PDA

View Full Version : Christian Collector/fan club.All are welcome

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Herby
07-15-2002, 04:58 PM
Thanks, I guess I'll have to wait though. I'll be able to check my Walmart (Auburn) and the Oxford one tomorrow...maybe I'll have better luck. Tons of Djas and Palpy/new deluxe, just no Chewy wave!

Herby
07-15-2002, 04:59 PM
I have to add...Jesusfreak...Lilo and Stick was possible the best Disney flick I've seen in years. It was hilarious!

Dryanta
07-15-2002, 05:52 PM
Hey Herby!!
There are still a bunch of Obi Pilots in Augusta.If you need I can try and meet up with you over this coming weekend and get a Chewie to you.I can also run over in the AM and get a Obi pilot too.LMK.
No problem on the Djas BB he's packed instead of the endor rebel.Anybody else need something I have listed?
Hope all is well with all of you.Don't be a stranger Herby.

Herby
07-15-2002, 09:54 PM
Thanks Dryanta, that'd be great. I'd love to have both Chewy and Obiwan if at all possible. I'm sure I could make it down there this weekend...it's a short trip from here.

If there's anything you're stumped looking for, let me know...our Walmarts apparently differ in what they receive! I also have KB that you folks don't have...

Darth Nitwit
07-15-2002, 09:57 PM
What is this thread all about, it if you don't mind me asking?

Dryanta
07-16-2002, 10:15 AM
Good morning Darth Nitwit and welcome.
This thread is basically a spin off of an epic thread from a few monthes back.
Most if not all of us here profess Jesus Christ as our personal savior.Hence Christian collector/fan club.All are welcome to come here and peacably trade and talk and help each other deal with life as we find it,or should I say as it finds us.
Great bunch of trustworthly friends.No BS or bickering.Nothing but respect and christian love for one another.Don't be a stranger and if there is any way we can help just post.
I will run over and pick up a Obi Pilot today Herby.We should be able to meet up some time over the weekend,and thanks I'm all set at the moment.Jason would really like a Dooku.Anyone able to help?
Now on a personal note,and a well timed example for Darth to witness.;)
I need prayer from you all at this point.My anger is getting out of hand.Made an ***$ of myself in the neighborhood around 11:30 last night.Got really angry and when a neighbor pointed something out to me I verbally let himn have it.If Jason hadn't been there(thank God for that) It would have been alot more than verbal.
I have ,for the record been down there this morning and appologized to everyone involved,and that went very well.But it doesn't change the fact that I almost lost complete control last night,and that's not a good thing.Keep me in prayer on this so that old habits don't rear there head in more damaging ways.Thanks guys.
I'm glad classes are going well BB.I will pray that they continue to do so.
Where has Browndroid,Grif,and Superbattle droid 88 been?And DNA for that matter.
STill thinking about maybe making the trek up here at some point Jango?
Did you get your Teebo O.K. Mylow?
How goes the battle DingoDad?
Well yell if there is anything I can do.
God bless

Herby
07-16-2002, 12:09 PM
I swear I've seen a Dooku recently, just can't put a finger on where it was...maybe Kmart...I'll check later on today (I've got a job interview on that side of town later in the day).

What type of condition for the card do you require Jason?

Dryanta
07-16-2002, 08:53 PM
Hey Herby,
Jason is siting right here and he said he doesn't care about the card.He opens too.:)

JetsAndHeels
07-17-2002, 05:42 PM
Dryanta,
Yes, I am still considering commuting up there. I just need to work it out with my schedule at work. I work 4 days, 10 hrs each and usually get Fridays off. Hopefully this will help when I am ready to make the trip. I will keep you posted.
Hope everyone is doing well. Also wanted to thank you all for praying for the group from my church that went to East St. Louis. They arrived home safely on Sunday, and will be leading the worship this coming week.

Herby
07-18-2002, 08:10 AM
Well, no luck on Dooku up here...sorry. I had a job interview in Oxford and checked the Walmart up there as well. It's funny, we used to have a bunch of them up here. It is worth mentioning that there was a scalper buying stuff to sell on ebay, so there's a pretty good chance he could have nabbed them.

Master Goeweins
07-18-2002, 11:14 AM
Hello everyone, it's nice that there is a place where SW fans can stand together stating their belief. I've read in here recently, and everyone seems exceptionally friendly.

For those of you looking for Dooku, Toys R Us has been restocking him. I know I live in Florida, a far throw form Maine, but maybe they are all doing this. Last week, mine had about 10 just hanging there. They also had BoSheck and the Imperial astromech droid stacked pretty heavy.

Have a good one, God bless.

bigbarada
07-18-2002, 12:39 PM
Fortunately, any militant non-believers who might be visiting this site have either not discovered this thread or simply leave us alone. I thank God for that, since this place has started to become a sort of sanctuary from the madness that hits occasionaly.

Anyway, welcome Master Goeweins! Have you posted in this thread before or am I thinking of someone else? In any case, don't be a stranger.

Well, thanks for all the prayers for my Sociology test, I was the only person in the entire class to get 100%! You realize this makes me the typical nerd, right?;)

I'll talk more later, I've gotta get to class.

Master Goeweins
07-18-2002, 12:53 PM
Bigbarada, you are correct, I did post here one time before. I was gone for a while and did not post on this site because of it. You have an uncanny memory to recall that, no wonder you got 100% on your test!
I don't plan on leaving again for a while, and would love to stick around on this thread.

Dryanta
07-18-2002, 08:41 PM
Welcome Master Goeweins!!Glad to have you here.
Congrats on the test BB!!
I have to appologize again,your package has yet to leave my house.I just can't seem to get to the post office.Still really nuts here.It'll be out tomorrow,I promise.And sorry I can't can't seem to keep my word on this.No excuse.I will be surprising you guys with packages from now on.That way I won't be lying to you and you won't be disapointed.:)
Glad it's all good Jango and I hope to see you sometime in the near future.
Still would like to catch up with you this weekend Herby.LMK.
Everything is OK here just really hectic.
I hope to find sometime to spend here this weekend.
god Bless Guys and if anything comes up just yell

Mace Windex
07-18-2002, 09:35 PM
Finally got that Ultimate Jango! The K-mart receipt copy worked like a champ! TRUS matched the $34.99 price! :)
I do have some questions and complaints about Jango. #1. Is there supposed to be some grappling hook that attaches to the string that comes in the set? I only see two Kamino saber darts. Also, It was a pain getting on his gun belt and the leg armor doesn't fit very well at all. Other than that he is really cool. I just wish they had used an alternative way to attach his leg armor. Velcro is cheesy.
MAce

Master Goeweins
07-18-2002, 11:04 PM
Yeah, the gun belt straps that go around the legs kept on poppin off. I had to use a small piece of Scotch tape to secure them. And I've tried to place the shin plates under some heavy books, but they always pop right back into those skinny things that just kind of hang there. Otherwise, it's still an awesome figure. Probably my favorite 12".

And as far as the hook goes, I have no idea. I don't have one either. I assume it is supposed to be one of the darts, but they don't have any holes to tie the string through.

JesusFreak
07-19-2002, 03:18 AM
Hey all, I'm leaving for vacation Saturday and I'm gonna be real busy tommorow packing and getting chores done and such, so I probly won't post here again. Please just pray for a safe trip and pray for me, for my walk. See you in a week!

Jason B
07-19-2002, 06:13 PM
Have Fun. :)

bigbarada
07-19-2002, 10:18 PM
I stopped by my Wal-Mart today and to my surprise the shelves are packed with Chewies, Hans, Djas Puhrs, Obi-Pilots, Palpatines, Massifs, everything. The new guy who stocks the toy department is a SW collector so he's been keeping the store up to date on figures. He said they might have the Teemto assortment in the back; but he didn't have a chance to look.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to be picking anything up for anyone for a while. I'm down to $10 to last me for the rest of the semester in college and I just found out that the school won't be buying back any of my books, since they are getting new textbooks for the courses I took. That's about $200 out the window.:mad: Oh well, I'm going to have to apply for a Pell Grant for Fall Semester or I don't go to school. So pray that I get approved on that.

Anyway, I've got to go, I have an 8-page paper to write by Monday so I better get to work.

I'm keeping you all in prayer.

JetsAndHeels
07-19-2002, 11:01 PM
The same thing happened to me today, BigB. My Wal-Mart here was totally stocked. New figures everywhere. Even had Yodas and HD Ani's. I couldn't believe it. Truly a great day for collectors.
Sorry to hear about your financial situation. I will keep you in prayer that everything will work out for the best. I hope things look up for you, I really do. By the way, congrats on your test grade of 100. That's really great.
Hope everyone is doing well. Just wanted to stop in and say hello to all my friends here. Talk to you all later.

Jason B
07-19-2002, 11:24 PM
Same here. They had figures packed in every place that they could think of, and they're still full. I just got back, I picked up a Tusken Female, and my uncle grabbed the Boba Fett figure for me. :)

Mace Windex
07-20-2002, 11:30 PM
HI guys!

I drove up to Orlando to check out the new Disney Toy Store. Pretty cool. I did buy the new R3 droid. Man, he is cool! But $10 a fig is a bit pricey!! Also saw the 12 inch Ki Adi Mundi. I really wanted him but not for $28.00! The regular 12 inch dolls were going for $25. They also had Ultimate Jango for $45.00. That is cheaper that KB!! Wild or what???
On my way home I stopped by that store that had the Episode I accessory kits for .49 each but they were sold out of all SW items. :( I managed to hit a WAL MART while I was in Orlando. It is a super center that is right next to a dollar tree store. They must have gotten in a few cases of the lates wave because they had several of the Pod Racer EP 1 figure and Ki Adi Mundi. I'm sure a scalper bought Amakin, Elephant Mon, and the new Maul. This person also DAMAGED EVERY Ki Adi Mundi figure that was there!! All plastic bubbles were crushed!! ANd this was the only new fig damaged! I still bought one to open anyway. I have noticed a paint variation already too.
Anyone else finging the new Anakin???

Mace Windex
07-20-2002, 11:33 PM
I figured out how to make Jango's shin guards mold to his legs. Grab a couple of the clear rubber bands out of his packaging and double wrap them around Jango's legs over the bottoms of the armor. This will keep everything tight. Now, if I can only figure out how to fix that top holster strap over the thigh armor. I think heating it or leaving him in the sun will loosen it enough to let me slip the armor under there. And yes, he is COOL!

bigbarada
07-22-2002, 12:58 AM
Have you thought about using a hair dryer to heat the holster strap up? That usually works for putting together vinyl models.

I've been busy slaving away on my research paper so I haven't had any time to cruise around here this weekend. I was originally going to do the paper on The Lord of the Rings, but summarizing the entire 1008-page novel in less than 3/4 of a page proved nigh impossible. So I changed the report to just cover The Fellowship of the Ring (the first book for those of you not familiar with LOTR).

I also spent a couple hours scouring the internet for pics to use on the cover, since that is the only part of the report we are allowed to be creative with. I was actually able to find a font that translated everything I typed into Dwarf Runes, which is really cool. Here's the cover, still in progress, what do you guys think? (the Dwarf Runes translate as: "One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them") The image is a little grainy here but looks fine after my printer gets through with it.:)

Nexu
07-22-2002, 01:21 AM
Nicely done Nate. :)

My uncle picked up a Dooku for me today, good figure, it'll look better in the arena playset though. ;) Right now I'm just hanging onto all of the figures I have, until I can actually start displaying them. I have the Acklay on top of my moniter, with part of the geonosion from deluxe Anakin in it's mouth, and a geonosion in it's claw. The Nexu, and two massif's are fighting over the bottom half out of the Geonosion from Deluxe Annie. Chewie is sitting next to my keyboard, holding the strap to the bag in his hand, and his blaster is aimed at an invisable Boba Fett. ;)

Is there anything that anyone needs? Chewies, Han's, Besbin Waves, Deluxe Annies, Nexu's, they're all at my local Wal*Mart. Let me know, either way.

I don't need anything for right now, but I will need a TA Annie, Deluxe Geonosion, and a Tusken with massif. I'd like to get a pilot Jango too. I'd get another Deluxe Annie, just for the Geonosion, but I already have two Anakin's. {HD, and deluxe} Any idea if they will sell the tear-apart Geonosion seperatley? Probably not, understandably so, but it would be nice.

PS, if you don't know who I am, PM me. ;)

dingodad
07-22-2002, 01:35 AM
hello all. whats new? congrats on that 100% bb.i just saw the dagobah x wing today. looks neat but $40? i wont be getting one. the han chewy wave is the newest fig assrtmnt. here in Texas that ive seen. kmart had a deal on figures @$3.50 each. it ends monday though. jango 96, what was the answer to your trivia question?bye for now

bigbarada
07-22-2002, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by Nexu
PS, if you don't know who I am, PM me. ;)

Hmmmm, let's see....references to an uncle, knows me by first name.......uses that shade of red for the phrase "who I am." .....

no clue.;)

Oh, BTW, my brother bought me a Palpatine the other day. He is actually a very cool figure. Looks great in between my two Royal Guards.

I think we're on the same level over here as you are, dingodad. When I heard that Chewie was getting packed one per case, I had no idea he would be so plentiful.

Nexu
07-22-2002, 01:52 AM
yeah, I figured you knew, but I threw that color in, just to make sure. ;)

Herby
07-22-2002, 07:55 AM
Chewy is plentyful if you know where to look! My Walmart has never seen him, we got case upon case of the Palpy wave...meanwhile the Walmart 35 minutes away got tons and tons of Chewy. It's amazing how poor Walmart distribution is!

Jedi Drew
07-22-2002, 12:39 PM
Just wanted to check back in and say"HI" :D :D . I haven't found Teemto or Ki-Adi yet. My wife and myself are going to Tampa in a few weeks and I think I'm gonna get those new droids at Disney. Well everyone be cool and HH......

JetsAndHeels
07-22-2002, 06:34 PM
Dingodad, which question were you referring to? I am sorry I do not remember, but I worked close to a 12 hr shift today and my mind is not what it should be.

dingodad
07-22-2002, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by JangoFett96
Dingodad, which question were you referring to? I am sorry I do not remember, but I worked close to a 12 hr shift today and my mind is not what it should be.
i believe it was you that asked the question about which figure was used as the prototype for the wookie holiday "lumpy" action figure. perhaps it was another fett.

bigbarada
07-22-2002, 10:50 PM
Hey, Dryanta, I got the Nexu, Han and Djas today. Awesome! I didn't even know you had mailed it out yet.:cool: Thanks, bro!

That Nexu is one cool little cat!:)

Nexu
07-23-2002, 12:45 AM
Did you happen to see where they banned Jedi Knightrider? They have "over-stepped their bounds" a little bit, if that's possible. There are a whole bunch of other forumites that have multiple accounts. ;)

Herby
07-23-2002, 07:58 AM
I just have to share this toy-related story:

I woke up this morning and headed to the bathroom for my morning rituals and while I sitting there, I heard my wife shut off the AC in the bedroom but when she did, I could still hear a bizarre noise. It sounded like it was coming from downstairs (we live in a housing project, so I thought it could be one of the neighbors, but it sounded pretty close). So, I quickly changed and headed down to figure out what it was.

As I got into the living room, it was getting louder, so I knew I was closer. By this time, it was sounding alot like that scene in Dumb and Dumber when they make "The Most Annoying Sound in the World." Finally, I arrive in the kitchen and it sounds like the noise is coming straight out of the microwave. So I walk up, put my ear to the microwave (something that must have looked brilliant)...no sound. So I start looking around. Finally, underneath the chair by the microwave, I spot a box. It's a box of leftovers from a yard sale that my wife was going to give to the kids of the Somali families she works with.

