PDA

View Full Version : Christian Collector/fan club.All are welcome

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Dryanta
04-27-2002, 11:21 AM
I'm running a little behind today guys.sorry for the delay.

Well here it is!!This is Dryanta most of you already know me as either that or Dave.If you would like to see my testimony it's a matter of public knowledge now in the Jesus Loves You thread (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=71993#post71993).

Anyway,I think I can speak for us all when I say all are welcome here.we are not some kind of elitist group or anything.Just people with the same beliefs and perspective on life.
With that said,Shall me do the other meet and greet stuff and see if we can get some input and ideas on how we would like to proceed?

I personally would like this thread to be an area where we can talk about our lives and struggles and victories.Ask for prayer and give it.Discuss theology and the like.And of course STAR WARS!!!

Any ideas where this thread should be if not here?
What would you like to see here?

I mentioned this to a couple of you earlier in private.I will do it now publicly,I am not the leader or moderator of this thread.If we should ever need(which I doubt)such a thing it should be put to vote IMO.Fire away and it's great to be here!!

bigbarada
04-27-2002, 02:24 PM
What's up, Dryanta? I wasn't going to get online today cuz I'm supposed to be babysitting my nephews; but my brother's running late so I decided to check to see if you started this puppy or not. Glad to see it's up and running!

For those not sure what we are about, Dryanta summed it up perfectly. We're are just fellow Star Wars fans who want to keep in contact with other Christian Star Wars fans. We can help each other out in problems ranging from spiritual issues to finding that danged Dooku figure!:)

If the presence of this thread offends you, then by all means you don't have to read it. And if it bothers you that badly then feel free to start your own "Anti-Christian Collector's Club." We won't stop you.

I personally don't think we will need a moderator for this section, if the Jesus Loves You thread is any indication. Hopefully things can proceed civily and it won't come to that.

With that said, down to business:

I live in Alamogordo, NM and the figures plentiful in my area are:
Kit Fisto
Super Battle Droid
Geonosian
Dexter
Clonetrooper
Zam Wesel (not preview)
Nikto Jedi
Jar Jar

I am having trouble finding Count Dooku and the Royal Guard. If any of you need the figures listed above, let me know and we can arrange for a one-for-one trade. If you don't see the figure you are looking for on my list then post a list of what you are looking for and I'll see what I can find.

Looking forward to meeting other Christians here. BTW, what's everyone's favorite figure so far? I pick Hangar Duel Anakin.

Dryanta
04-27-2002, 02:50 PM
Hey BigB,
Collection one is everywhere here.Here BTW is smack in the middle of Maine.Just outside the capital.Geonosians,Dexter,HD anakin,Dooku,Sae sae Tinn,Tuan We .Luminara,And royal gurads are hard to come by.I'll keep my eyes open just the same.
I have all but just not all here(lay a way).
My favorite so far is Dexter.Alot of figure for the money.Detail is good,neutral pose,and the electro thing comes off his clever nicely.

bigbarada
04-27-2002, 09:20 PM
Dexter is really awesome and he was the only figure I walked out of MM with. I got HD Anakin later that afternoon. I saw Yoda who I really liked; but after I bought him my brother laid a huge guilt trip on me about how much he wanted him so I made a trade. I still need to get another Yoda and Dooku (who I have never seen, but assume are being bought up by scalpers:mad: ). The Royal Guards are pretty nice; but I will probably only get two of them. I might wait until Chancellor Palpatine comes out first.

Dryanta
04-27-2002, 09:28 PM
The only Dexter,Taun we and dooku I've seen were at walmart at 12:01 tuesday morning.They had just enough for the four of us there.I got the only Tuan we.Be patient they'll be everywhere soon enough.They only had one of each of the 12" too.I got the only Ani and Obi wan.I only buy the Anakins and obi wans to Have like a time line set up once they're all out.I have a few others but only ones I really liked.Or just Characters that I like.

Jason B
04-27-2002, 09:50 PM
I'm not sure what to say, so I'll just say a little bit about myself.
First, I'm not really that much of a collector. i like the figures and all, but I just don't really have the intrest or the funds. ;) I love the movies, but the Figs don't do anything for me. there are a few that i would like to have, and I probably will end up getting at some point in time.
Fav fig as of now? probably Luminara. not sure why, she just looks cool.
I'm 17, and I live in Maine, Dryanta's my uncle.
Religion-wise, I am a Christian, and i was saved very recently (day before Easter this year).
i look foward to everyone's replies here. :) :)

bigbarada
04-28-2002, 12:21 AM
Welcome Jason B! I guess I should tell a little more about myself. I'm 28, going to be 29 on May 16th. My dad is an ordained Baptist Preacher so I grew up with a strong belief in God and the Bible. I was saved in 1981 at the age of 7. I joined the Army in 1991 as a radio mechanic and just finished my enlistment last month. So now I am a civilian who is looking for a way to do God's work with my art. (I have been drawing as a hobby since high school)

While I was in the Army, I strayed quite a bit from God's Word (we'll leave it at that for now); but since I've been out I've rededicated my life to Jesus and the rest is history.

Hey, Dryanta, I'm working on a similar "timeline" idea with Anakin. I'm using both 3 3/4" and 12" figures. I was only mildly interested in SW as a kid; but Darth Vader's redemption in ROTJ impacted me quite a bit when I was 10 and I have been fascinated with the character ever since.

So who's your favorite Star Wars character? Vader/Anakin takes the top spot for me with Chewbacca and Artoo tying for second.

darthdogg
04-28-2002, 12:39 AM
whats the story with the backrounds...walmart had none but toyrus had mostly figure with backrounds (today-saturday)-also found a female tusken with the child side ways - all the others had the child facing front like every other figure ??anyone else see any of these??

darthdogg

bigbarada
04-28-2002, 12:56 AM
The first few shipments of Ep2 figures had the backgrounds, but Hasbro decided they really didn't add much so they stopped making them. Maybe in the far future they will command a whole dollar or two more on the secondary market but I wouldn't worry too much about them.

I have never seen the Tusken child sideways, it may just be an error and unique to the one you saw.

darthdogg
04-28-2002, 01:13 AM
thankyou bigbarda-

odd though that 90 % of what i saw today at toys are us all had the backrounds???

Dryanta
04-28-2002, 01:23 AM
Hey darthdogg,
I've seen a even number of both.It just depends on when the cases were shipped from asia.The first csaes out the door had backgrounds.The newer one do not. After a while they will all be without.The stores had a few monthes to get orders and re-orders in so the running product change seems much more obvious.The tuscan child may have also been shaken loose in the bubble.It's not the first time I've heard of a figure being screwey in the bubble.

mylow thehutt
04-28-2002, 01:38 PM
Wuz up,sorry i'm late but i was at my grandparents for the weekend.any way i'm here.

bigbarada
04-28-2002, 02:30 PM
What's up Mylow? I haven't seen you around the boards that much recently. How's it going? Did you pick anything up at MM?

I noticed from your avatars that you are a Digimon fan, I used to really like the original Pokemon game and I'm not sure which came first Digimon or Pokemon. Is Digimon really better than Pokemon or are they pretty much the same?

mylow thehutt
04-28-2002, 02:44 PM
well Big B digimon did come first,in the USA anyway, they were based on thoes digital pets,the tomagotchy things(sp).and i think digimon is better because it's more for older kids.while Poke'mon is for younger kids.

mylow thehutt
04-28-2002, 04:31 PM
any 0ne else joineing.

bigbarada
04-28-2002, 05:16 PM
I have noticed that the Digimon creatures tend to look a little cooler than the Pokemon ones.

Not sure who else is going to stop by, I'd assume JangoFett96, JesusFreak and Bosskman got Dryanta's PM about this place. Oh well, time will tell.

mylow thehutt
04-28-2002, 05:20 PM
;)

Dryanta
04-28-2002, 07:31 PM
Hey Mylow,
Sorry I missed you.I was working on an epic over on that other thread ;) JEDIpartnr will be around during the week and less at night and the weekends.If I understood him right.Jango Fett96 is moving this weekend and will around more once that's done.Jesusfreak also said he'd be around.
bosskman hasn't responded to any P.M.s so I don't know.Maybe he did'nt get them but message tracking says they're there just unread.Maybe he'll show up.I hope so.Jedi dan also mentioned he may stop in at some point.Not bad for a first showing really.

bigbarada
04-28-2002, 08:26 PM
Y'know I am beginning to suspect that JesusFreak has another name on these boards and was just testing the waters with his "Jesus Loves You" thread. This way if he turned out to be ridiculed he could go back to his original name and no one would be the wiser. But that's probably just my suspicious nature.;)

I read your latest epic and I must say that I agree with most everything you've been saying, Dryanta. I think the only time I didn't share your opinion about something was with Sithdroid's midichlorian question. I can see why you don't like them though, I'm just sorry my answer gave stillakid more ammunition.

Dryanta
04-28-2002, 08:39 PM
I have agreed with everything you've said as well.Must be the common brainwashing we've both been though.Or maybe it's because the Bible is really so plain it's hard to read it and disagree.;) I think I might be able to over look the Midi thing:0
Interesting idea on Jesusfreak.Hmmm...Stillakid maybe?lol
I went running around today looking for Dooku and a Royal guard for you.No luck.But I did manage to get one of the Kmart scratch ticket things.I can use it to get a free basic lightsaber when I buy two basic figures.
So if I get a chance to get the figs. before you do I'll either send the saber with them or keep it and I'll"credit" you the $5.99 off the price of the figures.That's up to you.I have everything right now and wouldn't benefit from the coupon any way so can if you'd like.
Don't worry about sending money.Just keep track and I'll get it from you when you get a chance to help me out later.Deal?
I trust you without reservation.I'll keep checking and let me know if you get them in the mean time.
Any one else need anything?I'll give it a whirl.The deal I offered BigB will apply to some but not all.Sorry I just needed to give you fair warning.I'll get anything for anybody.Finances allowing.But I'd need it back plus actual shipping right off.Sorry.Just ask and I'll see what I can do.

bigbarada
04-29-2002, 03:10 AM
Thanks, that's very generous of you. I'm supposed to be getting some money in the mail tomorrow or the next day and I'll go figure shopping after that. If I find Dooku or RG I'll let you know.

BTW, have the new Bespin Luke and Vader been showing up in your area? I've heard they are not coming out until later next month; but I've also heard some people claim to be finding them. Just curious right now.

So what else does everyone collect aside from Star Wars? I'm turning into a .... gasp!....... NASCAR fan! I also like D&D and LOTR a lot, as is evidenced by my drawings.

Jedi Teacher
04-29-2002, 09:09 AM
Sorry I'm late everybody!! I don't get the chance to post as often as I'd like. Anyway, a little about me: I'm 24 (25 soon!) & from the Chicago area. I was officially saved when I was in like 3rd grade, but I really didn't understand any of it. It wasn't until high school (and really, the divorce of my parents) that I began to really understand Christianity and experience God in my life.

In my area, I've seen tons of collection 1. I have been able to find every figure except Dooku at my local TRU or Target. I picked up 2 Dookus this weekend at a local toy show. Somebody tried to sell them for $30 bucks each, but I found another stand where someone was selling them for $15 bucks each. It's a little more than I would have liked to spend, but I really like the figure. Also, I don't need to rush from store to store for a couple weeks!

I like Dryanta's idea of sharing struggles/victories/prayer requests.

Hope to hear from more people soon!

Dryanta
04-29-2002, 09:29 AM
No luke or Vaders here.I read somewhere on here late May.From Hasbro's standpoint it seems to make sense.Sell as many as they can.Kids should be good and interested by then.And I also read something about the haveing similar"gimicks" as the collection 1 AOTC toys.Seems again to be aimed at kids.Btw I don't really mind the gimmcks.The only ones I don't like are ones that really make the figures look all loose jointed.And I hardly ever buy DLX figs.

JetsAndHeels
04-29-2002, 01:37 PM
Hi everybody, sorry I am late. Just wanted to get in on the fun here. Glad to see this club has started. Its a good feeling to know there are other fellow believers on here as well as fellow Star Wars fans. Well here is a little about myself:
I am 24 years old, single, and I live just outside of Raleigh, NC. I have been saved since the age of 6. My father is a minister and has a church right down the road from here. Glad to say I was brought up in a Christian home all my life. I can never repay my parents for all they have given me. God has truly blessed me and I praise Him for that.
I have been a SW fan all my life. Was born in 78 so dont really remember ANH too well, but I do remember seeing ESB and ROTJ in the theater. Had all the figures and stuff, but most of them got torn up or lost. I did manage to save a few so I am lucky in that.
Got back into collecting when the figures came back out in 95 and I havent looked back since. Ive spent tremendous amounts of money on anything and everything SW related. It got to the point of obsession when in the summer of 98 I got a SW tattoo. My parents freaked, but what could they do? Ever since then I knew this was more than just a fad for me-it was a way of life.
As far as the AOTC stuff I picked up last week, I got all the basic figures (including Dooku), all 4 deluxe figs, 12 inch Anakin, Slave I, Jedi Starfighter, Anakins/Zams speeders, and Dooku/Anakin electronic sabers. I also bought the soundtrack (Jango cover), the visual dictionary, and the novel. Alot of money spent!! Cant wait on the movie. My local theater is already selling tickets, so I will be going by there today right after work.
Glad to be part of this club!!

