PDA

View Full Version : Christian Collector/fan club.All are welcome

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

JetsAndHeels
06-09-2002, 10:58 PM
Did you watch the basketball game tonight BigB? Do you follow the NBA any?

Deoxyribonucleic
06-09-2002, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by JangoFett96
Did you watch the basketball game tonight BigB? Do you follow the NBA any?

I did and of course the Lakers ROCK!

3 down 1 ta' go! hehe

:D

and I normally don't watch ANY sports but these Lakers sucked me in over the last 3 years!

JetsAndHeels
06-09-2002, 11:15 PM
I wonder how many riots we will see in LA when the Lakers wrap this one up. Hopefully none, but it gets wild out there.

Deoxyribonucleic
06-10-2002, 01:48 AM
I wonder how many riots we will see in LA when the Lakers wrap this one up. Hopefully none, but it gets wild out there.

I'll let you know. :crazed:

bigbarada
06-10-2002, 03:50 AM
I don't really keep up with sports all that much. I'll pay attention when football season starts and I watch the odd NASCAR race; but apart from that I'm not much of a sports enthusiast.

As for favorite teams, well I like the Pittsburgh Steelers when it comes to football. Favorite NASCAR drivers would be Dale Earnhardt. As for living drivers I would pick Dale Jr. or Jimmie Johnson.

Jason B
06-10-2002, 09:57 AM
I just got out of a meeting that will hopefully be my solution to graduating with my class. could you all please pray for me? right now they're deciding wheher or not i'm accepted, and they will let me know tomorrow. i reeally need to get in. thank you.

bigbarada
06-10-2002, 10:25 AM
Sure we'll be praying for you.:) Can you give any details as to what's going on? If not that's cool, we'll still keep you in prayer.

BTW, your avatar seems like it is getting darker every time I see it. I can barely make it out.

Jason B
06-10-2002, 02:34 PM
sure, i can tell you the whole story. :)
I failed freshman English my freshman year. I was at a private school, so they kicked me out. (well, not really, but they told me to take summer school, or not to come back.) so, i transferred to the school that I'm at now, and last year, i failed Freshamn English again. this year, i took it again (as a Junior :rolleyes: )and passed it. soooo, next year, hopefully i'll get in this other program where for one half of the day, ill go to vocational. for the other half, ill go to a class for 3 hours a day. after 3 weeks, ill move on to the next class. i have to make up 3 englishes, one of them i'll take as a regular class. hopefully it works out. :)

I don't understand why my avatar is like that. does it look really dark in the attachment? it may be your brightness settings, or something else. check your moniter cable, nake sure its plugged in all of the way. (sorry, drifted off into tech mode for a sec. ;))

bigbarada
06-10-2002, 03:00 PM
Well, if you need help writing papers or anything like that, let me know. I got straight A's through English in high school and college, so I'd be happy to help you out however I can.:)

The avatar still seems dark, but I don't seem to have that problem with anything else on my monitor. Hmmmmm.....

Question for you Jason, I need to know the approximate value of my computer (the IRS is threatening to "levy on certain assets" if I don't pay them soon, and my bankruptcy is taking forever) so I can claim that it is valuless enough to not be taken. It is a 350Mhz AMD K62 processor, 128 meg RAM, 7.5 gig hard drive, 40x CD ROM, no 3D graphics capabilities, RIVA TNT graphics card, Soundblaster AWE64 sound card, 56k modem, 17" monitor, and a Lexmark Z22 printer.

I figure this thing can't be worth much more that $200-$300. Especially taking into account that the cooling fan doesn't work and I have to use a tiny, $10 room fan pressed up against the tower to keep it from overheating.

JesusFreak
06-10-2002, 03:25 PM
If you put the package up on ebay you'd probly get around $300, and it must be your monitor BigB, his avatar looks fine for me. I'll be prayin for you Jason (is that your real name?)

Jason B
06-10-2002, 03:36 PM
yeah, its probably worth $300-$350. I appreciate the offer Nate. :) i may take you up on it at some point in time, we'll have to see. it's going to be quite a jump going to senior English from Freshman English.
yes, JesusFreak, it is my real name, thank you.

mylow thehutt
06-10-2002, 04:02 PM
Wuz up dogs,(doesen't todays slang sound funny)Hay JangoFett,some kid I go to school with,and he also collects the starwars cards,offered $10 for my yoda card,I need your advice,should I hang on to Yoda,or hand it over for $10 and a Kit Fisto card.

JetsAndHeels
06-10-2002, 04:18 PM
I would take the $10 Mylow, because the foil cards are not that hard to find. They are packed one in every 2 packs, so with that money you could go buy 5 more packs and get 2 to 3 more foil cards. Or you could buy 2 new figures. Or you could buy lunch. Or you could.....
You get the picture!! I would sell it.
It is the regular holo card, right? If it is a special insert, I would keep it though.
Jason, I will keep you in my prayers. Good luck buddy.

mylow thehutt
06-10-2002, 04:22 PM
It's not a holo.

JetsAndHeels
06-10-2002, 04:35 PM
So its just the regular foil card? Definately sell it then!! You could use that 10 bucks on other stuff. Youre getting a good deal.

JetsAndHeels
06-10-2002, 04:37 PM
Wait a minute. You said it is NOT a holo? What does it say on the back?

mylow thehutt
06-10-2002, 04:42 PM
um........hang on,starwars trading cards.why?

JetsAndHeels
06-10-2002, 04:49 PM
No I mean what description of the card does it give? Does it say "Prismatic Holo or Foil Cards"?

mylow thehutt
06-10-2002, 04:52 PM
were would it say this

mylow thehutt
06-10-2002, 04:55 PM
Oh mymad it says neither,is that good.

JetsAndHeels
06-10-2002, 05:02 PM
Ok. Does the front of the card have just a pic of Yoda, or does it have Yoda and his name printed on it?
You see the regular holo cards just have the character and the shiny background. The prismatic foil cards have the character and their name on it.

bigbarada
06-10-2002, 05:03 PM
Thanks for the price quotes, Jason and JesusFreak.:)

I figured this thing wasn't worth crap now, I think I paid like $1600 for it when I bought it ( it had a scanner, a much better printer and a 3D card then) way back in 1999.

I like your new avatar, mylow, what is that?

mylow thehutt
06-10-2002, 05:06 PM
Thats Demiveemon.

bigbarada
06-10-2002, 05:28 PM
Cool.:cool:

The only trading cards I have right now are the ESB movie cards from 1980. Not a complete set by far, but still some interesting and rare movie shots in there. I really want to find the original ROTJ card set, since that was the one I had the most of as a kid.

My brother has thousands of those CCG cards, at least it seems like thousands.

JetsAndHeels
06-10-2002, 05:34 PM
Where has Dryanta been? Hope hes doing allright.
Do you know BigB?

mylow thehutt
06-10-2002, 05:46 PM
Yeah were is he,didn't he say he was going out of town.

bigbarada
06-10-2002, 06:01 PM
He posted here earlier this morning telling everyone to hold off on the petitions for now. He said something about getting an e-mail from someone who had done this sort of thing before and it required a completely different approach. He said he had to leave to make some arrangements and hasn't been back since. This was around 7 or 8 this morning.

Jason B
06-10-2002, 06:17 PM
he was here at around 10-10:30 this morning, and he told me to get back to work. he aslo said that he'd need my help with it, whatever it is.

JesusFreak
06-10-2002, 06:43 PM
Hey all, I bought the new Plus One album yesterday, it's ok, kinds slow though. Gonna buy the old one sometime this week, btw I like your sig Jason :)

JetsAndHeels
06-10-2002, 06:44 PM
Well im off to watch the hockey game. I have got my fingers crossed on this one. Hopefully when I am talking to you all tonight the Canes will have won.
See you in a couple of hours.

Jason B
06-10-2002, 06:46 PM
me too, i saw it on another forum site, and though itwas pretty good. :)

Dryanta
06-10-2002, 08:18 PM
Hello to all,
Lango pm me your address and I'll ship the Obi pilot to you.
Major refocus on the petitons Need major help from all.Dropped evrything but a major push for collector voice with Hasbro.
Feel like I've been hit with a sledge hammer and I need to go and rest.Browndroid is going on Vaca so he''ll be missing for bit.I'll be some what infrequent for a while.I will be sure to check in with you all daily.I'm tired guys time to go.Bigb,I will definately be seeking some insight into the issue you mentioned in Pm.I haven't got an answer as of yet.I will pray and seek.Good night guys.If anything urgent comes up.Email or give BigB a yell,He knows how to reach me.or Jason can do it as well.I'm never very far.

JesusFreak
06-10-2002, 09:29 PM
Get alot of rest Dryanta, I've been feeling really worn out too with VBS, speaking of vbs, I got all my lines memorized and 7 kids came to know the Lord, thanks for all your prayers :)

Edit: 50 posts, YAY! hehe

JetsAndHeels
06-10-2002, 10:33 PM
I sent you a pm Dryanta.
Rest well and we will talk to you again tomorrow.

bigbarada
06-11-2002, 07:08 AM
Morning all, it's 6:04 AM and the temperature outside is already 80 degrees. We're looking at a high of about 100 by this afternoon and highs in the triple digits throughout the week. Humidity is at 30% with very little chance for rain in the forecast.:)

Don't you just love summer? Oh wait, summer doesn't start for another two weeks.:frus:

Well, not much going on today and I've got to take my dog out for a walk. Catch you guys later!

JetsAndHeels
06-11-2002, 03:06 PM
Thats pretty darn hot, BigB. Its been pretty warm here too, getting up into the high 90's. Thats nothing new here though, Carolina usually has warm summers. But I guess thats nothing compared to where you are.
Found the Nexu and Deluxe Anakin today.

mylow thehutt
06-11-2002, 03:13 PM
Hay cograts on your find Jango,I'm a display collector so do you recomend the Neux?well guys I'm going swimming at my grandparents type later.;)

JetsAndHeels
06-11-2002, 04:01 PM
The Nexu is very nice. It has good articulation and the sound effects are sweet. The only complaint I have with it is its tail is rubbery and I can see it getting a little flimsy with time. Other than that its a great toy.

mylow thehutt
06-11-2002, 09:00 PM
Hay guys I'm back,I'm about to go.By the looks of it Jason B is the only one up well don't forget to lock up,on the way home my mom stoped at toys R us,nothing new but I had some so I picked up a

L.......a.rwen oh well the chick jedi with the blast effect,I could never spell her name,any way she is a great figure I can't wait for Baris Offiee,I also picked up some cards.well my B-Day is this saturday.Can't wait.also can any one help me out with the Chewy/3PO,and endor Han.I dout I will never see these guys till my next birthday.any way I'm off later.:) :( :o :D ;) :p :cool: :rolleyes: :mad: :eek: :confused: :frus: :evil: :sur: :stupid: :happy: :Pirate: :greedy: :cry: :kiss: :dead: :crazed: :zzz: :zzz:

Jason B
06-11-2002, 09:02 PM
Luminara? :D
yeah, I'm heading off to bed too. talk to you all later. no word if I got in Epic or not, ill have to see tomorrow.