Sure enough, that box was wailing away like a fire alarm. I pulled off a plastic bag that was on top, and in the box were...three *&^*#*@^& Furbies. And of course, as I pulled them out, one by one, it was the last one I picked up that was doing it. He was warm to the touch and vibrating like you fed a 5 year old a pot of coffee. His eyes were open (creepy) and this metallic shrill noise was coming from him. Amazingly, I thought to grab a bamboo skewer and hit that reset button on his butt and he shut up (although his eyes remained open!)

Well, I just had to share that little tale with you folks, it was just too strange. I never knew those things could get that loud.

bigbarada
07-23-2002, 12:07 PM
I've heard plenty of spooky stories involving Furby's. I think the designers programmed in a bunch of functions and sounds that they never advertised, to make them seem more alive and spontaneous. They're just creepy if you ask me.

JetsAndHeels
07-23-2002, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by dingodad

i believe it was you that asked the question about which figure was used as the prototype for the wookie holiday "lumpy" action figure. perhaps it was another fett.
I am pretty sure that was another Fett. I don't even have a clue to the answer anyways!!

Nexu
07-23-2002, 09:06 PM
Yes, furbies are very buggy. They lock up a lot, and do a lot of very strange things.

dingodad
07-23-2002, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by JangoFett96

I am pretty sure that was another Fett. I don't even have a clue to the answer anyways!!
sorry..my mistake. did you recently have the avitar of the headless jango?

Nexu
07-23-2002, 11:20 PM
Yes, he did.

Master Goeweins
07-23-2002, 11:28 PM
Mace Windex, did you say that you saw a Ki Adi Mundi 12" at Disney. I am going up there Thursday for the weekend. I also thought the toy store didn't open until August 1. Is it already open? They are supposed to have the board game Clue, but done as the Haunted Mansion (sweet).

BigBarada, the cover for your paper is cool. An interesting note that might be of interest in this thread: Tolkien was directly responsible for leading C.S. Lewis to Christ. I don't know if this is old news to some of you or not....

bigbarada
07-24-2002, 12:10 PM
I never knew that. I never even knew that Tolkien was a Christian, and if anything I would have thought that CS Lewis would have led Tolkien to Christ. Wow, cool. Learn something new everyday.

While we are on the subject of CS Lewis, I would recommend his story Pilgrim's Regress to everyone here. Most will know him for the Chronicles of Narnia series, but this book is on that level and is an allegory about a young man's search for God.

Master Goeweins
07-24-2002, 02:02 PM
Yeah, when I found that out it pretty much floored me. Made me rethink the LOTR series in a whole new light. The ring being a symbol of sin, in that it draws the user to wear it. And when the wearer has it on, the demons seek him out. Other symbols run throughout the books as well.
Tolkien and Lewis were good friends. Lewis was a luke warm believer in God at best early on, and it was through that friendship and long talks that he was convinced differently.
He once stated in a letter, ""I have just passed on from believing in God to definitely believing in Christ—in Christianity. My long night talk with Tolkien had a great deal to do with it."
After that they both always discussed how the great words of the Bible should be written into new stories that would be approached by anyone. Lewis set about writing The Chronicles of Narnia, and Tolkien the stories of The Ring.
Tolkien especially wanted to write a story where the faith was implied, rather than pushed. He sought to capture the readers who where put off by religious doctrines.

I have never read the Pilgrim's Regress, but I am going to make a point of reading it next for sure.

JetsAndHeels
07-24-2002, 07:45 PM
Yes, I did have that avatar, dingodad. However, I still think you are confusing me with someone else. No problem.
Hope you all are doing well. I am very tired this evening, because I worked from 6:30am to 6:00pm, close to a 12 hr day. However I am off for the weekend after tomorrow. Can't wait to catch up on my sleep soon.

bigbarada
07-25-2002, 11:58 PM
Well, I finally finished that danged sociology paper, I guess I'll find out on Monday how well I did.

Nothing much new coming out is there? Well, we do have the Teemto/T&A Anakin and the Lott Dodd/Tusken wave coming out; but I'm not interested in a single figure from those assortments. Any ideas when we'll see the Clone Pilots? I definitely want a couple of them puppies.:)

Mace Windex
07-26-2002, 01:52 AM
Hi guys! LIke my new pic? Yep, that's me bathed in the light of our Lord! LOL! Cool, isn't it?
Ki is an awesome figure. That Orlando store IS open and they have toys based on every ride and attraction!
MAce

Nexu
07-26-2002, 01:56 AM
Nice avatar, Mace. :)

Mace Windex
07-26-2002, 01:58 AM
Jedi Drew,

Looks like you will be visiting my town (Tampa). Are you vacationing? ANy kids to bring along? Maybe we can say hello!

MAce

Mace Windex
07-26-2002, 02:00 AM
In case I didn't mention it here, I did go back and buy that 12 inch Ki Adi Mundi. He is too kool! The detail is fantastic! If you collect them don't miss your chance. I saw people selling them on e-bay for $100 so I figured $28 was a bargain!

Mace Windex
07-26-2002, 02:01 AM
Don't know why I spelled COOL with a K. Must be my brain! I have got to go to bed! WORK tomorrow!
God bless you all!

Mace

Jedi Drew
07-26-2002, 08:09 AM
Hey Mace thanks for the invite. I'll PM you with the details.

JesusFreak
07-28-2002, 12:54 AM
Well, it's good to be home! :D

I never knew Tolkien led Lewis to Christ, I always thought it was the other way around too. I have the LOTR books and I just read the first two narnia books, need to get the other ones! Good books are a blessing and a curse, they really draw you in, but in doing so take up so much time!!! Does anyone here read the Left Behind books? BTW the report cover looks good Nate.

Nexu
07-28-2002, 12:55 AM
Yes, the left behind books are great. :)

bigbarada
07-28-2002, 01:20 AM
My mom has most of the Left Behind books and I plan to read a couple of them between semesters.

Well, I checked Wal-Mart today and no TA Anakins or Tusken waves. Although they were having a sale on Col 1 Saga figures. Only $3.50 each. To bad they didn't have anyone I needed.

They also got a huge shipment of LOTR figures in. I will definitely try to pick up some of those when I get my money in. Namely the Gimli/Uruk Hai 2-pack and the 12" scale Gimli figure. I just love dwarves.:D I guess I should also get Legolas, he's pretty cool too.

Well, on Wednesday my dad goes in for Angeoplasty surgery. He has a blockage in his heart and they plan to open it up. That was the cause of that episode he had a few months back. So, I would ask for everyone's prayers that everything goes well.

Another bit of good and bad news. First the bad news, my brother is going to have to indefinitely delay working on your Chewie bust, Dryanta. I know that sucks, but his reason is directly related to my good news. He actually got hired to produce busts of characters from the Stargate SG-I TV series! This is a full merchandising liscense and is the big break we have been praying for. So be on the lookout for Stargate busts within the next year or so.

Nexu
07-28-2002, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by bigbarada
Another bit of good and bad news. First the bad news, my brother is going to have to indefinitely delay working on your Chewie bust, Dryanta. I know that sucks, but his reason is directly related to my good news. He actually got hired to produce busts of characters from the Stargate SG-I TV series! This is a full merchandising liscense and is the big break we have been praying for. So be on the lookout for Stargate busts within the next year or so.

That's great news!!!

Jedi Drew
07-28-2002, 10:19 AM
Hey bigbarada, my prayers go out for your father-everything will be COOL :cool: :cool: . Hey your brother got hooked up with a good job-I like SG1. Well gotta go and HH :) :)

Master Goeweins
07-28-2002, 11:29 AM
SG-1 is awesome. Your brother's good work deserves an awesome line like that. I will be praying for your Dad as well.

Dryanta
07-28-2002, 07:25 PM
I'm Glad to hear that you recieved the stuff BB and that is great news for your brother and his family!!And your Dad and Mom have been in my prayers and continue to be.
I am hoping things will slow down after this week,so I should be able to be around more.I am looking forward to talking with you all again and to M.* and drew as well.
Nothing new.Finally took the time to ride my scoot around this weekend.Bout time.;)
Would anyone be able to get me one of the R3 droids from Disney?I really would to get one.Have no plans on being in Florida for awhile.Well guys I'll try to be around in a couple days,til then just yell if anything comes up.
God bless.

Nexu
07-28-2002, 08:47 PM
I'm headed to Vermont tomorrow, be back Wednesday.

bigbarada
07-28-2002, 09:53 PM
Well, if I get banned for a while it's cuz I kind of indirectly told off one of the mods. It seems that they are trying to turn this place into a PC nightmare where no one is allowed to express their true opinion on anything or anyone. The worst part is, it's the oldest members of the forums that are getting punished because of a handfull of immature brats. So if I'm gone for a little while, you'll know why.

Anyway, thanks for the phone #, Dryanta!

Anybody notice that the auto-censor is bleeping out the letter "*" when typed by itself?:confused:

Nexu
07-28-2002, 10:08 PM
yeah, it's pretty bad. Deadeye should be banned.

Nexu
07-28-2002, 10:11 PM
a b c d e f * h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 A B C D E F * H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z ! @ # $ % ^ & * ( )

JesusFreak
07-29-2002, 12:06 AM
Alright Nexu, have a safe trip!
Thats great news about your brother bigb, I'll be praying for your family.

P.S. Why on earth would it be censoring the letter "jee"?

JetsAndHeels
07-29-2002, 05:29 PM
Thanks for the # Dryanta. I sent you a PM back in return.
I will be in prayer for your father, BigB. I am sure everything will work out for the best. Also tell your brother congrats for me.
I had a pretty good weekend. Went and saw Austin Powers not once but twice. It was so funny, and I love those movies anyway.
BigB, there was a trailer for "The Two Towers" on Austin Powers. It looks too cool!! Can't wait to see that one in December.

bigbarada
07-30-2002, 12:00 AM
Is that the trailer that ends with Gandalf surprising Aragorn, Gimli and Legolas? I watched that one the other day, really awesome. What I like best is Gollums voice, it's much closer to what I expected it to be like, from reading the book. The old cartoon versions of Gollum were okay, but he was too inhuman. In the books he was supposed to be a hobbit-like being originally. Anyways, it was an awesome trailer.

Well, I got a 98% on my sociology research paper, I got docked a couple of points for comma problems. Stupid English language!;)

I think the mods I spoke out against had been getting a lot of that kind of comment from veteran forumites, cuz not only am I not banned; but the sticky message that told us all to behave ourselves has been removed.

JetsAndHeels
07-30-2002, 03:07 PM
BigB, yes that is the same trailer. It is very good. Can't wait for the movie.
Congrats on your 98. Excellent grade!!

Dryanta
07-30-2002, 09:10 PM
Hello to all,
Excuse my tone if I come across some what hard tonight.tired.
I knew both of the mentioned authors were(and are ;) ) Christians.I didn't know there was a connection between the two.
My wife and mother are into the left behind series.They both read both the "adult" and "kids" books.Helps them get through the long periods between books.I'm not a reader so I haven't read any of them.I have an extreme interest in Biblical prophesy so I would find myself nitpicking alot.Bad habit I have with subjects of interest.
I am glad you're around Drew.I spoke with Dale about you the other day.He has nothing but good things to say.
And Master G,I am looking forward to having a discussion or two with you as well.
Where have Grif and superbattledroid88 been?Browndroid as well?They are missed.
I was hoping jediteacher would be around this summer but I guess it's too hectic.
Dingodad!How goes the walk?Better I hope.Just call if you need a shoulder to help with the load.
DNA? did you give up on us?
Jason called today.He managed a Falcon set for my littlest and a Ki Adi and Teemto for me.I still need the Yoda deluxe,3PO dlx,
Ani TA,and the Target sets.HAs anyone seen the republic gunship yet?Is it out?Wherer is the 12" Dooku?
What waves are we expecting in the near future?I'm so out of the loop.
Hey Mace,I hope you and Drew are abl;e to get to together.
Herby stopped by here a week ago,wish he had more time.He and his wife were really nice people.
Congrats on the 98 BB.Keep it up and you'll go very far.I also may have a small favor to ask of you later in the fall.I might need some art work for the speedo face plate on my bike.There's a company that can take custom art work and screen print it onto a new faceplate.Translucent so it's still readable at night.
I'd like maybe either a Great golgothga scene or maybe the empty garden tomb.I'll need to get your feedback on it and if you're interested in making a couple bucks I'll get the details to you.
Also you and your parents will be heavy on my spirit tomorrow.I will be in constant prayer thru out the day.
I would very much like a sit down Jango.Let me get a good time together and I'll let you know.
I have to call Mabudon again too.I feel bad I haven't been able to reach him yet.I'll PM him in a minute.
I'm feeling the need for a really heavy discussion coming.Any body like to drop a Bible Bomb?;)
So what's up,what's down?I'm back.

dingodad
07-30-2002, 10:36 PM
you guys ever get bored and do stuff like this?

Master Goeweins
07-30-2002, 10:45 PM
you guys ever get bored and do stuff like this?

Once..... but I didn't feel too hot afterwards.....

"Bible Bomb?" I don't know, like what? Christ fulfilling prophecies? Scientific evidence in the Bible? Creationism vs Evolution? hmmm.....

bigbarada
07-31-2002, 12:00 AM
I should be able to do something for your bike, Dryanta. Just let me know what you have in mind. What's a golgothga?

My dad will head out in the morning about 6 AM, his surgery is at 8 AM so he should be done by the time I get back from school. If everything goes really well, he might even be done before I go to school at 11 AM.

Dryanta
07-31-2002, 10:32 AM
OOPs on the spelling.Golgotha.The hill out side Jerusalem where the cruxifiction took place.Place of the skull.And your Dad is covered.
Bible Bomb.Anything theological or even social discussion pertaining to Biblical ethics and standards.Just something to get the spiritual juices flowing.The Jesus thread was alot of fun in some ways.
And I have done things like that. thanks for the idea.It looks a whole lot less painful doing it to a figure. ;)
I'll get some details to you BB on the art work.

Dryanta
07-31-2002, 02:03 PM
well Guys I come to you for some help.My discernment is shot and a bind we've been in for a long while now can't be put aside any longer.
This is apt to get very long so bare with me.I will try to cover as many bases as possible to give you a good direction to come from.