Dryanta
04-29-2002, 01:55 PM
Hey jango!! glad you could make it.Thanks for your history.This is going to be a very good thing for everyone.I would have never guessed it would get as many views.I think the majority are just curious but there maybe is more interest than we know about.All are welcome.

JetsAndHeels
04-29-2002, 02:06 PM
I am glad to be here Dryanta. I know we are friends on here anyway, but this Christian Collectors' forum will help us take it one step closer you know. We get to know each other on another level, not just SW related.
I am excited about what will happen here!!

bigbarada
04-29-2002, 05:00 PM
What's up, Jango? I think many people are a little curious about this thread and probably expect some chanting or something to be going on in here.

It was the same way when I was playing D&D in the Army, people would think that we were worshiping the devil and try to put a stop to it, when all we were doing was sitting around a pool table playing the game. We would get hassled for that more than the drunkards who were breaking bottles on the floor or running around the halls screaming.

JetsAndHeels
04-30-2002, 09:14 AM
How are you BB? Glad to be a part of this group here. I know people are probably a little curious as to what is going on here. I think once we get going a little bit more people will start to join (hopefully). Its good to discuss SW and our faith on here with fellow believers. Its like seeing SW through a different perspective.

Dryanta
04-30-2002, 10:28 AM
Morning Jango,
Hey i've got the chicken and goats,Did you bring the Knives and voodoo dolls?:rolleyes:

JetsAndHeels
04-30-2002, 12:54 PM
I got everything we need, Dryanta!!
Let the craziness begin!!

bigbarada
04-30-2002, 08:59 PM
Jeepers! I went back to the Jesus Loves You thread and there's like two whole pages of new essays! I made a couple of comments; but am too tired to really think straight so I will try to catch up another day.

Dryanta
04-30-2002, 09:15 PM
yep.today was a real bear.It's better not to go into these thing already tired.Be well rested because you'll get tired again soon enough.Way to much information pumped through this head for one day.He came through like a champ:)

bigbarada
05-01-2002, 03:04 AM
Went through some of it and posted some more info in answer to some of SithDroid's questions; but then Tycho jumps on with a totally mocking post. I'm going to have to step back from the discussion for a while to let my anger settle down.

bigbarada
05-01-2002, 04:45 AM
Well, I couldn't take Tycho's snide arrogance any longer and so I posted a response to his latest drivel. I usually try to respect people's opinions; but he is not arguing his opinion. He's just making stuff up for the sake of arguing. That irks me so bad, because what is the point of that? Aside from trying to impress people with your "vast knowledge?"

Sorry, just had to come here to vent a little.

Jason B
05-01-2002, 07:20 AM
yeah, I don't fully undertsnad why he did that either. like i said, i never thought that it would be a moderator that would turn this thread the wrong way. :(

JetsAndHeels
05-01-2002, 09:20 AM
Tycho is just being obnoxious. I am just ignoring him anyway.
I have tried to answer Stillakid's questions the best I can, yet he is acting the same way.
I am not shocked though. We stand firm on our beliefs and I am very proud to be a part of this group.
Thanks everyone!!

Dryanta
05-01-2002, 09:49 AM
Morning guys.I was at THE "thread" already this morning.lolI'm just waiting at this point for the little ones movie to be over so I can get them in the bath.Oh what fun.I really have decided to change gears so to speak in the thread over there.No one is going to change any ones elses mind.So I think I'll try and handle it as "point counter point" type of thing.Make any sense.I think everyone there already knows how and what I believe so if we can get beyond all the bitterness that comes from perseved threats or judgement then we should be able to discuss anything right?I kinda touched on this in a post there.
Anywho,I said it there and I'll say it here,I'm there for them not me or God.And the the person that just poped in last night is a good sign to me I'm headed in the right direction.If one pops up there maybe others hearing what's being said.Anyway All's well with everyone I hope.Everythings good here.I've had so much information comeing in a out the last week or so that I haven't slept very well.It's worth it.
So any new finds? none here sadly.Still have over half my stuff on lay-a way.Oh well I'll get it soon enough.
And if any of you have any input on how I've said anything or what I've said please let me know.I don't want to come across as a know it all,because I sure don't.

JetsAndHeels
05-01-2002, 10:51 AM
Dryanta,
I applaud what is going on here. Like I said in my previous post, I am very proud to be a member here. We are always going to encounter opposition to our beliefs, but it is upto us how we react. I am very proud of how everyone on here has responded to some of the posts. A few of them have gotten out of hand and been a little insulting, yet we have maintained and kept the faith. That's what it's all about.
As far as new Star Wars finds, I have all the basic figures for now, so I am not really toy hunting as much. However yesterday I did stop by K Mart to get one of those game cards. When the cashier rang me up I asked her if I could choose the card I got (I wanted Jango). She got 4 of them (Anakin, Padme, 3po, Obi Wan) and just stuck all of them in my bag!! I was so happy!!
So even though that is not much, that was my latest find.

bigbarada
05-01-2002, 01:48 PM
The arguments in "the thread" are really just going around in circles and no one is convincing anyone of anything. I'm afraid the sheer length of it will scare off any visitor. I'm starting to feel that everything that needed to be said has been said, hanging around any more to answer ill-thought-out questions isn't going to help anyone. I want to withdraw from the discussion; but not in such a way that the "other side" thinks I am conceding to their point of view or that they have stumped me.

Dryanta, if you'll notice on my post about "no one on this earth being without sin," I put a little asterisk after it with a footnote at the bottom saying "except for Jesus." I had to edit it in later (I WAS very tired) so you might have read the post while I was editing it. Good catch though.:)

Grif
05-01-2002, 05:10 PM
Glad that this thing is up and running. With that said I must say everywhere in Wally World you see these figures. So if anyone wants me to pick up a figure for an exchange of something that I desire than I might be able to do it.

Dryanta
05-01-2002, 06:50 PM
hey grif,
glad you could make it.
Keep your head down is all.
Hey BigB sorry about that,I was tired too and posted that and went back and read it again and saw that.Sorry man.Anyway I'm still gonna stick it out awhile.A couple of people has said they'd be back with a few more things,so I said I'd be there and i will.I have to agree though that the sheer size at this point could be a major turn off for some.
we'll see how it goes.But everyone is really running around in a circle with each other.LoL hey it's been fun.
Anyway Grif,thanks but I'm all set for stuff right now.If your walmarts are full you must be all set too? anyhting you need or want just yell.

bigbarada
05-01-2002, 11:29 PM
No problem Dryanta, I'm going to stay out of that thread for the foreseeable future; I'm just tired of repeating myself and I need to do some more studying of my Bible before I can post any new info.

I'm still waiting for a check to arrive in the mail for some stuff I sold, hopefully tomorrow. Unfortunately I can't pay my internet bill without that money, so if I vanish for a little while you'll know what happened.

Also, there is a big forest fire just two towns north of where I live and the entire town of Mayhill has already been evacuated. They are all being relocated to Cloudcroft which is just over the mountains from me. So far the fire is not coming this way but it is completely out of control and has already jumped two highways. So keep the people here in New Mexico in your prayers. A lot of homes have already been destroyed.

JetsAndHeels
05-02-2002, 01:04 PM
We will remember that in our prayers, BigB.
God Bless.

bigbarada
05-02-2002, 08:40 PM
Thanks, Jango. Some good news for the firefighters today, the high winds that were expected to push the fire further south, shifted and pushed the fire back in the direction it had already burned. So it is pretty close to being under control now. Thank God for that. One sad note though, an older man started this fire accidentaly with a lit cigarette, after finding out it had destroyed several homes and 1100 acres of forest, he felt so bad that he killed himself this morning.:(

Did anyone get a chance to watch Good Morning America this morning? They had a little tour of Skywalker ranch and an interview with Lucas. Pretty cool.

Dryanta
05-02-2002, 08:48 PM
Glad to hear things may be under control BigB.A real shame about the guy though.really a waste.
I haven't watched any T.V. at all.Weather has been bad and haven't been able to get squat on the rabbit ears.

JetsAndHeels
05-03-2002, 10:45 AM
Glad to hear its under control, BigB. A shame about that man killing himself. Always sad.
Didnt see GMA but did notice on MTV this morning that Star Wars is getting more attention than Spider Man. They asked celebrities which film they looked forward to the most. People like Ben Affleck, Sam Jackson (surprise), and Colin Hanks said Star Wars. Of course Spider Man will be good, but it looks like people are pumped for SW.

bigbarada
05-03-2002, 01:22 PM
Spider-Man should be a really cool movie; but I think people still have a bad taste in their mouth from crap like Batman & Robin, Steel and all the other horribly bad comic book movies. Hopefully Spider-Man can change people's opinions about these kinds of movies. I've been waiting for a Spider-Man flick since I was a Junior in high school, way back in 1989. Then it was rumored that the guy who directed Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure would make it.

I think the latest Ep2 trailer is responsible for getting people who didn't like Ep1 excited about Star Wars again.

I'm going to go and see Spider-Man today and I'll let you guys know what I thought of it. I'm expecting it to be at least as good as X-Men (which wasn't all that great), I don't see how it can be worse.

Still no luck on the Dookus or Royal Guards down here. (or Taun We, or the TIE Bomber, or the Reek, or Anakin's Speeder, or Zam's Speeder, or Luminara, or.....:mad: )

JetsAndHeels
05-03-2002, 01:29 PM
I am going to see Spider Man tonight also. I am really looking forward to it. It looks great. The last big movie before AOTC.

bigbarada
05-03-2002, 01:42 PM
I'm going to try to make the matinee showing, which is in about 5 hours. I'm excited already! So many big movies coming out so close together, it's like we are in the early 80s again.:cool:

So, how're things going in the Jesus Loves You thread, Dryanta? Last I checked there were at least fifty new posts that I hadn't read yet.:eek: It's going to take me a while to catch up on that one.

Dryanta
05-03-2002, 04:01 PM
How's the thread going?It's going.LOL
Actually very well.
You need a Tie Bomber Big B?TMK and I'll check if the wally world here still has some.First of the week they still had a couple there.You open?If you do then do I need to worry about the package?Well all's alright here.Had an interesting conversation today.Family matters.Interesting indeed.Might get more so.Please throw one up for me on this issue.
Thanks Guy's and I just checked the Kmart for dooku and RG again.No luck sorry.

bigbarada
05-03-2002, 04:56 PM
While the TIE Bomber would be nice, there is just no way I can afford it right now, so I guess it is best that I haven't seen it yet. Same with the vehicles and Reek. I'm annoyed that they are nowhere to be found; but it's really a moot point as I couldn't buy any if I found them anyway.:frus: Thanks for the offer though.

Right now any future purchases of mine are kind of in limbo, being unemployed and all. I'm thinking of going to college so I can cash in on my GI Bill and get a little bit of money. So if you find any of the figures I am looking for, be aware that I don't have a job right now so my ability to pay you back will be iffy at best.

Dryanta
05-03-2002, 06:25 PM
Hey BigB.
Please refer to previous post.Jeez to I have to repeat everything here too!!!???;)
Don't worry about it.:)
College might be a good thing.Never went.Barely finished the ninth grade.I do have my GED but that doesn't count for much.
I really don't know where I'll be sent from here.I can't do anything that I used to for work.Not right now anyway,kinda in holding myself.Good place to be sometimes.Good for centering and such.And evidently good for making friends.

bigbarada
05-03-2002, 08:43 PM
This is true, especially about the friendship thing. I do remember what you said and I might take you up on your offer for a figure or two; but a $30 vehicle I just wouldn't feel right about. Consider what I said above more of a disclaimer than anything else. I'm out of a job (I would've had employment sooner but I lost my birth certificate and you can't get a job this close to the Mexico border without it, especially if you have dark hair and eyes) and am in the middle of declaring bankruptcy, just so you know. But if you do pick up a couple of figs for me I will make paying you back my first priority.

Right now, if you happen across two Dookus (one for me, one for my brother, who will lay the "guilt trip to end all guilt trips" on me if I get one before him and won't leave me alone until I trade it to him) or one Dooku and one Royal Guard that would be great. Again, thanks.

Things aren't all bleak for me though. A video game designer from Canada (Montreal or Ontario, I don't really remember right at this moment) saw my drawings on Elfwood and asked about my plans for the future and wanted a copy of my resume', so I'm praying really hard that God's Will be done in that matter.

