PDA

View Full Version : Christian Collector/fan club.All are welcome

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Nexu
10-02-2002, 05:43 PM
I feel the same way about the AT-TE. It has so much potential, it fits so well. ;)

Herby
10-02-2002, 09:54 PM
Just curious Dryanta, what small store carries SW 50 miles from you? I love small toy stores and would like to check it out! Nothing new to report up here, been checking quite often, and coming up empty. Walmart did get a ton of the 12" Dooku wave, but I don't buy the 12" line.

BTW, has anyone read the sith collectors club thing? Honestly, those guys take things waaaaay too seriously. It would be the equivilent of this board typing everything in Biblical terms. It's unbelievably foolish.

Nexu
10-02-2002, 10:29 PM
Yeah, I glanced at it a couple of times. Nothing to see.

bigbarada
10-03-2002, 12:30 AM
I read through Tycho's first post in the Sith club and immediately realized it was nothing I wanted to continue looking at. I know Tycho's trying to be funny, but his religion humor is just cliched and silly. Nothing really funny there at all.

The Dooku wave is plentiful over here, along with the Maul and Jango Unleashed and our K-Mart has a bunch of Saga figures packaged in two packs. What's the deal with these? The price is still $10 for both figures, that's more than Wal-Mart's price.:frus:

Dryanta
10-03-2002, 12:39 AM
Hey Guys,
To Herby first.On rte 1 in Yarmouth there is a a small store Store called Toyland.It's in with the Hannaford store.He has a pile of stuff.I think he even still has some old GIJOE stuff.Pretty neat store.
Haven't been to tycho's thread.Don't really plan on it either.Just not curious.
My wife picked up the accs. packs I wanted from Target.I'm really happy with the two I wanted.Endor and Hoth.Passed on the others.Dlx 3PO and Yoda are a disapointment.Pretty stupid features.Oh well.Had to find out the hard way I guess.
Other than that nothing new.
And I hope they do make the AT TE just so Nexu will quit whinning about it.;)

Master Goeweins
10-04-2002, 01:12 AM
Yup, the Dooku 12" line is plentiful. I still have not seen the Target accessories or any new unleashed yet..... can't wait for Christmas when the stores overstock on the toys!

bigbarada
10-04-2002, 01:55 AM
I had no idea that Dooku would be so easy to find. I really can't wait for that new 12" Imperial Officer though, he's got the new GI Joe body. Should be really awesome.:)

Nexu
10-04-2002, 09:38 AM
I have new forums. So far JesusFreak and my uncle are signed up. :) www.aodmeagain.com/forums Sign up there, and I will make you a member of the Elite Group, and you will see my section at the bottom.

bigbarada
10-04-2002, 04:55 PM
Alright, I signed up, what next?:)

Nexu
10-04-2002, 05:57 PM
You are a member of the Elite now. :) Scroll all the way down, and you'll see my section. :cool:

bigbarada
10-04-2002, 09:27 PM
Cool, I'll check it out as soon as I'm done here.:cool:

I might have to wait on buying the AT-AT for a while. I forgot that the Ep2 and LOTR:SE DVDs come out next month and I need to get a DVD player. If that store does have one in stock, Dryanta, maybe I can send you enough money to put it on layaway for now.

I was tempted to buy a PS2 or X-Box so I could play DVDs on those, but then I would be tempted to buy games for them too. I really can't afford that, so I will probably just buy a cheapo $80 DVD player.

bigbarada
10-06-2002, 02:51 PM
I went ahead and bought a DVD player and the Ep1 and LOTR DVDs. Although that is pretty much it for my spending cash this month. I am keeping just enough in case I spot the Clone Pilot, the Action Fleet AT-TE or Ephant Mon.:cool:

JesusFreak
10-06-2002, 09:56 PM
I'm glad to hear that you were able to get a dvd player, are you gonna buy the Extended FOTR dvd too?

bigbarada
10-06-2002, 10:27 PM
Yep, that was one of my two reasons for getting a DVD player now, the other being Ep2.:)

I decided to get both versions of FOTR cuz I've heard some of the special features on the 2-disc set won't be on the 5-disc set. Just covering all the bases.

I'm trying to decide what other movies I want to get also. I don't want to make the same mistake I made with VHS tapes: buying a whole bunch of movies I will only watch once.

JesusFreak
10-06-2002, 10:57 PM
Yeah the two FOTR dvds have different extras, I'm not sure if I'll get the extended version or not, I probably will eventually

Herby
10-09-2002, 08:26 AM
I waited for FOTR extended version. Now I just have to make sure I've got $$ the day EPII and the extended version come out!

JesusFreak
10-09-2002, 11:44 AM
Have you guys read any reviews of the Ep. 2 dvd? They've really hyped me up for November 12th.

Spider-Man Dvd: 23 days
Star Wars II Dvd: 34 days

bigbarada
10-10-2002, 12:38 AM
I'm having trouble not getting hyped up for Nov 12th. I'm going to have to figure out which store around me is planning on carrying the Extended LOTR DVD. I might try Hastings.

Has anyone found the new round of Deluxe figures? I'm looking for the DX Yoda. If anyone knows where to find him, I would be happy to send you the money to pick one up for me.:)

Master Goeweins
10-10-2002, 01:06 AM
well, I have seen the new deluxe Geonosian with pod, but the dx Yoda and C3PO are gone again. But, you know, we still haven't even seen the Ki Adi Mundi 3 3/4".
I did however finish my Playskool collection!!!! Yeehaw!! The Falcon is just the sweetest thing I have ever seen! (And I don't mean that in a cutie pie kind of way!)

JetsAndHeels
10-10-2002, 10:38 AM
Hi folks. Just wanted to stop in and say hello. Hope you all are doing well.
I had a pretty busy weekend. I went in to work Friday afternoon at 3pm an had to unload a truck of stuff, then had to drive it upto Virginia, then come back and get more, then drive that back to Virginia. I got home Saturday evening at 6 and went to bed.
Anyways, that is why I haven't been on lately. Work is really time consuming!! Anyways, just wanted to say hi to you all and I hope you are all doing well. God Bless.

bigbarada
10-10-2002, 12:56 PM
Hey JF96, good to hear from you again!:) I know you have probably mentioned this before, but who do you work for again? Sounds like a really demanding job.