JetsAndHeels
06-11-2002, 09:40 PM
Well let me wish you a happy early birthday Mylow. Did you get any good cards?

JesusFreak
06-11-2002, 09:52 PM
Happy early b-day dude! How old are you now?

mylow thehutt
06-12-2002, 06:46 AM
Thanx,I'll be 15 I got some good cards but not ones that would like stop the world,but there was some cool ones in there.

JetsAndHeels
06-12-2002, 02:38 PM
I spoke to Dryanta this morning and he asked me to tell everyone hello and if anyone needs to reach him, to ask either myself, BigB, or Jason. He is still very busy and I think things are still a little crazy for him. Just wanted to pass that along.
Hope everyone is doing well today.

Jason B
06-12-2002, 07:54 PM
i have great news for you all. I got into EPIC!!! Thank you for all the prayers. this is so awesome!! i will graduate in 2003. even better, i will have no finals, or midterms, and, i will be able to do a 3 week block of being a tech. that means that i will have three weeks of my only class being senior english. this is so decent. :D

Dryanta
06-12-2002, 08:06 PM
Hello all,
I need your prayers badly over the night and tomorrow.I REALLY NEED THEM!!
Overview for you all.There is a particular model Harley Davidson I have been begging God for for 14 years.
While still in the trucking business I got to be friends with one of the parts guys at my Kenworth dealer.Well he has one.exact year model all of it.Well he won't sell it until March of 2003.Long story.Anyway he calls tonight.It's for sale now.Another guy has the bike he wants and wants to trade.so he's either trading Saturday morning,or I'm buying Friday.
I made the mistake ;) of starting to pray for my dream bike for this summer.Now here it is.And I'm deperate for this to work.I need the faith to see if it's from Him then it's already a done deal.Remember I'm beyond broke.Haven't worked since Feb.of 2001.It will be a major miracle if this happens.I mean major.
Please pray for this to come thru.If it doesn't,I'll need prayer to keep my head.Understand what I mean?
Considering some of your positions and mine,this request is pretty stupid.But I need to ask just the same.Please pray for me and this situation.I'm half in a panic of Fear and Joy.I'm trying hard to keep my fasth up.But the "situation" is making it difficult for me.Please pray.
Thanks bro's.I have a felling I can count on all of you to keep me grounded and centered no matter what happens

mylow thehutt
06-12-2002, 08:47 PM
go get man.and good luck:)

JetsAndHeels
06-12-2002, 09:05 PM
Dryanta,
We will all be praying for you. It is not a silly request either. Like you once told me, any concern is a valid one. I am praying for you as I type this. May the Lord see you through this as he sees fit.

JesusFreak
06-12-2002, 11:36 PM
I'm praying for you Dryanta. Just remember that God is sovereign over all, if he wants you to get the bike you'll get it :)

BTW does anyone here have AIM? If so then post your s/ns, mine's JesusFreak2940

JetsAndHeels
06-12-2002, 11:39 PM
Sorry, but what is AIM?
Obviously you know I dont have it, but you have sparked my curiosity.

JesusFreak
06-12-2002, 11:54 PM
AOL Instant Messenger, it's a really good IM service

bigbarada
06-13-2002, 12:00 AM
Hey, all. I think I got a virus on my computer, my system crapped out on me yesterday, wouldn't even load windows, so I borrow my brother's start-up disc and finally got my computer to boot up. However, now my system won't let me access cookies or cache, although it is saving it to somewhere. The inconvenient part is that I have to sign in everytime I get on this site now, the worrisome part is I think that cache is going to another computer like some kind of spy program. Norton Antivirus doesn't detect anything, neither does that Ad-Aware program I got from Jason B. But I have little doubt that someone is accessing my computer as I type this. I'm tempted to just format and start all over; but I no longer have a copy of Windows to load on my system, so I'm kind of screwed. Any suggestions?

In other news, you still need a Bloody Stump Luke, Dryanta? Cuz, I got one for ya if you do. It'll probably be a week before I can mail it to you, and I need your address.

I will keep you in prayer about the bike, too. I hope you get it.:)

Because of this problem I'm having with my system, I'm only going to access the internet for a few minutes a day until I can figure out what to do.

JesusFreak
06-13-2002, 12:04 AM
The only thing I can think of is to try to borrow a copy of windows from a friend.

bigbarada
06-13-2002, 01:26 AM
I tried to install my brother's copy, but he got his from Dell and it said I couldn't install that version on my computer.

I seem to have the situation under control now, I just went through and started deleting anything that seemed remotely suspicious and that seems to have worked for now. I found extra copies of my Cookies, History, and Temporary Internet Files folders in my TEMP folder. Are they supposed to be there? I deleted them and that seems to have fixed the problem; but they came right back when I booted up again. However, everything seems to be running normal again..... for now.

bigbarada
06-13-2002, 10:44 AM
Morning everyone! Whatever attacked my system seems to have passed. I don't think it is gone from my harddrive, just more like lurking in the background waiting to strike again.

Well, it reached 110 degrees here yesterday and is supposed to be hotter today.:eek:

So....uh....where is everybody??:confused:

JesusFreak
06-13-2002, 11:30 AM
Morning everyone! hope you're all doing alright.

Wow, that's pretty hot BigB. Usually our temp. is around 105 degrees. Though sometimes it gets up to 115-120. I remember one summer we didnt have air conditioning for 2 weeks and it just about killed me, lol

bigbarada
06-13-2002, 12:01 PM
Where are you from again, JF? I just checked the thermostat and it is 116 degrees outside right now and it's only 11:00 AM!:eek:

JesusFreak
06-13-2002, 12:21 PM
116 already!?!?, I'll be praying for you man ;) and I live in Texas

JetsAndHeels
06-13-2002, 03:05 PM
The temperature here today is 99. When it gets that high you might as well say 100. All I know is I went outside this morning to let the dog out and I couldnt stand it. That was at 10am. Since then it has only gotten worse.
Today is my father's birthday, and the church decided to have a cookout for him in the town park today, but I dont see us staying outside. We may just have to take it inside since it is so hot.
Glad your computer is ok, BigB.
I pray everything is going ok for Dryanta today.

mylow thehutt
06-13-2002, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by JesusFreak
116 already!?!?, I'll be praying for you man ;) and I live in Texas

I thought you lived in earth:crazed: LOL.
Ok this is getting annoying,there has been no new figures any where! I haven't even seen hanger duel Anakin:mad: maby next year it will get better.:rolleyes:

**few** I feel better.but I'm still a littel mifed that nothing new is showing up,just the same old who-ha:(

JetsAndHeels
06-13-2002, 03:56 PM
Just give it time Mylow. I felt the same way until Tuesday of this week, when I scored the 2 new deluxe figures. Things come in at different stages.

SuperBattleDroid88
06-13-2002, 06:12 PM
I found the Nexu!!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Sorry! I'm just so happy! :p

bigbarada
06-13-2002, 10:16 PM
Well, the temp today peaked at over 120 degrees!:eek: I'm not sure how hot it really was because our thermostat only goes up to 120 and it was maxed out for several hours this afternoon. At least it is supposed to cool down tomorrow. A chilly 95 degrees, I might need a coat and some mittens.;) This is the hottest "springtime" weather this state has had in years.

This place it dead as far as new figures go. AOTC was pulled from the theater today and the stores have stopped ordering new toys.:frus:

Good news though, the VA is paying me $650 per month to go to college. All the paperwork just arrived today in the mail, now I just have to stop by the college tomorrow and make sure everything is ready to go.

JetsAndHeels
06-13-2002, 10:23 PM
That is great news, BigB. I am happy that they will be giving you some money to help out.
Just saw on the news here that our temp is still around 80. Man that is hot for after 11pm.

bigbarada
06-13-2002, 10:57 PM
Yeah, the nice thing about the desert is that it cools down considerably once the sun goes down. There is usually very little humidity, I know that's what makes it so hot over there in N. Carolina. I was over by Ft. Bragg visiting a friend of mine several years ago and I swear it rained at least twice a day the whole week I was there. Is that normal for you guys?

JetsAndHeels
06-14-2002, 12:08 AM
We get good amounts of rainfall annually, but this spring and summer has been nothing short of a drought. It is so dry here. People are watering their lawns constantly trying to get the grass back to its regular green color. All the yards here are brown and everything is in bad need of moisture. This is not normal for NC, but we do normally go through a small time when it doesnt rain much. However this year it is different. I heard someone say today that we would probably be put on water restrictions here because things are so bad.

JetsAndHeels
06-14-2002, 02:29 AM
Hey everybody,
I have been asked to moderate a new site called coruscantonline.com. The guy running it lives right here in NC (right down the road actually) so I told him I would help him out. This is just a new site with some forums on it. I told him I would be glad to help. It is not a rival site or anything like that. Just something new and I figured you all would like to know about it. I am inviting you all to go over and check it out. You can just use the link in my signature. Thanks alot.

Mace Windex
06-14-2002, 07:00 AM
Everyone,
I posted this in a stand alone thread but I didn't know how much you folks read the other parts of the board. Check it out!

Today I was making my rounds looking for the new figs when I saw a guy (prob late 40s) and his wife grabbing a stack of preview ZAMs off of the pegs. Obviously, I though this was weird but didn't really pay much attention until I saw that he was taking EVERY sneak preview figure off the rack! So, I gently grabbed a Clone Trooper off the peg and was looking at it while the guy continued to clean out the ENTIRE section. And I asked him, "Are you building an army?" He answered, "yeah, you could say that." Then, without even hesitating or looking at me (about finished filling his cart) this guy has the gall to mumble "you gonna buy that one or are ya just lookin'?" What? I said. (as if to point out that he already had enough in his cart). I sure am! Then I made a dash for the "other" SW section to get there first. I proceeded to grap a few sneak figs and hid them from Euro scalper's impending peg rampage. Sure enough, he was seconds behind me and cleaned out every figure once again! My wife was shocked. She even commented on how it wasn't fair to kids or fans who really need some of these figs. This guy is a jerk in my book. Buy a lot but at least leave some of each so others can enjoy them too. Darn scalper! And my comment about Europe comes from the fact that both he and his wife had British accents. Plus, who here in the USA is hoarding Sneak preview figures? Just a hunch that may solve the puzzle as to why so many figs vanish.
By the way, this guy saw my wife and I leave the store empty handed! It must have frosted his cake!! He probably went back in the store trying to find that Clone Trooper. Too bad dude!

bigbarada
06-14-2002, 09:46 AM
That's crazy, Mace. I wonder who that guy plans on selling the preview figures to? The comforting fact is that demand has dropped so much that he's probably be stuck with 90% of those "hot figures.":)

Pretty much all of New Mexico has been under drought conditions for the last month or so. There are currently restrictions on watering lawns and no one is allowed to fill up their swimming pools. If they had the swimming pools filled before the drought then they have to use that water for their lawns. If things continue then no one will be allowed to water lawns or plants of any kind and if they get worse the city will actually require everyone to dig up their lawn and dispose of it. Our front yard is gravel, it's kind of strange to try to grow a lawn in this part of the country. Even in good water conditions it costs several hundred dollars per month just to keep it alive. Just in our little neighborhood the residents with lawns spent over a million dollars last year just keep their grass watered.