Dryanta
05-03-2002, 09:24 PM
well Bud I'm doing the same then.His will is the best you can do.
I'm still gonna check on a tie bomber.Don't even try robbing me of a chance to bless a brother!!Man, tick me off!!!;)
i'll also keep an eye out for two Dookus and a royal guard(2?).You need another Yoda too right?I'll have to back and check your post.
off topic a bit.Are you able to paint murals on Motorcyle tanks?If so I may have some work for you in the future.I'll see about a set of fat Bobs(oops maybe definition needed; Harley Tanks) later this summer and ship em to you if you're interested.LMK if you think you'd be interested a little later this year.Any way.I'll still be around this thread often so don't worry about that.I just need to focus more energy elsewhere and not on enormous posts.:).Check back with you all later.

Dryanta
05-04-2002, 01:06 PM
Hey BigB.
I think I found a solution to the Tie Bomber issue.I found one this morning and put it on laya way.that's 60 days.It is secure and no one else will get it in that time frame.So consider yourself the proud owner of a Tie bomber..You can figure out the hows of getting the $31.86 together and what ever the shipping is i'm not concerned about.I'll cover that .Give me a credit on future favors.Deal?It is secured and no one else will have it.Piece of mind that you didn't miss out.
And i'm not making you do anything you don't feel comfortable with.
And sorry i went to three stores today and one yesterday in two different towns and no Dookus or RG. Sorry i'm still checking.

bigbarada
05-04-2002, 07:16 PM
That's awesome! Thanks, I really do appreciate this.:cool:

Dryanta
05-04-2002, 07:34 PM
not a problem at all.Anytime,anywhere!!!Any more finds anyone?Bespin wave? Mace and Jango?Nothing here yet.
Hey Bigb how was Spiderman in your opinion?
The speeders are everywhere btw.Let me know If i can help

bigbarada
05-04-2002, 09:40 PM
I didn't go see it last night since the fire (which has destroyed over 15,000 acres thus far) kept knocking out all the power in town. So I figured I would wait until next week to prevent being in a crowded theater when all the power goes out. The fire is about 50% contained at this point so here's hoping it'll be completely under control in a few days.

I wanted Anakin's speeder; but am not sure if it can survive in this dry climate. The super-soft rubber on my LOTR Cave Troll's face is dryrotting and falling off, and I'm afraid the same will happen with the speeder's front end. I'll think I'll pass for now.

However, if you can get ahold of the Reek, I'd love to have that guy. I want to eventually get all of the Arena beasts; but none of the stores in my area ordered him since they were afraid of a repeat of the Ep1 Opie and Kaadu mess. Just let me know what my tab is turning into. Thanks, bro! :cool:

Jason B
05-04-2002, 10:07 PM
what are your opinions on the Rapture? as in...when will it occur? :)
i have talked about it with my Uncle, but i just wanted to see some other's opinions on how far off it is.

also, do you have any advice on how to get started on witnessing people? I'm in high school, and i dont know how to get started, or whatever. do i just say "I'm a Christian," and then just start handing out tracts, or what?

I appreciate all of the advice that you can give me. :cool:

bigbarada
05-04-2002, 11:38 PM
According to my dad it will be anyday now; but I'm not so sure. The situation in the world will probably get a lot worse before we are called home. My mom thinks it will be within the next couple of years. I gave up on trying to guesstimate on it, so I figure the best thing to do is just to live your life for God and when it comes there's more of a chance you'll be doing the right thing when you are taken home. I can't imagine how bad I would feel if I was doing something stupid, like watching a porno movie, when the rapture takes place.

I think the best thing for us Christians to do is live by example. People at work and school will know that you have your life together and will sense the Holy Spirit in you if you stay close to God. Don't hide the fact that you are a Christian; but don't shove it in people's faces either. If that person can be helped by you then God will send them your way. However, everyone has a different ministry and mission designated by God. I've been saved for over 20 years and I still am not sure what mine is. I'm suspecting it has something to do with comic books or artwork in general. Patience and living according to God's Word is the best advice I can give.

Dryanta
05-05-2002, 05:42 PM
I will defer to you all for comments to Jason B.I'll pie in later if you all would like.
Quick change of topic.Big B I got you a Reek today.At Kmart,I little more than I had told you before.$16.79.
It'll be close to the end of the week before I can ship him so Pm your address and such before lets say Thursday and I'll send him on his way.I'll send you a couple of the Kmart scatch coupons, I've got two for you..One for buy Star wars life game get a $3 puzzle free and a $2 off any Legos.May be you or brother could use them.I'll send the cards too,I don't need them maybe you'd like them.
O.K. I've got at least one more post to put up over at THE thread and then we'll see from there.Be another day probably before it's ready any way.Well the Massif,Qui Gon,Orn Free Ta and one other have been released too.Any luck?

bigbarada
05-05-2002, 06:19 PM
Cool, thanks Dryanta! I'll send you my address here in a minute.

Jason B, I talked to my dad about your question about how to witness to people. His basic answer was, "wait." The best thing for you to do right now is study your Bible and try to learn as much about it and Jesus' message as you can. If you go out witnessing to people without truly knowing the Bible, you can end up doing more harm than good. I know from experience the sadness that comes from knowing that you turned someone away from God because of inexperience and lack of knowledge. I think I remember hearing that after Paul's conversion, it took three years of preparation before God was able to use him effectively. God would rather you take your time and win over a few people, than to jump in guns half-cocked and turn away scores of people.

BTW, Dryanta, I was in an avatar making mood this morning and I made a Chewbacca avatar I wondered if you might like. I'll PM it to you when I send my address. Don't worry, if you don't like it you don't have to use it. I spent like two minutes making it, so you're not going to hurt my feelings.

bigbarada
05-05-2002, 06:45 PM
Didn't know you couldn't send pictures through Pms. :frus: Anyway, here it is:

(anybody else want to get an avatar made, let me know what character you want. It all depends on how many good pictures I can find)

Dryanta
05-05-2002, 07:56 PM
Awesome thanks BigB.Couldn't be happier.
Thanks for the updated list as well.I'll print it off and keep it with me.Your list is identical to mine except for things I've already managed to get.But I'll keep it with me and update it as needed.

bigbarada
05-05-2002, 08:05 PM
Cool, glad you like it. I made about 4 Barada avatars, I figure I'll rotate through them every couple weeks or so.

Jason B
05-05-2002, 08:08 PM
ok, thx for the help on that. i really do need to read my Bible more and pray.

speaking of avatars, i need to get one for me. I'd like to have it animated, but not with flash. do you happen to know what the max size for AIM buddy icons are? i'd like to have the one here, at Serious Sam (http://www.seriouscommunity.com/), Tbreak (http://www.tbreak.com/forums/), RFHQ (http://www.rfhq.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi), and my AIM one be all the same.

bigbarada
05-05-2002, 08:19 PM
"animated?" "flash?" Uh, I should've mentioned that I'm not all that up to speed on the computer stuff; but I can 'cut & paste' like a champ!:) So if you want an avatar that just sits there and doesn't do anything, then I'm your guy!

Maybe Grif knows something about animated avatars, since his moves and stuff; I'd PM him for that info.

Sorry, I wasn't clear about my expertise, or lack thereof.:cool:

Jason B
05-05-2002, 08:45 PM
i'd appreciate it.
animated files come in two basic formats that i know of. a .gif is an image file. it doesn't need any special players or anything like that. a Flash file is something like what's found on Shockwave.com (http://www.shockwave.com), only it uses a different player. you need the player to view the files, but it isn't supported in all browser's, or OS's. sorry for the confusion. :)

bigbarada
05-05-2002, 08:48 PM
So, how do you make a .gif move?

Jason B
05-05-2002, 08:58 PM
i have absolutley no idea. :D
i know that you can't do it in Photoshop, or Paint. you do it in Ulead Gif animator. Jargo knows how to do it, he'd probably tell you how to. I'm pretty sure that you have to draw out all of the frames and put them together. or something. :) I'll figure it out at some point in time.

Jason B
05-05-2002, 09:59 PM
BigB, here you go. (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=77517#post77517) Jargo explains how he makes his avatars. and Dryanta, your Chewie is half done. :happy:

JetsAndHeels
05-06-2002, 11:35 AM
Hey BigB, do you have any Jango avatars? I think I have run through all of mine. Ive used each of them at least twice so I need something new.
No luck on new AOTC figs here. Only thing I have found is the TIE Bomber.

Dryanta
05-06-2002, 02:43 PM
hey Jango,Did I read in another post you wanted a few R3 T7s?
I came across a few today and can go get the at the end of the week if you need them.
BigB.Searched a TRU a Target and two walmarts.No luck.Question?Did you get Fx-7? found a few of him as well.
I have seen everything except Dooku,taun we,RG, and Yoda.
Now I have request of you all.I need to find the Playschool sets and have them here By the 21st of this month.My littlest wants them and I can't find them anywhere.Can anyone here help?

JetsAndHeels
05-06-2002, 03:44 PM
Dyranta,
No I dont need any R3-T7's. I have 2 of them. Thanks for the offer though.
As far as the Playskool sets, I havent seen them either. TRU and Wal Mart here have advertised them, but I have yet to see them in the stores here. I will be going out a little later tonight and tomorrow. If I see any I will let you know.

Dryanta
05-06-2002, 04:07 PM
Cool thanks.I saw someone's post and remembered wrong.I saw about 5 today and thought of you.Glad i asked before I bought them

JetsAndHeels
05-06-2002, 04:32 PM
Awww, you thought of me??
How sweet!!
LOL

Dryanta
05-06-2002, 04:34 PM
knock it off,or it won't happen again:)

JetsAndHeels
05-06-2002, 04:42 PM
Yes sir!!
(At this point Jango considers himself warned).

Dryanta
05-06-2002, 06:13 PM
the one of the only two TRU's here in Maine told me they haven't had any yet.What gives with that?You'd think they would have had at least a couple by now.

bigbarada
05-06-2002, 08:06 PM
The only Playskool set that I saw today while at K-Mart was the Endor one. If you want that one I'll see if I can borrow the money from my brother for it. Every set was here not even a week ago; but they are now completely sold out.

I've already got two FX-7's and most of the last POTJ figures.

I'll see what I can do about a Jango avatar, Jango. I'll see what new and interesting pics of him I can dig up, cuz I'm pretty sure you've seen most of them. Jason B, thanks for that info!

Dryanta
05-06-2002, 08:16 PM
Thanks Bigb. hang on to what you have for now.If it gets to close to the 21st i may take you up on it.Did you see the Stompin Wampa?I've seen the Naboo fighter and X wing but that was it.My wife went to get them and they were gone.I almost picked up an Fx 7 knowing alot of people had a hard time finding them.Glad I didn't now:)
I should be shipping your reek Thursday.Had to dump some money into the auto today and it set me back enough so it'll be thursday before I can send him on his way.I'l continue to check around and try and ship as much as I can all at once.
I also saw the 12" mace Windu today.Not all that bad.I may need to get him later.Also BTW At Sts at the same tru.Any needs?Did you get one BB or Jango?I may try to head back down that way Saturday if some one needs one.I might have to do a Lay a way but at least you'd have one.
Also Amanamans and Cannon Leias for $3.97 at the Target next door to the TRU.Again any needs?Any one?I saw a pile of Geonosians today too.They were everywhere down there.

JetsAndHeels
05-06-2002, 08:46 PM
BigB, dont worry about the avatar. Caesar hooked me up with some, like the new one I have now.
Dryanta, I have seen the 12 inch Mace, but I am not really all that impressed. It seems no different than the EP1 Mace that TRU put out, so I passed on it. I am waiting on the Jango and Zam Wessel.

Dryanta
05-06-2002, 08:51 PM
O.K.you all set on the AtSt?I never got to see the episode 1 Mace.I'd have one if I did.:)
Hey Jango,did you read Jason B's request for advice?Just curious.
Three times on the 16th???!!!Holy cow man.It's my wifes birthday(and Bigb's BTW) so I'm going to take her and jason to the movie get rid of him go out with mamma and come home to an empty house!!!All four kids gone for the night.Doesn't get any better!!!!

JetsAndHeels
05-06-2002, 10:10 PM
Yes, I have an AT-ST. What advice for Jason was that Dryanta?
BTW, I know 3 times is alot for one day, but I just cant help it. I cant think of anything better to be doing on the 16th than watching the new SW movie. Its going to be so great.

Dryanta
05-06-2002, 10:19 PM
Post 59 Jango.A fellow forumite just Pmed me and said my jorj sacul is on the way.$13.50.Not bad.Dr evazan 22.real good guy.Never be afraid to deal with him.stand up guy.Anyhting you are looking for Jango? Let me know if I might be able to help.the rest of you guys as well.