Thanks for looking Master Goeweins. I checked with Brian's Toys and they have the DX Yoda for $15 right now and they offered to buy my vintage Artoo off of me for $18, so I might just do a one-for-one trade. I'll have to think about it though.

dingodad
10-10-2002, 08:01 PM
hey bb, you might try joyo.com for the yoda.

dingodad
10-10-2002, 08:03 PM
or yojoe.com...what an idiot i is!

bigbarada
10-10-2002, 08:10 PM
Cool, I'll check them out, I didn't even know that they sold Star Wars stuff.:cool:

I picked up one of those K-Mart 2-packs, the Yoda/Jango Fett one. Someone had two of them stashed in the back and I grabbed one.:) They had a bunch of OPD/HD Anakin sets and Anakin/Obi-Wan sets. Seems that all the other cool ones are gone now, I had my eyes on either the Yoda/Clonetrooper or Yoda/Dooku set. I guess someone else was eyeing them also.:frus:

JesusFreak
10-10-2002, 09:10 PM
How much do the two packs normally cost? I've never seen them before

Dryanta
10-10-2002, 09:18 PM
Hey all,
My wife picked the dlx for me in New Jersey.I haven't seen them around here at all.I haven't seen the Kmart packs either,probably won't.
All's good here,still kinda busy.It's getting colder and I should slow down soon.All's well with everyone?

JesusFreak
10-10-2002, 09:39 PM
It's getting cold here too, most of last week it was in the 60's :eek:

Nexu
10-11-2002, 01:01 PM
It's colder than that here. :p

JesusFreak
10-11-2002, 06:30 PM
But I live in Texas, where it's usually mid to high 80's in fall, being in the 60's was a rare treat

dingodad
10-11-2002, 06:37 PM
what part of texas are you in j f?

JesusFreak
10-11-2002, 07:29 PM
Dallas area, you from Texas too?

dingodad
10-11-2002, 07:31 PM
arlington here. are you going to the convention in plano this weekend?

JesusFreak
10-11-2002, 11:17 PM
No, I don't even know which convention you're talking about, lol. But I'm (er, my dad is) painting my room tomorrow and Sundays are always busy

bigbarada
10-11-2002, 11:38 PM
It's still hot over here, in the high-80s/low-90s. Hopefully it starts to get cold soon.

The 2-packs cost about $10 apiece. K-Mart's figures cost $6 each so that is actually a deal. Of course it is still higher than Wal-Mart's price.:)

Master Goeweins
10-11-2002, 11:45 PM
Man, all of you got it sweet..... I'm in Florida. Getting colder here for Winter means we got weather in the 80's. I so wish for cold Winters and not another sweaty Christmas. You know, last Christmas, my yuppie neighbors sunbathed by the pool on Christmas day. Florida....... blah.

I have seen the two packs, but I am declining the purchase since it is just the same figures again at the same price.

dingodad
10-11-2002, 11:51 PM
j f, this convention is at the plano convention center on springcreek just off 75. carry fisher, ray park, and some newer actors are going to be there. if you can, go to www.scifiexpo.com and it has more details. if you can spare the time to go there its a neat experience.

Mace Windex
10-12-2002, 06:36 PM
Hello everyone!

Hope the LORD is blessing you!
Here in Florida just about every new SW thing is out! Too bad I don't have the $$$ to buy!

Dave

JetsAndHeels
10-13-2002, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by bigbarada
Hey JF96, good to hear from you again!:) I know you have probably mentioned this before, but who do you work for again? Sounds like a really demanding job.
I work for an insulation distributor here in Raleigh. We supply insulation and other materials to contractors. We are one of the biggest on the east coast. A very busy, yet rewarding job I must say. My boss is a great man who treats me very well.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend. No new SW stuff here in NC to report as of yet. Newest thing I have seen here is the 12 inch Luke and Tauntaun at TRU. Other than that, nothing.
God Bless!!

JesusFreak
10-13-2002, 02:48 PM
Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you collects to Star Wars Unleashed figures, I'm looking to buy the Anakin one cause I want some little statue type things for my computer desk, so are there any other one's you'd recommend?

bigbarada
10-13-2002, 03:45 PM
The only Unleashed I have seen around here are Jango and Maul, I don't like either of them though, Anakin looks alright and Darth Vader is pretty cool. I don't really collect them, though.

Well, I just found out that a lady at my parents' church is selling her car for $450. She's an elderly woman who is getting too old to drive it anymore. I'm going to check it out this afternoon, here's hoping that it is a good car, I really need one.

JesusFreak
10-13-2002, 04:01 PM
I'll be praying for you BigB.

I didn't know there was a vader unleashed but I thought I remembered seeing news of a Tyranus one, it looked so awesome! I'm gonna go check the main site...

Mace Windex
10-13-2002, 11:12 PM
Jango and Maul unleashed are being clearanced at Target for $7 in my area. Nice price but I don't care for either of these.

Dave

bigbarada
10-15-2002, 09:03 PM
Well the car is definitely a fixer-upper. It doesn't start right now, but I think that is just because it is out of gas. The engine turns over when I turn the key so the battery and starter seem to be fine. It's going to take a lot of work to get this car running right, but for only $450 I really can't complain. It's a start if nothing else.

I've been considering buying Jango's Slave 1, does anyone else here have it? Is it worth the $25 price tag? I've been hearing a lot of good things about it but just never felt any urgency to get it since it has been pretty much collecting dust since 4/23. I figure I had better buy one before they vanish for good though.

Master Goeweins
10-15-2002, 11:20 PM
I like Jango's Slave 1 a lot. I think it is an improvement on the toy. The added features make this one even better than Boba's.

Dryanta
10-16-2002, 11:19 AM
congrats on the BBmobile!!
Go ahead with the slave one.It's pretty good all and all.I don't think you'd be disapointed.The differences between it and Boba's Slave 1 are enough to make it worth getting

bigbarada
10-16-2002, 04:18 PM
Thanks.:cool: The car is a 1987 Dodge 600, I did a search of it's VIN number on the net, and there are records for it (covering possible major accidents, flood damage, odometer fraud, etc) but I can't find out what any of the records say unless I send this website $15. It's carfax.com, I heard about it on a TV commercial so I assume it is pretty reputable and $15 is a small price to pay if I can get info that could possibly save me thousands in the future. Of course, I am broke until the end of the month, so I will have to wait to order the reports. What do you guys think, should I order them?

