huge ammounts of evidence from some and none from others.really strange set up.Get this one though.There were two judges that hear case appeal cases in this state.A couple judges in MAss. and Ct retire,so our judges have to hold hearings in all three states to help with their case loads.They are only in the stae one at a time about two days each a month!! If the doctor doesn't give me the report I need I may have to wait until next summer to be heard!!Can you imagine!!
Crazy.My sister in law in Jersey has crack addicts living in the same appartment building on the tax payers dime.They are dependant and are disabled.Break you back and loose some use of a leg and they turn you down.Pick up the pipe and you're golden.Strange strange country we live in.

bigbarada
06-06-2002, 02:10 PM
It seems to be the same with Welfare, which was originally founded to help out widows of men killed in WW1. Now all it does is support drug addicts and feed their addiction. It's a crazy mixed up world we live in now. Just like how our criminal justice system is set up to turn criminals into victims and victims into criminals.

Question, Dryanta, did your condition come as a result of your former job? If so then why can't Workman's Compensation take care of it?

bigbarada
06-06-2002, 02:13 PM
It's very disturbing to see "Christian Collectors Club..." with 666 replies, so I thought I'd post again.;)

Besides the next person to post will be the record breaker, since I don't think any thread has passed the 667 replies mark since we started these new forums back in August.

browndroid
06-06-2002, 02:21 PM
i lke p.o.d, linchon park, lifehouse, system down, but i really like everclear's song, wonderful

browndroid
06-06-2002, 02:22 PM
oh yeah, and welcome master goeweins!

Dryanta
06-06-2002, 02:30 PM
No,I t started falling part when I was nine.First time I went to the hospital for it anyway.As I mentioned before in THE thread,I left school at 15 and went straight to work.I had a full time job as a mechanic at the local bowling alley.Got out of school at 2:30 and walked down the street to work.Fixed machines and kept them running until midnight.Pitchers of beer from the bar up front and a tool box.I figured one or the other had to go,I chose to drop out.Been a carpenter,tinsmith,iron worker,ship builder,run heavy equipment,and of course drove truck.Can't do any of it any more and I have no other skills but hard labor.Hard on the body anyway.
My spine would have lasted a whole lot longer if I hadn't abused it so badly.
When It finally completely apart I was had been self employed for five years.They told me to stop driving in 1998.I told them I just spent $116,000 on my dream truck and I wouldn't stop.
Well I got stoped. a year and half ago.I had no insurance and never carried worker comp on myself or my Brother(Jason's dad I gave him half the company,because our father had given it to me).
So to make a long story short,no comp,no health insurance,and no disability.I will continue to fall apart.It's degenerative disc disease.Everybody has it.Mine is just excellerated.I have arthritis through out the rest of my spine,and at least one other disc that is dead.
We'll see how it turns out.Can't wait to get my new body!!
Enough whinning from me.

Dryanta
06-06-2002, 02:32 PM
Hey Browmdroid!! Get your figures today?I didn't even notice the number on that post

bigbarada
06-06-2002, 02:45 PM
Congrats, browndroid, you broke the record!:cool:

I don't see it as whining at all, Dave. Everybody needs a release, I'm glad we can all share these kinds of things with each other. Besides look at it this way, God only burdens the people that He needs.

BTW, I hope you didn't think that I was implicating truck drivers as all being rude drivers. Like I mentioned in the "Angry Rant" thread, for every bad truck driver, I've seen 2 or 3 good ones. I also put a little story about a run-in I had with a bad truck driver. I'd be interested to know what you all think about that experience so go check it out.

Dryanta
06-06-2002, 02:49 PM
not at all Nate and I did respond already!! I think the facts will make you feel better.
And thanks,I will reply to some one who asks but I don't like to talk about it if I don't have to.Major blow to my enormous ego and pride.That's the point ,I know ;)

bigbarada
06-06-2002, 03:10 PM
Yeah, I read your response and it makes me glad I don't own that car anymore. I would hate for that same guy to see me again on an empty highway.:eek:

browndroid
06-06-2002, 05:10 PM
hurray!!! the mail hasnt came yet, but i think they will come

JetsAndHeels
06-06-2002, 07:02 PM
Hey guys. Just wanted to sign off before the hockey game. Canes are up 1-0 on Detroit. Looking to make it 2-0. I will check back in after the game.

bigbarada
06-06-2002, 07:39 PM
Catch you later, Jango!