JetsAndHeels
05-06-2002, 10:23 PM
Well it isnt new, but I have always wanted a commtech stormtrooper. Do you have any?

bigbarada
05-06-2002, 11:46 PM
Oops, I gave my brother my last two CTC Stormtroopers so he could chop them up for some Jedi diorama he is working on. He yanked the leg off one and cut the arm off another.:eek::(

Anybody need a CTC Artoo/w holo Leia or Vader? I'd be willing to trade them one for one for AOTC figures on my want list.

I'm good on the deluxe and all the old POTJ stuff. I have two AT-ST's from the POTF2 re-release and four speeder bikes, so I don't really need anymore. Thanks for asking.

BTW, Dryanta, have you found Luminara, HD Anakin or Geonosis Mace? My brother is looking everywhere for them along with Dooku. If you can find any or them, I would greatly appreciate it. It would also give me some trading leverage with my brother when some of the newer stuff comes out. This is all just turning into one giant balancing act.;)

That's cool about the avatar, Jango. I'll just keep my eyes peeled when I cruise around the net. If I happen to find anything that looks cool or unique, I'll send it your way.

JetsAndHeels
05-07-2002, 12:07 AM
Thanks BigB. I really appreciate it. I dont have the R2 w/holo Leia but I dont think I have any AOTC stuff you need.

Dryanta
05-07-2002, 09:16 AM
Cool on the at st saves me a 140 mile round trip.I have seen hd Anakins.The only Luminara is the one I got on the 23rd.Sorry,same with Yoda,Dooku,Tuan We and the royal guard.If I can manage to get something he needs then I'll trade for the R2,and have you ship it to Jango.I'm really not concerned with keeping track of it all.It'll all come out in the wash so to speak.I'll make the local rounds today and get back to you.If I can catch the toy manager at wal mart I think he'll check out back for me.He's a Nascar collector and really took good care of me on the 23rd.One of the other toy guys is a collector as well and he'd check for me too.I haven't seen either of them on my travels.
Still searching,just keep me up to date on any new finds so I can modify my list.
And I have not seen the new Mace yet.and the Ct stormtropoper I have is the one I got for myself.The only one I've ever seen BTW.Sorry guy.

JetsAndHeels
05-07-2002, 10:35 AM
Does BigB need a Luminara? I can get him one if he needs it.
Probably Taun We also and maybe a Royal Guard.

Dryanta
05-07-2002, 10:37 AM
I know he needs a Rg and Luminara.Cut out the middleman.Get your r2.Sound cool to me.

JetsAndHeels
05-07-2002, 10:43 AM
I can definately get him a Luminara, but I will need to check on the Royal Guard. I will get on that for him today.

Dryanta
05-07-2002, 10:53 AM
i know he'll really appreciate it.He 's looking for
2 dookus
Royal guard
Yoda
Vader Bespin
Massif
Orn free Taa
Palpatine
12" dooku
Luminara
HD Anakin
and Mace geonosian rescue.
That's the most current list I have from him.
I'm all set except for the Bespin and Qui Gon waves.
i also want to get a 12" dooku.
I usually don't have much trouble getting this but it may be different this time.

JetsAndHeels
05-07-2002, 10:58 AM
I will see what I can do today.

bigbarada
05-07-2002, 12:55 PM
Thanks guys, let me know what you find.

Let me see if my brother is willing to give up one of his loose Commtech Stormies (one with all his limbs intact :) ). Is loose alright, Jango? Hopefully he hasn't chopped them all up yet. :eek:

Did everyone get a clean Biker Scout? I've got one loose one that is untampered with.

Dryanta
05-07-2002, 01:24 PM
Got both clean and dirty BiB thanks.If any of you every come across a loose cane for Yoda with hair and pot let me know.Mine slipped into some kind of singularity or something.
i'm headed to wally world in about an hour and I'll get back.
Hey Mylow,Jedi teacher,everything good or what?Grif?Jedipartner?

JetsAndHeels
05-07-2002, 01:57 PM
No problem, BigB. I am going to check Wal Mart on my way to my old house this afternoon (still moving stuff).
A loose stormie is fine. I just never found one when they were released, so I have always wanted one. Dont take one from your brother if he wants to keep it though, I would feel bad if I made him miss out on one of his favorite figures.

Dryanta
05-07-2002, 03:14 PM
Hey BigB.It's a good day for you.I found one of the above mentioned guys at Wal mart.He went out back and brought out a sealed case.You now have 2 Dookus,1 HD Anakin,and a Yoda.None of the newest ones or Luminara.No Royal Guards either sorry.I'll chuck them in the same box with your Reek.
Still be Thursday before I ship them.Hope it helps.Scracth them off your lists guys.

JetsAndHeels
05-07-2002, 03:30 PM
And I can get you a Luminara, BigB. Looks like you are set for a while now.

bigbarada
05-07-2002, 03:58 PM
Awesome! Looks to be a good day. Hey, Jango, my brother has a carded CTC Stormie and a loose one that he is willing to trade. So I will leave it up to you if you want the CTC R2 holo Leia or the CTC Stormie for the Luminara. Even better I will send you the carded and loose Stormtrooper and the Artoo and if you can just keep your eyes peeled for the other figures that would be great.

Sound good to you? A lot of the Jedi figures are for my brother so he doesn't mind giving up his figures at all. PM me your address and I'll send you mine when I get home (I'm on my brother's computer).

Dryanta, my brother makes character busts of Star Wars figures (see the "Slave Leia Bust" thread in the Customizing forums for an idea of his work) and wanted to know if you would be interested in him making you a Chewie bust in return for some vehicles or a couple of the 12" Dookus? The bust would be about 5" to 6" tall, fully painted and one of a kind; LMK if you are interested.

Dryanta
05-07-2002, 05:42 PM
Interested?INTERESTED!!!!
I checked the thread out and Man you are one talented family.You both need to cash in on this big time.You both ought to be working for Hasbro.Man that would be sweet!!Do I get a certificate of authenticity?I'll need one.In the future no one will believe he did it.If you ever send me a drawing I'll need one form you TOO!!
You guys are gonna go places.What does he want for ships?I feel bad like I'd be short changing him.
What happens to my one of a kind when he starts making busts to be sold on the mass market?;)
Holy cow!!! guys! Can I pick the pose(?) ?The chewie from the poster they used for the 25th ann set is my all time favorite rendition of Chewie.Fur pushed back and fangs beared.
Man the thought really makes my day,really.Man oh man!!
What would he want for slightly larger one? How about a full body sculpture with his bow caster slung over his should and a storm trooper being held off the ground with one hand around his throat?!!Sorry getting carried away.This is exciting to me.Thanks BigB!!!

bigbarada
05-07-2002, 06:45 PM
He will do the 5" to 6" bust for 2 12" Dookus or one 12" Dooku and one Jedi Starfighter. If you want one the size of the Legends in Three Dimensions busts (10" to 12") then he will want 2 12" Dookus, another future release 12" (Ki-Adi or Plo Koon) and the Jedi Starfighter. It will take him 2-3 months to make this so you should have plenty of time to get the stuff for trade. Sound good? LMK soon so he can get started ASAP.

Jason B
05-07-2002, 07:20 PM
sounds like a deal to me. :D

Dryanta
05-07-2002, 07:33 PM
I gotta check with Mumma when she gets home around 9:30 OK?
This is awesome really

Dryanta
05-07-2002, 08:44 PM
Well I've been thinking and I think I'd better go with the 5" to 6"
12" can be really hard to come by around here.I don't want to enter into something I may not be able to live up to.I also want a 12" dooku and I maybe pushing it for two let alone three.I feel confident I'll be able to get at least one for your Brother.Jedi Starfighters are everywhere.So If I can't get two Dookus for him I'll have that to fall back on at least.
O.K. here goes;that's my final answer.
This really is awesome!! keep us posted with the progress.The other guys in the customs thread would really enjoy it too I think.Don't mention the final owner though.Great really great.
Have either of you submitted any of your work to Hasbro? I would if I were you two.
just curious,I know you weren't interested BigB,did any of the rest of us get or want to get ,a Jorj sacul figure?
I'd also like to get an idea I've had out to you all.What would you guys think of getting together for Cel3 or maybe MM in 2005?Times square maybe? someplace closer to the middle?I'd like to plan a trip to something like this and have like minded people to share it with.Bring my wife so you all can meet her(and me face to face).I don't know what do you all think.Yes i'll bring you too Jason. lol

Jason B
05-07-2002, 08:52 PM
sweet. :D

bigbarada
05-07-2002, 10:00 PM
Sounds like fun to me. Once I get a job, I'm planning on putting aside a little savings for Cel3; but it really depends on where they decide to have it. MM might be kind of cool to.

I'll let my brother know what you want and he can get started working on it pretty soon. I think this week or next week is finals week for him in college so he might not be able to start until the end of May.

JetsAndHeels
05-08-2002, 12:38 AM
Hey Dryanta,
Am I invited to our meeting? I wanna come, I wanna come!!

Dryanta
05-08-2002, 08:32 AM
Invited? of course!!!
I guess we need to start thinking about figuring the when and where.Cel3 might be the best bet,depending on where it'll be.Be awhile before we know I guess.Just an idea,I think we all could have a really good time.Anyone else?
And tell your Brother thanks a lot,and concentrate on his finals.
Hey Jango,did you find a Luminara for BigB?Just curious if I needed to cross anything off his list.
Also BigB,I rang a couple of bucks out of the old ATM card and I should be shipping your box this afternoon.It's all packed and ready to fly just need to put one more reciept in it for you and seal it.Sorry it won't be there for the weekend.Also keep your eyes peeled in the packing,there are three Kmart cards and coupons in there with the two reciepts.Hopefully you can use them.

JetsAndHeels
05-08-2002, 02:45 PM
Dryanta,
Yes, I did get BigB a Luminara so you can cross that off his checklist. I had no luck finding a RG but will keep my eyes peeled.
Thats a great idea about Cel3 and us meeting. I am pretty sure it will be close to the east coast this time so I will plan on going.

Dryanta
05-08-2002, 03:21 PM
cool jango,crossed off.And I'd very much like to go and meet up next year.
Bigb your package is on the way.2-3 day ,maybe saturday!!!Insured for $50 so if there's anything wrong let em know. Be back around a little later

bigbarada
05-08-2002, 03:48 PM
Great! Awesome! I'll mail off Jango's package tomorrow, since I am going out of town with my brother and his wife today. His wife is a surrogate mother for a couple from Japan. They're coming to America today to visit and see the first ultra-sounds. Hopefully we can squeeze in a trip to TRU before we have to be at the airport.

Did anyone else get an invitation to the May 12th charity screening of Ep2? I got one today; but they want $250 per adult and something like $150 per child. :eek: There's no way I can make that.

JetsAndHeels
05-08-2002, 03:55 PM
BigB, I will mail you Luminara and Taun We tomorrow. Thanks for all your help. I will keep an eye out for you.
Didnt get anything about that charity screening, but I couldnt go anyway.

Dryanta
05-08-2002, 03:57 PM
No invite here.If I got one that WOULD be charity!!LOL
Where you going? Check for figs.The next waves are showing up everywhere(Except where we are)
Be heading back over to THE thread Tomorrow too!!
Feel free to join in (PLEASE!PLEASE) :) I feel so alone!!!Lol

bigbarada
05-08-2002, 04:27 PM
I'm going to El Paso, TX which is notorious for having a crappy selection. I was hoping to have some time to go figure shopping but it isn't looking like it. We are supposed to leave at 3:00 PM to be at the airport by 4:30 (it takes over an hour to get there) and it is already 2:30 now. :( Maybe we'll have time after. I hope so, I wouldn't have agreed to go along if there was no chance for action figure shopping.:frus:

Dryanta
05-08-2002, 05:30 PM
Change your mind on going?
Surrogate mother.Man I give them all the credit in the world for that.I couldn't do it.There's lots of things I couldn't do,so there are extra special people out there to fill in the void left be poeple like me.That really is great.

bigbarada
05-09-2002, 02:23 AM
Just got back from El Paso, but didn't have a chance to do any figure shopping. It was still pretty cool to meet the Japanese family. None of them spoke English so we had to talk through a translator; but they did bow a whole lot. In fact I thought the wife's mother was going to throw out her back from bowing so much. Very nice people though.

Fortunately, the couple want to visit an American TRU since they heard that those stores have the best variety of baby stuff. So we will probably make a trip to the Las Cruces TRU on Friday and maybe go to the El Paso TRU before they go back on Sunday. So it looks like I will be able to do a little figure hunting this week after all. :)

Anybody check out the cool new TV Guide Star Wars covers? They are selling out quick over here. Our SuperWM only had one left in the entire store! There is supposed to be three covers I think; but the only one I've seen has a really awesome linticular animation picture of Vader and Ben from ANH and when you tilt the cover they change into Anakin and Obi-Wan from AOTC.

bigbarada
05-09-2002, 01:07 PM
Jango, I mailed your stuff off today. Priority Mail and insured for $50 (just say the carded figs are worth $20 each and the loose one is $10 ;) ). I put Delivery Confirmation on it, so if you want the tracking number, PM me and I will get it for you.