I joined a church in 91 when I gave my life to Christ.Alot of people of all ages and economic places in life.They had just won an award from A.B.C.O.M. for an outstanding year of growth and evanglism.
The pastor was relatively new there,only a year and half or so.He history was somewhat clouded by some kind of problem at another church.No real answers have been given that I know of.But I'll go into that later.
The only problem was the congregation had a huge click embedded.Old friends and relatives.I think you all get the idea.
You were a part of that or somewhat on the outside.Where I found my family,on the outside.
Things went along OK for a few years,not great but OK.
well the church found itself coming under some fire from within.
The church had had a single woman pastor for years and years.Now it has a male pastor who,to be blunt,does come across as sexist.And alot of this friction was coming from the click,aimed at the pastor.Power struggle,big time.And no one was going to back off.
Well someone in the click decided to contact ABCOM and have an investigation.Well I get called and given the "sales pitch" to run to the pastors deffense.Well I went on the deffensive but not on his side persay.I deffended to scriptural layout of how these things are to be handled.This commitee held everything in secret,no witnesses,and then decided to come before the church with their findings.Take them and stuff them.
Well the church had been shrinking a bit at that time but now it lost about half of it's families.gone.
Now My stand had been misunderstood as a deffense of the pastor.Which was not correct.I know for a fact he has told lies openly.His explaination of his removal from the previous church varies from person to person and is outright nonsense.He has also told some real stories about alot of other things.
anyway,Good people were just being chewed up and spit out at this point.My family included.My spouse at the time entered into an affair with another member of the church and certain people knew it and didn't bother letting me know.
When it came to my knowledge now everybody is concerned.
There was actually a fight over whether or not one of the unrepentant offenders should be asked to leave the church.
Well since I haven't had much to do withthe church,The last real problem there was when it was discovered that an member who was mystriously seperated from his wife made a move on one of the pastor's daughters.Now he has to go.Well the pastor knew that's what he was about.And no one else did.He was around all of our kids constantly.One woman had a daycare center and he was there everyday for years.Thank God that nothing happened,but we should have known.But he made a move in the wrong dirrection then he wasn't welcome.
Well the pastors salary and benefit package is around 75% of the church budget.It has shrunk down to just single mothers and the leadership.He also decided that he needed an assistant pastor about a year ago.A pastor who's church was closed.
The assistant pastor seems to be on a constant ego trip,and the pastor has been on a intellectual kick for years.Empty sermons,dead congregation.All of my freinds are gone.Fallen away from the faith to be exact.Chewed up and spit out.They have made no effort to find these lost families.Could really care less.
Now my wife stayed active for a while but she cpouldn't take it anymore.Well the lack of fellowshiup has taken a serious toll on our kids and we decided to try and go back.I went twice.She has gone for about a month and a half.
Now there seems to be a brow beating thing happening about peiople leaving the church or thinking about it."You are not serious about your Faith"ect ect.Not directed at her by name but she's getting the idea.There is no love in it.It's not conviction either.Pure cover his butt tactic.Now all of a sudden there is a woman standing up every week tell ing how she was at the church three years ago and got mad and left and now she has been led back and her life is wonderful.The problem is my wife hasn't seen her before.Hmmm.
Well I just learned some of these things today and I came here.All of my friends in the church are gone.I'm a huge mess and so is my family because of me and my lack of leadership.
So if you have any questions please ask,But I need prayer and help here.Do I leave.The last few that have apparently haven't been released from their memberships so they cant be members elsewhere.He has apparently shut a few people from trying.
Or do I go back and fight for the church and people who belong to God.I would be physically alone and spiritually empty,but I'll go.My word could easily be called into question because of my state and I could easily be discredited.So Do I take up the fight or live with the effects of my poor decisions.
Help guys I need reall indepth help here.I need to talk some of the decade out and try and find what the Lord god wants me to do.Called to walk fine.Called to fight fine.I need to make sure I'm being sent.
Help guys

Nexu
07-31-2002, 04:30 PM
I'm back. :)
I picked up a Ka-Audi-Mundi, a Yoda, Sasee Tinn, and a SBD, and a Teemto, and a Ka-Audi for my uncle. I picked up a Yoda, and a Dooku to trade. Does anyone need either of those? I'd like to have two Tuskens with Massifs, and a TA Annie, but if you can't come up with them, no biggie. It'll all even out. :)

Be back later.

mylow thehutt
07-31-2002, 09:20 PM
Hay guys long time no see,Sorry I haven't been here in a while,thanx for the teebo Dryanta.Any ways i'm back and here to stay,can't wait for the new pics chat later

bigbarada
08-01-2002, 01:21 AM
That's a major predicament you are in right now Dryanta. My immediate advise would be to get out of that church ASAP. Even if you don't find another for a while, I think it would be best to get away from an acidic situation like that one.

I withdrew myself from church in 1991, when I first joined the Army and I have never been a member of one since. I have visited my parents' church a few times on major holidays, but I just never felt like I really belonged there. No one I could really relate to. (most of them are elderly with a myriad of health problems) Thus I have been studying my Bible on my own and discussing what I have learned with my parents (who are becoming increasingly disenchanted with their church "Too much lovey-dovey crap." as they put it. Exactly why I never liked that church, they seem to focus more on love and feeling happy than on studying the truths of the Bible. In other words, if they find something in the Bible that upsets them, they don't read it and only focus on the stuff that makes them feel good.). It is great for me to study the Bible by myself, because, along with my fascination with ancient history, I have made some startling discoveries. More on those another time though.

So, my advice would be to leave. Don't take the chance that a destructive church will turn your children away from God. If the church doesn't release your membership, who cares? Church membership is just a meaningless formality to give the pastors an illusion of control. It's simply a powerplay, so disregard it. However, keep in mind that I am a very anti-establishment kind of person (if it was built by men then it is evil and corrupt, this includes churches). I have a definite bias against any established church and I have an absolute disgust over any organized religion.

Following Jesus is not about churches or memberships or hymnals or saints or any of the bull**** that has been shoved down our throats our whole lives. Following Jesus is simply a personal relationship between you and God, nothing more. Sure fellowship makes it stronger but that's what clubs like this one are for. In God's eyes, this collector's club is a church (using the biblical definition, not man's) as much as any building or convention.

However, having no children, I really can't give you any advice about that. I do believe that your kids will learn more about God through watching how you act, than they will ever learn in Sunday School. So maybe just setting a good example for them will be enough, God will take it from there.

bigbarada
08-01-2002, 02:03 AM
Oh, BTW, my dad's operation went smoothly. He should be released from the hospital by 9 AM tomorrow.

What they actually did was put a "stent" in one of his arteries to open up the blockage. The "stent" was placed near his heart, but they had to enter the artery from his thigh and work their way up (just the way they do it I guess). Since my dad is short, they didn't have very far to go.:D Anyways, he is feeling much better and can actually breath freely again. Before the procedure, just getting up to walk to the bathroom would leave him out of breath. So he should be out and about again within a week.

JetsAndHeels
08-01-2002, 10:41 AM
BigB, I am very happy that your father's operation went well. I will continue to keep him in my prayers.
Dryanta, you give me the time and the date and I will call you.
About your situation with your church, I agree completely with what BigB said. When things get to a certain point in a church, it is no longer a church, but more like a battlefield. I have seen my share of churches that have had major problems. My father is a minister you know, praise the Lord he has never been in a bad church, but he has plenty of associates and friends who have had bad experiences in their ministry. Take into account the fact that it totally overshadows the whole reason why you are there in the first place-to worship God and praise Him with other believers.
I also liked what BigB said about how we here in this forum are like a church because we are here with each other, knowing our faith and coming together because of our common interests. To me, that's what it's all about. You don't need a manmade structure like a church to worship him, just an open heart and a strong faith. I do belong to a church and go weekly, but if I miss a Sunday for whatever reason, I am still in a spirit of worship and can be attentive to that, no matter where I am.
So my point in all of this is you must do what you feel, but in my opinion, it sounds like things are getting so ugly that you may find it is best if you look for another place. Some churches get to a point where it is hard to come back and recover. Human nature is to criticize and argue and find fault. When you have a group of people together such as in a church congregation, these things are bound to happen at one time or another.
I will be praying for you Dryanta. I know this must be very difficult for you. Let me know when I can call you and we will talk about it.
God Bless.

Nexu
08-01-2002, 11:16 AM
It's bound to get interesting right off. Someone's going to get banned over it, that's for sure. If all goes well, then Deadeye will be gone, but it may not turn out that way. :(

bigbarada
08-01-2002, 12:46 PM
Well, me and JT got in a sparring match last night over the DeadEye issue. It actually resorted to name calling (JT told me to kiss his ***) so I've decided that is it. I've deleted all my profile info and will retire my bigb name. You guys will see me here only under a different name, and this thread is the only one I plan to post in.

I just need some time away to cool my head and think all of this through. I have way to much drama going on in my personal life to deal with this crap right now.

I'll be back on later tonight under a new name.

RIP bigbarada.:(

JetsAndHeels
08-01-2002, 02:25 PM
Maybe I am missing something here, but what is going on with DeadEye now? Did he get banned or something? If someone could fill me in, I would be very grateful.

Jedi Drew
08-01-2002, 06:09 PM
Hey Mace, you got PM. Jedi Drew.

Master Goeweins
08-01-2002, 11:41 PM
Hello to all!
BigB I am glad to hear that your Dad is good. I am sure that it is a big relief.

Dryanta, this sounds like a serious problem in your church. It sounds like your pastor has an open door to sin, and it has taken a hold on the congregation itself. I disagree with the sentiments that a church is not important. (Please don't anyone take offense to my disagreement, it is not made in condescending notions and I certainly do not judge anyone for their personal beliefs.) I believe that God intended us to gather and worship Him together in unison. The Jews did it in Temples, and Paul and Peter both started many churches under Christ's direct leadership. I think that a church is a vital place in the Christian's life. I believe that God annoints certain men to take up leadership, and pastor a congregation towards God. Yes fault is possible, yes man is of sin, but Christ conquered these things and told us they are powerless against us.

If a pastor is open to God, they should be led by God. If they are allowing sin to take a stronghold in their life, then they are closing that door to God. It sounds like your pastor is not willing to let go of his former sins, and it sounds like he is allowing sins to take a hold over the congregation. You should probably take your family and leave this church. No one man can stand up and change this church's path, except a pator led by God. Your defending this man for what he is now will change nothing. Unless God really speaks to you (and I will be praying for you in this), I would take my family and seek out a new church. And yes, your children will learn greatly by your examples, but a strong church will help to keep them on the path.

I do believe that a church is important. And I believe that even a man made building or institution can be honest with God. My prayers and sympathies are with you Dryanta.

JesusFreak
08-02-2002, 01:50 AM
Dryanta, being a 14 year old I don't know that much, and you won't get great advice from me as you would from other people but, as Master Goewins said, I think church is important as long as its a community of believers coming together to worship and glorify God, not just a Sunday morning, go through the motions type church. The church is Christ's body and I think it's important for the people of the church to be there for each other. In your situation I think I would probably leave unless God was calling me to stay, which he may be doing. But if not I think you should find a new, God-centered church. I'll be praying for you Dryanta, may God bless you out of His heavenly blessings :)

bigbarada
08-02-2002, 10:18 PM
Hey all, did you guys hear about that 14 state blackout that hit today? We all lost power for about an hour. It's kind of funny since that's not supposed to happen with all the redundancies built into the system.

What's really wierd is that my Sociology teacher was making a comment about how the idea of independence was an illusion. He basically said, "If you think you're independent, wait until the electricity goes out." That's pretty much exactly what happened too.:)

I've been working on a couple of projects, one is a timeline of the Old Testament books of the Bible, which basically lays out the approximate date that each book was written, what historical event was taking place at the time and which people, mentioned in the Bible were alive at the time. The other one is a layout of all the translations of the Bible and how they relate to each other, I'm still working on incorporating dates. Most of the work of both of these was done for me, out of various Bibles and religious books that my dad has (he's an ordained minister, with a Masters degree in Theology). So basically all I did was convert them into a Microsoft Word document. If you guys are interested in seeing them let me know, I'm not sure if I can link text documents here but I'll try.

My dad has mapped out the entire Bible in chart form, from Genesis to Revelations. So I think my next project will be to find a way to tranfer all of that into my computer. Maybe I'll start a webpage just so others can benefit from his years of research.

figrin bran
08-02-2002, 11:37 PM
hi everyone,

i hope you don't mind a prayer request? the morning cook at the hospital i work at suffered a severe heart attack last week. i was away on a vacation trip last week so i didn't find out until this Tuesday when i returned to work. he has been in intensive care all this time and it isn't looking very good for him. everytime i pass by, he isn't really conscious and i see all his family members, some having come all the way from mexico, and i never really know what to say though i am praying a lot for him. the social worker told us that there's a strong chance that even if he survives this, he may not be able to function the way he used to. he is not even 50 yet, so i still consider him rather young and he has two teenage daughters.

hmm...i realize this is my first post on this thread so greetings to all and thank you in advance for your prayers.

peace,
figrin bran

bigbarada
08-03-2002, 12:21 AM
First off, welcome to the club figrin bran. Don't be a stranger.

I will definitely keep your friend and his family in prayer, as I know firsthand what they are going through. My dad just had heart surgery this week. Fortunately, his was a preventitive measure to avoid a major heart attack and he should be fully recovered in a month.

figrin bran
08-03-2002, 02:03 AM
thanks for the welcome and for the prayers bigbarada and i promise to stop by more often too! :)

JesusFreak
08-03-2002, 02:06 AM
Welcome, figrin. We'll be praying for your co-worker, and hopefully, by God's grace, he'll get well. :)

Nexu
08-03-2002, 10:12 AM
Where'd you come up with that name? Mis-spell it, and it comes out to something completely different, that you probably didn't want. :) ;)
I'm going to Vacation Bible Camp, starting tomorrow, and I'm coming back on next Sunday.
Talk to you later. :)

JetsAndHeels
08-03-2002, 10:33 AM
Figrin Bran, welcome to the club here. I really think you will enjoy it, as it has been a great blessing for me.
I will remember your co worker in my prayers. I am sure it will all work out for the best. Just trust in Him!!

bigbarada
08-04-2002, 11:11 AM
Now that so many new figures are coming up, what are everyone's updated want lists?

Here's mine:
Clone Pilot
Deluxe Clonetrooper with Speeder Bike
Jango Pilot
Ephant Mon
Endor Rebel Trooper clean-shaven version

Herby
08-04-2002, 12:01 PM
Odd question: has anyone else's Walmart just been flooded w/ Ultimate Jango Fetts? Mine must have gotten like 4 or 5 cases of the guy. He's shoved into every nook and cranny of the SW section. Friday, nothing new...Saturday, tons of Jango...weird.

BTW, I'm VERY excited for the Deluxe Clonetrooper now, after seeing the pics from Comicon.

Nexu
08-04-2002, 12:51 PM
Yes, that looks great. :)
Our Walmart is flooded with Jango's too. I wish I had the money for a couple of them, people were screaming for them, last I knew.

Nexu
08-04-2002, 12:58 PM
I want:
Stuff I can get:
Shak Ti
Plo Koon
Padme
A good Obi-wan figure (I can't stand either one that's out now)
Reek
Stuff I can't:
TA Anakin
Deluxe Clone Trooper
Republic Gunship
Pods for Gunship
Deluxe Mace

JesusFreak
08-05-2002, 09:58 PM
Lord of the Rings comes out on DVD tommorow! WHo's gonna be buying it on tape/dvd? I'm getting it first thing in the morning. I can't wait, this is probly the best movie I've ever seen :)

bigbarada
08-05-2002, 11:27 PM
I totally agree! My favorite film of all time was ESB, that is until Dec. 19th 2001. FOTR was brilliant and beyond my wildest expectations. The Two Towers is looking to top even that. My dad already has the LOTR DVD on order from his DVD club so we should have it by the end of the week. I might buy myself a copy, but that all depends on my financial situation. College registration is tomorrow for me also so I will find out how much the fall semester will set me back.

You know all that crap the Army spouts about how they give you all this money to pay for college? That's a total lie, you pay for the college and the Army just reimburses you. You have to be enrolled and have attended for 30 days before the VA will even mail off your first check. Just something for you younger members to think about when the recruiters start visiting your school. Another bit of advise, never, EVER, listen to what the recruiter tells you. They are trained in how to lie right to your face and get away with it.

Well we covered religion in Sociology today. My professor has some seriously skewed views about Christianity. Imagine being locked in a room with stillakid and you absolutely HAVE TO listen to what he says and you HAVE TO take notes because you will be tested on it. It's frustrating beyond belief.:frus: Oh well, fortunately it only lasted one day and it blew away any ideas I might have had about changing my major to Sociology. The population problem is tomorrow's class and that should hopefully be more interesting.