Is it just me, or are there members of this site that have become more vehemently anti-Christian since the Jesus thread and the starting of this club? Check out Jar Jar's sig line and the "Holy Roller" thread for what I am talking about. I don't know just something I have noticed. Not sure exactly how to react to it either.

Dryanta
06-06-2002, 08:04 PM
it's not just you.I've seen it too.
This thread right here really erks some.I just know it does.And I also know we have company most of the time.
That's good.

I noticed both of those things.
The holy roller thread is pretty obvious.
I've read Jar Jar's sig a few times.I really don't know what to make of it.He's not talking about the living God.He left proof of himself every where in everything. ;)SO that's how I've decided to look at that.
The sarcasm is aimed at HIM not really us.He said so.That's how I'll deal with it.I'll pray for them as I'm led to .The best I can do.
Get the figures Browndroid?

bigbarada
06-06-2002, 08:39 PM
That is a good way to look at it. I think the Holy Roller thread is a way to try and "bait" us into getting angry so we will post over there with something for them to ridicule. Although I could be wrong. Either way I figure it's best to ignore that one.

I had to make a comment on Jar Jar's sig though. Since he's one of the forumites that I consider a friend. I don't like to leave stuff like that hanging in the air between friends.

Dryanta
06-06-2002, 08:51 PM
No I'm glad you did.Jar Jar is a good egg.I didn't know how to take it.Just me maybe.
Yeah I've had no interest in the holy roller thread.BAit.
I posted a couple times in the redneck thread.JT got a little strange.Read that would and see if you know what he meant?

Dryanta
06-06-2002, 09:03 PM
Nevermind.We each got a little confused I think.No big deal all straight now.I just needed help trying to decipher what happened for a second.Wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something

mylow thehutt
06-06-2002, 09:45 PM
Yeah what was the whole JT in the red neck thread all about,I didn't think what he posted was bad,Thought it was kind of funny.

Jason B
06-06-2002, 09:48 PM
they were just commenting on the fact that he was complaing about being stereotipical in one thread, then turing around and doing the same thing in another.

Dryanta
06-06-2002, 09:48 PM
It had to do with another thread.Rules for driving thru the mid west.Or something like that.It got a little strange there for a bit,but it's all good now.Did you get the BoShek wave?

mylow thehutt
06-06-2002, 09:50 PM
Ah,gotch ya, hay where is that holy roller thread,I found one but Jar Jar'S post was not in it,I want to see what you guys are talking about.

Dryanta
06-06-2002, 09:52 PM
It's his signature line.He started the Mid west thread.It's on all his posts.Bo Shek Wave?

Jason B
06-06-2002, 09:54 PM
i just saw the Holy Roller thread,and it's just off. there's no reason to post in there, they are so far off.

Jason B
06-06-2002, 09:55 PM
oh well. I'm off to bed. Night all. be sure to check out my thread (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9795). ;)

Dryanta
06-06-2002, 09:58 PM
yep,Me too.Good night all.I'll see you in the AM.BigB try not to stay up all night;)

mylow thehutt
06-06-2002, 10:03 PM
Hay BigB do you think Jar Jar would joine this club would be nice if he did.

Mace Windex
06-06-2002, 10:07 PM
Hello again everyone, it's Dave aka "Mace Windex" from Tampa, Florida!

In addition to my local Toys R US lowering their small Star Wars figure price to $4.99 my local Walmart has dropped their price to $4.77 each! It's about time!! Go out and get those figures!!!

BTW, I searched for the Bo Shek wave and they were all gone. Most likely, the flea market scalper picked them all up! I knew I should have got em when I first saw em!

bigbarada
06-06-2002, 10:16 PM
How did you know, I've been staying up all night?;)

Actually I've had to start forcing myself to go to bed at around 10 every night, in order to get my sleep schedule back on track. I'm supposed to be starting college next month and don't need to be falling asleep in class. I've even taken to drinking coffee throughout the day to keep from napping in the afternoon and not being able to sleep all night long. Hopefully I'll get myself straightened back out soon. I have to start setting my alarm for 6:30 in the morning to keep from sleeping too late also.:)

Yeah, the JT thing was a little wierd when he's complaining about people being intolerant one minute and posting jokes to reinforce a stereotype the next. I'm all for joking around and I don't like when people decide to be PC police as Jar Jar put it. Besides when did we become so sensitive as a society? I think it was the minute people realized that they could sue and cash in on discrimination.