Anybody heard from Dryanta, or mylow, or Jason?:confused: I'll give Dryanta a call tonight to see how things are going.

I'll also try to check out that site, Jango.

Jason B
06-14-2002, 10:48 AM
hello again. :) i signed on today, and i had 1200 new posts. :eek:

not much has gone on here, monday, tuesday, and wednesday were all final days, so i was walking around the two towns closest to me, and i never got on a computer long enough to check my posts here.

I'm happy though, I got into Epic, I am out of school, and I am officially a senior. :D

sorry i wasnt here Big B, to help out with your computer, glad you got it straightened out though. :)

I don't know what's happened to my uncle, I was supposed to be out there today, but i got tied up yesterday, and didnt get home 'til 11:30, so i slept late today. I needed it. :)

bigbarada
06-14-2002, 11:25 AM
Congrats Jason!:)

I've got a Bloody Stump Luke waiting for Dryanta to say if he wants it or not. So let him know that if you see him around. Like I said I'll give him a call later on this evening (I have to remember the time difference) anyway.

My brother is having similar problems with his computer, we both have Windows ME so I'm thinking it might be some kind of glitch unique to ME. The problem with the cache and cookies has happened to me once before so we'll see if it happens again.

Mace Windex
06-14-2002, 01:59 PM
Bloody stump Luke?!?! I need one of those!! I'll take him in any condition too! Actually, I'd take either LUke!!

mylow thehutt
06-14-2002, 03:14 PM
Hay guys,I was wondering if any one could help me out with some
figures.heres what I need

1:Jango final battel

2:Yoda

3.Dooku

4.chewy/3PO

5.And Han

thats pretty much it.also I resgestered at rebelscum.com.
can't wait for saturday.:)

JesusFreak
06-14-2002, 03:23 PM
Only two more weeks til Glorietta yay! Well a few friends and I went to fun fest to bowl last night and I got a new high score, 120 :D I think my previous high was like 97. BTW noone said anything about AIM except Jango, anyone use it?

Dryanta
06-14-2002, 03:27 PM
Hello all,
Happy Birthday Mylow!!!
I have almost finished a major prodject for my mother.Been a very long week.
BigB!! Hip him here Dave Bryant 113 Pineland Drive Wnthrop,Me 04364.
I hope to be getting all your stuff to you soon.And I'm glad everything is looking up for you.
Well,it's TOP SECRET Jason ;) but I've got my bike nailed down!!!
Yeee Haaa!!
Should be able to get it next week.Could have had it tomorrow but the owner can't find the title.He will.Thanks for the prayer guys.I really needed to know if this was of God.I had a lot of prayer involved and it all came together this afternoon.After one solid day of extreme let down.He just kept impressing on me to have faith.It isn't over yet.trust and have faith.My favorite pryer,"lord I believe,increase my faith"
Here's one too."Please give me patience,RIGHT NOW!!"
;)
I've got a major prodject with my gathers motorcycle ahead of me.He also dropped a four wheeler off here the other day.Another one is coming too.Man,I'm getting tired.
I will keep an eye out for the figures Mylow.
Mace I have a Bespin Luke plastic post.If you want him let me know.
And thanks for the email.
I've changed gears with the petitions.I want to get a commitee oif 11 collectors.Nominations and volunteers are welcome.I nominated you BigB.I need to get over there later and clarify somethings I guess.I recieved a private message expressing some confusion.
I'll be back around a little later.
New prayer request.I need prayer in quiting smoking.Bout time I put it down for good.Thanks guys,and God Bless

bigbarada
06-14-2002, 03:38 PM
I don't have AOL on my computer, so I've never really used their IM system.

bigbarada
06-14-2002, 03:42 PM
Well, that's what I get for sitting on a post for fifteen minutes and not submitting it.:) Glad to hear from you again Dryanta! Nominated me for something? Should I be worried?;)

I'll ship off the Luke next week like I said. And I have an extra Yoda, mylow, if you don't mind waiting a little for me to ship him. LMK

mylow thehutt
06-14-2002, 03:55 PM
no not at all,:)also what does LMK mean?

bigbarada
06-14-2002, 03:57 PM
LMK=let me know

Sorry, I'm still getting used to internet lingo myself.:)

mylow thehutt
06-14-2002, 04:05 PM
cool,no I don't mind waiting:)

bigbarada
06-14-2002, 04:19 PM
Great, then I will send it off next week. I will need your address, so go ahead and PM that to me anytime.

BTW, Dryanta, the bloody stump Luke's card is not in the greatest of shape; but I know that you open everything so I didn't figure it was worth mentioning.:)

Mace, my brother picked up the BS Luke while out of town, so I don't have access to any more. Otherwise I would try to pick one up for you. Sorry about that.

JesusFreak
06-14-2002, 08:16 PM
Hey all, hope you guys are doing ok. I think I have money to buy a couple new figures, what would you recommend? I'm thinking Luke and Vader but I'm not sure. I already have..

Jango Kamino Escape
Obi-Wan Coruscant
Anakin Hangar
Padme Arena
Zam Bounty Hunter(?)
Yoda Jedi Master
Clone Trooper x2 (Preview)
Dooku (Deluxe)
R3-T7 (Preview)

I'm looking to get newer figures as in other than the original 27(although dooku interests me) and btw I open my figs

bigbarada
06-14-2002, 11:53 PM
I would recommend the Luke and Vader, if the action features really don't bother you. They are really well sculpted. Palpatine, Orn Free Taa, Chewie and the Massif seem like they will be cool too.

SuperBattleDroid88
06-15-2002, 11:55 AM
I got the Massiff last night and I was really satisfied by this figure! Here's my story of how I found him....
I went to Toys "R" Us last night and didn't find anything on the pegs but pegwarmers... I was waiting for my mom to get out of Target so I started to look around to see if anyone hid anything... I looked around the Starwars leg-os.....then..... I looked behind a leg-o Slave I and to my surprise I found about 4 figures stacked on top of eachother... Yoda was on top, then Dooku, MASSIFF, and a Rebel Soldier... I had them all but the Massiff! I couldn't believe it!!!!! I just put back all the figures on the pegs and bought the Massiff... What a find!!!!!!!!!! I didn't think I would find anything but well.... I DID! So check around everywhere behind boxes of leg-os, behind any large box and anywhere that looks like boxes were disturbed or taken out and put back in...

Mace Windex
06-15-2002, 09:54 PM
I had yet another scalper experience. I ran into one of the dreaded "Hot Wheels" scalpers at Target today. This guy was in his late 50's, had the typical pot belly, and the gray ponytail attached to his half bald head. He was hoarding all of the Hot WHeels motorcycles. Must be the new HOT E-bay item. I was ready for him to start filling his basket with SW items!! I've seen this guy before. He stands outside the store until it opens ( I've been early a couple of times and went for breakfast next door). Once the door opens this guy speed walks to the toys and blasts through them. Sigh.
ON an up note, I did find the NEXU and SLASHER Deluxe Anakin if anyone needs them.

Kuzu
06-16-2002, 12:47 PM
well people this mylow thehutt,and i just found the Ore Free Taa wave at wal-mart,bet in 2 to 3 weeks the bespin wave will hit the stores.also found the neux,but I only bought the reble scout.but I will buy the nuex and massif too.soon.well I'm now 15.
and a happy fathers day to you fathers here:)

Mace Windex
06-16-2002, 01:21 PM
Take note, Walmart stores are doing inventory this month so their inventory of SW figs will be light. My local store is doing their inventory this week so I'm looking forward to finding the new figs soon. I also went hunting late last night and found the entire SW section in shambles. To be nice, I organized and straightened the ENTIRE isle without so much as saying a word. A few WM employees were impressed and one asked if I was looking for specific SW figs. I told her yes but they aren't here. She said she would go look in the back. She came out with one box (only one they had) and it was the QUi-Gon wave. Still, see what I got without even asking? Making friends at the Walmart!

bigbarada
06-16-2002, 01:41 PM
I tried cleaning up the aisle at my local K-Mart and they called security on me.:frus: Even after all that work of emptying out peg space for new figures, someone came right behind me and arranged the figures in such a way that there were only three on each peg but they were pushed all the way to the front to make the peg look full.:mad: Oh well, I know not to waste my time or money at that K-Mart again.

Now that my interest in the Star Wars line is all but dead, I've started looking into rebuilding my old collection of GI Joe:ARAH figures. Most of them can still be found at reasonable prices for a twenty year old toy line.

As for future Star Wars releases, if you guys can keep your eyes peeled for Cloud City Chewie and Ephant Mon when he gets released. I still want the TIE Bomber and Rebel Fleet Trooper, Dryanta; but if you want to return the Massif, Orn Free Taa and Bespin Vader (or use them for other trades) that's fine with me. Aside from that I'm calling it quits until things start to change at Hasbro.

I'll still be around here and you can still count on my help for the Hasbro petitions, Dryanta. And I will still be looking out for stuff for you guys, so don't worry about that; just don't expect me to actually find anything in this town.

In other news, your bloody stump Luke should be in the mail by the end of next week, Dryanta; same with your Yoda, mylow.:)

dingodad
06-16-2002, 04:24 PM
What joes are you looking for BB?

mylow thehutt
06-16-2002, 08:00 PM
Hay guys:(I'm really sad,we had to get rid of my dog Mylow
:cry: But I got a Geko i named him Chester.Man whats a Hutt with out his Mylow though.I **sniff** will live the name proudly:happy:

bigbarada
06-17-2002, 12:03 AM
What happened with your dog mylow? Are you giving him away or having him put to sleep? I hope it's not the latter, that's always rough. We had to have a dog of ours put to sleep when I was a kid, she was a mix breed that we found stray; but she attacked my brother and bit him in the face and so my dad had her taken to the pound and put away. Pretty sad.:(

As for GI Joes that I am looking for, dingodad, they are mostly figures from the 1985-1986 waves. Most of them are pretty abundant on ebay; but a few (like Snake-Eyes and Alpine) usually command a higher price.