Well, I caved and reserved an Ephant Mon figure from Brian's Toys. We are at least three waves behind over here and I don't want to wait until after Christmas to get this guy. Besides I am doing a one-for-one trade of Ephant Mon for my vintage loose Artoo figure. That's a figure-for-figure deal, I can't really complain about that.:)

Nexu
10-16-2002, 05:54 PM
I would recommend it, Just to be on the safe side, Nate. :)

MG, I'm going to get a Slave I at some point in time too, it's a really nice ship.

bigbarada
10-17-2002, 08:46 PM
Well, I sent off the figure to trade for Ephant Mon, hopefully I will have the big galute by the end of next week. Then I can just chill out until I see him on the shelves to buy my "keep-on-card" double.:)

JesusFreak
10-17-2002, 11:00 PM
I've got a question, was Ephant Mon actually in ROTJ? I watched it the other day and I couldn't see him. Maybe he's in the A New Hope SE...

bigbarada
10-18-2002, 03:38 PM
No he is definitely in ROTJ, in Jabba's Palace. He shows up at least twice in the background. However like Amanaman and Pote Snitkin and others, unless you know exactly where to look you will never see him. He is visible just after Han is unfrozen and discovered by Jabba, and when Luke and Han are being taken before Jabba for sentencing.

I think you can also see him a couple of times in that old "From Star Wars to Jedi" documentary that came out in the 80s.

Here's a pic of him behind Han and Leia, immediately after Han is unfrozen and discovered by Jabba (the black border is to add contrast and make the picture look less dark against the white background), it's not very clear but it gives you an idea where to look the next time you watch the movie:) :

EDIT - BTW, if you have the Pan & Scan version of ROTJ, then you probably won't see him in this scene.

JesusFreak
10-18-2002, 04:17 PM
That must be it! It is Pan and Scan. No wonder I couldnt find him, lol

Dryanta
10-18-2002, 06:05 PM
Hey guys,
The first few times I realy had to look for him.He's like one of those pictures that looks different as you re focus your eyes.He blends into the background really well.
I brought my Republic Gunship Home and put her together today.You know this one ship has really rekindled my interest in the line.
I think I'll make a major toy run in the A.M. :)

Dryanta
10-20-2002, 09:29 AM
Morning guys.
Made a run yesterday and had a good day at it.Picked up Anakin Tatooine attack(nice sculpt!!),Pilot Jango,and pilot Padme'.Both are really good as well.
I also found both Anakin and Vader Unleashed.All I wanted was Vader but I couldn't resist Anakin once I saw him in person.Really nice.I am really looking forward to the new 8 next year.Han and Chewie are needed badly!!!:)
I was hoping to find Ephont Mon,Tuscan and Massiff, and clone pilot but no one at any of the stores have seen them yet.Still early.
Curious,How do you guys think the port strike on the Left coast will affect the line?I am trying to be positive about it.I think if nothing new gets through for Christmas maybe the stores can move the old stuff and give the line a shot in the arm.I hope the issue doesn't really mess the whole thing up.Could make it or break it I think.I can't help but wonder what kind of cool stuff is bobbing around out there.;)
Have a great day all

bigbarada
10-21-2002, 12:39 PM
Yeah, the Gunship is awesome, it has restored a lot of my faith in Hasbro. Hopefully this action gimmick trend will pass the same way the he-man trend did in the POTF2 days.

Well, I found the Action Fleet AT-TE and the Deluxe Yoda and Threepio sets. The AT-TE is awesome! Although, I am not too sure if I will be picking up a 3 3/4" version. If done right it will be HUGE and expensive. If done small and cheaply it really won't be worth it. I don't know though, hopefully if Hasbro plans to make one we will see some prototypes soon, I'll be able to decide better then.

No new figures other than that though.

As I guessed, all of Ephant Mon's best scenes are on the "From Star Wars to Jedi" documentary. There you can see him getting punched out by a puppeteer, packed up in a crate and mugging for the camera with Amanaman. Hopefully the documentary will be included on the ROTJ DVD when that gets released in five years.:frus:

Dryanta
10-22-2002, 05:59 PM
Hey all,
nothing new here.Can't wait for Walmart to clear out the 18 Dar talked about .Can't wait to see something new on the pegs.I did well last weekend but it good to see more than one of each new figure out.
Nexu is having technicle difficulties and won't be on for a bit.But it is his 18th Birthday today!!!!
Now I can't beat him into a puddle and only have one charge over my head ;)
Can any of you help me witha TRU landspeeder?I missed out and can't get one here now.Xwings are plentiful but the landspeeders are gone.:(
How'r your folks BB?
Work still nuts Jango?
How's the walk going Dingo?
How's things Jesusfreak?
When we going to get together Herby?

JesusFreak
10-22-2002, 11:04 PM
Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Jason!!!!! Happy Birthday to you!!!!!!!!!

You have to tell him that I sang for him if he won't be on for a while ;)

18 huh? You're like officially an adult now Jason! Wow...I feel so young......

Not that that's a bad thing, I love being young :D

bigbarada
10-23-2002, 01:34 AM
Happy Birthday, Jason!! Well, it's 11:25 PM over here, so it is technically still your birthday.:)

I think I remember my brother saying that they have a ton of Landspeeders over at the TRU in Las Cruces (about an hour's drive away). Maybe I can talk him into taking a trip down there.

My parents seem to be doing alright, my dad is overdoing it at work as usual and my mom is having some problems getting over some medication that she had been taking for her seizures for about 30 years - it was Dilatin (not sure how to spell it). Turns out that it was causing her seizures to become more frequent and so her doctor decided to take her off of it. She still has seizures now, but they are nowhere near as severe, frequent or last as long as they used to. You gotta love medical science though.:frus:

Well, I called Brian's Toys this afternoon and they had just sent out my Ephant Mon figure. I should have him by the end of the week.:)

Herby
10-23-2002, 09:27 AM
Hey all...long time no post. I've been busy with my new job, it's got different hours, 11:30 - 8PM, so I've been trying to adjust. As a result, I've had less freetime, and Mario Sunshine seems to love taking up that time. I haven't seen any new stuff up here for a long time, good thing since our funds are still trying to balance out from my spell of unemployment! My Walmart is all Cantina and Deluxe sets, pretty boring stuff. I think I'm going to try to hit TRU next week, once I get paid :)

Other than that, pretty uneventful. My wife just had a job interview that she's waiting to hear back from, but it sounds like it went pretty well...here's hoping.