Well, good night all. I'm going to hang out here for a few more minutes then there is a couple passages I need to read in the Bible. Ever heard of Kay Arthur? She is a Bible teacher who does a TV show and has a few books out. She gave an excellent lesson tonight about why God lets bad things happen and I want to study the passages she quoted.

mylow thehutt
06-06-2002, 10:19 PM
hay guys I'm in for the night,just typed up my new sig line,you guys like it,my pastor told me this one at church.well good night.

bigbarada
06-06-2002, 10:21 PM
It would be nice if Jar Jar would become a member of this club. But then I'm always happy to see new people here.

So we have two Dave's in this club? Uh-oh, I guess we should stick with usernames to avoid confusion.:)

I'm glad that Wal-Mart is lowering the prices again. I guess that little smiley face has a job after all. ;)

bigbarada
06-06-2002, 10:22 PM
I like that Mylow, pretty funny.:)

JetsAndHeels
06-06-2002, 11:51 PM
Well we lost tonight guys. Detroit 3, Carolina 1.
Thats ok, we went up there and got a win, so now its back here to Raleigh on Saturday. Cant wait!!
Sorry, I realize this isnt a sports thread, but I dont have anyone else here on the forums to share this with!!
Hope everyone is having a great evening!!

bigbarada
06-07-2002, 12:04 AM
Sorry about that Jango.:(

Well, I better get to bed, it's 10:00 and I decided that I'd start forcing myself to go to bed earlier so I wouldn't sleep the days away anymore. I'll catch you guys tomorrow.

The "few minutes" I decided to stay online turned into almost two hours.:rolleyes:

Later, Jango, since I think you're the only one still here. Don't forget to turn out the lights when you leave.:)

JetsAndHeels
06-07-2002, 12:07 AM
I will clean up and cut the lights off. I think Dryanta will open up shop tomorrow for us.....
Goodnight all.

mylow thehutt
06-07-2002, 07:51 AM
:D Good morning US of A,it's 7:48 over here sun is shinning and I'm late for school.:p hay who heard about the new B-jay two packs,Yoda, Dooku mave and jango others,better get to my local B-Jays.later.:)

Jason B
06-07-2002, 08:41 AM
its 8:30 here, and im at school all day with no finals and i have my computer with me with access to a T1 line. what should i get? :)

bigbarada
06-07-2002, 08:50 AM
Do you guys have year-round school? Or Summer school? :confused: The middle school that my dad works at is closed down for the summer.

Is B-Jay's a retail chain where you live Mylow? I've never heard of it.

bigbarada
06-07-2002, 08:51 AM
BTW, it's 10 minutes till 7 AM over here. Don't you just love time zones?:)

Dryanta
06-07-2002, 11:13 AM
Good morning all.
Bj's is like a warehouse store.Like Sam's club.There is one the next town down.The figures and cards are the same just seeled in a clam shell.
Yeah time zones are always fun.
getting on a schedule is a good idea right about now BigB.Save you some physical hassles in a short time ;)
Has your Brother started on a chewie bust yet?Just curious.
Did ant of you see that The jawa ans Santrooper sites are deciding wether or not to support the petitions.Might be a major shot in the arm for a site to step up.Considering the competition between the sites it might make a another or two to do the same.
That would work for me!!
What do you need to get J? Your head examined.
And I've added the boshek wave back on your list Mylow.Might make a run tomorrow.See if I can get some signatures. :)
And Jango it's as good a place as any to talk sports.We're here.
Someday I'll go off on a major two wheel kick.That's what I'm here for to share it all.

bigbarada
06-07-2002, 12:43 PM
My brother has been procrastinating big time on that Chewie bust, he's kind of like that sometimes. Wishy-washy artists, who needs em?;) Anyway, I hope he gets started on it soon; but it did take him almost six months to sculpt that Leia bust (two months of thinking about it) so I assume he'll get around to it. I would hold off on buying any of the stuff he wants to trade until he starts on it though. From the way he keeps describing what he wants to do, it might be smaller than he originally said. I keep telling him that if it is 6" tall then it should be taller than an action figure. However, he is figures his rates on the amount that professional artists charge for their busts; but I don't think he should be charging professional rates until he actually becomes a professional. Oh well, I'll make sure he doesn't fall into the "this is good enough" trap when making your sculpt.