1985:
Alpine
Snake-Eyes with White Wolf
Flint
Barbeque
Bazooka
Footloose

1986:
General Hawk
Lifeline
Roadblock

If you have any of them, complete and in good shape, please let me know and we can work out a trade or I can just buy them from you (when I start getting my college money). I prefer them to have their original filecards; but that's okay if you don't have them.

mylow thehutt
06-17-2002, 06:47 AM
well we had to take him to the pound since he always chewed up every thing,and todays his first birthday.:(

JetsAndHeels
06-17-2002, 05:44 PM
Sorry to hear about that Mylow. It's hard losing a pet, no matter what the circumstances.
Hope everyone here is doing well. I didnt post over the weekend because I was in Charlotte at a comic/toy convention.
Happy Late Father's Day to all you dads!!

bigbarada
06-17-2002, 08:56 PM
Well, I just got a little bit of money in the mail, so I should be able to mail those figures out tomorrow, I still have to buy some packing tape though.

Do you plan to open this Yoda, mylow? I just want to know if I should be really careful when packing it to keep the card from getting creased or not. I'll do my best to pack it right either way.

JetsAndHeels
06-17-2002, 10:03 PM
Went to a comic/toy convention down in Charlotte over the weekend. Didn't find too much, but I had a great time all the same. The majority of the dealers there were mostly selling comics, but a few of them did have SW toys. Nothing new though. Just run of the mill stuff.
However, my best find came at a Wal Mart there in Charlotte. My friend and I stopped by there to see what they had. They had alot of figures, but none that I needed. However, as I was looking through the pegs, I noticed one of the cards looked different. It had a big white label on the top right hand corner. I pulled it out from the very back and lo and behold its a tri-logo peasant Anakin. The card is in Spanish, French, and what looks to be Portugese. I couldnt believe it. Only one there like that, so obviously an error being sent to old NC (LOL). Anyway I was happy to find it, since I didnt manage to score anything at the show!!

bigbarada
06-18-2002, 01:16 PM
That could have been a return and the store clerk just wasn't paying attention. I once went to the PX on Ft. Bliss and looked at their SW aisle and found a whole bunch of new figures, except they all had K-Mart price stickers on them. lol Looked like some scalper couldn't unload his excess figures and took a PX reciept and returned them all. :D

Well, I'll have to wait until tomorrow to mail out those figures, Dryanta and mylow. I overslept this morning and by the time I got back from the bank it was already 10:30 AM. Way too late in the day to be riding my bike out of town. The temp was already close to 120 degrees when I got back home, so I will try to make it out to the post office early tomorrow morning. (In case you were wondering, in the desert, you try not to do anything strenuous outside between 10 AM and 6 PM, and you try to stay inside completely between 12 PM and 4 PM. The sun can be lethal during those hours.) So I'll head out around 7 AM tomorrow and try to get those boxes sent off.

JesusFreak
06-18-2002, 01:35 PM
Hey all, kinda slow around here huh? Anyways I got the packet for Centrifuge and I just can't wait to go (next friday) but one thing that dissapointed me is that they don't allow you to bring personal cd players? What am I gonna do on a 12 hour car ride!?!? lol, anyways I'm really excited about that. I've been playing alot of rollercoaster tycoon, it's a great game. Hope you're all doing well and I'll see you later.

(P.S. the youth of my church have a bake sale this saturday to try to raise the rest of the money we need for centrifuge so please pray for that)

bigbarada
06-18-2002, 01:51 PM
Did they say why you weren't allowed to bring CD players? That's kind of wierd. Unless it's to help deter thieves, which still happens whether it is a Christian event or not.

12-hours. Wow. Maybe you can read a book?:confused: Who knows?

Anyway, good luck with the bake sale. We'll be praying that everything goes well.

JetsAndHeels
06-18-2002, 03:29 PM
Hey JesusFreak, just take a big book to read. That would help you pass some time. Do you have a Gameboy?
We will remember to keep your youth group in prayer. We all hope it is a success and a blessing for you all.

mylow thehutt
06-18-2002, 03:56 PM
hay guys,my grandmah just got me Ore fee taa and the massif.also any of you guys like my new sig line,I love these lines.any way talk soo,hope I find the bespin wave soon.later:)

JetsAndHeels
06-18-2002, 04:10 PM
That was nice of your Grandma, Mylow. Make sure to give her a big hug, then tell her to go get you that bespin wave!! Lol.
Yes, I like your sig line. Its pretty neat.
Enjoy your new figures.

JesusFreak
06-18-2002, 05:59 PM
Cool sig mylow! :cool:

Thanks everyone, I am just so extremely excited!!!! :D I just wish The Remnant was coming out before I left so I could read that, oh well. At least I'm gonna be riding with all my friends so it'll be fun :D

Wooooof
06-18-2002, 06:58 PM
Hey guys, bigbarada here with my alter-ego username. I made the mistake of going to the Saga section to talk about the toys and noticed that the place has become out of control with insults and put-downs all over the place. So, I've decided to go in there and straighten out some arrogant arses.;)

I'll be slumming under this name for a couple of days; but will eventually get bored and go back to being bigbarada.

JetsAndHeels
06-18-2002, 09:42 PM
Hey wooof, I really like the avatar!! That's pretty neat.
I know what you mean about the SAGA forums. They are getting a little bit brutal in there.

Wooooof
06-18-2002, 10:04 PM
Thanks, I thought it came off as cute and psychotic at the same time.:) I was considering putting blood coming out of his mouth, ala the killer bunny from Monty Python; but figured it might not go over well with the moderators. Who knows, I'll probably give it a try and see if anyone says anything.

Well, I got your boxes ready to go mylow and Dryanta. I just have to make sure not to mix them up. I just have to remember orange shoebox goes to Dryanta, black shoebox goes to mylow. Orange to Dryanta, black to mylow..... Yeah that should be pretty easy.;)

JetsAndHeels
06-18-2002, 10:11 PM
Wooof, you should do the rabbit pic!! I know Dar Argol would like it, since he really likes Monty Python. I think it would be cool
Hey guys, I just wanted to invite you all to www.coruscantonline.com again. We are starting to get more people posting, but still need some more voices!! I am not trying to take away from SirSteve's, but just want to let you know we welcome you. The site right now is looking for some reporters on toys and such, so if anyone is interested I could put in a good word for you.
I also would like to start another Christian Collectors' Club over there. Thank you JesusFreak for joining and posting!!

Wooooof
06-18-2002, 10:32 PM
Alright, I'll go check that site out tomorrow. It's getting late over here now and I really should be getting to bed since I have to be up at 5:30 tomorrow morning.:eek:

I'll work on the bloody bunny avatar tomorrow too. Catch you all later.

JetsAndHeels
06-18-2002, 10:35 PM
Hey look on the bright side Wooof, you have a couple extra hours on me. Its going on midnight here, so if you were in NC you would have less time to sleep. LoL.
I am looking forward to seeing your avatar tomorrow.
Have a good evening.

Jason B
06-19-2002, 09:07 AM
you know, i thought my avatar would have someone complaining, because it says SOB on it. but, i havent heard a word about it. :-/

JetsAndHeels
06-19-2002, 10:59 AM
When I worked at Duke Hospital, we used the abbreviation SOB for "Shortness of Breath." The doctors would put SOB on the encounter forms for a diagnosis. The patients always used to get defensive. They thought the doctor was telling them they were really a SOB!!
Jason B, your avatar isnt offensive. In fact it is kind of funny.

Wooooof
06-19-2002, 01:00 PM
Well your packages are in the mail, Dryanta and mylow. You guys should get them by the end of this week or the beginning of next week. I took care not to mix them up so hopefully you guys will get the right stuff. If not well, you guys can work that out between you, I'm sure.;)

JetsAndHeels
06-19-2002, 02:33 PM
Hey wooof, I love that avatar!! It was worth the wait!!

Wooooof
06-19-2002, 02:39 PM
Thanks, I made a couple of them; but this was the best angle for the size needed. I found it on this website this lady made to show off her pet rabbits. This particular rabbit's name is Izzy, I'm not sure how this lady would react to my alterations though.;)

JetsAndHeels
06-19-2002, 02:45 PM
Izzy, huh? Looks more like an Ozzy to me!! LoL.

Jason B
06-19-2002, 06:33 PM
Jason B, your avatar isnt offensive. In fact it is kind of funny.

It's even better when you're playing a game, because it says something like "So-and-so was sniped by an Ugly SOB!" or, "So-and-so stepped on an Ugly SOB!'s C4." :D

mylow thehutt
06-19-2002, 06:58 PM
hay guys hows it going,man can you beleave that guy jingo fett,sheesh! any way I'm really looking forward to the unleashed wave I hope we get a Yoda one.:)I just got the game Grand theft auto3 I love that game.also were has Dryanta been.I haven't been here in a while so can some one give me a run down on what happen with that jingo fett,I cought a bit of it like him making fun of jar jar,but I know that wasn't it.talk later;)

Jason B
06-19-2002, 07:57 PM
Jingo was just an idiot. :mad:
My uncle has my Grandfather's motorcycle, and he's tearing it all apart, cleaning it up, and putting it all back together.

JetsAndHeels
06-19-2002, 08:21 PM
Mylow,
Jingo got banned from the site. SirSteve was informed about what happened and he was immediately removed.
Dar Argol, JediTricks, and a couple more of the moderators have been cleaning out all his offensive posts.
We wont see him again hopefully.

dingodad
06-19-2002, 09:53 PM
Cant help you with any of those joes BB. Sorry. Any of you guys got any extra Indiana Jones figs?

Wooooof
06-19-2002, 10:33 PM
Are you talking about the vintage Indiana Jones or those Disney exclusives that came out a few years ago?

jingofett was a moron, he was banned primarily for posting porn on this site, then apologizing and replacing it with more porn. Yeah, haha, very funny!:rolleyes: On top of that he was rude and abusive with some forums members, mainly Jar Jar, and he flooded the Saga section with pointless, meaningless threads. People like that could really benefit from a social life.

JetsAndHeels
06-19-2002, 11:13 PM
I agree Wooof. There's no excuse for his behavior, and there is definately no place for porn here. The internet is a big place. If he wanted to post porn or look at it, he wouldnt have to look far. Just dont bring it here where young eyes can see.

mylow thehutt
06-19-2002, 11:13 PM
wow what a stug,I beat he'll be back with new name.Cause he said to Jar-Jar he'll be back.