Dryanta
05-09-2002, 01:39 PM
I got all three TV guides this morning.Couldn't help it.Pretty cool.PAdme' and Ani kissing,Ani in multiple saber poses and the Vader/Ani Obi/ben one.

JetsAndHeels
05-09-2002, 02:55 PM
BigB, I have you a Luminara and Taun We that I will mail out tomorrow. I have a class today (last one) so I cant get it out today, but will do it tomorrow.
Dont worry about that tracking number. I am sure it will come just fine.
Thanks again!!

bigbarada
05-09-2002, 03:00 PM
Cool! Looks like this next week is going to be a great one: new action figures, new Star Wars movie; what more could you ask for?:)

Jason B
05-09-2002, 06:42 PM
tix for opening day. oh yeah, MY UNCLE HAS THEM!!! :p

edit: why does a different color alter size?

bigbarada
05-10-2002, 02:52 AM
Too bad the theater over here doesn't do presells on tickets.:mad: We just have to show up early on the 16th and hope not too many are interested in going on opening day.

Posted some passages of scripture in "the" thread. I've decided to take a different approach to stillakid and Tycho and any other skeptics. Ignore them. Hopefully they will soon realize that I am not there to discuss or argue, but simply to deliver a message.

My dad told me something that was a load off of my mind: It's not our job to convince them, just to deliver the message. If that person is open to God then the Holy Spirit will work with them. If that person has closed their heart completely, then there is nothing we can do except pray.

BTW, Dryanta, that was a good, heartfelt post. I felt my heart race as I read through it and I felt moved to post those scriptures. My hands were trembling so bad I had to retype everything at least twice. I've made it a habit of saying a little prayer before I hit the "submit reply" button. This way I leave what I said in the hands of God. Needless to say these last posts went through without a hitch. My previous "scientific" and "rationalization" posts would continuously get lost. So I guess if I stick with the Bible, there is no chance for misinterpretation.

Dryanta
05-10-2002, 01:29 PM
My points excatly BigB.I took a couple of hammer blows this morning over the thread.I'll post those there later.
Well I got good news and two bad news.
The good news.I got two Qui Gons,two Orn Free tas,one royal guard,two endor rebels,And 2 geonosian with massifs this morning.
1 of each for me,the second setor singles, is for a brother here.And the rG is BigB's as well.Now the bad news,They are all on layaway because after movie tickets I'm strapped.But they are secure.
The second bad news is no bespin Luke or Vader.Soon I think,my friends over there are on the look out and will call me when they show.O.K.?
Any body interested?I don't know when I get them from layaway but I'll mark them as accounted for just the same.And I will continue to keep my eyes peeled.
Now I need some help,I cannot come up with any of the playschool stuff.ZERO!!
My littlest is convinced that she is getting some.Help guys?!!!
I also recieved my Jorj Sacul today.It's O.K. not worth the hubbbub around it but OK none the less

bigbarada
05-10-2002, 09:05 PM
I should be getting my birthday money in soon (my birthday is on the 16th :cool: ) so I will see if I can pick you up a couple of Playskool sets, Dryanta.

I haven't been over to "the" thread yet; but I will check it out later to see what was said. I plan to leave it alone also.

Guess what? I found Orn Free Taa and the RG at Wal-Mart today; but I didn't have any money.:( However, my brother is taking his son up to Albuquerque to get dental work done on the 15th and said if they are still around when he gets back he will get them for my birthday. I will let you know if I get them; so that'll be two less items for you to buy.

The TIE Bombers finally showed up here too. I still can't afford one yet but they don't seem to be going anywhere fast. I can see if my brother will put one on layaway for me. ...Geez, this whole 'being constantly broke' thing is getting old fast.:mad: Once you put an item on layaway, you can change your mind and get your down payment back right? If not let me know and I'll go with the stuff you've got on hold.

Dryanta
05-10-2002, 09:11 PM
Getting the deposit back is no problem at all.I'll leave it all right where it is until you have them in your hands.Not going to hurt anything.
The playschool sets are driving me nuts.They are no where here.
Jedi tricks closed the Jesus thread.I unsubcribed from it earlier and noticed he had posted.I checked it out,and he closed it.Good idea really.That is also just another confirmation. My wifes birthday is the 16th too.I mentioned that already I think?I'll do it again:)

bigbarada
05-10-2002, 09:27 PM
Really? That's cool! Wish her a happy birthday for me then. :)

Yeah, I noticed the Jesus thread had been closed a couple minutes ago. JT is right, though, things were spiraling out of control.

Dryanta
05-10-2002, 09:37 PM
yeah pretty fast.
It went alot longer than I thought it would.There is no more a personal attack than that of the Holy Spirit.Or his opposite.Stirs up alot of things.Just like it supposed to.;)
I will be in serious prayer for Stillakid.Been burdened heavily with him and his.Today was a real wake up call.
I hope jedi teacher makes himself a regular over here.Seems to be a real decent person,and on the ball too.
And I sure will pass on the birthday greeting to her.She really,REALLY doesn't want to talk about it.Our oldest daughter is looking her right in the eye now and it's a bit of a strain on her.
A mans life really is just a wiff of smoke.
oldest turns 13 on 6/30.My littlest is three on 5/21.number 3 turns 5 on 9/27 and number 2 turns 11 on 11/4.Man oh man.
quiver full.;)My wife,4 girls,two female dogs and a female cat.
I wish you could see the lords sense of humor in this.As a matter of fact,I wish I could see the lords sense of humor in this!!LOL
serves me right,no doubt.lol

bigbarada
05-10-2002, 10:04 PM
Sounds like you just have all kinds of fun at your house!:D

Well, the Japanese couple goes back to Japan tomorrow, they found out that they will be having a little girl (80% sure) and couldn't be happier. It was pretty fun having them here; but also pretty hectic since they only had a few days and wanted to experience as much of America as they could.

I'm pretty used to being one of the catalysts of controversy on this site. You should have been here in the weeks after Sep. 11th. What a lot of arguments we had! There was the "well, we deserved it" crowd and I just wouldn't tolerate that. (see the "Politically Incorrect" thread buried somewhere in the General Discussions section) Especially because at that time those of us in the military were all preparing to go to war. I've been a pretty big boat-rocker, which is why I think I have never been offered a moderator position here. Bah! Who wants it anyway? I come here to relax and have fun, not to work.

You know what the best part of the thread was for me? When Tycho took all the scriptures I posted and tried to turn them around. I'm happy because that means he read them and actually thought about them. Hopefully that will be enough, I will be praying for him as well as Stillakid.

Dryanta
05-11-2002, 02:51 PM
call off the hunt for the playschool stuff guys.I found the x wing and Naboo fighter today.My wee one will be the happiest kid in the world iin a week or so!!Thanks guys.Still no bespin wave.I really want a "bloody" luke.Please get your eyes peeled for one for me.

bigbarada
05-11-2002, 04:47 PM
Got it. Playskool case closed. Be on the lookout for Bloody Luke. :) Sorry, I just got done watching Spy Games (the one with Brad Pitt and Robert Redford). Good movie!

Got the package you sent today, Dryanta! Thanks a bunch! Everything came in great shape, the Reek is one cool little beast isn't he? I found all the coupons and the sales reciepts too. Again, thanks a lot!:cool: Have you seen the pictures of those Japanese vinyl figures? My brother is thinking about contacting that couple in Japan and seeing if they can pick some up for us. Let me know if you want some. I can't promise anything right now; but I'll see what I can do.

Well, I'm going on Monday to register for college, figured I might as well use up the college money the Army gives me. It'll also give me a modest but non-taxable income while I am in school. I'm going to start with Digital Imaging for summer and then take Web Page Design in the fall.

Updated my Elfwood page with a small picture of myself so if anyone is curious, click on the little 'www' at the bottom of my posts at your own risk.;)

Jango, I just realized that I forgot to include the Commtech Chip with that loose Stormtrooper figure. If you want it, let me know and I will look for it and mail it off in an envelope.

Again, I can't thank you enough, Dave!:)

Dryanta
05-11-2002, 05:15 PM
I was hoping they'd be there today.
I would love to have the Vader but I can't really say I could afford it,so I have to pass.:(Thanks for asking.Jango?Jedi teacher?Any one?
Yeah do the college thing.It won't hurt;)
Made another search today and nothing new.I really want the bloody bespin Luke.Looks so much better than the "clean" version.Guess we'll see what happens with that.

bigbarada
05-11-2002, 09:10 PM
I suspect that the $95 pricetag is the import price. I've already talked to my brother and he's going to contact Hero (the husband) as see if he can check them out when they are released. I'll let you know.

2-1B
05-12-2002, 01:36 AM
Hi everyone,
I just want to drop in and say that JangoFett96 is not only a stand up guy but a fine trader!
We're in the middle of our second trade now (I'm awaiting his confirmation that my goods arrived) and I got my stuff from his end of the deal on Friday. Thanks buddy !
:)

bigbarada
05-12-2002, 04:21 AM
Thanks for that, Caesar! Glad to see you here. I'm in the middle of a trade with Jango now, and while our stuff is still crossing in the mail, I have every confidence that things will go smoothly.:)

Come back and visit anytime you want!:cool:

Dryanta
05-12-2002, 01:51 PM
hey caesar,nice to see you.I haven't had the opportunity to trade with Jango yet.I have no doubt I will eventually.Don't be a stranger.
I found the bespin wave today,all except for "bloody" Luke.I'm sorry guys,money was too tight for extras today.To tight for the singles too.I'll try the middle of the week.

bigbarada
05-12-2002, 04:50 PM
That's cool, you've already done so much for me that I can't complain. So did you get a good look at Bespin Vader? Does he look cool?

I'm starting to realize that Yoda is just the coolest little action figure ever! Although I wonder why they made his lightsaber hilt metal since he doesn't seem to have any magnets anywhere.

Dryanta
05-12-2002, 07:37 PM
Hey BigB,
vader is very good except I'm not crazy about the cape.wind blown and it's really a little short.Still very nice.Height is right this time!!I really like the Yoda too.There is no "use "for the metal hilt but it sure is a nice touch.
The new Mace is the worst figure ever!!believe it not it's the first figure I have been sorry I bought.I'm glad I decided to get the deluxe.Bespin luke is pretty cool.Just wish I could find the bloody version.

Jason B
05-12-2002, 09:14 PM
yeah, that Mace figure is pretty bad. the head sculpt is terrible, and his arm is just wrong. plus, he cant hold onto his sabre. oh well, not mine. :p

bigbarada
05-12-2002, 11:41 PM
I guess I should invest in a DX Mace then.

I'm hearing that Bespin Luke is about to be re-released with a plastic peg instead of a magnet soon. The rumor states that HD Anakin, Zam Wesell and other magnet figures will also be redone without magnets.

Dryanta
05-13-2002, 10:08 AM
the new mace is the only magnet that doesn't work.Guess That's a rarity though.I've read alot of problems with the whole thing.

Dryanta
05-13-2002, 02:20 PM
Hey guy's I came across this a couple days ago and thought in light of the last couple weeks you might get a kick out of it.
If Naoh Lived in the United States today.
God tells noah He's had it and will destroy the world with a flood.He gives him plans for an ark and tells him to have it done in exactly on year.Noah agrees.
Exactly one year later The storm clouds gather and seas are in turmult.God looks down and see's Noah sitting in his front yard weeping.God says"Noah wheres the ark?"
Noah says "I'm sorry Lord i tried but ran into big problems"
1.I had to get a permit for construction
2 Your plans did not comply with codes
3 I had to hire an engineering firm to redraw the plans.
4 IThen I got into a fight with OSHA over wether or not the ark needed a fire sprinkler system and floatation devices
5 Then my neighbot objected,claiming I was violating zoning ordinances by building an ark in my front yard,so I had to get a varience from the city planning commission
6 I had problems getting enough wood fro the ark because there was a ban on cutting trees to protect the spooted owl.I finally convinced the U.S. forest service that I needed the wood to SAVE the owls.
7 However,the fish and wildlife service won't let me catch any owls.So,no spotted owls.
8 Carpenters formed a union and went out on strike.i had to negotiate a settlement with the national labor relations board before anyone would pick up a hammer.Now I have 16 carenters on the ark but still no spotted owls.
9 When I started rounding up all the other animals,I got sued by a animal rights group.They objected to me only taking two of each kind aboard.
10 Just when I got the suit dismissed,the EPA notified me that i could not complete the ark without filing a enviromental impact study on Your proposed flood.They didn't take very kindly to the idea they had no juridiction over the creator of the universe.
11 Then the army corps of engineers demanded a map of the proposed new flood plain.I sent the a globe.
12 Right now I'm trying to resolve a complaint filed with the equal opportunity commision that I am practicing discrimination by not taking"Godless,unbelieving people on board"
13 The IRS has seized all of my assets claiming I'm building the ark in preperation to flee the country to avoid paying taxes.I just got a notice from the Tsate saying I owe them some kind of user tax as i failed to register the ark as a "recreational water craft"
14 and finally,The ACLU got the courts to issue an injunction against further construction of the ark saying that since God is flooding the earth it is a religious event and there for unconstitutional.
"I'm sorry lord I don';t think I'll be able to finish the ark for another five or six years."
The clouds parted and the seas calmed and a rainbow appeared in the sky.
God says"I don't need to destroy the world,It's already been done."