Deoxyribonucleic
06-07-2002, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Mace Windex

BTW, I searched for the Bo Shek wave and they were all gone. Most likely, the flea market scalper picked them all up! I knew I should have got em when I first saw em!

actually, TRU has taken all that stuff down (here to in California) and will be, according to my local TRU manager, putting lots of star wars stuff, including saga figs on clearance (that's different from lowering prices to 4.99, they did that to compete with Walmart/Target) at the end of the month. So that's why you don't see the old POTJ's on the pegs now.

:p

Dryanta
06-07-2002, 01:43 PM
Hey Deoxy,
Sorry had to abreviate.;) thanks for the info.I'll be watching for them.Welcome and don't be a stranger.Calm bunch and a good bunch of people.
I messed up this morning.Had an issue come up at another site and I posted a rant in the petition thread.I went back and edited it out,but it had already been quoted.I really need to put my brain in gear before I kick the clutch on my mouth.I really screwed that all up.

bigbarada
06-07-2002, 02:14 PM
I've been known to lose my temper on the forum from time to time also. My main fuse-lighter though is arrogance from other posters who think their opinions are somehow more valid than anyone elses. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Welcome Deoxyribonucleic! Like Dryanta said, don't be a stranger.

I just made another post in the thread about rapidly losing interest in collecting over in the Saga section. I was recalling the old POTF2 days and Ep1 days and how much the hobby has fallen since then. Now I'm depressed so I have to think about something other than Star Wars for a while.

I'll catch you guys later tonight.

Deoxyribonucleic
06-07-2002, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Dryanta
Hey Deoxy,
Sorry had to abreviate.;) thanks for the info.I'll be watching for them.Welcome and don't be a stranger.Calm bunch and a good bunch of people.
I messed up this morning.Had an issue come up at another site and I posted a rant in the petition thread.I went back and edited it out,but it had already been quoted.I really need to put my brain in gear before I kick the clutch on my mouth.I really screwed that all up.

I do believe that EVERY human being is guilty of that at one time or another. I wouldn't stress yourself over it too much. You made an attempt to fix it and that's all you can do. Your heart's in the right place :)

No worries 'bout 'breviatin'...it's quite the long name hehe

check out KB's too, they are lowering their prices to 4.99 as well. The only store I know that will be putting figs on clearance though is TRU.

:)

Dryanta
06-07-2002, 03:05 PM
Will do and thanks for the understanding.
I think I may make the Major rounds again tomorrow.i need to go to my fathers house and bring back a motorcycle of his to work on.There's a KB in his town.They didn't have much last weekend but it won't hurt to check.He's also half way to the TRU and Target so I may wheel right down there with it before I tear it apart.;)
Get them figurews Browndroid.They had better be there today.2-3 days.BigB got his in two days.

JetsAndHeels
06-07-2002, 03:44 PM
Hi guys!!
Just wanted to stop in and say hello to everyone. Hope you all are having a great day.
Welcome to the club Deoxyribonucleic!! I am sure youll enjoy it here.
Went on my rounds today and hit KB and TRU. Same old mess. A fellow collector here in NC told me he found the Obi Pilot and Chewbacca at his KB, but no luck for me. Its really getting frustrating. Seems my local TRU isnt moving ANY product.

sir wilbur copeland
06-07-2002, 09:15 PM
Howdy everyone. Just wanted to say hi. Hope you are all well.

Dryanta
06-07-2002, 09:32 PM
Fair to midlin. ;)
All's well here really.Just tired.Petition thing is keeping me busy.
Heard of it? :)
Brown droid? Figures? I hope so.You definately should have them now.If not let me know.They are insured so I'll need to find out if they've been mis directed. I won't be around at all tomorrow so all have a great Saturday and I'll be back around Sunday afternoon.If anything comes up be sure to email.My wife checks it when I don't.DABRYANT@aol.com. Don't be afraid to use it if need be.BigB can also get a hold of me by phone in case of emergencies. I'll be here in spirit.Have a good one

bigbarada
06-07-2002, 10:00 PM
Hey, guys. Not much happening today, this whole business of trying to get my days and nights uncrossed is pretty tough. I tend to get overly-confrontational or overly-negative when I am tired so I figure I should stay out of any long-winded discussions.

SuperBattleDroid88
06-08-2002, 04:33 PM
Hey Guys I got the Bespin Wave yesterday finnally!!!!!!!!!!
They are really nice!!!!! I got them at KB Toys!!!!! I only need 6 more figures!!!!!!!!!! I also got the Ultimate Jango Fett at K-Mart too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It was a great day!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

bigbarada
06-08-2002, 05:56 PM
Congrats on the awesome find SBD88!!