Did you know that in China, when a woman has her first child the government implants a sensor into her uteris that will detect if she gets pregnant again without permission from the government? If a woman does have an unauthorized pregnancy, the government will force her to have an abortion, even if she is nine months pregnant. Since a couple can only have one child and boys are favored, a pot of water is placed under the mother's womb and if the newborn is a girl, she is dropped into the water and held down until she dies. Then and only then is the woman allowed to get pregnant again. Sick. (Of course, the US' stance on abortion isn't too much better)

Jonna
08-05-2002, 11:31 PM
Did you know that in China, when a woman has her first child the government implants a sensor into her uteris that will detect if she gets pregnant again without permission from the government? If a woman does have an unauthorized pregnancy, the government will force her to have an abortion, even if she is nine months pregnant. Since a couple can only have one child and boys are favored, a pot of water is placed under the mother's womb and if the newborn is a girl, she is dropped into the water and held down until she dies. Then and only then is the woman allowed to get pregnant again. Sick. (Of course, the US' stance on abortion isn't too much better) [/B]

Holy Cr@9! I just stumbled in here and do not want to start anything, but do you really believe that!?!

bigbarada
08-05-2002, 11:53 PM
Check out the New York Times article by John Erik, called "China's Policy on Births" from the January 3rd, 1982 issue. It talks about all the findings of the anthropologist Steven Mosher's field research in China. Where all the facts about China's reproductive policies came from.

For the info on infanticide regarding female babies check out:

Lagaipa, Susan J. "Suffer the Little Children: The Ancient Practice of Infanticide as a Modern Moral Dilemma." Issues in Comprehensive Pediatric Nursing 1990: 241-251.

McGowan, Jo. "Little Girls Dying: An Ancient & Thriving Practice." Commonweal August 9, 1991: 481-482.

Polumbaum, Judy. "China: Confucian Tradition Meets the Market Economy." Ms. Sept-Oct 1992: 12-13.

Renteln, Alison Dundes. "Sex Selection and Reproductive Freedom." Women's Studies International Forum, 1992: 405-426.

Greenhalgh, Susan and Jiali Li. "Engendering Reproductive Policy and Practice in Peasant China: For a Feminist Demography of Reproduction." Signs Spring 1995: 601-640.

Jordan, Miriam. "Among Poor Villagers, Female Infanticide Still Flourishes in India." Wall Street Journal May 9, 2000: A1, A12.

Master Goeweins
08-05-2002, 11:58 PM
I will be buying the LOTR 2 disc and the 4 disc set in November. I can't wait either!

BigBarada is actually correct. This is a practice that has long been going on. It's sick, but no less sick than America's partial birth abortion. This is where they force the baby down the woman's canal, only to stop it when it's neck is exposed. Then taking a large pair of snips, they cut the baby's spine and let it die before pulling it all the way out. This happens into the eight month of pregnancy. Murder no matter how you call it.....

JesusFreak
08-06-2002, 12:04 AM
That is just sick, I don't know how anyone could just sit there and watch a newborn baby die in front of their eyes. I can't believe that, it's so sad

bigbarada
08-06-2002, 12:30 AM
Here's the quote from my Sociology textbook that discusses this:

"Around the globe, for every 100 girls born, about 105 boys are born. In China, however, for every 100 baby girls, there are 111 baby boys. Given China's huge population, this means China has about 400,000 fewer baby girls than it should have. Why?
The answer is female infanticide, the killing of baby girls. When a Chinese woman goes into labor, village midwives sometimes grab a bucket of water. If the newborn is a girl, she is plunged into the water before she can draw her first breath." (James M. Henslin. Essentials of Sociology 2002: p. 371.)

Yes, it is terrible and the world is full of much worse atrocities (like the hitmen who are hired out to shoot poor families rummaging through garbage dumps in Brazil, or the massacre that took place between the Hutus and Tutsis in Rwanda in 1994.)

Henslin describes the Rwandan tragedy also:

"The Hutus, who controlled the government, called on all Hutus to kill all Tutsis. Is was a national duty, said the Hutu leaders. Obediently, neighbors hacked neighbors to death in their homes. Colleagues hacked colleagues to death at work. Even teachers killed their students.
Local Hutu officials opened stadiums and churches, offering refuge to Tutsis. It was there that the largest massacres occurred, supervised by these same local officials.
When radio announcers urged their listeners to disembowel pregnant Tutsi women, the government passed out machetes, guns and alcohol -- and bused men from massacre to massacre." (Henslin: p. 205)

It took just 100 days for the Hutus to kill between 800,000 and 1 million Tutsis.

So, yes, the world is a terrible place, but these atrocities are not new to humanity.

Jedi Drew
08-06-2002, 10:00 AM
Wow...what a sick world we live in. They should put those kids up for adoption, but I guess that would make too much sense. :confused: :confused: Anyways, still haven't found Ki-Adi or Teemto but did manage to get the accessory sets and the new X-wing. I'm NOT impressed with the X-wing, maybe because of the $40.00 price tag. Gotta run......HH.

Jonna
08-06-2002, 10:43 AM
Actually, I was refering to this:

Did you know that in China, when a woman has her first child the government implants a sensor into her uteris that will detect if she gets pregnant again without permission from the government?

Big Brother is watching! Humans are sure screwy!:mad:

bigbarada
08-06-2002, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Jonna
Actually, I was refering to this:

Big Brother is watching! Humans are sure screwy!:mad:

Yeah, that was covered in the New York Times article I mentioned earlier. The author of the Sociology text made references to Big Brother also, he said that China's policy was beyond George Orwell's wildest dreams. Actually that plan has sort of backfired for China in recent years as many women are opting to have zero babies and now Chinese officials are worried that their population will dwindle to almost nothing within a century if this trend continues.

Did you know that India recently reached 1 billion people along with China and the US is in third place in the world with almost 300 million? Projections actually predict India surpassing China within 50 years and China's population dwindling well below 1 billion.

The United States should actually start experiencing negative population growth within the next 100 years also. Although the world population will double to 12 billion within 40 years (barring major ecological catastrophe or plague) and it should double again to 24 billion within 20-30 years after that. We can thank Africa and India for that unrestrained population growth.

Jonna
08-06-2002, 09:41 PM
The United States should actually start experiencing negative population growth within the next 100 years also. Although the world population will double to 12 billion within 40 years (barring major ecological catastrophe or plague) and it should double again to 24 billion within 20-30 years after that. We can thank Africa and India for that unrestrained population growth.

See that is the funny thing. Nature has a way of taking care of itself. Everything has a purpose, even if we don't see it. If it (whatever "it" might be) didn't, it would never have come into existance in the first place. Plagues happen for a reason. Just look at the population growth in the past 20 years and compare it to all of the new problems (diseases and what not). When the population gets to big, bacteria seems to mutate more quickly and in doing so infects more individuals. No offence intended (being that this is called the "Christian Collector/fan club.All are welcome" thread), but I am not attributing any of this to God's judgement by any means, it just seems to be the natural and logical order of things.

Just my opinion.:D

Herby
08-06-2002, 09:47 PM
My understanding was that the Chinese gov't doesn't actually condone or encourage infanticide or abortions. What they do is if a woman gives birth to a second child, the family loses access to most gov't services and have a severe tax penalty. For this reason, many families have one child (the purpose of the law was to reduce the severe overpopulation in China). The catch is that the people in China (note: not the gov't) put such a huge importance on having a son, they perform illegal infanticide themselves. The gov't does not kill babies, it's a result of a law and a terribly male dominated society.

bigbarada
08-06-2002, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Jonna

See that is the funny thing. Nature has a way of taking care of itself. Everything has a purpose, even if we don't see it. If it (whatever "it" might be) didn't, it would never have come into existance in the first place. Plagues happen for a reason. Just look at the population growth in the past 20 years and compare it to all of the new problems (diseases and what not). When the population gets to big, bacteria seems to mutate more quickly and in doing so infects more individuals. No offence intended (being that this is called the "Christian Collector/fan club.All are welcome" thread), but I am not attributing any of this to God's judgement by any means, it just seems to be the natural and logical order of things.

Just my opinion.:D

Well, you weren't as blunt as my Sociology professor, who called AIDS: "mother-nature's way of evening the odds.":eek:

Actually I do believe plagues are something of a safety catch to keep unrestrained population growth in check. If you look at all the new diseases that are appearing and the old diseases that are reappearing (bubonic plague is making a comeback right here in New Mexico), we are in for a major biological catastrophe. I'm not calling it the "Wrath of God" mind you, but I do believe it serves a purpose. That and the severe weather systems that are becoming more frequent. Just measures to prevent mankind from completely killing the planet. (The vary same planet Adam was trusted to care for.)

Of course, it could be the Wrath of God also, as outlined in Revelation. Chapter 9 talks about three plagues killing off one-third of mankind (in the book these plagues take the forms of animals and locusts). Right now that would be roughly 2 billion people. Imagine China and India wiped clean of all human life and you get an idea of how devastating that would be.

bigbarada
08-06-2002, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Herby
My understanding was that the Chinese gov't doesn't actually condone or encourage infanticide or abortions. What they do is if a woman gives birth to a second child, the family loses access to most gov't services and have a severe tax penalty. For this reason, many families have one child (the purpose of the law was to reduce the severe overpopulation in China). The catch is that the people in China (note: not the gov't) put such a huge importance on having a son, they perform illegal infanticide themselves. The gov't does not kill babies, it's a result of a law and a terribly male dominated society.

I think they can force abortions onto women, but you have to remember that article was written in 1982. A lot has probably changed since then. China has seen an amazing amount of social change in the last two decades, so what you are saying is probably true right now.

Herby
08-07-2002, 06:58 PM
Yeah, alot does change. The only reason I knew anything about it was that I took Chinese in college 3 years, each year having a different professor who came from the University of Beijing and we asked one of them about the law. She said that it has caused an increase in infanticide, but the more the rest of the world changes and influences them, the less the "we are worthless because we had a daughter" factors in. I think my Soc class talked about it as well.

Unfortunatly, it's easy for stories to change/get exagerrated when our media covers them. Alot of people can also bring in their own baggage and beliefs and form a bizarre version of the truth. If your Soc professor said that about AIDS, I'd say he/she has some baggage.

The law is true, the implant idea isn't (I'm pretty sure at least). Heck, the wife and I are trying to have a kid now with no luck, we'd love a buzzer that would go off when we actually succeed!

Master Goeweins
08-07-2002, 10:46 PM
I am curious as to what "odds" are evening out with AIDS.

bigbarada
08-07-2002, 11:57 PM
Well, my Soc professor does have some issues. He thinks having children is stupid and the core of the population problem and since people have this unexplainable moral dilema about the mass extermination of billions of people, he would rather a major disease spread throughout the globe and kill off most of the planet. I guess that's his idea of evening the odds.:stupid:

Of course, the good news is that pollution and global warming will kill us all off long before the population becomes a problem.:eek: :rolleyes:

Fortunately, I only have one more day of Soc left, my finals are tomorrow.

So did anyone pic up LOTR yet? My dad got the VHS Tape in the mail today (fullscreen version unfortunately :( ). I hope to pick up the DVD this weekend when I get the money from selling back my books. I like that movie more every time I see it.

JesusFreak
08-08-2002, 12:38 PM
Yeah, I got the widescreen dvd. Extras are great if you haven't already seen those specials. Two Towers preview is cool. Can't wait till the Extended version and the Ep. 2 dvd comes out! :D

Master Goeweins
08-08-2002, 02:10 PM
I got the DVD and it is awesome! Peter Jackson is the greatest director. He really knows how to reward his fans.

bigbarada
08-08-2002, 09:07 PM
I'll try to pick up the DVD this weekend, I got $40 back from selling my books, so I should be able to get a copy no problem.

Well, I'm completely done with my Summer classes. I'm pretty confident I did well. I can't wait for next semester though, cuz I'll be taking two art classes and nothing else. One is Digital Imaging where we get to play around with Photoshop and the other is 2D design in which we learned about composition, colors and negative space.

My Pell Grant got approved so money shouldn't be a problem this semester.

Herby
08-08-2002, 09:23 PM
Sound like pretty cool classes. I had the chance to teach a college Intro to Digital Imaging last year, it was a bunch of fun. I took 2d design on the computer in college, too. It was a great class, makes you look at things like designing webpages in very different ways.

bigbarada
08-08-2002, 09:32 PM
I hope to take Web Page Design next semester. I'm not sure what else. Probably Digital Imaging II or Advanced Computer Based Illustration.

bigbarada
08-10-2002, 05:12 PM
Well, I made a stop at Wal-Mart last night and not much new over here. They got in the new Action Fleet and a Jango Fett Room Alarm, aside from that not much else.

I picked up the new Gimli/Uruk Hai 2-pack. What a cool figure Gimli is!:)

dingodad
08-12-2002, 12:31 AM
The blockbuster video stores had a promo here in that if you prepaid for 10 rentals( at a discount even), you received the LOTR dvd free! i really enjoyed this dvd. i look forward to the next movie. btw, the walmarts here have been getting in older LOTR toys like the original strider. they have also been getting older JP 3 toys all at $4 each. i picked up the perimiter fence playset and a large t-rex for $4 apiece. i dont know why i did it though.

bigbarada
08-13-2002, 12:20 AM
My Wal-Mart got a bunch of the LOTR toys that I was never able to find before. I got the Gimli/Uruk Hai 2-pack I mentioned above and, since my brother owes me money, I got him to pick up the 12" Gimli for me. In case you can't tell, Gimli is my favorite character from LOTR. I thought he was portrayed perfectly by John Rhys-Davies, even though a major plotline for his character was cut out of the movie. I'm holding out hope that much of it gets put back in for the Special Edition DVD or is touched on in the next two films.

JesusFreak
08-20-2002, 12:47 AM
Ok, let's revive this topic, ummm...

What's everyone's fav. movie? Mine's LOTR: FOTR

dingodad
08-20-2002, 08:14 PM
BB are you collecting the toyvault LOTR figs? I just found a few this weekend at a fleamarket. They only had Gimli and Balrog but $5 a piece aint bad.

dingodad
08-20-2002, 08:15 PM
my favorite movies are dumb and dumber and the searchers.

bigbarada
08-20-2002, 09:48 PM
I've been wondering were everyone has been.:confused: But I didn't want to feel like I was talking to myself by being the only one posting here.:stupid:;)

Anyways, I have been casually looking around for the Toy Vault Gimli figure, dingodad (btw, that was a cool pic with your dog in the dog thread :) ). Gimli being my favorite LOTR character. Are they plentiful in your area? If my college money shows up at a reasonable time, I might send you some money to pick one up for me around mid-September. Is that cool with you?

My favorite film right now is FOTR also, JesusFreak. Although I am thinking that T2T might take #1 in December, we'll have to see. Other favorite films of mine are Black Hawk Down, Three Kings, Saving Private Ryan and American Graffiti.

Oh yeah and Star Wars.:D

Well, my bankruptcy is done, I had my hearing today. There were about eight people in front of me and I got to listen to their hearings to see how thing went. Some of those people really had no business declaring bankruptcy (one couple had a $110,000 home and a Corvette on their exemption list :stupid: ), but I guess that's not really for me to say (but if you can't give up the Corvette and get a cheaper car, then maybe you should re-evaluate your priorities). By the time I got up there everything went fairly smooth, the judge even asked me how I determined the value of my Star Wars toy collection.:eek: I told her that I used a collectibles magazine for that and she started asking me specifics about what I had. I guess she was a Star Wars fan also, either that or she was trying to trip me up.:sur: Anyways, it took about five minutes and I was officially bankrupt. Now I can relax a little, turn the ringer back on for my phone and start over. I thank God for that.:cool:

bigbarada
08-20-2002, 09:55 PM
Oh, BTW, I just found out last week that my application for Financial Aid for college was denied. I have enough to barely scrape through until my GI Bill checks start arriving. I just ask for your prayers that God show me the path He wants me to take. I will stay enrolled as long as I can afford it, but if my Veteran's Benefit money doesn't start showing up by September, I will be in some serious trouble and will most likely have to withdraw. Which, if that is what God wants, is fine with me. I would just like to know which direction to go next, all this uncertainty is nerve racking. Anyways, if I do have to withdraw from school, no biggie, I will probably just go to work with my dad at the Middle School. :)

Herby
08-21-2002, 08:18 AM
That sucks about the Financial Aid. Congrats on the Backruptcy. I'm going through one of those credit counciling agencies now (trying to get rid of the "we were stupid college kids" credit card debt for me and my wife). It's been about 3 months since we've had creditors call and I can't stress how nice that's been!