Mace Windex
06-20-2002, 08:15 AM
Well gang, they finally hit Tampa! I went to Walmart yesterday (day after inventory there) and to my suprise the shelves were full of Lukes Vaders and one Han! I scored three different versions of Luke (no blood though). I opened the Luke with the plastic peg hand for display. Man, what a cool figure!!
More later!

bigbarada
06-20-2002, 11:12 AM
Glad to hear that they are finally hitting your area Windex. My brother told me that he found an Orn Free Taa yesterday at Wal-Mart; but that it looked as if it had been run over with a truck. Oh well, at least they are hitting this area.

As you can all see I have gone back to my bigbarada identity for the time being. I will bring Wooooof out to play a little more often though.:)

JetsAndHeels
06-20-2002, 01:40 PM
Congrats on your find, Mace Windex. You are right...That Luke is a pretty sweet figure. It is my favorite non-AOTC figure of the saga line so far.
Hey BigB, I look forward to seeing the bunny later. :)

Dryanta
06-20-2002, 07:52 PM
hello all,
I'm back just in time to leave.
I've returned from metric bike Heck ;) and now I have to get ready to take off tomorrow for Jersey.
Jango I haven't even had the time to ship your Obi Wan to you.I will some time tomorrow.Nothing new found here except for Deluxe Anaikin and Nexu.I'll get a Nexu for you as well BB.
Won't pick up my ride until after I get home Weds.I won't be around but I'm sure Jason will keep you all posted on his big adventure.He'll be posting pictures during the week I'm sure.
I'll make sure I have a complete search list when I go.
Bo Shek wave for Mylow,the johnny Lightning stuff for Mace,Ackley and Chewie for BB .
You all could do me a huge favor and repost a want list here by this time tomorrow night.That way I'll be all caught up.
I have to finish the Bike,move a freezer,paint a shed,get a haircut,Mail Jango's figure,change the oil and go over the van,get Jason,pack,move the bike over to my brother's,touch base on my springer ,touch base with my father,try and rest and drive 7 hours tomorrow night.So I will be sure to fit in checking in tomorrow night.:)
Don't get to discouraged BB.When I get back I'm going make a different push with Hasbro.I need a comission of 11 and I would like to have BB and Jango be on it.Sorry to everyone else here.I can't "stack the deck" from this group.I would also like Jedi Partner,Jargo,Brandon,IJG,Jar Jar Binks.We need(assuming everyone accepts) three more and will need nominations.
I will contact everyone when I get back.
We will then all work on what a petition should address and where it it will go.Everything will be voted on by the eleven and then formed and spread equally by all of us.
Sorry for the rant,God Bless and get me those lists!!

bigbarada
06-20-2002, 08:08 PM
So you're not going to be around at all next week?:( Well, good luck and have fun!:)

Well, my current want list is pretty short for now:
Nexu
Chewie

How much do you need to finish paying off the TIE Bomber? I just got my college money in today and I might be able to send you the rest of the money for it. Let me know.

I already got a Bespin Vader, my brother picked it up for me the same day he got the bloody Luke. So I don't need that one anymore, hope you can return it, if not then let me know and I will send you the money for it. As for Orn Free and the Massif, they've been showing up sporadically over here so I shouldn't have any trouble getting them soon.

Well, I saw a minor miracle happen today after it was beginning to look like my college plans weren't going to pan out, after all. The college was telling me that my VA benefits would only cover 90% of my tuition, which meant that I would have to come up with the other 10% myself, and the rest of my benefits wouldn't arrive until after I completed the semester, which would mean that I would have to find a way to pay for all my books and supplies out of my pocket. Well, it was beginning to look hopeless, so I prayed about it and just left everything in God's hands. Whatever He had planned I was ready to accept. Well, two hours later, the college calls and tells me that my VA check came in early and it was in the amount of $823.33! This would more than cover my tuition, books, school supplies, lunches, new clothes, everything with plenty left over! What a great blessing today has been! God is great!:)

JetsAndHeels
06-20-2002, 08:17 PM
Hey Dryanta,
Glad to hear from you.
You dont have to send that Obi Wan if you dont want to. I did find one. If you still want to send it, I will definately take it though. Just dont want you to stress over it.

mylow thehutt
06-20-2002, 08:31 PM
hay Dryanta,hay guys listen to this.

I went to k-mart today to look for some figs,notheing at all.so figure I'd get a CD,so I found the old blink-182 CD,barley no bad words just good toons,any way i go to get in line but they were all full,so I was playing line tag for like an hour till I finally got up to the regtstered,I handed the lady the CD heres the kicker she looks at me and says "do you have an ID" now I have had this CD befor and there was nothing on it for kids to have an ID to buy it,now if it were M&M then I'd see her point,the only thing even close to being bad was the cover and all it had on it was a hot women in a nureses suite.but come on.

JetsAndHeels
06-20-2002, 08:35 PM
Hey Mylow, I have that CD, and it DOES have explicit lyrics.
Sorry buddy.

Jason B
06-20-2002, 08:38 PM
yeah, sine the album's name is Take Off Your Pants and Jacket. :p

Dryanta
06-20-2002, 08:38 PM
That's awesome BB.sometimes early,but He's never late!
I'm not sure right off hand what the tie bomber is.I think it's like $20.I haven't been up to that town in a few weeks.My wife works up there and she's been handleing it.I'll check.
The only stress I have is telling you I was sending it and then let myself get distracted.I will get him out to you Jango.Again sorry for the delay.Hey Mylow.Sounds about right.Still need Bo Shek,R4-M9,and Teebo?Anything else?
I'll be back Weds.Maybe before.Jason will be around though I'm sure.He'll be posting picticures for the exhibit probably monday night.

bigbarada
06-20-2002, 08:41 PM
Is that Enema of the State you are talking about? I used to have that album too, along with Dude Ranch. Both have explicit lyrics but are pretty mild compared to some other CDs out there. It's doesn't help that the girl on the Enema cover is a really famous porn star. How do I know that? Well, uh.... I read it in a magazine.:o;)

bigbarada
06-20-2002, 08:45 PM
That's cool, Dryanta, let me know about the Bomber. And if it will be any problem to return those other figures let me know too. You still have the Rebel Fleet Trooper though, right?:)

mylow thehutt
06-20-2002, 09:02 PM
It don't got bad words,maby the B-word here and there,but nothing extream.sitll you guys can say that there no need for an ID to buy this CD,porn star or no porn star,that is not a bad CD.

JetsAndHeels
06-20-2002, 09:08 PM
Hey Dryanta, I dont guess youve run across a Palpatine have you?

Dryanta
06-20-2002, 09:25 PM
No problem with the returns BB,I'm taking them with me so I can exchange if I find something.Yes the RFT is waiting for the other stuff to go Bye Bye.So all you want that I have on layaway is the Tie Bomber right?Orn Free,And Massiff are off the list.I just want to make sure one last time.Do you still want a Palpatine?The Ackley is still on your list as well.Palpy is added to the list Jango.Anything else?I can't remeber the EP! figures you needed.
One was swimming Jar Jar right?What was the other.Holo Sideous?
Sorry about the cd thing Mylow.I have no idea what or who you all are talking about.I know this much.You'd need An I.D. to hang around me too much.Bad temper and and somewhat strong vocabulary.:) As far as them asking for one,I'm not really sure how I feel about that issue.Honestly.Still in need of the Bo Shek wave?Anything else?

Jason B
06-20-2002, 09:34 PM
it's stupid, because Wal*Mart edits the CD's all themselves, and then they ask you for an ID after they do it. stupid, in my opinion. :rolleyes: they had the nerve to ask me for an ID to buy model kit paint. I'm 17, and i look it, but they still cant sell me games rated M, because i dont have an ID of any sort. ticks me of some times. at least Software Ect had the decency to sell a game to me anyway. oh well. :)

dingodad
06-20-2002, 09:40 PM
BB, that would be vintage Indy toys. Im looking for a trashed out convoy truck mostly...or a real good one if its cheap.

Dryanta
06-20-2002, 09:42 PM
Hey Dingodad,
I hope all is well with you.And your walk is going very well.What,if any,are your current needs?Let me know if I can do anything.

JetsAndHeels
06-20-2002, 09:43 PM
The EP1 fig was the swimming Jar Jar, Dryanta.

Dryanta
06-20-2002, 09:45 PM
cool Jango.Is the damaged Destroyer droid still on the list?Hey I remebered!!!

JetsAndHeels
06-20-2002, 09:54 PM
Yeah its on the list!! You have a good memory.

dingodad
06-20-2002, 09:56 PM
Thanks Dryanta. Its still a bit of a struggle but a friend of mine called out of the blue the other night with some very encouraging words for me. God's still working on me and I think He'll put me in a place of service to him soon. I am between churches right now so I am praying that I will be open to his will and guidance.
Here in Texas, the new toys tend to filter in slowly. We are still waiting on the Han/Chewy assortment to appear(in any #'s). But, they'll be here soon for sure. You need anything?

Mace Windex
06-20-2002, 11:00 PM
Hey gang!

Man, AM I bummed! I was in Walmart discussing the new figs with a fellow collector when I mentioned needing the 12 inch Jango. This guy then tells me he was just at the Kmart two blocks down and they had three Jangos. The guy said he bought one and the other two were slightly damaged. He told me exactly where they were and I was off! I got to Kmart and went to the exact location and can you guess what I found???? Yep, NOTHING! They were already gone! Dang!! Why can't I get this figure?!?! So close!!!
Enough complaining.
What's going on here? Does somebody need encouragement from a fellow brother in the Lord?
LEt's talk about it!

Mace Windex
06-20-2002, 11:03 PM
As far as figures go, what I have still not see are: New Obiwan pilot, Chewie, Palpatine, and Djas Puhr. Anyone know the case numbers these are in??

bigbarada
06-20-2002, 11:19 PM
In case you get a chance to read this before you take off in the morning, Dryanta: I just found the Orn Free wave at Wal-Mart tonight. After seeing them all, the only one I liked enough to buy was the Endor Rebel Soldier.(I know, I know after I told you I didn't want him:stupid: ) The Massif and Orn Free are okay; but I think I'll wait until they become more plentiful and pick them up later. Don't worry about them two at all. Just the TIE Bomber and the RFT would be great. I'm going to go ahead and start a little Imperial Shuttle fund going right now, so that hopefully I will have enough for that big chunk of plastic whenever and in whatever manner it gets released.:)

BTW, who is in Collection 1, Wave 4? My Wal-Mart had a bunch of cases of those sitting in the aisle; but I was in kind of a rush and didn't have a chance to check. I'm thinking it was the Bespin Wave, I hope it wasn't the Chewie wave since then I would feel like a real mook for not busting one of those boxes open.:o

bigbarada
06-20-2002, 11:22 PM
Oh yeah, Acklay for sure. I'll wait on Palpatine.:)

So to sum up:
Nexu
Acklay
Chewie

and the TIE Bomber and RFTroop.:cool:

Don't forget to check on how much money you still need to pay off the Bomber.

mylow thehutt
06-21-2002, 02:23 PM
YEAH Schools OUT!!!!!!!!!!oh bigB I got the Yoda,thanx alot he's awsome,well guys pretty soon I'll be Kuzu going to my grand parents.later:)

bigbarada
06-21-2002, 03:01 PM
Good, I'm glad he made it! (I'm also glad I didn't send you the bloody Luke by mistake:) ) I was a little worried about using an old shoebox to mail the figure. Now just waiting to hear from Dryanta on whether his Luke arrived in good shape.