Dryanta
05-13-2002, 03:38 PM
here we go again.
A Agnostic naturalist goes on vacation to Kodiak island to look at the giant brown bears there.
He out the first day and sees plenty of tracks but no bears.He's enjoying himself walking by a babbling brook and listening to the gentle breeze through the trees.All of a sudden he hears a rustle behind him.He turns.Too late!!
A 1800 lb Kodiak bear is hot on his trail.He runs as fast as he can but it's no use,the bear knocks him to the ground.The bear is on top of him and is about to crush his head in his mouth.The agnostic screams out"OH God!!!"
Time freezes.The brook and the breeze stop.The bear is frozen.He can't get up because the bear is still on top of him.
He hears the voice of God saying"Will you know believe in me as a real entity,not some force or indifferent intelligence behing it all?Will you know believe in the sacrifice of my son Jesus for you?"
The agnoatic replies."It would be pretty hypocritical for me to become a christian at the last minute don't you think?"He put's his feeble mind to work for second trying to find a way around any real commitment to God and still remain alive.He's got it!!
"God?While I'm not interested in your offer,I'd like to ask if you would make this bear a christian?" Clever he thinks,really clever.
"Fine" replies the Lord.
The breeze and brook start again.The bear stops his forward motion ans sits up.He carefully folds his front paws in prayer and say"Thank you lord Jesus for the food I am about to recieve-"

I thought this one was kinda funny and telling at the same time.

bigbarada
05-13-2002, 04:18 PM
LOL!:D:D I've read the ark one before and it is pretty accurate to what a BS society we live in now. THe bear one is pretty good too. You're right, it is very telling to how many people act nowadays.

Called my theater today and the owner is still torn as to whether it would be worth his while to have a midnight showing of Ep2. This guy is a real jerk, he got nailed by Lucasfilm when Ep1 came out for taking all the promotional items and pulled the movie out of spite after it had only been playing for two weeks. Hopefully he can behave himself this time and let Ep2 play a little longer.

Okay, here's my joke:
Adam was sitting in the Garden of Eden after a very long day. He had just gotten finished naming all the animals and was exhausted. However, he did realize that there was no mate for him so he asked God about this. God replied. "Okay, I can create a mate for you. What would you like?"
Adam thought for a second then said,"I want a mate who is beautiful, loving, kind, someone who cooks for me, rubs my back after a long day at work, someone who is always there when I want to talk and always laughs at my jokes."
God chuckled and replied,"Okay, but that'll cost you an arm and a leg."
Adam considered this for a moment then asked, "Well, what can I get for a rib?"

:)

Dryanta
05-13-2002, 04:51 PM
lol that's funny.I never heard that one before.
Sounds like the theater manger there has some real issues he needs to get figured out.That would really suck.
I thought maybe Jango would be around.Any idea if all's well with him?

JetsAndHeels
05-13-2002, 07:16 PM
I am fine. Just got back a while ago from cleaning out my old house. It was an all weekend task. Started at 5pm Friday and finished about 3:30pm today. But its worth it.
BigB, I sent you a PM today concerning our trade going on. I wont go into the details here, but I hope you will understand.
Thanks for the concern Dyranta, I just didnt have any internet access while working this weekend. Its good to be back.

Dryanta
05-13-2002, 07:36 PM
glad to hear it jango.I had forgotten you were still in some stage of moving.
Ready for thursday? I am.Now that my wife sat down and watched Ep1 again she's ready too.Did you notice caesar was here complimenting you?It was a good thing.

JetsAndHeels
05-13-2002, 07:48 PM
Dryanta,
Yes I am very excited about Thursday!! I cant think about anything else. I wasnt this psyched for EP1 although I was still excited. This movie is going to be so good. I am counting the hours.
Yes, I noticed Caesar complimented me. Hes a great guy and a good friend of mine. I recommend him to all of you as well for trades, etc. He is very efficient and trustworthy.

JetsAndHeels
05-13-2002, 08:01 PM
Well we are having some bad weather here. Heavy rains and strong winds. I think we are under a possible tornado warning. I may have to log off until it passes by. I feel like I am in a Kamino rainstorm.
I will get back on as soon as the weather improves.

mylow thehutt
05-13-2002, 08:35 PM
i also can't wait for thuresday,my dad said i could skip school and go see during the day,we are metting a bunch of people form our church.can't wait.

Dryanta
05-13-2002, 08:43 PM
skipping school!! for shame!!;) that's cool.late in the year anyway,you won't miss much.
How's your toy hunting going?Finding what you want and need,or just don't bother with it?How old are you Mylow if you don't mind me asking?I think you may be around the same age as jason b.Don't be a stranger it's a good thing over here.

Jason B
05-13-2002, 09:40 PM
I'm 17, if you didnt know. :)

Dryanta
05-13-2002, 09:42 PM
I had no idea!!Where does the time go;)

JetsAndHeels
05-13-2002, 09:55 PM
ok bad weather has passed. We dodged a bullet there.

Dryanta
05-13-2002, 10:04 PM
glad to hear it Jango,really glad.
I figured BigB would have been around by now.Seen the bespin wave yet?Bloody Luke?I'd like to get one if I can.

JetsAndHeels
05-13-2002, 11:07 PM
I found Qui Gon and Orn Free Taa on Friday. Found the final battle Jango Saturday but the stupid card was torn to bits. Made me mad so I passed on it.

mylow thehutt
05-13-2002, 11:23 PM
14,15 in June.Mostly my grandmah does all the hunting for me,and when i scrape up enough money i get a few here and there.i'm really looking for yoda,Douko,and the bespin wave.mostly final battel jango.

bigbarada
05-14-2002, 12:30 AM
That's what I get for staying up all night on the internet. After I posted here I logged off and laid down for a few minutes, next thing I know it's 8:30 at night and I've slept through the entire day! Going to be hard getting back to sleep tonight that's for sure.

Went and registered for Summer II classes, I wanted to get Summer I but the VA couldn't advance my tuition on such short notice. So I am going to take Computer Literacy (easiest A in the world) and Intro to Sociology in July. I'll go for Digital Imaging when the Fall Semester rolls around.

Got your message Jango, I wasn't worried about it at all. I figured if you weren't around then there must be a good reason.

My brother said the Bespin Wave showed up at our Wal-Mart but his wife didn't want him to buy any since she has to drive their son all the way up to Albuquerque for dental surgery tomorrow. He never mentioned if the bloody Luke was there, but I assumed he wasn't since that is a figure my brother is also really looking for.

Dryanta
05-14-2002, 09:25 AM
Got a question for you all before I forget again.Do any of you get the cartoon network on the tube?I'd really like to find someone who would be willing to video tape episodes of Justice league for me.
Sounds like your well on your way on the college thing BigB.It'll work it for you no doubt.;)easiest A in the world? For most of you yes,not for me :)
Hey Mylow if I can help any with for figure hunting let me know.How old are you again?I really am curious.Jason B is my nephew and a brand new christian.I'd kinda like for him to find another young christian with simalar interests to get along with.
I will also throw one up for your nephew today BigB.

JEDIpartner
05-14-2002, 10:03 AM
Nice list of members here. I'm proud to be a part of this. Now that I've found you... I'll try to post here as well as in the "secular" sections.

Dryanta
05-14-2002, 10:10 AM
Oh crap!!there goes the neighborhood.;)
Hey Jp.glad to have you.

bigbarada
05-14-2002, 12:18 PM
What's up JediPartner? Nice to see some new blood around. Well, technically this club is pretty new so we are all new blood; but you get the idea.:)

Unfortunately I don't get cable here, I live too far out from town and cable installation alone would cost around $400.:eek: Once I get better established I plan to look into Dish Network or some other kind of satellite cable.

My brother does get Cartoon Network, so I will see if he is able to record episodes for you. Is this a daily show or weekly?

Any prayers for my nephew, Matthew, will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Dryanta.:cool:

Dryanta
05-14-2002, 12:23 PM
Hey BigB,
Will do for Matthew.Thanks for giving a name.It helps me Not HIM;)
I think justice League is weekly(?) I can find out.Thanks man.Let me know if he would like some money or tapes or both:)

Dryanta
05-14-2002, 01:02 PM
I'm back.
I just checked the schedule over at cartoon networks site.It seems to be Friday Sat. and Sundays.Problem is it's only two different episodes over three days and I can't get it to load up a different time zone than eastern.It's alot to ask.It would be a real pain chasing it down.I was hoping to run across someone who watches it any way but I haven't yet .I really don't know

JetsAndHeels
05-14-2002, 01:53 PM
BigB your figures are on their way to you. Mailed them today, so be on the lookout. Sorry for the delay my friend. The moving process is a hard one, but now I am finally done.

bigbarada
05-14-2002, 02:19 PM
Thanks, JF96, that's great news. As I said in my PM, don't worry about the delay, I've moved four times in the last three years so I know how it is.

Dryanta, I'll talk to my brother when I go over to his house later today to see if he wants to do it. I don't see how it will be that big of a deal since I think he can record one show while watching another. They are half hour episodes right?

JetsAndHeels
05-14-2002, 02:22 PM
Thanks for understanding BigB.

mylow thehutt
05-14-2002, 04:38 PM
Im 14. Hey did any one get the new jedi dex i was thincking of buying it,so i you could get some details that would be great.Hey Dryanta how do you trade on the forums.

bigbarada
05-14-2002, 05:05 PM
Forgive me for asking but what is the Jedi Dex?:confused:

Most of the trades are arranged right here in this thread with all the details, like addresses and stuff, handled using Private Messages. If you want us to look for something for you then post a list here and one of us will PM you when we find it or just post it right here.

Jason B
05-14-2002, 05:08 PM
Dexter Jetster?

mylow thehutt
05-14-2002, 05:27 PM
Big B the jedi dex is a littel gizmo that tells all about the charecters Ep1-6 not ep3.it also organizes,has trivea,and games.it was $34.00 bucks over here.

Jason B
05-14-2002, 05:33 PM
i see, kinda like a Poke-Dex? :)

mylow thehutt
05-14-2002, 05:33 PM
:) heres a pic

mylow thehutt
05-14-2002, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Jason B
i see, kinda like a Poke-Dex? :)

yeah thats what the ordeal about this thing :cool:

Dryanta
05-14-2002, 07:16 PM
Hey Mylow,
I have a daughter your age.Forget it junior;)
I'll keep an eye out if you would like.
As far as the trading BigB pretty well covered it.There is a mutual trust here.We are not only among friend but brothers.So I personally don't worry about the money much.You never know there may be another eeopi At some point that you might be able to help us with.
I have spoken to a fellow countryman of yours and questions of shipping expenses and import taxes came up.Do me a favor and look into that for me would you?I'm curious about how much it is.My post office told me I could send 7lbs of stuff to the U.K. for $27.00 and it would take two weeks to get there.But they had no idea about the import tax on the other end.The 7 pounds was a guess at the future shuttles weight btw.
Let me know,and I'm sure any of us would be glad to help.

JetsAndHeels
05-14-2002, 07:24 PM
Hey Dryanta, when are you and I going to do a trade? I am eager to do some business here.

Dryanta
05-14-2002, 07:48 PM
Beats me Jango.; what are you looking for?
I gotta tell you I never buy extra so i don't have stuff laying around.But I am willing to help find new stuff for you.
And before I forget,I wanted to answer your question about Cel 3 here to avoid all the regional squabbling that is going to start in the that thread.
I would very much like to get together with you all there.BigB is in NM. you're in Nc.Mylow is in the U.K.,Jedipartnr is in Cleveland.
I'm planning on either buying another bike early next year or building another over the fall and winter.I'd like to ride out with my wife.You and I could meet up somewhere east of the ohio line and swing up and meet up with JP.Maybe we could get Mylow to fly into Bangor,Maine and he could ride out with Jason B.I'd like to have him all competent with a bike by then:)Or even Raliegh or Cleveland.
I'd really like to get hooked up with BigB before Indy though.Maybe we can get him to move;)
One more move Nate?lol
I was thinking about maybe buying a bike in Texas and swinging over your way before I head East.Maybe year after next.They'll buy my plane ticket to get there and pick up a ride so I'd get there for free;).Let's bash this around a bit and see what we can come up with.I like to plan way ahead.Makes it easier for me.
Let me know if I can help with anything JF.
Input guys on cel3 guys?

mylow thehutt
05-14-2002, 08:07 PM
:) hey Dryanta, forgive for asking but i'm a littel confusied on the whole tax thing,and country man:confused: mybad. but if you want to trade i have some god stuff,2-1b medcial droid,R2-B1,and others.but sadly i haven't seen the eeoip,i heard it was a FAQ exclusive.but if i had one i'd be happy to trade.I also live in liverpool NY.so stuff kind of shows up outa the blue a disappers just as quick.