Nothing new over here, still. I think it's been well over a month since the Wal-Mart has gotten any new figures, K-Mart hasn't had anything new either.

bigbarada
06-08-2002, 09:26 PM
Wow, pretty dead in here on the weekends.

ahem **clears throat** HAAALLLOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! HAAALLLOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
HAAALLLOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!HAAALLLOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

ECHO! ECHO!ECHO!ECHO!

:D

SuperBattleDroid88
06-08-2002, 10:22 PM
How do you change your font on a post?
Thanks in advance!! :)

JesusFreak
06-08-2002, 10:35 PM
I just noticed that I haven't posted in a while, I usually just read the posts. Anyways I got some new cd's, anyone here heard of relient k? they're cool, I'm probly gonna buy the plus one albums since I like pop like n'sync (oh the horror!) but I don't like secular music so this is like a perfect solution hehe, anyways, I'l see y'all around and God bless :)

bigbarada
06-08-2002, 10:58 PM
SBD88, this is how it looks all typed out, only without the spaces before the end bracketts:

ahem **clears throat** [ SIZE=5 ]HAAALLLOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!![ /SIZE ] [ SIZE=3 ]HAAALLLOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!![ /SIZE ]
[ SIZE=2 ]HAAALLLOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!![ /SIZE ][ SIZE=1 ]HAAALLLOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!![ /SIZE ]

[ SIZE=5 ]ECHO![ /SIZE ] [ SIZE=3 ]ECHO![ /SIZE ][ SIZE=2 ]ECHO![ /SIZE ][ SIZE=1 ] ECHO![ /SIZE ]

The sizes go all the way from size 1 to size 10

Jesus Freak, NSYNC?? Noooooooooo!!!!:p

JesusFreak
06-08-2002, 11:12 PM
Well ya know its good music to dance to and umm justin timberlake has a...great.......voice *runs away*

SuperBattleDroid88
06-08-2002, 11:33 PM
HEY YO!!!!
that was a test...
THANKS!!!!!!

SuperBattleDroid88
06-08-2002, 11:34 PM
IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!
THANK YOU AGAIN!!!!

SuperBattleDroid88
06-08-2002, 11:34 PM
:D

dingodad
06-08-2002, 11:56 PM
Hello all. I was just looking for a Texas collector club but this is better. I am Christian(first of all), male, 31, from Arlington Texas. i enjoy fishing, paintball, customising figures, and spending time with my 2 dogs (Gerty and Dingo). I was saved when I was 20 at a tent revival. I wasnt brought up going to church but my parents did convey a strong moral attitude. I have been posting here for about a year(previously under the name Buba Fatt) but as you can see by my # of posts, I dont post much. I post ,really, only when I have something to say. I was hopeing that maybe my bretheren here might pray for me. I am very self centered. I have just almost stopped living for God alltogether. My language is not fit to be on HBO. I dont pray nor read my Bible. The people that I work with have seen this change in me from my language mostly. But i hope that yall might pray for me to let God be the focus of my life again. Thank you.

JesusFreak
06-09-2002, 12:21 AM
Sure thing dingodad, we'll be praying for you, just trust in God

bigbarada
06-09-2002, 12:51 AM
I can understand completely what you are going through, dingodad. I was saved at the age of 9, but for the eleven years I was in the Army I didn't live according to God's ways at all. It took a complete change of circumstances (me leaving the Army) to get my life back on track and re-dedicate myself to God.

So I will definitely be praying for you. God bless.:) And don't worry, no matter how far you've slidden, God will always welcome you back to the fold. All you have to do is want to come back.

JesusFreak
06-09-2002, 10:15 AM
Yeah, I went through a stage like that too, even though I am young, but just remember that God wants you back, all you have to do is repent and he'll take care of you, He's taking care of you now. Even if you're not following Him He's still watching over you. He'll never leave you or forsake you :)

bigbarada
06-09-2002, 11:54 AM
I had a very interesting conversation with a member on these boards yesterday. He's not a part of this club, in fact he's one of the staunch "athiests" who spoke out in the Jesus Loves You thread. Well, it turns out that his dad is in the military and I just happened to work under him while I was stationed in Bosnia in 96-97. His dad was the guy responsible for writing up the orders for deployments and arranging for replacements and all that stuff.