Dryanta
06-21-2002, 07:36 PM
Hey all,
We are off to see the wizard in about an hour.All the info has been revised and we'll see what we come up with.Jango,your obi wan should be in your hands by Tuesday.Enjoy.Jason has the digital camera and I'm sure he'll post pics from the brooklyn exhibit for all to see.If anything comes up just eamil and I'll be sure to check it while we are away.Behave in my absence ;) and we'll be in touch again very soon.God Bless.

JetsAndHeels
06-21-2002, 08:25 PM
Have a great weekend Dryanta. I will keep my eyes out for the Obi Wan. I owe you one for that, so if there is anything you want, just let me know.

Kuzu
06-22-2002, 02:51 PM
Hay guys Mylow here,I just scored at BJs today I got mace and Jango final battel 2 pack and Yoda and Count Dooku,I'm keeping yoda and dooku carded.talked later.

Dryanta
06-22-2002, 08:59 PM
HeyMylow,
Got you a Teebo today.I'm still looking for the other stuff on your lists.Be Back tomorrow

bigbarada
06-22-2002, 11:18 PM
The Bespin wave hit big over here, they have a ton of the plastic peg Lukes. I haven't picked one up yet cuz I'm trying not to blow all of my college money on toys, at least not until I start the semester and buy all my books.:) Hopefully by then Bespin Chewie will start to show up.

Darth_Vader
06-23-2002, 01:25 PM
Dang, I only have 11 EII figures... It sucks being 13. lol

JetsAndHeels
06-23-2002, 04:28 PM
Hey everyone.
In the General Discussion forum, Mabudon posted something that has concerned alot of us. The title of the thread is "RIP Mabudon." I dont know whats going on, but it sounds very serious. I just wanted to let you all know so we can keep him in our prayers. Whatever it is, he sounds like he needs some help now.

bigbarada
06-23-2002, 06:29 PM
I read it and it was kind of spooky, fortunately mabudon showed up after Caesar left a message on his answering machine. I sent him a PM letting him know that he wasn't alone and there were plenty of people on these forums who would gladly do their best to help him through any tragedy or problem. He PM'ed me back thanking me and saying that he might be out of a home by August and will probably lose his internet service on July 1st. He didn't mention the nature of the problem but it sounds pretty dire. I'm not sure if he is a Christian or not; but I told him that I will keep him in prayer. I think it would be best if we all did.

JetsAndHeels
06-23-2002, 06:38 PM
I did the same thing BigB. He hasnt responded to my pm but it is good to know he is ok. I really was concerned for him.
I am breathing a sigh of relief right now.....

JesusFreak
06-24-2002, 12:25 PM
"A bus carrying a children's church group crashed today on Interstate 20 about 50 miles east of Dallas, killing four children and the driver and injuring others, authorities said. The bus slammed into a pillar under an overpass, peeling back the metal from the side of the bus."

Please keep these people and their families in your prayers

bigbarada
06-24-2002, 01:09 PM
That's terrible! Do they know why it the pillar? Did the driver fall asleep? I hope it wasn't something stupid like 'driving under the influence.' I know it was a church bus, but you just never know these days.

I will pray for the victims and their families. Thanks for the heads-up, JesusFreak.

JesusFreak
06-24-2002, 03:53 PM
Well noone knows if the bus driver was from the church or worked for the charter company yet. But I hope it was an accident.

Dryanta
06-24-2002, 04:46 PM
That's for the report on the bus accident and will do on the prayers.
hello Darth Vader!!Welcome and don't be a stranger,unless you're just an assumed name of a regular in that case thanks for making me waste my time typing a welcome ;)
A few more stops tomorrow and then we'll be home weds morning.
I have spoken to madubon and will be calling him once I get home.He's OK .He still could use prayer and will trust that we all will do that.
I need to appologize again Jango,Your figure went out today from here so weds is probably the day.I'm sorry I didn't do what I said I would.I will offer no excuses just a sincere appology.

JetsAndHeels
06-24-2002, 04:51 PM
Dryanta, dont worry about it at all. I appreciate you sending me one. Is there anything you want in return? Just say the word and I will look for it.

mylow thehutt
06-24-2002, 09:29 PM
Hay guys I just got me a bespin luke,it's the one with the peg on his hand and it stayes on really good.still wateing for the chewy wave.:)

mylow thehutt
06-26-2002, 10:29 AM
go figure I just found the chewy wave i picked up chewy and han,bolth great figs.

bigbarada
06-26-2002, 03:37 PM
Did you find a lot of Chewies, mylow? I'm going to go figure shopping this week sometime just to look for Chewie and Han (the jury's still out on Han, I need to see him in my hands before I decided if I want him or not).

So what's after the Chewie wave? Ephant Mon?

Jason B
06-26-2002, 05:55 PM
Hello all. :)
I took a total of 52 pictures from the exhibit we went to, I will post them all within the next few days. :) My uncle just signed onto AOL, he'll be here in a few. ;)

Dryanta
06-26-2002, 06:18 PM
hey all,
I have a chewie for you BigB,A palpy for you Jango,and a Teebo for you Mylow.No Nexu or Ackleys.Still looking.I could only get a couple of these and one of each is for myself.Sorry to all still missing things.I'm still looking

bigbarada
06-26-2002, 07:20 PM
That's the best news I've heard all day, Dryanta!:)

Dryanta
06-26-2002, 07:48 PM
It gets better.My wife will should be picking up your Bomber either tonight or tomorrow night.Everything will ship together then
Mylow if you want the Teebo pm me your address.I'm going to bring it all down and ship out to you all at the same time.Keep me from messing up again like I did with Jango's package.

Kuzu
06-26-2002, 08:47 PM
Hay guys,I was wonder were you all were,LOL. Dryanta I have to check with my mom,since she doesen't like me giveing my address out a lot,so let me check with her and I'll get back to you.;)
hay Jason Like the new avatar it's very original.Big B the chewy I got was I think the last one.and the han is great,even the gimmick is neat.:) Guys over in the general talk section theres a thread called best friend or comen theff,check it out,I need some advise,and some prayers.thanx.

Jason B
06-26-2002, 08:53 PM
My uncle's gone for the night, but I'll tell him in the morning that you posted, if he hasn't found out for himself yet. ;)
I'm just using that as a temp avatar, until I get my Massif one done.

bigbarada
06-26-2002, 09:13 PM
Hey guys, I went to Wal-Mart tonight and found the Acklay, so scratch that one off my list.

Jason B
06-26-2002, 09:46 PM
How is it?

Could you guys be on the look-out for a few thing's for me?

Nexu
Flying Genosion
Acklay
Besbin Chewie
Maybe another Massif, I'll have to see.
I'd appreciate it. I won't be able to send you figs in trade, but cash or money order's will do, right?

bigbarada
06-26-2002, 09:52 PM
Do you need an Acklay, Jason B? I picked up an extra one tonight; but wanted to give Dryanta first dibs on it. I seem to remember him saying that he already had one but am not really sure. If you can call him and ask him for me, that'd be great. If he doesn't need it, then it's yours. Let me know.:)

Your talking about the regular carded Geonosian when you say flying Geonosian right?

Jason B
06-26-2002, 10:01 PM
no, he doesn't have one. He hid one, but it was missing when my Aunt went to get it.
My uncle said that there was going to be a flying version coming out, different than the ones out now. I can get one of the ones out now, no problem. well, $$ is a problem. :(

bigbarada
06-26-2002, 10:24 PM
Unfortunately I can only afford this one extra and I wanted to offer it to Dryanta first since I still owe him for the Reek, TIE Bomber and a bunch of figures.

If you can send me $15 I can pick one up for you (I'll cover tax and shipping myself). Let me know.

BTW, I like the addition to your sig line. I changed mine shortly after hearing the news that the Pledge of Allegiance is suddenly unconstitutional.:rolleyes:

Jason B
06-26-2002, 10:39 PM
yeah, give it to him. you offered it to him, i wouldn't feel right taking it. I'll try to scrounge up $15, I'll get back to you on it anyway. I apprecaite it. :)

yeah, it's getting really bad, with the Political Correctnes BS, and everything like that; it's getting to the point that you don't want to watch the news anymore, or listen to talk, just because the people are comlpaining about he stupidiy of America.

Needless to say, I'm going to be glad when we leave, not just because of that.

Jason B
06-26-2002, 11:07 PM
I'm off to bed, 'Night Nate.

JetsAndHeels
06-27-2002, 09:03 AM
Hey Dryanta, that is awesome that you found me a Palpy. Thank you so much!! Also I got the Obi Pilot yesterday in the mail. I wasnt able to log on yesterday because my dad had some outpatient surgery and then we had Bible School last night at church.
Dryanta you need to let me know a couple figs or something you want in return for the Obi and the Palpy figures.
Hope everyone is doing well today. Hope to check in with you all a little later.

Jason B
06-27-2002, 10:00 AM
I'll be back later.

JesusFreak
06-27-2002, 11:47 AM
Hey guys, sorry I haven't posted much, I've been busy packing, and doing alot of chores. I'm leaving at 5 in the morning and I'd like to ask you to pray for a safe trip for us (youth group), especially after what happened the other day. I'll see you all later God Bless!

JetsAndHeels
06-27-2002, 11:53 AM
God bless, JesusFreak. Hope you all have a safe and productive trip. Please give us an update when you get back.

bigbarada
06-27-2002, 01:06 PM
Have fun, JesusFreak!

Man that Pledge of Allegiance thread has exploded into another charged debate over the last few hours. I'm definitely glad I am staying out of it.

So am I to assume from your silence that you want the Acklay, Dryanta?:p I'll mail it out as soon as you let me know. BTW, did you ever get that bloody stump Luke? Did it arrive in good shape?

Jason B
06-27-2002, 04:49 PM
Yes, my uncle does want the Acklay, thank you

My aunt is picking up your TEI Bomber tonight.

He got the Bloody Luke OK too.

I'm at his house now, I think he'll post later.