Nexu
10-23-2002, 03:58 PM
Thx guys. :)
I haven't been here in a while, been too distracted with eveything else. I now live in fairfield, with one of my mother's co-workers. we have cable internet there, and so far, I have downloaded around 10 Gbs of stuff, in like a week and a half. But, now I am grounded from it, for like 2 weeks. :(
I'm going to be building my computer very soon, as soon as my mother's credit card comes in. I'm starting with http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2063269682 or http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1773655345. That motherboard is the ultimate. Everything on it is either current, or future technology, nothing is out-dated.

bigbarada
10-24-2002, 01:27 AM
Hey guys, what's up? It seems that we all are getting busier and busier nowadays. That's cool I guess. It looks like my internet time might be becoming more and more infrequent. I've decided to go ahead and start looking for a job around town, I might consider dropping out of college (again) at least until I can enroll under the In-State tuition rates.

I've actually been thinking about returning to the military, but that is a big maybe and if I did, I would try to get into the Air Force not the Army again. After 11 years in the military, it's a lot harder to adjust to civilian life than I imagined. I'm not sure I really like all the freedom. Like I said, I'm just thinking about it.

I've also decided to take an indefinite hiatus from collecting Star Wars. Ephant Mon will be my last, for a while. When the line restarted in 1995, I only wanted three things that weren't available in the vintage line: the A-Wing (the line was cancelled before the A-Wing could be released in 1985, so it only saw a very limited release under the Droids banner), Darth Vader with Removable Helmet and Ephant Mon. So, now that those three have been made, I don't really see any reason to continue collecting. There is simply nothing else that I see on the horizon that interests me.

Who knows, maybe when money isn't so tight, I will wander back to the Star Wars aisle and see what I have been missing. I'll still be around here occasionally, just not everyday. And don't worry Dryanta, I will still keep my eye out for stuff that you want, I haven't forgotten all the toys you have sent me (BTW, do you need the Geonosis Arena?).

I'll see you guys later, God Bless.

Dryanta
10-24-2002, 08:56 AM
Morning guys,
I wasn't worried about it at all.
It's funny I started collecting in '95 dirrectly after I split from my first wife.It was good escapizm.Better than going to the bottle or starting trouble. I'm still happy with my hobby but the funds are harder and harder to come by.Not to mention the frustration of poor distribution.I'll stay with it but I don't get any where near as excited as I used to.
I will be praying for God's will in your Life Nate.I can't relate to the military experience but I can tell you that too much freedom too soon can really throw you for a loop.Can be a little scary for sure.And yes I do need the arena.
I'm going to get into chrome plating and powder coating on custom motorcycles as soon as I can.But I'll still keep in touch with you all.Great bunch here and I appreciate the fellowship.
Have a great day all and God bless your time today

Mace Windex
10-24-2002, 08:02 PM
Hey Big,

There are a lot of jobs that can feels as restricting as military life! LOL. SOunds like you are looking for your place in life. Pray to the Lord. Give yourself to Jesus and ask him to point you in the right direction. This is what I do.
God bless.
Dave

bigbarada
10-25-2002, 01:36 AM
Yeah, I have been praying about it a lot and I feel that college is just not the place for me right now, at least not the degree plan I am seeking. Maybe I will change my major back to just plain Art and see if I like it better. God will show me the way and whatever He has planned for me I am willing to do.

I was thinking about things last night and I realized that collecting Star Wars has been the only thing remotely close to a real addiction I have ever had. It has been as destructive to my life and any addiction. Let's see: bankruptcy, car repossession, knowingly writing bad checks for Star Wars toys (aka: theft), overdrawing my bank account month after month to keep up to date on the newest stuff ( -$450 was the average balance of my bank account for over four years), skipping out on paying bills to afford new toys, I even sold off many of my personal possessions (TV, VCR, Gamecube, Playstation, etc) just to afford new toys.

It's really no longer a matter of wanting to stop or not, I have to stop collecting. No question about it. I can honestly say that I would actually be better off today if I had never gotten back into collecting Star Wars. I would still have my car and I would still have my credit rating.

Like I said before, after Ephant Mon, I am done. This is what I have to do. I even sold my Gunship to my brother to keep from being tempted to buy any Clone Pilots.

I don't think Star Wars is necessarily 100% to blame for all of my woes though, I am just really terrible at handling money. And I tend to become obsessive no matter what I collect. Maybe my current situation is God's way of slowing me down so I can understand exactly what all of my wild spending has gotten me. Nothing but a lot of headaches and stress that's what. Don't get me wrong, though, I am not bitter in any way. I think this has been one of the best things to happen to me and I thank God for helping me out of this hole.

Anyways, I will still try to pick up a Geonosis Arena for you Dryanta, but I won't be able to put one on layaway until after 5 November. I just hope they will still be there by then.

Dryanta
10-25-2002, 08:33 AM
I hear you BB.Do Not go anywhere near the toy aisle for my sake.Stay far away and forget about it.O.K.
It really can become an addiction with out any real difficulty.
Everything in moderation.easier said than done.I have to admit I would have gone down the same road.If circumstances had been different.So again stay away from the toy aisle all together and forget about any imagined debt you owe.It's over and done.Now maybe you can actually learn to enjoy your collection now for what it is,not what you are missing.Hard,I know but I know you can beat this thing.
You may really need to stay out of here too.As much As I'd miss your company around here,the added temptation is something you could live with out.We could always go over to Nexu's place and just talk with out the toy bit.How would that work?