Dryanta
05-14-2002, 08:15 PM
Oh %$#*
Mylow I thought you were in Liverpool England.Not New York.LOL
never mind then.lol that's funny.Well you just saved a pile of air fare.Be easier to pick you up for cel 3 too.This funny.I'm sorry my friend.I was going to run the thru way across New york any way.
Your're just outside of Syracuse right?I'm sorry I confused you bud.LOLSo want to go to Cel 3 with the rest of us?lol
I'm alls et with stuff for now.would you like me to look for a jedidex?
lol this is really funny.

JetsAndHeels
05-14-2002, 08:23 PM
Hey Dryanta, I am cool with your plans on Cel3. We are relatively close, except for BigB. He would be making the longest haul. Since it is 3 years from now, I am sure I can arrange anything I need to. This is very exciting, since we will all get to meet and I love to travel anyways.
I am not really looking for anything new right now Dryanta, except for that Final Battle Jango. They have showed up here but the cards were all torn up on them. I am going to wait until more show up in the stores.

Dryanta
05-14-2002, 08:29 PM
cool Jango.If anything comes up be sure to yell.U.K.lol.That realy cracks me up.I have no idea why I had that stuck in my head.
Yeah three years seem to be enough time to get all the particulars ironed out;)

JetsAndHeels
05-14-2002, 08:35 PM
Hey, I wouldnt mind hitting the road alot sooner than that. It would be cool to meet up and hang out. I love to take road trips and I love to travel, so that wouldnt be a problem for me. In fact a lady that works with my dad here drives upto Maine alot because she has family there. No big deal.

Dryanta
05-14-2002, 08:40 PM
Where up here is that?Just curious.Could be we can get together before 2005!!

mylow thehutt
05-14-2002, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Dryanta
Oh %$#*
Mylow I thought you were in Liverpool England.Not New York.LOL
never mind then.lol that's funny.Well you just saved a pile of air fare.Be easier to pick you up for cel 3 too.This funny.I'm sorry my friend.I was going to run the thru way across New york any way.
Your're just outside of Syracuse right?I'm sorry I confused you bud.LOLSo want to go to Cel 3 with the rest of us?lol
I'm alls et with stuff for now.would you like me to look for a jedidex?
lol this is really funny.

LOL,Liverpool England,Liverpool NY you know Tomato, tamoto.also about the jedi dex,thanx for the help but theres a ton at my K&B store,just need a quick review on it,was thincking of buying one but didn't know how good it was, don't to spend $34.00 on somthing i can't use. still waiting for the BO-shek wave.
also can't WAIT for the new Chewy/C-3PO and Ephant Mon.:)

JetsAndHeels
05-14-2002, 08:50 PM
Dryanta,
She has family in Maine, but I am not sure what part. I dont mind driving, I like to see new things. Yes, we could get together sometime!!
I will be back a little bit after 10pm.

Dryanta
05-14-2002, 09:26 PM
Hey Mylow.I'll keep em open for the Bo Shek wave.I wish i had known about a month ago.Was at the TRU in time square and they were there by the ton.May not be too late.Headed back down in another month or so.Anything else you need?Zutton?EETH KOTH? Fx-7?Did you Get(or even want) the snow speeder,Tie bomber, or tru At ST?
LMK

bigbarada
05-14-2002, 09:50 PM
Well, my brother's inlaws live in Pennsylvania plus I've got a real good Army buddy who might be going back to PA in about two years. If I move again, I would prefer it to be the NorthEast US since I've never lived in that part of the country but would really want to. But moving right now is a no go, at least until I get this bankruptcy thing over and done with.

Who knows, I might get that job with the computer-game company and have to move to Montreal, Canada!:eek:

Anyways, I have plenty of reasons to want to move up north, if for no other reason than to get away from this heat; but simply lack the resources right now.

Hopefully we can arrange to meet before Cel3 (which I plan to try my best to go to). I'm all for that.

You do know that El Paso, TX has the biggest Harley Davidson store in the world don't you, Dryanta? I'm assuming you are referring to a Harley when you say "bike" and not some 'rice-rocket' Suzuki or something.:)

Jason B
05-14-2002, 10:41 PM
yes, that's what he's referring to. he always makes fun of me when i look at a racing bike. :D

Dryanta
05-15-2002, 07:50 AM
Morning Guys,
Yes I was refering to HD.And yes I was talking about Barnett's in El paso.Great minds think alike;).
Montreal isn't all that far from where I am.I guess we'll have to get something figured out before 2005.
How did Matthew make out yesterday? I hope all is well with him.
Be back around later.
Also Jedi teacher is in the Chicago area so We should be able to join up with him as well.

JetsAndHeels
05-15-2002, 11:56 AM
Hey everybody,
Tomorrow I will be heading back to watch SW with some of my buddies and I will be back on here Friday afternoon. Just wanted to let you all know why I would be absent for a while.
I hope everyone here enjoys the movie!!

Dryanta
05-15-2002, 12:27 PM
Have great time Jango.
I'll be signed off a little later tonight into Friday as well.So Just in case I don't catch up to you later today,Happy 29th BIGB!!!Have great one.Oh BtW My wife and I discussed it and we would like you forget about any pay back or trade off for two of the figures I sent.Happy Birthday bro!!

JetsAndHeels
05-15-2002, 12:33 PM
Yes, Happy Birtday BigB!! Hope you have a great day!!
I also hope everyone in here enjoys the movie. I cant wait to get back on here Friday afternoon and discuss it with everyone. Have a great time!!

bigbarada
05-15-2002, 01:33 PM
Well, Matthew actually got done with his surgery a few minutes ago, he has to stay in the recovery room for at least one more hour and then my sister-in-law will bring him home. Needless to say he is not too happy right now; but the surgery went well.

Thanks for the birthday wishes guys and for the present Dryanta! :) Hopefully my brother will still have enough money to pay for my ticket to see Ep2 tonight at midnight, as long as his wife and son get back safe from Albuquerque. If not then I might have to wait a couple weeks to see it. It's too bad that the premiere fell on such an awkward time financially; but that's life I guess. If worse comes to worse though, I think I can convince my dad that I don't need a birthday cake and just to give me $15 instead for two tickets and some soda.

Well, in any case I hope everyone enjoys the movie and I really hope I'll be able to discuss it with you all on Friday.

Dryanta
05-15-2002, 02:26 PM
you are entirly welcome BigB.
I wish I had known i'd have thrown a few bucks in with the figs. so you could go.I'll tell you what,If it'll help,tell your brother he can forget about one of the figures I sent if he'll help you go tonight.I don't know if it'll work but give it a shot.I know the ticket costs more than the figure did but Hey it's a thought.
Nad I'm very glad that Matthew is good.I'll continue to pray for him AND his parents.lolWhen wee one's aren't happy,NO ONES HAPPY.I'll be around tonight until about 9 or so any way so let me know how you make out.

browndroid
05-15-2002, 02:34 PM
hey all, i never noticed this post before, nice to know there are other christian sw fans here:D

Dryanta
05-15-2002, 02:41 PM
Hey Brown Droid!!!
Sorry guy,we've tried to PM everyone who we thought might be interested.Sorry man I missed you.Welcome!!
I gotta ask,I was going to else where but got side tracked.Is your avatar Yoda Letterman?

browndroid
05-15-2002, 02:52 PM
yeah, kind of, i actually got it from tfn, top ten list, i just cut the rest off from the picture, of course after asking tfn.

bigbarada
05-15-2002, 02:54 PM
Hey, browndroid, how's it going? Yeah, we've got a really good group of people here, so don't be a stranger.

I just talked to my brother and he says that he should have enough money to spot me for at least one showing, maybe a second one this weekend. So I'm good there. I'm pretty sure I can finagle some money out of my dad. I'll see what happens.

They're going to take Matthew to see Ep2 this weekend to kind of make up for the torment he is going through now. Their youngest, Jason, is too young and too unruly to sit through a movie so either I'll watch him, or if my dad can spot me for a ticket, my parents will watch him for a couple of hours.

Dryanta
05-15-2002, 03:06 PM
cool,After I posted that about your brother it sounded kinda stupid.Sorry if I made it sound as if he needed motivation to help out.Sorry,not my intent.Browndroid don't be stranger.I'll be back around later

mylow thehutt
05-15-2002, 04:00 PM
well besides yoda and doouko(the hardest to find)the bo-shek wave is all i need.Just got Ploo koon and Tun WEE,really good figures.

bigbarada
05-15-2002, 04:25 PM
Dryanta, don't worry I didn't take it that way at all, bro.

Well, I'm going to drop offline here pretty soon. I still have to do a load of laundry and take a nap before my sister-in-law comes to pick me up at 5. I don't want to be yawning throughout the movie tonight.

I'll see you guys on Friday! Enjoy the movie!

browndroid
05-15-2002, 05:02 PM
yoda is rare? i have him andi think there are a bunch at walmart. all i need is dooku and i think one more

mylow thehutt
05-15-2002, 06:16 PM
Brown droid do yo recomde yoda.and is his saber handel meatle.

JetsAndHeels
05-15-2002, 06:45 PM
I just got tickets to a midnight showing here. Cant wait!!!!!!!!
Enjoy the movie everyone!!

Dryanta
05-15-2002, 07:50 PM
Hey Mylow,
I recomend Yoda.Cool little figure.And yes the hilt is metal.Check the stores Tomorrow to see if you can for Dooku and Yoda.If you have no luck let me know.I'm sure one of us around here can help you out.

mylow thehutt
05-15-2002, 07:59 PM
thanx dryanta,going to see Ep2 Tommorow does any one thinck the tickets will be sold out.

Jason B
05-15-2002, 08:02 PM
most likely, they will be. :( call ahead and check though.

Dryanta
05-15-2002, 08:51 PM
Hey Mylow,
I have no idea about theaters in Britain.lol
I really have no idea,I too would call first.You never know just enough people may be holding off seeing it to allow you a ticket or two.I'll throw up a prayer or two that you get in.So don't blame me if you don't get in;)Jango,Go to the theater already would you:)!! i'll catch you guys sometime friday,And BigB I'm glad you're going.Going to make it tomorrow Jedipartnr?Jedi Teacher?
Never mind Jason.After the Chewbacca's real death crack,I've re-evaluated our relationship.I'll go to AOTC you stay home and watch that on fox!!;)

Jason B
05-15-2002, 08:55 PM
if only i had Fox. :rolleyes:

waitaminute...did i just say that i'd take a show on Fox over ATOC?!?!?!?!? wow, i really need some sleep. ;)

browndroid
05-15-2002, 09:07 PM
yes, i would recomend the yoda, the lightsaber is so cool, i just got tickets for 10:45am tomorow, couldnt get midnight tix, mainly my mom doesnt want to go that late:rolleyes:

Dryanta
05-15-2002, 09:10 PM
Hey Browndroid,
Personal question .How old are you?Just curious.JasonB is my nephew and a brand new christian.I think it would be good if he had some others his age to talk with.He's 17 going on 37 BTW

browndroid
05-15-2002, 09:11 PM
only 13(im not skippin school for ep2, im homeschooled)

Dryanta
05-15-2002, 09:15 PM
Cool on the home schooling!!Where in AZ are you?

browndroid
05-15-2002, 09:17 PM
sierra vista, its real small, i think at the bottom of az

Dryanta
05-15-2002, 09:21 PM
Broke out the old tattered trucker atlas.Yep your at the bottom alright.BigB is about 300 miles east of you.
Well guys I'm out til friday.If anything comes up just email me.DABRYANT@aol.com.Enjoy all.Catch you in 48

Jason B
05-15-2002, 09:34 PM
The correct email link (DABRYANT@aol.com). ;) :D

mylow thehutt
05-15-2002, 09:48 PM
Hey Dryanta is the reble soldier a fan club exclusives or store welcome,last time i heard they were exclusives,then others are saying they found them at wal-mart.

browndroid
05-15-2002, 11:54 PM
are you talking about the rebel soldier in the aotc set? that one is in stores

mylow thehutt
05-16-2002, 08:32 AM
thanx.hay for every one who bought a tun we and a Boba fett,i got somthing cool to tell you,first take tun we's littel blender thing then take Boba's helment and put it in the littel blender,fill it with water and it looks like she has jango's head in a jar,really cool.

browndroid
05-16-2002, 12:15 PM
cool, i didnt know you could open that thing, ill go try it

bigbarada
05-17-2002, 02:57 AM
Well? What did everyone think?