Anyways, we got to talking about that and the conversation kind of died down, then all of a sudden this kid (he is still in high school) PMs me again bragging about how he's going out on a date with this hot chick and he hopes to "get lucky" tonight. Well, this totally throws me for a loop. I didn't even know what to say. The way I saw it, if I told him not to go through with it, he wouldn't listen to me at all. However, if I give him some advice he might actually follow it might just be the "foot in the door" kind of thing. So I simply advise him to use protection and play it safe. I guess he figured that since I was in the Army and stationed in Bosnia I would be happy for him if he "scored" with this girl.

This actually got me to thinking about what the Bible says about this sort of thing. It being fornication and a sin. I was raised that way and have followed that philosophy my entire life (thus making me a 29 year old virgin). I just want to keep sexual relations within the boundaries of marriage. Now I'm not trying to condemn anyone here who hasn't followed this and I'm definitely not trying to project a "holier than thou" attitude. I just think it is important for younger Christians to realize that it is possible to live a full, happy life without trying to sleep with every girl you see. I know God either has a woman set-aside for me (or I may be set aside for her - equal opportunity y'know ;) ) OR it just isn't in his plan for me to marry at all. Either way, I'm fine with that and am happy to just leave it all in the Lord's hands.

Me and Dryanta have actually been discussing this in PMs and he wanted me to bring it up in the club to kind of "set an example" for younger Christians. I wasn't sure how to bring it up; until this conversation yesterday with the non-believing member of these forums. So if nothing else, that incident provided me a way to bring this topic up without seeming too forced (well, maybe just a little forced :) ).

Now I hope that wasn't too awkward. Any other thoughts on this?

JesusFreak
06-09-2002, 01:49 PM
I agree BigB, marriage and sex were meant to be together. The Bible says that if two people are married they become one flesh, and what God put together let no man seperate. Today though there are tons of divorces and re-marriages and pre-marriage sex, it just goes to show you how bad things have gotten since the beginning. Anyways those are my 2 cents

Dryanta
06-09-2002, 02:19 PM
welcome dingodad!!
And do not be a stranger.If you really want to get it all straight this group is a good place to start.
And If you need an ear from someone who has been where you are then by all means come here.There are few of us that will be gentle and patient,some firm and loving,others( ;) will blast you with reality.
You pick.God has assembled all temperments and gifts here.Use us.
Now with that said.Smarten up.Everyone loves half the passage where Jesus says he'll never leave you or forsake you.Great when times are good and we have a period of rest.Bad when the same principle applies and He hounds us and hunts us down when we stray.Fair warning and you take it from one with experience.You ever seen a picture of a shepard with a lamb drapped around their neck?When a GOOD SHEPARD has an unrulely lamb that will not stay with the flock,they used to break two legs and carry them until they healed.The lamb learns dependence and submission,and most of all to stay close to the shepard.Better two broken legs that will heal then be dead.
Get the idea?Now if you decide to continue then expect a big whack.understand that 'I will chastan those that I love" And trust me he will rebuke you for your own good.
Now I will do anything I have to and can to help you avoid that.But you need to do your part and be obediant to Him.Agreed?Or should we expect to hear from you about a major delema in your life?
You my friend will be afforded the same choice by me that God himself gives you.You chose.You have all the help you need for NOW right here.
Told you some would blast you.:)
Now on little less happy note Big B, I found a bespin Vader for you yesterday.He'll ride with the rest hopefully soon.I also have another Bespin Vader,Bespin Luke with the plastic post,and an obi Wan pilot.BigB I think you mentioned you didn't want any of those so if anybody else is in need let me know.No Hans Chewies or Palpatines.No Ackley or Nexu yet either.
Hello to all and I'll be around a bit later.
DingoDad please consider what I said to you.It's in love that I say it.I'm not big on sugar coating serious issues.You are in a very bad place for a child of God to be.Get it straight or He will for you.
I'll be back later.And I am still in prayer for your VBS Jesus freak,Your Dad and situation Nate,Your postition Jango,and mylow,Jason,Deox,and Grif in general.I have spoken to Jedipartner a few times and he is well and on vacation in Cali for a bit.
I am hoping that Jediteacher may be around more once the school year is over.I don't know for sure,just a guess.
God bless all And I'll catch you all in a bit.