JesusFreak
10-25-2002, 11:01 AM
I agree with Dryanta. Just visiting the Hasbro Saga forum makes you want to buy new figures :(

Oh yeah and since you have a dvd player now try not to get too addicted to dvds, it's VERY easy to get addicted to them (I would know ;)) and they're more expensive than SW figures :-\

I'll be praying that God shows you the way :)

Dryanta
10-25-2002, 06:02 PM
Hey Guys,
Something pretty amazing happened this afternoon.I mentioned I am trying to get into chrome plating and powder coating.Well I need to do a few powder coat jobs first to be able to buy the plating equipment.Problem.Big problem.I need an electric oven that can be heated to 400 degrees and is large enough to hold a motorcycle frame.Big oven=big money.I mean huge,$1,000s.Well my father shows up this afternoon and tells me hes was at his brothers house.He has a huge electric oven,electric,goes to 500 degrees.glass doors and is more than large enough for a bike frame.How much?Get it off my trailer and you're welcome to it.Praise God!!!It was THE major hang up to getting started.
I just wanted to let you know that God still moves in lives.Even really messed up lives like the one I lead.
Hang in there Nate.He's sometimes early but never,NEVER late.

bigbarada
10-26-2002, 02:46 AM
Thanks for the support guys and the understanding. All that I posted before has been bugging me for the past several months, starting from when my car got repossesed and got really bad when I had to declare bankruptcy. It just feels really good to get everything off of my chest and I'm glad you guys can understand what I am talking about. I would never bring this up in the regular forums since most people out there would turn it into a giant joke. Thanks again for understanding.

Well, I just got Ephant Mon in today, what an awesome figure he is! I'll do a full review of him in the Reviews section if you want to read it. Plus, I am sticking to my plan, from this point on, I am done with collecting. My entire childhood wish list has been filled thus I don't feel the need to continue trying to "collect them all."

I can guess how it is with DVDs, I had a similar problem with video games and music CDs. Lack of funds and my refusal to allow myself a gaming console (or a computer capable of playing video games) have put a halt to the video game addiction. Discovery of MP3s have cured me of ever wanting to buy CDs. (I maxed out a $300 Target credit card on Nintendo64 games in 1998 and I maxed out a $1500 Circuit City card on CDs in the same year - I was buying an average of 3 CDs EVERY DAY for well over 8 months)

For a long time I blamed all of this on my time in Bosnia, since immediately after my tour there I was recommended for psychological evaluation for depression, anger managment and even suicidal thoughts (which was bogus). They believed I might be bipolar. I was reassigned and never followed up on it, so who knows?

However, I used to get really obsessive about stuff since I was in high school, and my brother and father are really major collectors of different stuff also (my brother collects the high end Star Wars toys and my dad collects historical books, VHS tapes and now DVDs). Even my oldest nephew seems to have that collector's mentality. I guess it just runs in the family.

I don't want to just write off the stuff you bought for me that easily, Dave. If nothing else, I can just box up all of that stuff and send it back to you. It's all loose now, though.

BTW, that's a pretty amazing story about the oven. I hope it is exactly what you needed.:)

JetsAndHeels
10-28-2002, 06:08 PM
Hi everyone!!
Just wanted to drop in and say hello to the group. It has been about 2 weeks since I have posted. I hope you all are doing well. I am doing fine, just working long hours. I guess that is good since it cuts the time that I could be getting into trouble (lol).
As far as Star Wars stuff, the newest stuff here is the pilot Jango, Padme, Maul, and Anakin. I have yet to see any Clone Pilots yet. I hope to soon though. I need about 3 or 4 of these guys for my Gunship.
Hope you are all doing well. I will try to drop in again real soon.
God Bless.
Steve

JesusFreak
10-28-2002, 06:41 PM
It's good to hear from you Steve :)

The newest basic 3 3/4" figures over here is the Orn Free Taa wave, and even thats hard to find. Most places just have the 4/23 stuff :-\ I don't have the money for figures right now though so its no big deal.

Dryanta
10-28-2002, 07:23 PM
Hey Steve!! Great to heasr all is well with you.
Hey Jesusfreak.Mas Amedda?;)
Don't worry about it Nate.I still may need some of your artistic talent later this fall.

JesusFreak
10-28-2002, 08:38 PM
Whoops! I meant Orn Free Taa. :crazed:

Dryanta
10-28-2002, 08:50 PM
Glad to hear it! I was wondering if I was so far outside the loop that he'd been re-released and I didn't know it.

bigbarada
10-29-2002, 01:32 AM
Yeah, just let me know whatever you want me to draw. My brother is so busy with college and those SG-1 busts that he probably won't have the time to do your Chewie bust anytime soon. I'm thinking about buying some Sculpey after this semester is over and starting on it for you, then maybe my brother will be able to fill in all the fine details. I'm not so bad with sculpting myself (I have one piece I did in my art gallery), but my brother is a lot better.

Dryanta
10-29-2002, 07:10 PM
That sounds cool.How much is sculpy? I may just go ahead and send you some money.I'd owe you anyway and it might give you something to do other than fight off the urge to buy toys.
Hey Jesusfreak!I went to the video store today and they had a couple boxes full of Spiderman VHS and DVDs.Can't see it until Friday.
Well all,hopefully great news today.My SSI case should be settled up by the end of November!!!Pray for me that it will be and we can get on with our lives.Money wise anyway.
The arene playset showed up at Walmart today.They weren't even unpacked yet But I did see the boxes.Have to decide if I want to try and get one on layaway now.Not sure.

Deoxyribonucleic
10-29-2002, 07:54 PM
Hi you guys, I've been reading your posts lately about all these money problems and such and I will send good thoughts your way. I really hope everything works out for you Dryanta and BigB and I gotta ask you guys a favor...could you send some good thoughts my way, as I just graduated and am finding it really hard to get a job...right now anything will do and I'm even finding that to be a bit difficult. It's pretty scary and I'm really tired of worring about money.

so it seems we're all in the same boat here...maybe we could all row for each other :)

I know things will work themselves out eventually but it sure is scary in the process!