My favorite flicks are: Princess Bride, UHF, any Kevin Smith movie, and Office Space. Once I get the DVD (I'm waiting for the 4discer), FOTR will probably join them, but I need to see it more than once to decide!

JetsAndHeels
08-21-2002, 09:11 PM
BigB, congrats on your bankruptcy. I am sorry to hear your financial aid was denied. I will definately keep you in my prayers.
I can also relate with financial and credit problems. In my teenage years I accumulated a hefty amount of debt myself. It was around $3,500 when I was finally maxed out on all 3 of my credit cards. Of course when you make a monthly payment of $20-$30, it barely gets the interest you accrue. That is how these credit card companies make money-they WANT you to stay in debt. But I was able to get it all paid off in June, so now I have a small blemish on my credit history, but it could have been alot worse.
Sorry I haven't been posting much here lately. I just got off from a nice 14 hr workday (6:30am-8:30pm) so that definately has taken up alot of my time. I am just thankful to The Lord that I was able to find a good job when I did.
Since we are discussing favorite movies, I will go ahead and throw my list into the hat. Here goes:
-All Star Wars Movies
-Most James Bond movies, with the exception of a few
-Superman I & II
-LOTR:FOTR
-Austin Powers 2 & 3
-Se7en
-Road Trip
-Unbreakable (Since I love comics)
-Top Gun
-Full Metal Jacket
-Gladiator
-The Patriot (the one Mel Gibson did)
-Braveheart
-Starship Troopers
-Office Space
-X-Men
There are others, but that is the core of them.

macewindu87
08-21-2002, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Drew
Wow...what a sick world we live in. They should put those kids up for adoption, but I guess that would make too much sense. :confused: :confused: Anyways, still haven't found Ki-Adi or Teemto but did manage to get the accessory sets and the new X-wing. I'm NOT impressed with the X-wing, maybe because of the $40.00 price tag. Gotta run......HH.
i feel the same way that you all feel with the abortion rights,but i guess you need all kinds of people in this world to make the world go around, around here the X-wing is only $20.00 pretty cheap huh?
mace

Master Goeweins
08-21-2002, 11:18 PM
Well, it's nice to see everyone slowly returning to this thread. I am going to throw in my favorites:
- Bottle Rocket
- Being John Malkovich
- Return To Me
- Indiana Jones Trilogy
- All the Star Wars Movies
- Chasing Amy & Mallrats
- Shanghai Noon
- The City of Lost Children
- Princess Bride
... and the list could go on, but I will politely end it here for now.

Nexu
08-21-2002, 11:28 PM
Resident Evil

SW

Kung Pow

Rollerball :o ;)

bigbarada
08-22-2002, 12:01 PM
Yes, I am very thankful that the bankruptcy went through. I think my debts totalled up to $18,000 by the end of it all. My car loan was especially frustrating, the car was $14,000 on the lot, after one year of making monthly payments I owed $17,500. After four years, I still owed $9,000. I added up all my monthly payments that I had made in those four years ($335 per month X 46 - I missed two payments) and I had already paid $15,410 on a $14,000 car, and I still owed $9K! So no guilty conscience here about welching on debts, they got their money from me. It was the same with my credit cards: I owed $450 on a $200 limit Target card, $2500 on a $1500 limit Circuit City card, $3800 on a $2000 Gateway loan on a computer only worth about $300 today and so on (all this after making monthly payments for 3-5 years on each one). So my advice to everyone here is to stay away from credit as much as possible. Never get an in-store (Target, Circuit City, Sears) credit card, don't get duped into paying thousands of extra dollars for a new car, when a pre-owned or program car is just as good; and any interest rate over 7% is too high for any car (mine was 14%). Any credit card with an interest rate over 20% is straight up highway robbery (Circuit City and Target each had 29% rates). Never get a loan for a computer, since by the time you pay it off, the computer will be outdated and the value only a fraction of what you just got finished paying.

And my number one bit of advice on credit: You don't need it at all, no matter what you hear on the news or commercials. There is nothing in life that you need that God won't provide for you if you just trust in Him.

JetsAndHeels
08-22-2002, 01:02 PM
Amen to that. The only reason I have a credit card now is in case of an emergency. And I don't mean if I am out of cash and Target has a new Star Wars shipment in...I mean if I am stranded on the road somewhere or I need to get gas for the car, or something like that.
I do think my hard time with my credit has enabled me to realize how important it is to manage your money and your spending habits. I can see why I had that dillemma now, because it has made me more mature in my financial sense.

Master Goeweins
08-22-2002, 02:32 PM
This is an ongoing problem with many people. You would think that there would be government involvement (education programs, advertisements, any kind of help) to protect people. I know that they cannot stop these business ventures, but you'd think they would support some kind of help programs. I knew a girl that went $20,000 into debt straight out of High School, and stopped going to College to work instead. I know it was her fault, but she was never properly educated on the true means behind credit and loans.

JesusFreak
08-22-2002, 03:06 PM
I know this is a dumb question, but what exactly is bankrupcy?

bigbarada
08-23-2002, 12:58 AM
Bankruptcy is essentially when the amount of money your are paying out monthly in bills exceeds the amount of money you make per month.

When I was listening to the other bankruptcy hearings, the judge denied one couples claim since, according to her calculations (based on the budget the couple provided) they still had $400 extra money per month. Thus since they actually made more per month than they spent, they couldn't declare bankruptcy.

I was paying out roughly $1000 per month and I had $0 income, the textbook bankruptcy. I had no property valuable enough for the court to seize (the court will take your high dollar items to make up for the debts you can't pay) so I got to keep all of my stuff. What was left of it anyway, my Car was already repossesed and I had to sell off my entire vintage SW collection to afford a lawyer.

It also pretty much kills your credit rating for 7 years.

Does that clear things up a little?

2-1B
08-23-2002, 01:20 AM
Hi guys, was that JAngo96 posting about debt or was it me? :crazed: I ask because I went through the EXACT SAME THING. It's all better now though, but those school loans will hang over my head for quite some time. :p

Hey B, I'm sorry to learn of your financial troubles, might I suggest a visit to www.daveramsey.com ? If you're unfamiliar with him, he's a talk radio financial program host - and I think he's pretty cool. :cool: He's syndicated here at 3am, and I listen often enough. You'll appreciate his background, he bases his finacial advice on a biblical background.
Check it out, some good advice there! :)

Darth Vellner
08-23-2002, 01:28 AM
Wow!, I had no Idea there were Christians at this site.
I to am a Christian (all my life)..and I love Star Wars and The Beatles and The Simpsons and Pink Floyd and.....Oh yea....and my Wife...Ha Ha Ha!!

I'm 25 and Married (4 years in Oct.)
I've been looking at this site since late 98' and started to be active this year!
I have 2 doggies MAX(boy) and EDISON(girl)*
*named after a Beatles song - Maxwell's Silver Hammer
**Line in song-"MAXwell EDISON majoring in medicine calls her on the phone..........
I've been collecting SW since late 96' early 97'
HELLO EVERYBODY! (spoken like Dr.Nick on the Simpsons)

bigbarada
08-23-2002, 01:41 AM
Thanks Caesar! I'll have to check that out.:cool: I also agree with Master Goeweins, there really needs to be some kind of education program for high school students. It's ridiculously easy to get a credit card (I've recieved at least one "pre-approved" credit card application every week for the past few years) and kids are getting out on their own and almost immediately become enslaved to banks and credit card companies. Unfortunately it might get worse soon, since President Bush is considering a plan that would protect the credit card companies and make it harder for the individual to declare bankruptcy.:stupid:

BTW, I forgot to add, JF, that there are two kinds of bankruptcy. Chapter 7: what I had, which means a total dismissal of all debts (except IRS - which I still have to pay) and possible seizing of property.
Chapter 13: basically like a debt consolidation, where the court gets involved and works with the creditors to devise a payment plan that the person can handle. Most of the time it includes the dismissal of fees and penalties, that might have accrued from late payments or overlimit accounts and/or reduction or removal of interest rates.

bigbarada
08-23-2002, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by Darth Vellner
Wow!, I had no Idea there were Christians at this site.
I to am a Christian (all my life)..and I love Star Wars and The Beatles and The Simpsons and Pink Floyd and.....Oh yea....and my Wife...Ha Ha Ha!!

I'm 25 and Married (4 years in Oct.)
I've been looking at this site since late 98' and started to be active this year!
I have 2 doggies MAX(boy) and EDISON(girl)*
*named after a Beatles song - Maxwell's Silver Hammer
**Line in song-"MAXwell EDISON majoring in medicine calls her on the phone..........
I've been collecting SW since late 96' early 97'
HELLO EVERYBODY! (spoken like Dr.Nick on the Simpsons)

Whoops! You posted as I was typing out my last response.

Anyways, welcome and don't be a stranger. We are always happy to have some new members here. So make yourself at home.:cool:

(did you post pics of your dogs in the General Discussions dog thread?)

JesusFreak
08-23-2002, 01:46 AM
Ok I get it now. Bankrupcy really is a good thing (if needed), glad yours worked out :).

Welcome Darth Vellner, yeah I didnt know there were other christians on this site either till I posted this one topic and was overwhelmed by how many christians on here there were.

Oh and does anyone know where, well, basically everyone has been? SBD88, browndroid, Dryanta, MaceWindex, etc?

Edit: 100 posts yay!! :D

bigbarada
08-23-2002, 01:58 AM
I've seen SBD88 and MaceWindex around, but they haven't posted in here in a while. I think Dryanta has some personal stuff going on that keeps him really busy. I'm thinking about calling him this weekend to see what's up. I don't know about Browndroid though. I remember him saying that he was going on a trip of some kind, but that was a couple of months ago.

Yes, bankruptcies are good if you need them. They just destroy your credit rating, which matters little to me right now. (In case you didn't know, your credit rating is what creditors use to determine if you are the type of person they want to loan money to. If you have a lot of previous credit and handle it well, your rating is good and you get all kinds of bonuses, like increased balances and reduced interest rates. If you have problems paying your bills, don't pay your bills or declare bankruptcy, then the creditors tend to not want to loan money to you and if they do it, is usually small amounts of money with very high interest rates.)

Herby
08-23-2002, 08:08 AM
Yeah, bankruptcies are nasty to your credit rating for quite awhile. The other option, which I am going through, is finding a _reputable_ credit counciling service, like CCCS. They can work deals out with your creditors to pay things off with little to no interest. My wife and I had a TON of credit card and medical debt from college and they put them together, saved us about 400 bucks a month, and our credit is improving quickly. In fact, my wife applyed for a cell phone and she showed up as grade "a" credit already. It's a good option for people who are working, but can't quite make ends meet. It also prevents them from taking your property and paying for a lawyer!

Master Goeweins
08-23-2002, 09:50 AM
Greetings Darth Vellner! This is a great place to find people who walk in the same faith and hold the same principles. I am glad to see you here.

Darth Vellner
08-23-2002, 07:50 PM
Thanks everyone! yes, this is great! Anyone live near -South Bend ,Indiana??- -Ill post some pics of my dogs soon!

JetsAndHeels
08-23-2002, 09:03 PM
Welcome, Darth Vellner. Glad to have you with us. I live in Raleigh, NC.
Don't be a stranger here. There are some great people in this group here that I have received a blessing from.

Nexu
08-24-2002, 01:14 PM
My uncle has been really really busy lately. I'll let him know that you may call him, Big B.

Well, I have a dilema.

Originally posted by JT:
You may have noticed that all the responses to this thread, both negative and not-negative, have been deleted. Why? Because this is the end of this sort of thread - we close and close and close these and they keep popping up, too often they instantly degenerate into a string of insults at a specific forum member's expense; leaving these threads intact after closing seems to be sending the wrong message, that it is somehow not as unacceptable or something -- so, off it all goes and closed this thread becomes.

DeadEye has not been permanently banned, he was suspended for a week for breaking what could be called "probation" from his last suspension. It was merely name-calling of others that would normally just get a warning, but once you've been suspended, SirSteve's system is less tolerant the next time around.

Of course, if DeadEye is suspended for a "warning" offense, then it would be unfair to not apply the same standards to 1/2 authors of the posts deleted from this thread who singled DeadEye out with negative comments? Since none of you have been suspended in the past, that would mean an official warning for those people - a "strike" if you will. Since this thread is about a specific user's forum fate, it might have been appropriate to name names on the "official warning" list...

but I don't like to do that, so for those of you who said what you said, think about what it feels like to be singled out in such a negative way before you go around giving others crap in the public forums - 4 names could have been in the space above just now and yours could have been one of them - nobody should be harassed and attacked in the forums for any reason. You offenders probably know who you are, if you want the forums admin to treat a situation with DeadEye or anybody else a certain way, then you MUST consider that those guidelines are just as applicable to you.

I was one of those people he was talking about. I am thinking about creating a new thread quoteing that post and replying to it, showing how he's wrong. I'm sure I would get suspended for it. But I think it needs to be done. Any thoughts? If I'm gone for a while, you'll know what happened. ;)

Dryanta
08-24-2002, 09:27 PM
Hello to all.I am alive and well just been contiually swamped.Rebuilding a motor,Painting my house,building another deck,running around with my father,ect.ect.
I am truelly well and thanks for the concern.
I too filed chapter seven in 1994.No choice.And believe it or not your credit really only gets hit for about two years.My advice is to never get involved in it again.God tells us Usery(interest) is a form of bondage.And low behold He was right again!!!How does he do it!!;)
Thanks for the input about Dave Ramsey.He got alot on the ball on these matters.
Your Father and mine will see to your needs BB.You'll be where he would have you if you continue to seek His will.
Welcome DV and please stick around.
Hey JF,MG and jesusfreak,Herby,and Dingo Dad!!! I have missed you all.
No new finds.I did see theWalmart cantina sets today.I cant get any where near a Target for the acc. packs.Any Help?
No Ta Ani,Tuscan with Massif,or dlx 3PO and Yoda either.
On my last question posed to you all.Thank You all for your input.I have come to the decision that I will (and Have ) return to the mentioned Church.If there is truelly a problem there it needs to be fixed.I feel I have to Brotherly responsibility to those there and those that might come there.It's God's House and I feel I need to do my part to make sure it lives up to the title.At this poinbt my part is just showing up and being willing to be used.
I have also joined a National Motorcycle ministry and am really looking forward to getting out on "the highways and Byways"
Pray that the Lord God would use me for his glory and the advancement of His kingdom.In any way He see's fit.
Favorite Movies.
Staw Wars all duh!
Dracula:Dead and Loving it.
And the First Smokey and the Bandit.
I also have a small collection of Godzilla films.They are fun,and pure entertainment.
Well all I will try to be around more,and I will not doubt run out of prodjects or weather soon enough.Be winter again in these parts soon,then I'll have time.
If anything comes up just yell.Someone will reach me no doubt.
I have missed you all and will continue to until I can be more regular.Soon Brothers, time will be over and we'll have forever to hang out.:)
Keep posting and Encourageing one another.
You are all in my prayers

JesusFreak
08-24-2002, 10:35 PM
Hey, it's good to see you back, dude :). I'm glad things are going good with you, and I'll be praying that God will use you in the advancement of His work at your church :)

JetsAndHeels
08-25-2002, 02:13 PM
Hi Dryanta. Good to hear from you again. Sounds like you are really keeping busy.
I have been on the lookout for those accessory sets at Target for you, but none have yet to show up. I will keep you posted.
I will remember you in my prayers, as I have been praying for you.
God Bless.