JetsAndHeels
06-09-2002, 02:53 PM
You have an Obi pilot Dryanta? I would definately be interested in that!! I have been looking all over for this guy.
Well the Canes lost last night, in a triple overtime game. Thats 6 periods of hockey, which is the equivalent of 2 full games. It started a little after 8pm last night and ended around 2 this morning. Man, was I tired at church!!

JesusFreak
06-09-2002, 03:21 PM
Yeah I went in the living room last night and saw that it was in 3)T, lol. So what're the current standings of the stanley cup?

JetsAndHeels
06-09-2002, 03:26 PM
Detroit is leading the series 2 games to 1. Game 4 is here tomorrow night at 8pm. If the Canes can win tomorrow night, that means it will be tied 2-2 and that Detroit will have to win it in Carolina. You see the way the games are is 2 games in Detroit, 2 games here, then 1 game in Detroit and 1 game back here if necessary. However, if Detroit wins again tomorrow night, they can go back home with a 3-1 lead and take the series with a win there. What I am hoping for is we win tomorrow night, and then a game 7 will be forced, which would be here in Raleigh.
The Canes HAVE to win tomorrow night or I would pretty much say it is over. I am not losing hope at all, but it would be very difficult to be down 3-1 and go back to Detroit where they would have home advantage.

mylow thehutt
06-09-2002, 05:08 PM
Hay guys hows it going like the new avtars Jango and JesusFreak,I just got into collecting the new Ep2 cards to hold me over till new figs come out. well talke later.

JetsAndHeels
06-09-2002, 05:15 PM
Thanks Mylow. I have to support my team you know, and I figured what better than to have the Hurricanes logo as my avatar. You also have a new one dont you? I think I remember yours being different the other day.
The EP2 cards are pretty cool. I am getting close to having the entire set, I am just missing a few of the cards. I did score the Jango foil, so if I was to quit buying them now I would be completely satisfied, since that was the main card I was out to get.

mylow thehutt
06-09-2002, 05:35 PM
Yeah I just got a Yoda one,I think he's my best one so far.

JetsAndHeels
06-09-2002, 05:59 PM
Keep buying those packs, Mylow. The foils are placed 1 in every 2 packs. Pretty good odds if you are looking to get all 10 of them.

mylow thehutt
06-09-2002, 06:04 PM
I have I think 2 holos (foils) one is a clone ship and the other is the naboo palace. My other Faveret is clone troppers rideing on the swoops.Also were you live how munch do they cost,there $1.97 here.:cool:

JetsAndHeels
06-09-2002, 06:07 PM
They are right around 2 dollars a pack. Not too bad, considering you get 8 cards and possibly a holo or special insert.

mylow thehutt
06-09-2002, 06:11 PM
whats a special insert?

JetsAndHeels
06-09-2002, 06:15 PM
They look kind of like the holo cards, but they are specially inserted. I am not sure the odds of getting one, but there are 10 of them. So far I have only managed to get one. I got a Count Dooku and it is grey like the holo cards, but the image is of the character standing on the middle part of the card and it has their name on it.

mylow thehutt
06-09-2002, 07:01 PM
Thats sweet,also Jason B why does it say last smack down by Jedi Tricks,did you do somthing wrong.:sur:

Jason B
06-09-2002, 07:07 PM
nope, lol. my idea got "smacked down" by him at the date and time i posted. go look in the IMG coding thread i made. :) i put it as my sig.

bigbarada
06-09-2002, 10:46 PM
So you said you got a Bespin Vader, Dryanta? Sweet! :) Remember when I asked you if you needed any older POTF2 figures? Well, anything you want me to look for?

Are those Ep2 cards like your standard trading cards or are they part of a CCG? I've seen them around but never really got too much into those collectible card games.

mylow thehutt
06-09-2002, 10:57 PM
well I since I heard good stuff about them,and they have such good prices I thought aw what the heck.

JetsAndHeels
06-09-2002, 11:00 PM
Sounds like Dryanta hit the figure jackpot this weekend!! Wish some of that luck would hit my area.

bigbarada
06-09-2002, 11:27 PM
So are you saying that they are a CCG set? Either way I'm thinking about picking a few up since I kind of want something cheap to collect also.

JetsAndHeels
06-09-2002, 11:32 PM
BigB, there is a CCG set, and a regular movie card line. The ones Mylow and I were talking about were the basic movie cards.

bigbarada
06-09-2002, 11:54 PM
Oh well, that's cool. I guess I will have to look for those. Thanks.:)