Thanks for listening or reading or whatever, sometimes it just feels good to say it to someone else so it's out there and not eating a hole from inside

take care :)

JesusFreak
10-29-2002, 08:05 PM
Dryanta: It's only 3 days, yay! :D And not long till Episode 2 either, two weeks I guess :)

Deoxyribonucleic: Sure thing, I'll be praying for your job situation :)

Mace Windex
10-30-2002, 11:37 AM
Big,

Toys are addicting. I have to fight the urge to have it ALL, everytime I go in the store. It is hard. I have spent too much on the episode II stuff. Fortunately, I kept most of my receipts and have since returned a lot of the items. I am now on the WALMART hit list of returns. LOL. Still, there is a lot more I need to sell or return. I am not in bankruptcy but I am broke. No, it's not because of Starwars per se. Anyways, I can feel for you. But you know what? Satan is the one that makes us crave stuff. He tells us we need these things when we don't. Honestly, I have more of a thrill hunting these toys than I do owning them. Still, I will always be a kid at heart. I just need to limit myself, as do we all. If anyone ever needs someone to listen please drop me a private message. I am always here to support my fello brothers and sisters in Christ.
God Bless
Mace

bigbarada
10-30-2002, 01:34 PM
Super Sculpey is about $10 per pound, and you can usually get it in crafts stores (Wal-Mart used to carry it over here, but stopped for some reason). It would probably take about 1 pound of Super Sculpey to do the Chewie bust in the size you wanted. Although there are three different kinds of Sculpey: regular Sculpey (which is grey or white in color and is the low grade stuff, it leaves a kind of white powdery residue all over everything), Super Sculpey (which is flesh tone in color and is the preferred kind to use) and Sculpey III (which comes in tiny packages in a variety of colors, I've never used it though).

Anyway, I will keep you in prayer about the SSI, we had some problems with that in the past so I know how frustrating it can be. I will keep you in prayer about the job situation, Deox. I'm planning on getting a full time job next semester and take classes during my off hours. If it works out I will be pretty busy, but I will be able to help out the family more with food and bills.

It is hard getting over the "collect them all" mentality, Mace. I don't even know where that came from, because I never wanted all of the toys when I was a kid. I guess it is just so easy to fall into the trap. While there are several figures I would still buy if Hasbro made (Hermi Odle, Yarna D'al Gargan, Kithaba, any and all Ewoks), I think I might just limit myself to online purchasing. It's so much easier to just pick out the items you want and forget the rest. I find that whenever I go to the toy aisle looking specifically for one figure and don't find it, I tend to try to ease the disappointment by buying one or two figures I hadn't planned on getting. That's where I get sucked in.

Dryanta
10-30-2002, 03:33 PM
Hey guys,
I will be praying for your situation Deoxy.I think money is a major issue with alot more of us than would be admitted in the other threads.I can't relate to the newly graduated situation but I can remember being young with no real experience yet.It's hard but the good news is it usually doesn't last very long.What was your major?ANd what would field would you like to be working in?I will pray for anything to pay the bills,but I would also like to be able to petition God for you in the exact place you'd like to be.
Question for you BB.Are you familiar with the G.I.Joe character Snake Eyes?If so let me know.I may have a prodject for you.
I went ahead and opened up a box at Wally world today and helped myself to a Arena Playset.;)I stopped and talked with the guy in toys about new figures.He said Hasbro removed over 200 figures from that one store!!Slim pickins right now.He dowsn't expect figures until on of two dates.The 12Th AOTC release day.Or the day after Thanksgiving.They are expecting alot of new stuff.He thought that was strange because they had always had plenty of a advance notice to get ready for new stuff.Not this time.My playset is on layaway anyway.I should bring it home in a week or two.The aisles are crammed full of cases of toys.Have been for couple days now.That's why I had to help myself.They haven't gotten to open them up yet.

bigbarada
10-31-2002, 12:50 AM
Am I familiar with Snake-Eyes? Nope, he was only my absolute favorite GI Joe character as a kid.:) So, what kind of project do you have in mind?

Herby
10-31-2002, 09:15 AM
I just went on a whirlwind toy check in Portland and came out with....wow...2 new figures. Padme and Jango pilot. I was so hopeful when I left the house...oh well. We've got the Arena set up here as well. I did see the ask me questions Yoda thing at Target, but it looked too much like the Yoda Furby that I already have. Not much going on up here, although I heard there could be more stuff on the release of the EP 1 DVD (fullscreen) as well as it will begin the countdown to the EP2 one.
Here's hoping, my Walmart has tons of deluxe and cantina, and 2 regular figures...it needs to be restocked badly.

Dryanta
10-31-2002, 11:17 AM
morning all.
BB Have you seen the cover to G.I.JOE #1 from Image comics? Awesome rendition of Snake eyes.Kneeling down Uzi up and sword drawn.If you need to see it let me know.Anyway.For materials and talent costs paid to you do you think you could sculpt that?It would be awesome.much better than the bust they released a while ago.Let me know.Get some money in your pocket anyway.Hey Herby! Thanks for the report on S Portland.
I am planning on making a run on the morning of the 12th.Just to see.
Sad news guys.The old toy store with all the old stuff up and closed.No closing sale,nothing. all gone and empty.A real shame.

Nexu
10-31-2002, 06:45 PM
Just wanted to check in.
I just bought some 5.1 creative Soundlabs speakers from for $50. Not a bad deal, since they retail for $150. I can put $200 on my mother's credit card, so I think I'm going to go with this (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2065340154) and maybe a chip.

bigbarada
11-01-2002, 12:45 AM
I've seen the cover, Dryanta, but don't really remember it all that well. If you could post it here or e-mail it to me that'd help. So you want a full body sculpt? How big are you thinking?

I have an Asus motherboard on my computer right now, but it is over three years old so I know it is extremely outdated. I've decided that my next computer system will most likely be a Macintosh. I'm much more comfortable with their operating system.

JesusFreak
11-01-2002, 12:34 PM
Well I'm off to Wal-Mart to pick up Spider-Man :D

Hopefully they'll have some new SW figures too :)

Nexu
11-01-2002, 01:47 PM
I'll stick with Windoze, just because I know it the best, and it the most widely used. Asus is the way to go though. Very stable, and reliable.

JesusFreak
11-01-2002, 05:31 PM
I got Spider-Man but I haven't had the chance to watch it yet, I probly will later tonight.

Also for the first time in like forever I had enough extra money for a star wars figure. Wal Mart finally cleared out all their old stuff and got the Jango/Padmé pilots. They also had a Lott Dod and Tusken with Massif. I decided to go with Geonosis Mace though because I don't have any Mace figures. It's pretty good, since I like displaying my figures loose :)

bigbarada
11-02-2002, 01:13 AM
I'll pick up Spider-Man next week when I get my VA check. I saw the Deluxe Gift set, what does that come with?