Dryanta
06-27-2002, 08:11 PM
evening all,
Sorry for the silence BB.Yes I would very much like the Ackley.I'll try and get everyones stuff shipped out Saturday Morning.Your Tie Bomber will be here tonight and RFTand chewie will be with it.Mylow thanks for the address and be sure to find the enclosed letter to your parents.Jango,I will need help with the target Troop builder sets when the time comes.Don't worry until then.I'm all caught up now.No dlx Ani or the Nexu yet but they'll show.
I will be around only in the evenings for while.Busy Busy.
I should be picking up my ride tomorrow so I'll have a sizable prodject for the weekend.
You're in my prayers Jesusfreak,have fun and grow.
And the pledge thread is just a bad idea for me right now.Haven't the time or patience to do the subject justice.Same old crap though ;) nothing new here,move along,move along.
Talk tomorrow night.good night and thanks guys.If anything comes up yell

Dryanta
06-27-2002, 09:55 PM
Amy brought the tie bomber home tonight.She'll be it's way soon with RFT and Chewie :)

bigbarada
06-27-2002, 10:13 PM
Cool, I'll try to get the Acklay in the mail tomorrow, if not tomorrow then Saturday.:)

Anyone here interested in those new Star Wars Kubricks that are coming out later this year? My brother is going to contact that Japanese couple and see if they can get us some sets. I can't promise anything right now; but I'll see what we can do.

JetsAndHeels
06-28-2002, 10:56 AM
Dryanta,
I will keep my eye out for those troop builder sets once they become available later. I REALLY do appreciate the Palpatine figure. I have never seen one anywhere around here, so I cant thank you enough.
I hope everyone here has a great weekend. I am going to cut the grass this afternoon and then head to an arena football game tonight with my Sunday School class. Hope to talk to you all again tomorrow sometime. God Bless.

Jason B
06-28-2002, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada
Anyone here interested in those new Star Wars Kubricks that are coming out later this year? My brother is going to contact that Japanese couple and see if they can get us some sets. I can't promise anything right now; but I'll see what we can do.

I WISH!!! Jeez, those figs are awesome, but yet again, $$ comes into account. :frus:

Mace Windex
06-29-2002, 02:09 PM
Darn Scalpers!!!!!!

I cannot believe this! My Walmart had about 20 Aklays(sp) on their shelves all week. I doubt if they even sold more than three from the original shipment. This morning I went into the store to check for new figs and EVERY single one of those Aklays were gone! What is with these scalpers?!?!?

I finally found ONE Palpatine! I opened him and he is way cool! Still no luck finding Pilot Obi-wan or Chewie or Djas Puhr, OR 12 inch JANGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Argh!!
more later!

bigbarada
06-29-2002, 08:37 PM
Hey, Dryanta, your Acklay went in the mail this morning so you should have him by the end of the week.

That stinks about the Acklays in your area, Mace, over here the Wal-Mart only had like four of them and I think they are all sold out (I bought two). Beasts sets are traditionally pegwarmers so they might show up again in your area. In any case, I'll keep my eye out for them again.

I picked up a non-bloody, magnet peg Luke today. Now that I have actually opened him, he is a pretty cool figure. I think they overdid the "dirt" on his jumpsuit, but it's not really that big of a deal. Now if we could just get a non-battle-damaged Bespin Luke I'd be happy. (Both modern versions of Bespin Luke have been battle damaged)

Kuzu
06-29-2002, 09:32 PM
I got the plastic peg Luke it's one of my faves,also love my Chewy I put my 3PO parts in that plastic bin that comes with EP2 3PO,just like in empire;) I also tacked Luke's weather vain to my shelf.

Mace Windex
06-30-2002, 03:50 PM
Everyone,

Wasn't somebody here looking for the Teebo wave? If so, let me know because my TRus got a bunch in (yeah, real late) and I bought a set to trade/sell.
Still looking for Djas Puhr, Obi-pilot and Chewie, and of course, the 12 inch Jango!!!! Actually, I did find the 12 inch Jango today at KB but at $50 I think I'll keep looking for K-mart ones to show up. Man, he really looks cool!!

Kuzu
06-30-2002, 04:10 PM
yeah I'm looking for R4-M9,and Bo-Shek.

Dryanta
06-30-2002, 06:25 PM
Hey Guys,
Be really spotty here for a bit.Alot is going on.I'll get the packages out tomorrow,thanks for the patience guys.Jason said he was starting to set all the Star Wars exhibit pictures up some where.you all should have access to them soon.If anything comes up yell.

Grif
06-30-2002, 08:42 PM
I just got back from Creation! It was great worshiping with 100,000 other people. They had great bands and speakers. Last night the newsboys ended the festival and they had a laser show. For more info click here. (http://www.creationfest.com)

bigbarada
06-30-2002, 10:59 PM
Just popping in to see who's here. I start college tomorrow, I'm taking Sociology and Computer Literacy. Should be pretty fun or pretty boring. I'll let you know which one tomorrow.;)

JetsAndHeels
07-01-2002, 12:32 AM
Good luck on your first day tomorrow, BigB. Hope all goes well for you.
Grif, thats great about Creation. Glad you received a blessing from that.
Also good to hear from you Dryanta. Hope you are doing well and I hope you had a good weekend.
As for me, I went and saw "Minority Report" tonight. Man that is one good movie!! You have to think alot, but I must say that this is one of the box office greats of 2002.
Second to Star Wars, of course.

Jason B
07-01-2002, 12:41 AM
Yeah, my uncle's happy. :) His bike's sitting in his drive way. ;) :D

Good luck Big B, let us know how it goes. :)

Jason B
07-01-2002, 05:40 PM
I got an Acklay today, pretty decent. I just can't get it to stand up. :(

dingodad
07-01-2002, 06:40 PM
good luck BB

bigbarada
07-01-2002, 11:20 PM
Wow, what a day! Well, Sociology seems like it will be much more interesting than I thought. My instructor looks a lot like Gandalf from LOTR with the long white beard and all.:)

Computer Literacy is going to be one of those annoying "taking it because it's a pre-requisite for everything else" course. Waste of time and money. Oh well, that's the way the system is set up.

Overall, though this should be a lot of fun, I'm already planning for fall semester where I'm thinking about taking Digital Imaging and Philosophy.

Well, I have some assigned reading to do so I better get going, talk to you guys tomorrow.

Dryanta
07-02-2002, 05:55 PM
Glad it's going well BigB.I recieved the Ackley today.Thanks Bro I really appreciate it!!
Your Bomber,RFT and chewie went out today.Jango and Mylow your Palpy and Teebo are out as well.
Still crazy here,will be for a awhile.I'm around,just yell.

JetsAndHeels
07-02-2002, 06:03 PM
BigB, glad to hear everything went well for you. Just dont make Gandalf mad...you dont want to make him use his power on you. :)
Good to hear from you again Dryanta. I will keep my eyes out for the Palp figure. Once again I cant thank you enough for it. Like I said before, I dont think there is a single one in the entire state of NC. I have been everywhere looking for that thing. Once I got to South Carolina I decided to quit (that was after I went to Charlotte 2 weeks ago).
Just let me know if there is anything you are looking for right now, besided the troop builder sets when they are released. I owe you for 2 figures you know.

Jason B
07-02-2002, 10:08 PM
*Ticked Off* (http://sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=123832#post123832)

mylow thehutt
07-03-2002, 11:36 AM
hay guys,sorry i haven't been here in a while long week.any way,can't wait for the Teemto wave.

Kuzu
07-03-2002, 06:54 PM
HAHA hay mylow nice sig line also like the avatar,you too Jason it came really great.chat later.

bigbarada
07-03-2002, 11:45 PM
Glad you got the Acklay alright, Dryanta. I'll keep my eyes open for the Bomber, RFT and Chewie.

That was kind of screwed up what stillakid did, Jason. I made sure to let him know that with my comment.

Jason B
07-04-2002, 10:02 PM
I appreciate it Nate, I think he was just trying to get at my uncle through me, or something. I'm really not sure what his intent was, and to telll you the truth, I don't care. I think he was just being arguementative, and antagonistic, and Dar' Agol agrees with me.

Stillakid's PM to me:
Sorry for the misunderstanding, but I wasn't looking for an argument from you. I know better than that. :)

You brought up an interesting question that I felt deserved to be fleshed out. I'm still seeking out some Constitutional law experts who have dealt with this issue before. :)

:rolleyes:
I'm sorry, but I get really ticked of over stupid crap like this. It's a family trait. ;) Dumb B@$%@&d. ;) {Inside joke, kind of. :D }

bigbarada
07-04-2002, 10:11 PM
stillakid, PMed me too, asking what my beef with him was. Since we're only allowed 2000 characters in PMs I don't think I can do that subject justice.;)

Everybody having a good July 4th?

Jason B
07-04-2002, 10:19 PM
Just email him, like Tycho emailed me. I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to handle that one.
Yes, I had a great day, thank you. :)

mylow thehutt
07-04-2002, 10:51 PM
Hay guys,I've had a great 4th of July,this guy down the street from my grandparents house had his own big fire works,so me and my friends watched them,my uncle had some too so me and my friend helped him set some off:D

JetsAndHeels
07-05-2002, 12:09 PM
Hi all. Hope you all had a fun and safe 4th of July holiday. Dryanta, I received the Palpatine figure today. It's such a good feeling knowing I finally have it. I cant thank you enough. Just let me know what you need (besides the troop builder sets) and I will do my best to get it for you.
Also tomorrow the youth group from my church is heading out to East St. Louis, Illinois to do a week long mission trip. My father is also going as a chaprone, so I will be manning the fort here in his absense. I just wanted to ask you all pray for their safety and also that this trip will bring glory to Him. I know they will be doing some great things over there and I pray it will be productive and a blessing to all involved.
Hope everyone has a wonderful and safe weekend!!

Jason B
07-05-2002, 04:43 PM
Here's another one for you Mylow: Don't ask him "Are you going to look in the trunk?"

bigbarada
07-05-2002, 07:50 PM
Never say, "If you thought I was speeding just now, you should have seen me about ten minutes ago!"