Herby
08-25-2002, 03:14 PM
Target in Portland hasn't had the sets to my knowledge either. They do have a space for them though. My range is about to greatly increase since I start work in Portland next week so I'll be able to hit Target and TRU every week and will have a bigger paycheck so I can grab extras! Woo hoo! Haven't seen the cantina sets in Auburn yet, but I figure it won't be too long. Saw the Falcon Playskool set at KB in Maine Mall, but just couldn't afford to pick the thing up (just blew my money prepaying for Mario Sunshine!)

Nexu
08-25-2002, 04:08 PM
Target had the accessory sets. I saw the Endor, and Hoth, but I don't need either of them.

What is everyone's updated wants list?
Mine:
Deluxe 3P0
Deluxe Yoda
Deluxe Mace (I have one hidden)
Deluxe Clone Trooper
TA Anakin
Tusken with Massif
Red Clone Trooper
Kit Fisto
Luminara
Arena Accessory set

Stuff we have around here:
Most basic figures, everything up to the Besbin Wave
Deluxe Jango, Mace, Dooku, Anakin, Obi-Wan
Nexu's
Cantina Bar Sets (all 3)
12" Jango

{Not like it matters, I have no cash. :( I can hide stuff though, and grab it when I can afford it, if needed}

bigbarada
08-25-2002, 10:57 PM
Glad to hear from you again, Dryanta. I was planning on calling you (no, really) but I keep forgetting about those darned time zones. You're about two hours ahead of me IIRC, and try not to call anyone after 9 PM their time. Besides today I got wrapped up in playing Zelda: Majora's Mask and lost track of time.:stupid:

I don't expect that I will ever try to get anything on credit again. I've learned my lesson on that. If I can't save up and buy it with cash then I don't need it.

I wish winter would hurry up and hit down here, it seems that summer is trying to hold on for dear life and it's just getting hotter and hotter.:frus: What I wouldn't give for a snowstorm and some nice sub-zero weather.:)

I think I posted my updated want list earlier, but what the heck?:D

Ephant Mon
Clone Pilot
DX Clonetrooper
Clean Shaven Rebel Soldier

I've decided to hold off on the vehicles and 12" figures for the forseeable future since I just don't have anymore space.

Mace Windex
08-29-2002, 10:01 PM
Hello all!
Long time no see! Hope everyone is doing well. There has been NOTHING new Here FOREVER! We never even got the Ki Adi wave! I did find something cool today though.
I went to Walmart this morning and was browsing the now extra small SW section (about 1/3 of the original full isle) when I saw a Palpatine ERROR figure! What a hoot! This guy has chicken pox! Anyway, when I went to check out I was told that I couldn't buy the figure. It would not ring up! After much talk with several employees I was told that these were not supposed to be on the shelves and that there was a sell date on SW stuff. I laughed and said, yeah, the date was April 23rd! No matter what I said, including showing these people a DATED store receipt for several figures that would now not scan could pursuade them! They would not sell me this figure! I told them the had better fix their system or they will lose a lot of business. Well, the manager called me tonight and said it was indeed a computer error and I went back and bought Palpatine!
I bought him and put him up on e-bay because I am not an error collector.
Here's the auction.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1762949561

God Bless!

MAce

Jedi Drew
08-29-2002, 10:22 PM
Hey, everyone I haven't posted anything on this thread in a while. I was on vacation in Florida. Not much new the only new finds I found in Cleveland was the Landspeeder at TRU. Well, everyone be cool :cool: :cool: Peace out and HH :) :) :)

Mace Windex
08-29-2002, 10:56 PM
Drew!

We were supposed to get together! I am sorry I missed you! I haven't been online much in a while. Tooooo much going on!
MAce

bigbarada
08-29-2002, 11:21 PM
Not much new over here either. My brother says that he thinks he saw the clean-shaven Rebel Soldier the other day but isn't sure.

My sister-in-law is expected to go into labor this weekend and the Japanese couple is on their way to meet them and pick up their child. They are a very nice couple and I can tell that having a baby means more to them than anything, so please pray that the baby is born healthy and happy.:)

JesusFreak
08-30-2002, 11:18 AM
Is this the sister in law thats married to the brother that just got a job to do some sort of busts (forgot which kind)? Anyways, I'll keep that in my prayers :)

JetsAndHeels
08-30-2002, 11:27 AM
Hi everyone!!
Not much new in the stores here, besides the X-Wing (which I haven't gotten yet). It's been a dead time for collecting recently, without much being released.
I will pray for your sister-in-law and for the child, BigB. It's really great what they are doing.
I am heading down to Atlanta for a Star Wars show. My friend called me up the other night and invited me, so I couldn't resist. I hear Jeremy Bulloch, David Prowse, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker are supposed to be there. Should be alot of fun.
I won't be able to log on here again until late Sunday or Monday, so I just wanted to say hi again and I hope you all have a great weekend.

bigbarada
08-30-2002, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by JesusFreak
Is this the sister in law thats married to the brother that just got a job to do some sort of busts (forgot which kind)? Anyways, I'll keep that in my prayers :)

Welcome to the soap opera that is my life.:) Stargate SG-1 busts is the ones my brother was hired to do. Although the guy that hired him is really slow on sending the resource material.:frus:

Well, my brother said that she is dilated 2 centimeters. I don't know nuthin' bout birthin' no babies; but I assume that is significant somehow.

Have fun JF96, hope you get some cool autographs!:cool:

Herby
08-31-2002, 06:14 PM
Well, I just had to write in and brag...As of yesterday my job no longer involves calling people up and harassing them on the phone! Woohoo! Why is this so great? I quit my job that I went to college for (high school math teacher) last year realizing that I hated it. I went all summer looking for work, ending up calling people trying to get them to refinance their homes or replace their faulty cable boxes (if you had calls for either of these lately, it could have been me!). A real smack in the face and made me question my decision to quit teaching. Well, I got a job at an insurance company (on the phone helping people with their disability claims) that pays more than my old teaching position!

I start Tuesday! This means I have all weekend to gather Shines in Mario Sunshine then I start a new job!

bigbarada
08-31-2002, 07:50 PM
Is Mario Sunshine a cool game? I'm planning on picking up a GameCube in the near future (hopefully by Christmas-time) and am most looking forward to the new Zelda. Although I will need some games to tide me over until February.

Herby
08-31-2002, 10:10 PM
Mario is excellent. I picked up my Gamecube this summer (I also have a PS2). I would never pick it to be my only game system, simply because it lacks the variety of games my PS2 has, but it is the system I play the most. Pikmin is a great game, and Super Smash Bros Melee is a ton of fun. My next game will be Monkey Ball 2 (before Tony Hawk 4 and Tekken 4 hit the PS2). Mario is difficult, but not in a bad way. The graphics are bright and cartoony and it's just a ton of fun. The camera has gotten alot of bad press, but it's so easily adjusted, it becomes a nonissue after you play for more than a half hour.

Nexu
09-01-2002, 11:04 PM
It looks like a great game. I'm trying to convince my uncle to get it, (even rent it) but he doesn't feel the need. ;)
Have you played Burnout? Excellent racing game, with awesome wrecks.

Dryanta
09-03-2002, 09:49 PM
He's right I don't feel the need at all ;)
Hey all,anything new?
Glad to hear all went well for your sister in law.

Getting closer to Fall Jango.Still thinking of making the trip?

Hey Herby,It's good news that things are looking up for you.We'll have to get together when we each have more time.

Well no new finds at all.No where near as busy as I was was.Will have time every morning to spend keeping in touch with you all.Anything up?Anything at all? Everyone back from summer vacations?

bigbarada
09-04-2002, 02:20 AM
Hey, Dryanta, good to see you will be visiting more frequently.

It seems that some forums member (me) blew the doors off of the Cell Block section. Many people are pretty upset that they weren't invited. You all did read my previous message in here mentioning a secret section and PMing me if you wanted to know about it? That's how JF96 and Nexu got invited. Anyways, if you guys for some reason missed my message and feel insulted that I never invited you, then I apologize.:(

Hey, Dryanta, was it me that told you about the Cell Block? I think I remember mentioning it when we were talking about starting up this collectors club.

Anyways, no new finds in the toy section at all. I'm really worried that retailer support for this line will collapse pretty soon if the stuff doesn't start selling.:cry: As long as the line lasts long enough for Ephant Mon to be released.

On to more optimistic expectations, I would ask that everyone go visit my Skiff Guards thread in the Dear Hasbro section and show your support (if you want more skiff guards that is). It would be much appreciated.:) There is a link directly to the thread in my sig line.

My sister-in-law still hasn't given birth yet. The Japanese mother is here right now, but her translator was called back to Japan. So my brother and sister-in-law are stuck finding a way to take her shopping and just basically entertaining her when she can barely speak any English.

Anybody here just happen to speak Japanese and wouldn't mind acting as a translator? (I would put out a request in the GenDisc section but don't want to risk some bi-lingual joker turning all of my sister-in-law's questions into Japanese insults)

Oh yeah, I've cut down my want list to just Ephant Mon for now. Although I will be hard pressed not to just snatch him up off of Brian's Toys for $20 when he first shows up.:frus:

Dryanta
09-04-2002, 09:00 AM
Morning BB,
Yes it wasyou that mentioned the CB.And it was in the context of the forming of this club.
Sorry,I only know one or two words in Japanese.But with the excitment of a new baby I doubt she wants to talk about Godzilla.;)
I Already posted in the whole Cell Block thread.Seems that this place is coming apart at the seems.
I have been really worried about the line for a few monthes now.Nothing new becuase there is no room for it.Nothing from 4/23 is moving at all.At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if there were no toys from middle of next year to 2005.And Maybe that's what the hobby needs,a break.Absence makes the heart grow founder?:)
Be here at least once a day now so be forwarned;)

JesusFreak
09-04-2002, 10:47 AM
What's a cell block? This is the first time I've ever heard of one. Anyways over here theres just the 4/23 wave with a couple bespin figures every now and then, oh well, I dont have money to buy figures anyways. Has anyone seen the movie Big Fat Liar? I read a review of the dvd and it seems like a really good movie (full screen though), so if anyones seen it could you post your opinions?

bigbarada
09-04-2002, 02:50 PM
Check out the "Why is everyone so upset....?" thread (not the exact title but close).

Also, for those of you who haven't posted in the "What are your beliefs?" thread, a bit of advise, post with caution cuz that thread is a powder-keg waiting to explode. I just went in and posted a no nonsense, statement of my beliefs, Dryanta did the same. I feel that is the best way to handle this one.

As Christians, it is not our duty to convince people. We just proclaim Jesus and live by the doctrines of the Bible and the Holy Spirit does the convincing for us. The hardest lesson I ever had to learn was that not everyone will accept the truth of the Bible and Jesus. About 90% of the people you meet in everyday life are spiritually dead and Hellbound, and there is really nothing you can do about it. It's one of the most tragic things about being a Christian.

Over here the shelves are absolutely packed with figures, they even have them stacked on the top of the shelf and in other aisles. Worse yet, there are cases full of 4/23 figures that just sat on the pegs for months before the Toy Dept. manager pulled them hoping to have better luck with the newer waves. Even at $3.50 per figure, nothing is selling at all. It really is starting to look like this is the end of the line.:(

I will still keep going with my Skiff Guards thread and holding out hope that Hasbro will finally listen to us. I like these Skiff Guard characters way too much to totally abandon all hope of them being made.

Dryanta
09-04-2002, 08:13 PM
Sir Steve closed the believe thread.That one was just waiting for the "right "person to show up.
I just came over from the upset thread.There have been a couple interesting comments in there this afternoon.Oh well.I've said my piece and that's that.I have no interest in being baited into a big,destructive, devisive arguement.
The hardest part of being a Christian and specifically the great comission for me is the exact same thing you bring up BB.The rejection is terrible.Not that I'm rejected,because it's nothing to do with me.It's the rejection of the truth and rejection that will be returned on that day.
How many people we know will we see that day?All of them.The day we meet members of these forums for the first time.And will all know who each other is.
I really don't like the topic of pre-destination,but at times like these I do draw comfort from the knowledge that we are looking for a very few not all.Not easy to wrap around but it does relieve alot of preasure.
Actually would anybody like to comment on pre-destination and free will? Might be a help.It is something that weighs on me at times.
I really do now even more than I did a few monthes ago,that the line is almost dead.Wouldn't be surprised if it's over by this time next year.We are down to two retailers now,and I think one of them is on it's way out as well.Walmart is the only one left.They are swimming in 4/23 stuff.I don't expect anything new here for monthes,if then.Retailers were burned on this one,ever worse than ep one.The last new stuff seen here was the bespin wave and they a clogging pegs.Dooku and Yoda are the only figures never seen.I don't expect to ever see the next wave of 12" and I really wonder if the republic gunship will even show up.I never saw an Ackley on a shelf.Not one.I don't expect to see Dlx 3PO,Yoda,or any of the others either.The first four, Ani and Nexu are jammed up everywhere.Not looking good around here at all.

Mace Windex
09-05-2002, 01:08 AM
Guys,

Can any of you fill me in on this cell block thing and the other messages you are talking about?
Don't like to be left out.
Thanks!

Dave
P.S. Finally saw the Cantina figures! I thought they would be $4.77. Obviously, I was wrong. Won't be buying these!

JesusFreak
09-05-2002, 10:30 AM
If you go to the "Why is everyone sad?" thread you'll know all about it. It's basically just a secret forum.

bigbarada
09-05-2002, 08:20 PM
To comment on Dryanta's question about predestination, in Ephesians chapter 1, verses 3-6 the Bible says:

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as he chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved.

So yes, we were chosen by God before the world was created, each of us individually. Now right off the bat this might seem terribly unfair, because what about all the other people who He did not choose? What if they want to get to know God, but haven't been chosen? What then?

Well, first off, it is not our place to judge God's ways and proclaim Him fair or unfair. Secondly, if someone who is lost in sin truly wants to learn about God and Jesus and salvation, then that person has been chosen. Simple as that. Not all who are chosen find their way to God, though.

The lost and the dying have no interest in God and thus God leaves them alone in their lusts, passions and pride. When bad things happen, those very same people cry out, "Where was God, why didn't He stop this?" Those people chose an existence free of guilt and God's laws, that also means that God lifted the veil of his protection of them. They tell God that they want to be left alone and God leaves them alone, in ALL matters.

Dryanta
09-05-2002, 08:49 PM
Thanks for that and hello old friend.
The sheer scope of the topic is just impossible to wrap our minds around.Someday we'll get it ,until then while I can't explain it it is true and completely just and fair.His ways are not our ways.That kind of fair and just is way beyond us at this point.
And you're right,God is under no obligation to anybody not under the covering of the sacrifice of Christ.The hue and cry to God in times of trouble are a very sad thing to me.God,Gods,but all man made.Or a least a watered down "cosmic Santa Claus" that just accepts everything that everyone choses to do.Then it hits the fan and they get angry and cry out to a idol of their creation.Looking for a "dumb" idol to make it all make sense.Sad.The living God Has done all that really needs be done for us."My grace is sufficient"remember that I sure try to.:)
Well that was an interesting tirade;)
Things sure have changed around here.Doesn't seem like the same place at all.It's been very strange for me as of late.It seems that everything is speeding up to some kind of resolution.Friends ,family,the world in general and here.Really strange the things I'm seeing now,at high speed.
I swear people everywhere are more self centered and calous than ever before.Every where I go.Stores,Traffic,rallies I've been to.
Something major is afoot guys.The lines are being drawn more and more defined by the minute.You all know what I'm talking about don't you? Pick sides now and get comfortable while you can,because it's gonna get damned hard right off.The push is well on it's way.I still live a somewhat closed life and I can almost smell it.Culmination?Is that the right word?We'll all meet soon.that I'm sure of.

bigbarada
09-05-2002, 10:41 PM
I found this passage in 2nd Timothy, chapter 3, verses 1-9. I'll bet that you can place a face and/or a name to many of these traits:

But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men wil be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away! For of this sort are those who creep into households and make captives of gullible women loaded down with sins, led away by various lusts, always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. Now as Jannes and Jambres resisted Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, disapproved concerning the faith; but they will progress no further, for their folly will be manifest to all, as theirs also was.