Has anyone here seen the Two Towers figures in stores at all? I've been hearing that they are released, but I don't think any of the stores over here have ordered them.:frus: I mainly want to pick up the Roharian Soldier, I love their armor. That's the closest I will ever get to having an ancient Viking action figure.:) (the typical horned-helmet look is a myth and a really tired cliche)

My brother is also thinking of getting a Mac, since his computer gets attacked with viruses like every week. He has the top of the line virus-protection, firewalls and everything else; but his computer is always getting crippled by some virus. All I have is a cheap, free version of Norton Anti-Virus and zero security, but I have never been attacked.

Of course, I have probably just jinxed myself.:rolleyes:

Anyway, from what I hear, the Mac network system is set up in such a way as to make writing effective viruses very difficult. And since there are so few of them in use (relatively) compared to PCs, it really isn't worth a hacker's time to write a virus that will affect a Mac.

bigbarada
11-02-2002, 02:09 AM
BTW, I checked the Star Wars aisle earlier this evening and didn't feel the need to buy anything. I discovered the secret is not to try to convince myself I don't want the stuff; but to stop convincing myself that I do want it. I've been looking for an excuse to quit collecting since 1996, and now I finally have it. Those figures I listed earlier as ones I would buy if Hasbro made, I don't even think I would buy those at this point. I guess I am officially a non-collector right now.:)

Jason, what's the deal with your MeAgain forums? They're dead. Unfortunately over there we don't seem to have anything else in common apart from all being Christians. So unless everyone is interested in some intense theological discussions, I don't know what to do.

JetsAndHeels
11-02-2002, 12:38 PM
Hi everyone!!
Just went to TRU and I scored big time. I picked up a couple of Clone Pilots and the new Watto figure. Also got the Silver R2D2 figure. All in all it was a great day for me toy wise.
Hey Big B, I have seen the new LOTR figures here. The ones I have seen are Legolas and the deluxe Aragorn with Horse. They look great (just like the ones before). Haven't seen the Roharian soldier though.
Anyways I hope everyone is doing well. I miss being able to get on here as much as I did before, but I love getting on and checking our thread here to see how everyone is.
Take care and God Bless!!
Steve

Nexu
11-02-2002, 01:56 PM
I know what you mean Nate. They are dead, and noone will visit. Long story.
Me Again (The guy who created the forums, a good friend of mine) was in a Red Faction clan with Jet, and he has his own forums at www.rfhq.com/hqn . His forums are wildly popular, and it's mostly the same people at both forums, see what I mean? everyone posts at Jet's forums, mainly because he makes a BUNCH of people mods, it's overkill really. Kinda a hard situation, see what I mean?

Deoxyribonucleic
11-02-2002, 02:05 PM
I just clicked on that link Nexu and it said "THis Service Has Been Suspended"???

are the forums there no longer?

Nexu
11-02-2002, 02:08 PM
They're up for me.

JesusFreak
11-02-2002, 02:11 PM
BigB, I haven't seen TTT figures either. Wal Mart just cleared out their FOTR figures so they'll probly get the TTT figures soon but they dont have any LOTR figures right now. It;s good to hear that you can go down the SW aisle (sp?) without buying anything. That's really hard for me. Yesterday for example, Wal-Mart had a bunch of new figures. I just couldn't resist buying at least one (which was all I could afford)

Well Spider-man is great. The picture and sound quality are really good and I love how the second disc is centered around the comics since I never read them. I learned alot of info by going through "The Loves of Peter Parker", Spider-man sure has a sad love life, lol.

Nexu
11-02-2002, 03:17 PM
I have a half-decent quality rip of it, but I haven't watched it yet.

Dryanta
11-02-2002, 06:51 PM
Hey all,
No new finds.But I didn't really get anywhere today.
Except for the next need being met by the lord.I found a place to start my business.AND my wifes.Just today.at the end of my road.I can look out the window and see it!!
ANd to top it all off I recieved notice that I have a hearing date with S.S.I. on the 10th of December!!Things are really looking up.Thanks to all for your prayer and please continue!!
I'm glad to hear of your victory Nate.Hang on to it.
What I had in mind for Snakeyes was a full body about 6" same as the unleashed.Let me know if you are interested.
I need to get together with Nexu and see about getting over there.I've tried and it won't let me in.
Hey Jango!! Glad all is well!
I am going to watch Spiderman later.Haven't seen it yet at all.
Oh I will keep an eye out for the Twin towers stuff BB

Herby
11-03-2002, 11:45 AM
Hey everyone! Just taking the time to check in. I rented Star Fox Adventures for the Gamecube and Tony Hawk 4 for the PS2 this weekend and have not leave my beanbag chair for most of yesterday and today, but figured I'd hit the web for a minute. The only place I've seen the Twin Towers stuff has been KB, they had a case come in up here awhile ago. Nice figures. Spiderman's a good flick. I'm waiting for EPII for my next DVD though. (That and there are too many good video games out right now to spend $$ on anything else it seems).

bigbarada
11-03-2002, 12:38 PM
Hey Dryanta, I can give the Snake-Eyes statue a shot, but I have never sculpted a full human body before. I'd have to build an armature and all that. Send me a copy of the picture and I can get an idea of what would be necessary to make it look right.

Dryanta
11-03-2002, 07:49 PM
Cool B.B. !!Sounds great!I've got faith in you and your abilities.Nexu will be sending a scan of the Image comic #1.The pose I mentioned is on the cover.
I know what you mean Herby.I'll drop some money on a few games soon(I hope) myself.
Nothing new.I don't expect anything 'til next week. I am getting excited about seeing AOTC again next week.Get to go over it a few times and get all I missed(and then some I'm sure) in the theater.

JesusFreak
11-03-2002, 09:48 PM
Wow, I like Spider-Man better every time I see it. The first time it was "ok" the second it was still "ok" the third time it was awesome, and I'll probly watch it again tonight, lol

Dryanta
11-04-2002, 09:46 PM
hey all.
I had to step into the boy scout thread.Couldn't help myself.
I put four Pilot clone troopers on layaway today.No Ephont Mon,Tuscan with Massiff,or Watto yet.Soon enough I'm sure.
I finally watched Spiderman.Not bad at all.I'm not a real fan of the character but they seemed to handle him rather well.
I'm going to try and find out what happened to some of the people who used to post here.Where have they gone?