:)

We will be praying for you, your dad and the youth group, JF!:cool:

I got the Bomber, RFT and Chewie today Dryanta! Awesome!! Chewie is such a cool figure! I swiped the bowcaster from my 25th anniversary Chewie and with a little work you can get him to hold it with both hands. I love the Bomber too, truly one of the high points of the line. The RFT is pretty fun to play with, especially when putting him in those "Augh! I broke my legs!" poses.:D

BTW, thanks for returning the newspapers.;) But don't be surprised if you see them again sometime.:)

Dryanta
07-06-2002, 07:40 PM
Hey all,
I posted a reply yesterday but it didn't show up.I was in such a rush to get things shipped I just took the papers out of the Ackley box and put them in yours BB lol.I had to rip select pages from a Harley owners paper to pack JF's and Mylows figures.If I missed any questional material I'm really sorry guys.I hope nothing slipped past.
I'm glad your happy with the palpy Jango.That's why I do it.
Things are still nuts.I'm a bit over run with stuff right now.It'll slow in a few weeks(I hope).Hope school is going well BB.You're in my prayers Jango and the rest of you as well.Good to see you again Dingodad.Nothing new here.Still missing the Nexu and deluxe Anakin.They'll show sooner or later.What are the new need lists for you all.Post them And I'll see what I can do.
Seeya all maybe tomorrow.

Where is Browndroid and superbattledroid88?Any ideas?
I hope Jason will have the pics up soon.Hint Hint.

Mace Windex
07-06-2002, 08:32 PM
Hey guys, what's new?
Still searching for that 12 Inch Jango. I found a different palpatine! this one has light eyebrows that looks more correct and realistic. Did I already post this???

Sorry, spongy brain

Jason B
07-06-2002, 09:22 PM
Sorry about the long wait for the pictures. I have been caught up in other things. I have a few pictures up now, It takes a while to upload them. www.angelfire.com/ut2/jbryant (http://www.angelfire.com/ut2/jbryant) is my home page, and there's a link (only one :p) to the pictures that are there so far. have fun. :)

bigbarada
07-06-2002, 09:59 PM
Cool pic of the Star Destroyer, is that the only one there so far?

Well, as for new want lists, if you all could be on the lookout for the clean shaven Endor Rebel Soldier, that would be cool. I'm tempted to list Han Endor; but really think I need to see him in my hands before deciding whether to buy him or not.

I just got Teebo and R4-M9 in the mail today, it turned out that I had a little bit of credit at Brian's Toys just sitting around so I ordered them two. Teebo is really cool and R4 is pretty nice. I now know what Tycho was talking about with the Mouse Droid. Whewww! What a stinker!:) I think Teebo's hood was a little more potent though.

Wooooof
07-06-2002, 10:55 PM
The bunny is back!!!;)

Jason B
07-06-2002, 11:16 PM
Yes Nate, only pic up so far. :rolleyes: I'll finish it up tomorrow, as long as my modem holds out.

Wooooof
07-07-2002, 01:01 AM
If you guys are interested in learning how to break into the SSG "secret section" let me know. I'll PM you instructions. It's a completely secret area of SSG where you can post whatever you like and never have to stay on topic (of course any post you make over there doesn't count toward your post count). So PM me if you are interested; just don't ever tell anyone who let you in.;)

JetsAndHeels
07-07-2002, 01:05 PM
Hi all,
Thanks to all of you for the prayers for my church group. They are all doing well.
I went to a toy show here yesterday at the fairgrounds. Lots of cool stuff, but I only ended up buying a POTJ figure I needed for 5 bucks.
After that I went to TRU and picked up the endor Han. BigB, I think you would like this figure. It is a pretty good likeness to him and the quick draw feature works well.
And wooof, I think it would be interesting to know about that "secret section." What can you tell me?

Jason B
07-07-2002, 06:48 PM
Please ignore this post, and the attachment. ;)

Jason B
07-07-2002, 09:23 PM
:( things got really bad all of a sudden, i needsome major prayers that everything turns out OK. my iuncle is on his way, I hop we all make it out ok. :(:(:(

JetsAndHeels
07-07-2002, 09:40 PM
Jason, we are all praying for you. I hope everything turns out ok for you.
God bless.

Wooooof
07-07-2002, 10:35 PM
We will definitely be keeping you in prayer, Jason.

Jason B
07-07-2002, 11:10 PM
it's over for now, I'll talk to you tomorrow.

JesusFreak
07-08-2002, 02:20 PM
I'm glad things got better Jason. Hope you're all doing fine.

Well glorieta was awesome, I'd say one of, if not the best week of my life. I had so much fun and saw alot of who I truly am. Please pray for me guys that I would know God's direction for me in my life. I'll talk to you all later! :)

JetsAndHeels
07-08-2002, 07:09 PM
JesusFreak and Jason, we will all continue to keep you in our prayers.
My dad called tonight from East St. Louis. He said they had a very long and tiring day. They did Bible School for the inner city kids.
From what he is telling me, this area of our country is very poor and run down. It seems that alot of the folks living there are without food and other necessities. My father's tone on the phone sounded like he had a broken heart. It kind of makes you realize how truly fortunate we are. Some people have never even touched a computer keyboard, yet we do it everyday. It just shows how we can sometimes take things for granted.
It's funny how their trip has influenced me and I did not even go.
I pray that this will continue to bless those living there and the group from my church.
Thanks for all your prayers!!

Wooooof
07-08-2002, 10:30 PM
Well, my bankruptcy finally got submitted last week and I have my creditor meeting on 20 August (where my creditors can basically grill me as to exactly why I couldn't pay my bills). I've been praying about this a lot and wasn't too sure that declaring bankruptcy was the way to go. This seems to be a step in the right direction. So just pray that God's Will be done (whether that means it goes through or doesn't). If it goes through, I know what I need to do. If not, I also know what I need to do, although it won't be easy. So remember me in your prayers guys. Thanks!:cool:

JesusFreak
07-08-2002, 10:33 PM
I'll be praying for you, Nate

Jedi Drew
07-09-2002, 09:44 AM
Hey you guys have a really cool thread going. I'll tell you a little about me-O.K.? I am a Catholic who goes to church every Sunday, graduated from a Catholic H.S., my father passed away last year on May 18th. Well, at least I still have my Mom and my wife (Been married almost 2 yrs-and my dad was at the wedding and had a great time!!!!) The SW collecting keeps me busy...But as Jesus said "We all have our crosses to bear." It hurts that he is gone-he use to always bust my balls about collecting SW but in a funny way. At times he would even go out on a "Hunt" when I was younger to find figures. Well, gotta go-keep up the good work....:) :)

JetsAndHeels
07-09-2002, 06:38 PM
Woof, we will all remember you in our prayers. I hope it all goes well, and works out for the best.
Jedi Drew, thanks for participating in the forum here. I have read your posts all over SSG, but it is great that you have posted here. I am sorry to hear about the loss of your father. My sympathy goes out to you. I can only imagine what it is like to lose a parent. I guess I will know someday....But anyway, we are very glad to have you here with us. Please don't be a stranger here. We usually check in daily to say hello, depending on our schedules.
Hope everyone has a great evening.

Mace Windex
07-10-2002, 08:03 AM
Jedi Drew,

My prayers go out to you about your Dad.
Does anyone here have a copy or a scan of the Kmart toy ad featuring the Jango Fett 12 inch figure for $32.00? Or, can anyone send me a scan or photocopy of a TOYS R US receipt showing the figure for this price? The only stores around here want $50 for that thing! Any help will be appreciated! I just need a cheap receipt so I can get someone to price match here!
vwdude1957@aol.com

Jedi Drew
07-10-2002, 08:42 AM
Mace,
I don't have that K-Mart ad or my recepit from the 12" Jango. It's been almost 2 months since I picked mine up at K-Mart for 32.99 so I thru the recepit away months ago..sorry I couldn't help....:( :(

Wooooof
07-10-2002, 11:05 AM
I haven't even seen the 12" Jango anywhere; but then again I haven't really had time to go shopping for a while now. I might get out this weekend and look around.

bigbarada
07-11-2002, 11:40 AM
Hey, everybody! How's it going?:)

JesusFreak
07-11-2002, 05:29 PM
Hey BigB, haven't seen you in a while ;)

bigbarada
07-12-2002, 07:55 PM
Hey, Jason, I get "cannot find server" messages whenever I click on your pictures link. Did you put up some new pictures yet?

The Bespin Wave is becoming more common around here, still no sign of Endor Han though.

bigbarada
07-13-2002, 01:41 PM
Well, the Nexu showed up over here, my Wal-Mart had one of them. I couldn't afford it though.:( I did pick up a Final Battle Jango, what a cool figure he is!

Also saw the 12" Jango for $39.95. They had two of them. He looks, quite simply, like the greatest 12" figure Hasbro has ever made. When I get my next check for college I'll try to pick him up, hoping he's still around by then. If I have enough I might pick up a second since I know people are looking for him and can only find him for $50 not $40.

I'm really tempted to pick up a Slave 1 also, does FB Jango fit in it really well?

JesusFreak
07-13-2002, 05:54 PM
We're having this party thing at my house and watching old slides. I saw Men in Black 2 and Mr. Deeds yesterday. Both are great movies. MIB2 is ALOT like the first. Mr. Deeds is just a good, funny movie. Talk to y'all later, God bless! : )( :

JesusFreak
07-14-2002, 08:36 AM
Saw Lilo and Stitch last night. Good family movie. Well I'm about to go to church so, I'll see you later (custom avatar!!!!! :) :))

Dryanta
07-14-2002, 05:01 PM
hello to all,
Still be spotty around here but I did manage to make it out on a toy run today.
BB I'll be sending a Nexu,Endor Han, and a endor rebel out to you in the AM.Enjoy.
I also managed a couple other finds just incase anyone was in need.1 Djas Puhr
1 Palpatine
1 Han endor raid
1 endor rebel
1 Orn Free Taa
and two Bespin Chewies.
First post first serve on these.If no one needs them they'll go back to Wally world.
Everything could be better here,but they could be worse.Please continue to pray for Jason and his sister Jill.They could use it.
I hope all is well with all,and I'll be back tomorrow night to check if there are any takers for this stuff.
Welcome Drew,you come highly recomended By Jedipartner ;)
don't be a stranger.
If anything comes up you know how to reach me.

Jason B
07-14-2002, 06:02 PM
Yeah, I'm back, after a long, LONG span of being away.
Nate, I have no idea why my site is down. I'll check later. This is my first 5 mins of having internet in a while, so I'm doing a lot of stuff. ;)
I'll check, and I will be back later.

bigbarada
07-14-2002, 11:40 PM
Coolness, is that the clean shaven Endor Rebel? I've already got the goateed version. I'd like to chime in for that Djas Puhr also, if that's cool.:)

Got my first exam in Sociology coming up tomorrow, wish me luck. It shouldn't be a problem, fortunately this professor primarily uses essay question tests. Those are the easiest to pass for me, even if I don't know the answer I can usually BS my way to getting partial credit.;)

Herby
07-15-2002, 10:55 AM
Dryanta...can I ask where you found Chewy? You live in Maine don't you? I'm getting desperate for him and Obiwan pilot!

Jason B
07-15-2002, 12:24 PM
Wal*Mart in Augusta. They probably have a few left, if you hurry. :)