I can't watch the evening news without thinking that the last days are upon us right now.

I'm not sure if any of you also notice it, but this site might not remain friendly to our club here if things keep going as they are. All it would take is one or two complaints from militant athiests and I fear that this thread will be shut down. We should prepare an alternate way to meet if that should happen.

Master Goeweins
09-06-2002, 12:13 AM
I can't imagine that this thread could be closed. We are off of a smaller Forum section, not in the General Discussions. And we don't come in here to speak badly of anyone, just to be around each other. There is nothing to complain about us....... I think....

Well, it could be end times, it could be just very bad times, but either way we can find joy in the Lord. We have the privelige to rise above the hostility with the Spirit of God, and that is a wondrous gift indeed.

I heard something a couple of days ago. In my opinion, Target has been doing pretty good at putting new things out. They didn't give in to the opening night hype and only gave SW a small section of their aisle. This sounds bad, but it has managed to keep them low on 3 3/4" figs. Meaning, they replace them more often with new cases. Excellent! Well, I was talking to an employee about their recent lack of stock. They have left the figs a little empty, something Walmart couldn't do if they wanted to. He told me that the stores were told to not restock for a small amount of time. Creating more desire for when they put toys out in another month with all the Christmas merchandise. Smart....

Anyways, heres hoping to stockings stuffed with Star Wars and trees trimmed with toys!!!

JesusFreak
09-06-2002, 01:14 AM
I don't know, I don't think it is the end of times, yet. But we all have opinions. Not even Jesus Himself knows when the rapture will occur, just the Father. If this thread does get shut down we can still talk through e-mail, or make our own message board. I think it's fine for now though. I'll be praying for you all.

Nexu
09-06-2002, 07:32 AM
I have been offered space on one of my friend's webserver for forum. I haven't taken him up on the offer, because I don't feel the need. If needed though, I can set up my own forums, free of cost. There's a forum coding available, that's awesome, and it's free. Highly customizible, the whole bit. The thing is, it wouldn't just be ours. There would have to be an RF section, and a SoF section too, but I'm sure that my RF buddies (;)) would stay out, or post normally.

JesusFreak
09-06-2002, 12:44 PM
That's cool, I was just thinking something simple like an ezboard. BTW what do RF and SoF stand for?

Nexu
09-06-2002, 01:24 PM
ezboard is terrible. Never use it. ;)
Red Faction, and Soldier of Fortune, the tow games that I play online.

bigbarada
09-06-2002, 02:12 PM
Jargo has a forums on ezboard and while it is fine for posting on once every couple of days or so. I wouldn't want to spend more than a few minutes a day on that, the pop-ups are terrible and intrusive. Sometimes they will position themselves right under your mouse pointer in an attempt to trick you into clicking on them.:mad:

Hey, JF, where did you hear that Jesus Himself doesn't know the time of the rapture, because I'm pretty sure that's not true. If it's a scripture I have missed (and believe me there are plenty) then feel free to post it here. We could all use the education.:) I was always under the impression that since God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit were one being that what One knew the Others knew also.

JesusFreak
09-06-2002, 03:22 PM
Mark 13:32 - "Noone knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

bigbarada
09-06-2002, 03:48 PM
Thanks, JF, I see it now.:cool: Very interesting.

BTW, if any of you ever get a chance to read Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis, I highly recommend it. He comes up with many simple yet effective responses to the athiests' "proof" that God doesn't exist.

Dryanta
09-06-2002, 08:20 PM
Hey guys,
Thanks for posting that JF.
I have heard and had a couple discussions on this topic.Here's my take just in case anyone's interested.At the time Jesus spoke those words they were true.Remember Jesus "emptied Himself"
I am confident that once he went to the Father the resurection Sunday He was again all knowing.So while it's true no man knows the hour or He in all three persons are aware.
"but You will know when it is near,Even at the door".
While we don't know and could never set a date.Anyone who does is a heretic.The entire Bible is full of very specific signs that are very plain,not at all criptic or coded,He gave us the set up.
We're not quite there yet but very soon.IMHO ;)
It's interesting to consider that the old testament has more prophecies of the second coming than it does of the first.Also if you read the book of Daniel and watch the dates given the date that Jesus,the messiah,would enter Jerusalem.Palm Sunday.Easily proven.the Jewish calendar Scholors did that along time ago.Prophecy is and has been a pretty big interest of mine for a long time.I guess I'll be one of the ones that gets the watching crown.Probably the only one I'll have to throw at His feet.But I do look for Him and the signs of His coming.It's the greatest time to be alive in History.

Herby
09-06-2002, 11:07 PM
I also have a bit of server space we could use. I'm not sure how much traffic I'm allowed, but I'm sure a small message board for us wouldn't be too much. It's a tripod site, but we pay a monthly fee for more bandwidth and no advertisements...I'd be glad to find a suitable message board to run if they is interest at all. BTW, has anyone found anything lately? I still don't have the Mundi/Tempto wave and beyond. Also, anyone that found the Acklay...where was it? I just want to know where to bother looking!

bigbarada
09-06-2002, 11:36 PM
I found a few Acklays at Wal-Mart, they got like six of them in and I haven't seen any since. Nothing else really new, I'll go to Wal-Mart this weekend and check it out, but I'll just be window shopping since any money I have is already earmarked for school supplies.:frus:

I've heard many Bible teachers and pastors give their theories on the end times. Most have theories about when it will be, but they make sure to stress that what they are saying is their opinion based on their own studies in the Bible, and not to be taken as prophecy. I have a feeling it is close, maybe even within the next 50-100 years.

Nexu
09-06-2002, 11:37 PM
I saw one at Walmart, and I haven't even suspected any were anywhere since.

Mace Windex
09-07-2002, 02:59 PM
I finally saw another shipment of Acklays at Walmart. If anyone is serious and wants one I can get it for you.

Mace

dingodad
09-08-2002, 01:07 PM
I think every generation expects that they will be the last or within 3 generations(grandparant's distance) from the last. I hope that makes sense. As far as the SSG forums go, this is the only one that i feel very comfortable in. In the others, seems that people are looking for something to correct someone on or whine about something.
There isnt much new here in Texas. I did see the 12" electronic figs and new 12" standard figs at K-mart yesterday. I also saw the jedi star fighter with ob1 at KB. I have been looking for GI joes most recently because the SW stuff just isnt very interesting anymore. That's hard to admit after collecting this stuff for twenty years.

bigbarada
09-08-2002, 03:19 PM
Not much new at Wal-Mart except for the new 12" (Dooku, SBD and that hideous Zam) and some of the Unleashed figures. No new 3 3/4" or Deluxe (unless you count the Cantina sets as deluxe).

They consolidated all of their SW shelves into one, now with all the Saga figures and the POTJ pegwarmers, the section looks like it is literally ready to explode. Even with the $3.50 per figure sale nothing is selling at all.:( I remember the pegwarmer situation was bad during the Ep1 days, but I don't remember it being this bad. At least back then there were some figures selling every once in a while and a few empty areas. This is just one giant cluster and it makes me afraid to go browsing through any of it or it might just topple over like a house of cards.

Nexu
09-08-2002, 03:38 PM
What POJ figures do they have?

bigbarada
09-08-2002, 10:44 PM
Just the Duro, Bespin Guard, Ketwol and a ton of Luke Bactas.

Mace Windex
09-08-2002, 11:40 PM
Is there a sale at Walmart? Not at mine. I'm looking for that Dooku 12 inch. So you folks saw it at Walmart and K? What states are you in?

MAce

Darth Vellner
09-08-2002, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Mace Windex
Is there a sale at Walmart? Not at mine. I'm looking for that Dooku 12 inch. So you folks saw it at Walmart and K? What states are you in?

MAce

I found one! (Dooku-12") $19.98 at Meijers. I live in Indiana..
and there is a sale at one of my three local Wal-Marts..

bigbarada
09-09-2002, 11:05 AM
I live in southern New Mexico, just a couple of hours drive from the Mexico border. We got them at the Wal-Mart here, however I fear that by the time you mailed me the money to pick one up they would be gone. I haven't even been able to afford getting one for myself yet.:frus:

Mace Windex
09-10-2002, 01:31 AM
Thanks for the details. This means that they should be here within the next month or so.
I just found the new 3po and battle droid set at Target. What a fantastic set!!

MAce

SuperBattleDroid88
09-10-2002, 10:36 PM
WHAZZZZZZZZUPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

bigbarada
09-14-2002, 12:55 PM
What's going on SBD88, haven't seen you around in a while. How are things?

Well, my sister-in-law, Deeane, had the baby yesterday morning, a 5 pound, 15 ounce girl. The name the Japanese mother picked for her translates as "thousands of blooming flowers" although I don't remember what it was exactly. Everyone in the hospital is just totally amazed at what Deeane did, it was one of the most generous and heroic things we have ever seen. I just ask for all of your prayers in the coming weeks. The Japanese family is leaving at the end of next week and I know that giving up the baby will be very difficult for Deeane. I just pray that she will be able to handle it once the baby is gone.

JesusFreak
09-14-2002, 02:17 PM
I'll be praying, Nate.

Herby
09-14-2002, 10:14 PM
Wow...that totally confused me for a moment. I was all "why would JesusFreak be praying for me...what did I post?" So I went back like 3-4 pages trying to find out only to think "you self-absorbed moron, other people can be named Nate too". Pretty funny stuff!

Disappointing weekend in the land of SW toys. I went to the big city this weekend (Portland, Me) and found absolutely nothing. I checked every store that carries them (except for a comic shop that is always too much $$) and came out empty handed. I did pick up Airblade for the PS2 for 7.99 and Wipeout Fusion (also PS2) for 24.99. Hopefully, they will save my Gamecube and that little plumber Mario from being hurled across the room in frustration (pretty darn tough game!)

Nexu
09-14-2002, 10:27 PM
Yep, it's looking bleak. :(

JesusFreak
09-14-2002, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Herby
Wow...that totally confused me for a moment. I was all "why would JesusFreak be praying for me...what did I post?" So I went back like 3-4 pages trying to find out only to think "you self-absorbed moron, other people can be named Nate too". Pretty funny stuff!

Don't worry, I'll be praying for you too, I know I could always use some prayer.

bigbarada
09-18-2002, 03:15 AM
I picked up the Gunship yesterday, anyone else find this thing? It's a great toy and I now need a couple of Clone Pilots and the Deluxe Clone.:)

Nexu
09-18-2002, 08:07 AM
I wish we had it here. :( Is it as good as they say it is?

bigbarada
09-18-2002, 02:08 PM
It's easily one of the greatest Star Wars toys ever, just enough features to be cool, but not so many that it detracts from the look of the vehicle.

They only had one at my Wal-Mart and I grabbed it without even thinking. I believe that these are being shipped in cases of two, even though the box is kind of small looking when you compare it to the assembled toy.

It's not looking too good for getting new figures, though, since the shelves are still clogged with Pilot Obi-Wans, Endor Hans and most of the earlier figures. (although somebody did buy up every single Bespin Chewie) If things don't improve soon, I might have to resort to ordering a couple of pilots online.

Here's a picture of my Gunship, it's a little fuzzy, but I blame that on my camera:) I'll post a different one in Tycho's thread in the Saga section.

Nexu
09-18-2002, 10:13 PM
Yeah, I can't wait for it. :) They are being shipped in cases of two, BTW.

JetsAndHeels
09-23-2002, 06:09 PM
Hi everyone. Hope you all are doing well.
It's been a while since I have posted. I have been very busy. My job is very demanding. Lately I have been working long hours so it is difficult to get online when I would like.
Anyways, I probably won't be online anymore. I just wanted to say goodbye to you all here. I have enjoyed getting to know you all.
I will try to log on some and say hello when I have the chance.
God Bless.

bigbarada
09-23-2002, 06:48 PM
I'm really sorry to hear that JF96. But I know how it is, I am getting ready to call it quits on this site soon also. Things here just aren't the same anymore. I still have your address, how about PMing us all your e-mail whenever you get the chance so we can keep in touch?

Here's mine for everyone here to use whenever they need to:

hrothulf01@yahoo.com

Like I said, I am considering logging off permanently soon too so this also might be one of my last posts.

God bless you all.

Dryanta
09-23-2002, 07:38 PM
Hey Guys,
Well it saddens me but I can understand where you are right now JF.Go with God and we'll meet someday in a perfect place.
BB,I'm glad was given a minute to see your post.I have to say I have lost interest in the rest of the forums,and haven't the time for coming here very often.I am worried about everyone leaving it.I had hoped it would be a shelter in the storm not only for us but for others here as well.But,as I said before,I can't can't even manage to get over here often.It appears I'm not alone in that.
I'll be around as I can,and I hope you all will do the same.
No new finds.I did see the 12" Dooku but am flat broke,lol.I'm hoping to get caught up soon .Next years line up looks good so far.Availability is still a major concern for me.
All else is well here.I am drwing closer to the Lord again and can see progress being made in the rest of of my life.Thankls to you all for your prayers.I'll make a real effort to stop in everyday.

Master Goeweins
09-23-2002, 10:52 PM
Glad to hear that things are going well for you Dryanta.
It saddens me to hear that some of the most consistent members might be leaving. Your posts have always been a joy to come across and will be missed.

Nexu
09-23-2002, 10:57 PM
My email is ugly_sob@hotmail.com and if you ever get on AIM, my SN is anuglysob :)

JesusFreak
09-23-2002, 11:26 PM
I know this place has been a comfort to me and I'll be here as long as theres someone else. I'll be praying for you JF, that God will give you strength to endure. I'll be praying for you all, whether you're here or not.

Dryanta
09-24-2002, 03:28 PM
Here's my post for today!!!
Thanks Jesus freak.I'll be here as long as you are.Think about sticking around guys.I think together we can jump start this thing again.
Couple of top secret finds last night!!And on another good note,the Walmart I was at last night is almost cleaned out of 4/23 stock.Shelves need stocking!!the $3.50 sale seemed to do the trick.

JetsAndHeels
09-24-2002, 05:42 PM
Here is my email:
steve-o@rebelscum.net

It may change, but I will let you know if it does.
Later all,
Steve

Dryanta
09-25-2002, 09:09 AM
Morning Guys.
Nexu pryed the secret from me last night.I found republic gunships the other night.Two went on layaway(one for his birthday). There were two left way up on the very top shelf if you're interested(Herby) in Auburn Walmart.I also found the Scarlet/Zartan,Stalker/? two packs.
I am getting ready to start repainting the Snake eyes/stormshadow pack I've had for a while.
What do you all think of Mattle getting the DC comics lic.away from Hasbro?I think it's the best news I've heard in a long time!!
Maybe we'll get some decent Justice League figures now.DC direct is good,but are to silver age oriented right now.
Any input?Come on Steve,Something tells me you maybe a Supes fan.;)

JesusFreak
09-25-2002, 01:33 PM
Nexu, why would you spoil your b-day present? ;) Just kidding I know I would if I could, lol

bigbarada
09-25-2002, 02:45 PM
Like I said, I am considering logging off permanently soon too so this also might be one of my last posts.