Deoxyribonucleic
11-04-2002, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Dryanta
Hey all,
No new finds.But I didn't really get anywhere today.
Except for the next need being met by the lord.I found a place to start my business.AND my wifes.Just today.at the end of my road.I can look out the window and see it!!
ANd to top it all off I recieved notice that I have a hearing date with S.S.I. on the 10th of December!!Things are really looking up.Thanks to all for your prayer and please continue!!
I'm glad to hear of your victory Nate.Hang on to it.
What I had in mind for Snakeyes was a full body about 6" same as the unleashed.Let me know if you are interested.
I need to get together with Nexu and see about getting over there.I've tried and it won't let me in.
Hey Jango!! Glad all is well!
I am going to watch Spiderman later.Haven't seen it yet at all.
Oh I will keep an eye out for the Twin towers stuff BB

Glad things are on the sunnyside now Dryanta. I guess "good things happen to those who wait" isn't always just a saying :)

Jedi Drew
11-05-2002, 07:46 AM
Hey, guys and gals just wanted to say "Hi." It's hard for me to post on this site because I keep getting disconnected from AOL ONLY when I'm on this site. I can be on E-Bay, Hotjobs, ect. and have no problem but as soon as I start looking around this site I get "kicked off." Haven't found anything new except the new siver R2. Be cool everyone.....now after I post this I'll be disconcted....:confused: :confused:

JesusFreak
11-05-2002, 11:44 AM
That's really weird, does it kick you off other message boards too?

bigbarada
11-06-2002, 01:01 AM
Well, it seems that the boy scout thread got way off topic as usual. I had something planned to help prove one of my points, but I guess I waited too long. I knew everyone would take my comments about homosexuals as bashing. When in truth, all I was saying was that I don't consider them a minority group any more than I would consider golfers a minority group. It was all working up to a big finale but obviously that is impossible know. It seems that Deox was the only one really offended by what I said. Even though nothing I said was hateful or bigoted in any way. Not agreeing on an issue (homosexuals being a minority group) is not the same as bashing and prejudice, it is simply a difference of opinion. Your concept of the "slippery slope" (the idea that my non-acceptance of homosexuals as a minority will lead me to eventually start killing homosexuals) is a classic logical fallacy that is used all the time in the propoganda machine that is the media.

Sorry if you were offended Deox, but I have to wonder why a Christian would condone such behavior. It is clearly stated in the Old and New Testaments that homosexuality is a perversion and immoral. Thus, as Christians we cannot accept it as anything other than what the Bible states. Of course, I am not advocating hate crimes or bigotry, since those are detrimental to Jesus' message. I firmly believe in the adage, "Hate the sin, not the sinner."

People who fall into the homosexual lifestyle are simply trapped by their lust, and like all other sinful lifestyles, they cannot get out of the rut they have dug for themselves. However, they don't need prejudice or hatred from us. They just need help to find the path to God. Like a person who is a womanizer, an alcoholic or a murderer, the only way that person will be freed from their sin is through God's Word.

Before I get strung up again by comparing homosexuals to murderers, remember that God doesn't differentiate between sins. Undressing a woman (or man) with your mind is the same as raping that person in the eyes of God. Thus we are all equally sinful and in need of God's salvation.

bigbarada
11-06-2002, 01:47 AM
Geez, I think this is just not my week. I seemed to have rubbed Tycho the wrong way in the thread about voting. I guess you are only allowed to express your opinions around here if you conform to the media-sanctioned, politically correct opinions.:rolleyes:

Anyways, if this keeps up, I might just have to change my identity on these boards. Jargo already hates me for some reason, now Deox and Tycho are POed at me. What else could possibly go wrong?

Don't answer that.;)

Dryanta
11-06-2002, 08:38 PM
Hey all,
I really don't know exactly who all will read this.with 16,000+ views I'm sure it's more than just the hand full of us that still post.
This is my last post at SSG.No big Goodbye thread,none of that.I doubt anybody but you would care anyway.So I won't bother anyone with it.I am going to be at the Forums Jason setup a while back so we can still continue to fellowship and share.He posted a link here in a previous post.We are not truely free to speek here.Anyone who thinks we are should really look a little closer.
Please frequent the other forums,I really don't want to lose the good friends these forums provided.I will be over there at least once a day.Drop by and talk.That is where I'll be.I'll check the home page for my news but that will it.When I sign off tonight it will be for the last time.I cannot be salt and light here.It's too easy to hide behind a keyboard.I need to focus on those I can meet eye to eye with.Bye to all,that do not follow.And thanks for some good times.
Dave

JesusFreak
11-06-2002, 09:49 PM
I'll visit Jason's forums every day. Multiple times a day. I agree that we're not really allowed to share our views here but it's a Star Wars forum so I won't argue with that. I'm glad that we will have some other place where we can talk openly. In other words, thanks Jason! :D

Nexu
11-06-2002, 10:14 PM
Thank Me Again. All I did was take him up on his offer. :)

bigbarada
11-07-2002, 12:42 AM
Sounds like a plan to me, I'll join you guys and say my goodbyes to SSG. This thread was the only thing keeping me visiting here on a daily basis and the place feels more and more hostile as I continue to talk about my views. Who knew that we weren't allowed to have differing opinions here?

So long SSG!

JetsAndHeels
11-07-2002, 01:31 PM
I have bookmarked Nexu's forums in my favorites, so I will be joining you all there as well. I hate that it has come to this, but I guess it is really the only choice.
I hope to be able to continue to correspond with you all over there. God Bless.
Steve

Mace Windex
11-07-2002, 10:39 PM
Is there a special CHristian thread on the new board that I do not see? If so, send me the link!

Mace
PS Just saw AOTC in IMAX format. WOW, talk about HUGE!! Didn't care for all the cut scenes though.

JesusFreak
11-07-2002, 11:56 PM
If you can't see it then Jason must have re-enabled the private feature. He just has to enable you to see it.

Grif
12-25-2002, 05:28 PM
Hey let's get this thing going again.

Kidhuman
03-23-2003, 02:00 PM
Okay, does anyone want to get this thing going again?