Yeah, right.:rolleyes:

I can't stay away from this place for more than a few days. I was feeling a little frustrated after Jargo and I had a disagreement and he banned me from his personal message boards. It wasn't even a real argument, I just disagreed with something he said and stated how I felt, next thing you know, I'm banned from his site and on his ignore list over here.:confused:

I'm really going to have to stop being so confrontational here.

Anyways, glad you found the Gunship, Dryanta. I was wondering if you needed one. They are still sold out over here though, along with a large chunk of the action figures. I went through the aisle yesterday, cosolidating all the pegs with only 2 or 3 figures on them and I was able to clear out like 4 rows of pegs. Easily enough space for a couple more cases.:)

So what do you guys think of Anakin's speeder bike? The speeder looks great, Anakin looks like crap. I also really like that Death Star Trash Compactor set. I was a little wary of it at first, but now that I've seen pictures I think it is awesome.

Nexu
09-25-2002, 03:19 PM
Yeah, I really do need to apolijize about that. :(
Hey Nate, is Jar Jar by any chance registered at Jargo's forums? Can you link me to em?

bigbarada
09-25-2002, 03:36 PM
Yep, Jar Jar is on them, along with Dar Argol, Caesar, Starfig and Mike Troxell. They are on ezboard and go by the name of THE NEW EMPIRE FORUMS. I deleted my shortcut to the site and I can't get on their anymore since Jargo banned me :rolleyes: but that should point you in the right direction.;)

Nexu
09-25-2002, 06:42 PM
Yeah, I am not going to go there until later. Jar Jar lied to me, because he had no knowledge of any other member's forums. :rolleyes: I'm going to definatley going to check it out later though. :)

Dryanta
09-26-2002, 10:32 AM
Morning all,
As far as other forums,I'm content staying here where I know I'm among friends.To many places I could go in person and get into to fights.If you know what I mean ;)
I haven't really seen the Ani speeder yet.Hope it's good.
I thinks I'm going to get some more of the GI joe two packs.With a repaint here and there they might be worth having around.What has been released now?Has the there been anything since Ki Adi and Teemto?

bigbarada
09-26-2002, 11:51 AM
Supposedly the Clone Pilot and Pilot Jango should be out by now. Along with Pilot Padme and TA Anakin. I don't know what is up with Ephant Mon, we should have started to hear some sightings by now.

Have you heard about the Han and Chewie in Hoth gear that are coming out next year? Plus we are getting that new Chewie, Luke and Han in Stormtrooper gear and Leia as they all appeared in the Trash Compactor. Looks like next year will be a great year after all.:)

I'll post that pic of Anakin's Speeder Bike in here later, the Anakin figure looks terrible though, just so you are warned.

bigbarada
09-26-2002, 11:54 AM
Here is Anakin's Speeder Bike:

bigbarada
09-26-2002, 11:57 AM
Here are the Trash Compactor sets. They look to be pre-posed statues, like the 25th Anniversary sets; but I think they are still going to be awesome.:)

JesusFreak
09-26-2002, 02:40 PM
Oh my gosh that Anakin figure looks like absolute crap! It looks like someone ran over his face with a truck. Speeder looks cool though ;)

Dryanta
09-26-2002, 04:30 PM
What is it about Hayden's face that eludes Hasbro?Their sculpts for him seem to just be getting worse.But the Bike looks pretty good.I'll buy it I'm sure.
I'm really thinking about joining Kebco's one of every figure club.
The hunt has been so fruitless for so long I've really lost interest.Still want the figures without all the pointless searching.
ANy of you others thought about it?Glad you're around BB.Wouldn't be the same with out you.:)Still may have an art work prodject for you later this fall.
How's your brother doing?been busy with the stargate busts?
How is your sister inlaw dealing with the departure of the baby?Must be a very hard thing.Can't imagine it actually.
And also how is your Dad doing?
Where is everyone? I know I was among the missing for a long while.

Dryanta
09-27-2002, 08:49 AM
Morning guys,
Nothing new here.My wife is headed for New Jersey tomorrow and will be making checks down there.I might even get a while to get on my scoot and make some serious rounds this weekend.
I think I'll be going with my father today to go pick up his new bike so I don't know If I'll be back on today.If not have a blessed day and live it for Him.
One last thing,Please pray for Ari's shoulder.He's a user here and is having some problems with it.Making work a little hard on him.
Number three kid turned five today!!! I publically give thanks to God for her and the five years she's been with us.
Thanks guys.

JetsAndHeels
09-27-2002, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Dryanta
Come on Steve,Something tells me you maybe a Supes fan.;)
Whatever gave you that idea? (lol)
As I began thumbing through the newest edition of Toyfare magazine, I saw an ad for DC Direct's newest line of Superman figures. I must say these look mighty good. In fact they are the best I have seen in a while. The only problem is they don't actually hit retail until March. The 3 figures are Superman, Bizarro, and Braniac 13. They all look very good and have great detail.
As far as the Justice League figures, they are supposed to be available later this fall. I think Mattel is making them, since they received the license to them earlier this year. I have yet to see any pics of them yet, but I am eagerly awaiting them.
On a side note, the new Smallville figures from DC Direct are supposed to show up sometime in October. I am not unhappy with these, but I feel a little more work could have gone into them. So far we have Clark, Lana, and Lex. I am unsure if they are doing a second wave or not. So there is my huge post about Superman figs.
On a side note, I am going to continue to post here, but probably only in this forum and a couple others. With my schedule the way it is, I was afraid I would never get to post like I wanted, so that is why I told you all I wouldn't be around. However, if things are important you must make the time for them. That is what I am going to do. I couldn't ever leave you all. We are like a family in this one forum. We are like a separate society all to ourselves.
So my point in all of that was I am going to stay. If you post a question or comment to me, just give me a little time to log on and I will get to you. I appreciate all of you and your patience. You all mean alot to me here.

bigbarada
09-27-2002, 02:38 PM
Tell your daughter Happy Birthday from all of us, Dryanta.:)

Good to see that you will be trying to post here more regularly, JF96. This is quickly becoming the only section of these forums that I am in interested in being a part of.

Just want to let you all know that Tycho is planning on starting a Sith Collectors or Athiest's Collectors club. He PMed me about it, making sure to let me know that it wasn't meant to be anything personal against us, just that he thought it would be funny. While I don't always appreciate Tycho's sense of humor, I have begun to recognize it. I really believe that he doesn't want to cause any trouble, I just hope that people who join his club feel the same way.

Anyways, my dad is doing alright, but it seems that my mom's health is now getting bad. The doctor told my dad to start thinking about the possibility of brain surgery for her. Her seizures have gotten so bad that the doctors are running out of options. I think I am finally starting to understand why God wanted me out of the Army, He needs me to take care of my family.

My brother is having some trouble with the people who want him to make those Stargate busts, as they are not sending him any reference material, they expect him to dig it all up himself on the net. My sister-in-law seems to be doing okay since the Japanese family left. I'm still praying for her and I ask you guys to do the same.

Master Goeweins
09-27-2002, 03:27 PM
I can't imagine an atheist club lasting too long. There is really no unifying belief that could drive the members. As a joke, it will fade.

Anyways, it's really cool to see everybody posting away in here again. The Anakin swoop looks cool, but his face looks like something straight from Toyfare's Twisted Theatre.... constipated and angry. However, Dooku's speeder looks like the real gem coming. The trash compactor set looks great for display. Having versions of all the characters there as figures already, a one pose set is good by me.

Dryanta, happy birthday to your daughter and God's blessing on your family.
BigBarada, I pray for your sister-in-law for now and in the future... that is a really big blessing that she gave. I also wish your brother well in his job. I for one love Stargate SG-1 and can't wait to see some sneek peeks at these busts when he gets going.

To every regular God bless and I am very glad to be a member here with you. I joined a SW forum earlier this year before I really got swept into this one, yes I used to only get my news here for years! They had a similar thread called "In the Light." It welcomed all religions, but was intended for Christians. Surprisingly, the atheists that visisted were tame, and it was the Christians that were volatile. After only forty something pages, it was closed because it had gotten so nasty in there. No real friendships, just a lot of ugly, ignorant arguing over Christianity. I stopped posting there a long time ago, but I continued to watch it until it's demise. I think this Thread is great. All of you have made this place welcoming to all who come in here and I think that should be commended.

Nexu
09-27-2002, 07:25 PM
We had a converstaion a while back:

bigbarada
09-27-2002, 11:09 PM
Geez, Tycho sounds more than a little megalomaniacal in that PM. I think he overestimates his influence in his community, but who knows?

I get really annoyed when people automatically assume that since we are Christians we are simple-minded shut-ins who just take whatever we hear as the truth. I guess that's one of the only ways that the lost can justify their own actions and denial of God's Word.

I Corinthians, 1:18 says it best:

For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

Herby
09-28-2002, 12:08 PM
I don't think an atheist thread would last long either. The main reason that I come to this thread is not necessarily to discuss religion, it's because it is a place where all things can be discussed without some of the unneeded comments found in other places. I think religion is something we have in common, but not really the reason that this thread continues, it is a friendly place with other people with intelligence and morals, a rarity in the world of message boards.

On a side note, I just picked up the 3 cantina sets for 5 bucks each at Walmart in Auburn on clearance! I am so glad I waited!

Dryanta
09-28-2002, 07:11 PM
Thanks for that Herby.I may have to brave the cold on my bike tonight.lolDid you see the gunships there?
Atheist thread? No thanks,be very short lived.That's hardly having something in common.
I will be in prayer for your mom BB.Kinsmen redemers come in many forms sometimes.Kinda in the same boat myself on a few levels.
Hey JF,glad you're around.From DC fan to another,the Supes figures look really good to me.Did you see the new Super friends Figures?I'll be getting those.Great childhood memories there!!
I am A Batman fan,have been way before Star wars.I love the way Batman and supes are portryaed in JLA.great stuff.
Well got my Dad's bike here today,should be out terrorizing the neighbors tomorrow afternoon.lol
Well I recieved some good news Tuesday,in a strange way.I went to see a Head doctor having to do with some problems I've been having a really hard time with.The diagnosis answers alot of questions and is already making life with me a little easier for my wife.I'd still like to be rid of this problem as soon as possible but it's great to know there isn't anything physcally wrong with my brain itself.Some would beg to differ I'm sure.lol
Well 'til tomorrow guys have a great night and a even better morning.

bigbarada
09-28-2002, 10:52 PM
Hey all, how's it going?

Thanks for the heads up on the Cantina Packs, Herby. I knew I was holding off for a reason.:)

With the way things are starting to go with the Saga toys, I am almost tempted to start rebuilding my vintage collection again. Who knows though? Maybe I'll just pick up a few key figures.

Anybody heard or seen anything about the Clone Pilots? Shouldn't they have been out by now?

Nexu
09-28-2002, 11:16 PM
I don't kniw, but I need four. ;)

Great news, I now have web space, and forums. :) I need some more time to get everything set up, but it's all there, and accesible. My page is at www.aodmeagain.com/jasonb and my forums are at www.aodmeagain.com/jasonb/forums . Don't go there now, nothing's set up. I will have a Christian forum, and GD, and other stuff. I will make some of you mods, if you want. I will be getting a .tk domain, so you will just have to go to www.jasonb.tk to get there. :) Have fun. :)

Nexu
09-28-2002, 11:32 PM
domain should be up now....

JesusFreak
09-29-2002, 01:56 AM
I registered at your forums under this name :)

Nexu
09-29-2002, 01:57 AM
Thank you JF. :)

Alienb1212, Fightingwhitey, and zupfox are a couple of my friends. They are all Christians, so we should get along well. :cool:

bigbarada
09-29-2002, 02:29 AM
I registered there under my name here also, just to make things easy. I can't guarantee that I will be there everyday, but I will try to post often.:)

BTW, most of you might have noticed that Tycho has started his Sith Collectors Club. He wants everyone here to know that it is not meant to be insulting to any of us here. He clearly stated that he didn't want to create a club that would feel the need to 'declare war' on our Club here. So, I guess we will just have to see how things go.

bigbarada
09-29-2002, 11:19 PM
Well, I've decided that I want to go ahead and buy one of the POTF2 AT-ATs, but for some reason can't find any online for under $100. I'm also looking for the carded AT-AT Driver figure, but he is sold out at the online stores I checked. Does anyone know where I can get ahold of these? I don't have a credit card, so most online stores are out of the question.

Nexu
09-29-2002, 11:24 PM
Possibly bad news about the forums. He has his own forums set up too, and we are getting conflicts between them. User profiles, and the forum settings are getting crossed and mixed. So, he's considering two options:
1. Shutting down his forums, and leaving mine intact. I really don't want him do do this, but he was saying he was considering taking his down anyway.
2. Making a hidden Christian section on his forum. Seems fine to me, but I need your input on it.

JesusFreak
09-30-2002, 12:28 AM
It doesn't matter to me if it's on his forums.

Nexu
09-30-2002, 08:40 PM
Well, he wants to keep his forums. We now have our own section at www.aodmeagain.com/forums . No one but us can see it. Get registered over there, and I will make you a member of the elite group, and we have our own section. :) My friend Ben is looking into buying some hosting, and he's asking if anyone can chip in. Lemme know if you can do anything to help. If you can't, no big deal, it isn't like we'll lock you out. ;) I am sorry about all of the confusion, we'll get it figured out.

Dryanta
09-30-2002, 11:38 PM
Hey all,
Haven't been over there yet.Some zipperneck is sharing my connection and I can't get on line..I will be on the look out for Both BB.No promises but If I come across either I'll be sure to snag them.
Been riding for 23 years this spring.My father has been riding since 1947.He and I went for our first real ride together Sunday afternoon.Did it again today.Been great.If you guys can get a bit to spend with your dads.Might take some effort but I promise It'll be worth it.
I hope Tycho has fun with his club.I wonder how long it will last but I guess we'll see.
Night guys

bigbarada
10-01-2002, 12:07 AM
I looked around online and only Brian's Toys has the AT-AT in stock, but they charge $110 plus $15 shipping via UPS. That's waaaay more than I need to be spending right now. I think I might be able to find one for about $60 on ebay, but that is such a crapshoot, I only use that as a last resort.

Dryanta
10-01-2002, 12:29 AM
You probably don't remember me telling Jango about a small store about 50 miles from here.I think,Repeat,think they have an AT AT.I will try and get down there this weekend.I doubt they have the driver but I'll definately be on the look out

bigbarada
10-01-2002, 12:37 AM
Cool thanks! Let me know.:cool:

Nexu
10-01-2002, 11:42 AM
I like your sig Nate. :D
Hey, why didn't you tell me to get off the other night? :p

bigbarada
10-01-2002, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Nexu
I like your sig Nate. :D
Hey, why didn't you tell me to get off the other night? :p

Thanks, it's from The Road Warrior, the first Mad Max film. I was watching it on TV this weekend and that line kind of just stuck in my head.:)

Either I am slow, or just distracted cuz I'm watching Smallville while typing this; but what about the other night?:confused:

Nexu
10-02-2002, 07:36 AM
Sorry, I worded that wrong. That last part was to my uncle. :o

bigbarada
10-02-2002, 03:50 PM
That's cool, I thought I had missed something.:)

Anybody finding the second wave of Action Fleet vehicles? That AT-TE looks awesome!:cool: I really can't wait for Hasbro's version, I know it hasn't even been announced yet; but it's such a natural for a toy, I don't see how Hasbro can't make one.