I caught the midnight showing and I absolutely loved this movie! I'm glad my brother and I talked the theater owner into having a midnight showing, because it completely sold out by 10:30 PM. Fortunately, we just happened to be driving by at around 6 PM and decided to check to see if they were selling tickets already. They were so we picked up two and went to get some dinner, by 10:45 when we went back there were already about 40 people in line, within fifteen minutes the line was out the door. Did anyone elses theater break out in cheers when Yoda's fight scene started? You could barely hear the movie in our theater, everyone was cheering and applauding so loud! Very cool!

So how did everyone else's day go?:)

Jason B
05-17-2002, 06:27 AM
it was great. :D a few people were laughing at the Coruscant chase scene, and just about everyone was laughing at the Yoda scene. it was great. :D

Dryanta
05-17-2002, 11:58 AM
hey guys I'm back.
First yes Mylow the rebel endor soldiers are out right now.I have two on layaway.
Now what did I think?
This film is awesome!!!
I really need to see it a few more times,visual overload for a time.
Obi Wans dialog was great,Yoda's shadow slowly trailing on the hanger floor brought alot of cheers and laughs.THIS was the most respectfull representation of a character I have ever seen.
He did exactly what I think most of us had always assumed he could!!Great!Really great!!
There were a couple things I wasn't really crazy about,But I knew going in there would be.But these minor things by no means detracted from the movie as a whole for me.ESB moves to second.I can't wait to see it again and again.
On a commendation note to GL.I am very thankful for the Marriage between Anakin and Padme'.Way to stand up and show marriage before the twins!!!A very nice statement to make to all who see it.

Dryanta
05-17-2002, 12:13 PM
I ask that you would listen to me for sec guys.
I've stepped back into the real world today and have come across some interesting things.You are not to be fearfull your hope rests in Him.And he is much greater than this.
Ok,A truck loaded with ten tons of cyonide was stolen a while back.The truck has been found in Mexico empty.6 people in Yonkers,NY have come down terribly sick and early reports are that it maybe cyonide poisoning.MSNBC has reported today that a group of "middle eastern men" have been arrested for video tapeing a water resevoir in Easton CT..Now listen,If you are in a public place or turn on a faucet and you smell peaches,Get out or do not drink it.Take it for what you will.
I changed a few locations as I got more info.And my terrible spelling.Easton Ct has three huge water supplies in the area.

bigbarada
05-17-2002, 12:23 PM
The only thing I could really complain about with Ep2 is that it should have been Ep1. I'm afraid Ep3 is going to be either very rushed or very incomplete because it has so much ground to cover.

The love story seemed a little forced at points; but then again Romeo and Juliet was forced from beginning to end and it's considered the quintessential love story. However, I prefer an underplayed love story to a "dripping with sap" love story.

Threepio was much funnier and much ruder with Artoo, than in the OT. My favorite part was him calling Artoo an "Idiot!" :D

I'm also glad that Lucas isn't promoting pre-marital sex between Anakin and Padme. I do remember him saying a couple of times that he does believe in God and is a Christian; but I'm just not sure what denomination.

I'm just waiting for some simple-minded critic to claim that the Tusken slaughter scene is a post-9/11 revenge fantasy.:rolleyes: Even though that scene was filmed almost a year before the attacks.

Overall, though, this is the best Star Wars movie so far, IMO. It's not perfect of course, but it's pros far outweigh it's cons.

My aunt sent me $20 for my birthday, so I will stop by the store to see if I can't find any of the Bespin Wave for you and me, Dryanta. If not, then that's a few more viewing of this awesome flick.:)

bigbarada
05-17-2002, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Dryanta
I ask that you would listen to me for sec guys.
I've stepped back into the real world today and have come across some interesting things.You are not to be fearfull your hope rests in Him.And he is much greater than this.
Ok,A truck loaded with ten tons of Syinide was stolen a while back.The truck has been found in Mexico empty.6 in New York state people have come down terribly sick and early reports are that it maybe Sionyde poisoning.MSNBC has reported today that a group of "middle eastern men" have been arrested for video tapeinga water resivoir in New York.Now listen,If you are in apublic place or turn on a fuacet and you smell peaches,Get out or do not drink it.Take it for what you will.
Now should I post this else where?

Wow, that's pretty spooky, but sadly not surprising. I wonder why they keep targetting New York? Bigger population perhaps? Fortunately my parents house runs off of a private well so we don't have to worry about that kind of poisoning, unless they drive up on my dad's property and dump cyanide in our well. A lot of trouble to go to for three adults and one dog. It couldn't hurt to post this in the General section of SSG and to make sure you tell everyone you know about it. Thanks for the heads up, now I need to call my brother.

JetsAndHeels
05-17-2002, 01:15 PM
Well I saw the movie 4 times yesterday. Thats right, 4 times. Saw it at midnight, 4:45pm, 7pm, and 10pm. I must say this movie rocks!! I remember at the midnight show, seeing the titles and the crawler, then the camera pan UP to show the Naboo Royal Cruiser, I thought to myself, "I am watching Star Wars!!"
It is a wonderful feeling, seeing a new SW film for the first time, after all the excitement and hype about it. Its magical. I loved every minute of this film. GL has given us all something to be proud of. I still stand behind Jango as my favorite character. Sure he went out like a punk to Mace but the rain battle on Kamino and his fight sequences in the arena were awesome. His dialogue with Obi Wan on Kamino was powerful. You could feel the tension. And of course Yoda. Man, how cool was that??This guy kicks major butt, and now we have seen it first hand. I agree with Dryanta, ESB now moves to 2nd on my fav list. I will probably not see it again until Monday, but this movie is so great. It was worth the wait.

Dryanta
05-17-2002, 01:18 PM
Hey Jango,
Please scroll up and read my warning post.I just edited it with more updated info.Sorry to be solemn.I have a bad feeling about this.Maybe not for right now,but soon.
Update again!Three guys were arrested.on top of a supply tank.1 was video taping the piping and the dam.Not reported yet what the other two were doing.

JetsAndHeels
05-17-2002, 01:29 PM
Man, that is horrible.
I checked CNN.com but there was no mention about it. Thanks for the warning Dryanta. Seems we can never be too careful.

bigbarada
05-17-2002, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by JangoFett96
I still stand behind Jango as my favorite character. Sure he went out like a punk...

Like father, like son, eh?:p:D

Hey, Jango I got the package today. Thanks a lot! Taun We is skinny but still very cool. I'll have to try out Mylow's idea with Jango's helmet. Luminara is very cool and I'm glad that my Super Battle Droid now has a buddy to talk to.:)

I recommend that everyone read Dryanta's news story up there and tell as many people as you can about it. If it sounds far-fetched, remember that 9/11 would've sounded ridiculous on 9/10.

browndroid
05-17-2002, 01:56 PM
saw it yesturday, rocked. plenty of cheers for yoda! WAY better than ep1, #1 star wars movie so far on my list. great!

Dryanta
05-17-2002, 02:17 PM
Hey browndroid.I really like this movie!!!

O.K. here's the latest.This is getting really strange.Maybe I'm just paranoid.Go to the waring thread and read the fox news link Jonna put up.
That raises more questions for me than it answers.Now they are playing with words of the Mexican authorites that found the truck."SOME of the cyanide MAYBE missing"????????
O.K. but it has already been reported that the truck was empty???
Now get this,The three guys arrested were just innocent cousins from Bridgeport tring out their new camcorder.Yeah right!!!
I don't know about you all but something is up and I tend to wonder if certain people would rather we not have a real clear picture of what is up.Any ideas?The media is so screwed up that it's hard to tell,but i have a real ball in my gut's over this one.And that doesn't happen very often.

bigbarada
05-17-2002, 02:32 PM
Why would they be trying out a new camera at the water reservoir?:confused: I find that pretty hard to believe. Honestly, I think there should be armed guards in places like that with orders to shoot any trespassers. People who don't work there really have no business being there and the possible harm that one disgruntled lab worker, let alone a group of terrorists, could do is too much to even risk.

I still think it's better to be safe than sorry.

Dryanta
05-17-2002, 02:40 PM
I just can't swollow it either BigB.I think we maybe be under a need to know basis on this one.And possibly,repeat possibly an attempt to keep the public calm.I don't think there has been a major attack.But a real bad one is coming.I think this episode maybe a small wake up call to those that "Have ears";)
I am really uneasy about what we might not be being told at this point.And I don't trust the media at all.They may have put some more umph behing these stories at first and then backed down.Or they told the truth and then HAD to back down.
I don't know.Peaches guys,peaches.

Jason B
05-17-2002, 03:00 PM
i thought that cyanide smells like almonds. :confused:

bigbarada
05-17-2002, 03:05 PM
I think arsenic smells like almonds. Not really sure.

Jason B
05-17-2002, 03:12 PM
just did a search on google:

What i found at http://www.safetyline.wa.gov.au/pagebin/hazshazd0005.htm:
WHY IS CYANIDE A DANGEROUS SUBSTANCE?

Cyanide gas has an odour of bitter almonds. 20 to 40 percent of people are unable to detect its odour and therefore have no warning of its presence. Those who can detect the odour of cyanide gas can detect in a concentration of 1 - 2 ppm. Cyanide is a fast acting poison in the human body. It affects our ability to breathe. Severe breathing difficulties develop very rapidly when cyanide is swallowed, inhaled or absorbed through the skin. Highly poisonous cyanide gas can be produced when cyanide solids or liquids are mixed with moisture in air, or with steam, acid, acid fumes or if air is bubbled through a cyanide solution.

Kuzu
05-17-2002, 05:47 PM
I loved the moive,hay browndroide how did you like that clever idea with boba's helmet?i also loved the scene were Padam falls out of the ship with the clone tropper and he helps get back.And the jedi kids were sooo cute.

Dryanta
05-17-2002, 06:24 PM
Hey guys.Man Can just mentioned that it does smell like Almonds.I was passing on what I had heard on the radio.I just got a private messege from you Kuzu.I responded before I looked over here.So I guess you weren't looking for someone else:) Sorry I just didn't want you to be confused.Welcome and don't ba a stranger.great group right here.

Jason B
05-17-2002, 06:27 PM
nah, just a simple mistake, not on your part.

bigbarada
05-17-2002, 06:34 PM
Good sig line, Kuzu.:) Welcome. You've been registered for six months and you've only posted twice? What amazing self-control!:D

So, what smells like peaches? Aside from...well, peaches of course?

So, Dryanta, are you still looking for the Bespin wave? I'm going to the store tonight to see what Wal-Mart has. Do you only want the bloody stump Luke Bespin or will you settle for the regular version? I doubt I will find anything but who knows?

Dryanta
05-17-2002, 06:43 PM
Hey BigB!!
Have a great birthday besides the Movie?Bloody Luke is all.I have the clean just in case I never found the bloody:)
How are we standing with the tie bomber,Endor rebel,Qui Gon,Orn free ta,and the other one I have on lay a way for you?I'm still paying on them no problem.Just wondering if you've gotten any of them yet.No biggy either way.I'll have them paid for soon and get them out then.Why can't I remember that fourth figure?!!!Oh Geo with Massiff!!!
Oh how are you all fixed for Jango Final Battle and Geo Mace?(terrible figure!!!)
They're around here now.Found some more Yodas and Dookus today too.Snow speeders and Tie bombers are no problem either.
I have no idea what smells like peaches.Almonds seems to ring a bell some where in the dark recesses of my brain now that I think about it.
Really strange is all I can say.Curious

bigbarada
05-17-2002, 07:02 PM
I could use a Final Battle Jango, but I think I'll pass on Mace until I can see him first hand. My brother wasn't able to buy me anything except the movie ticket for my birthday, there was a paperwork screwup and they ended up having to pay for many of the expenses of taking their son to Albuquerque themselves, so that leaves them a little strapped. They get paid again on 5 June so I'll let you know then. If I can find some of them tonight I'll pick them up and that'll save you a little bit of money. I actually don't really need the Qui-Gonn or Endor Rebel figures, so if you want to put them back and save yourself twelve bucks that's fine with me.

I will be on the lookout for bloody stump Luke then.

Kuzu
05-17-2002, 07:22 PM
Hay BigB the reson for that was when i regsitered i forgot to fill every thing out and just relized that today.

Kuzu
05-18-2002, 10:02 PM
Hay guys i just hit big at Toys "R" us,I just found me a $4.93 Amanaman! I a have been looking for one for ever,last one too,at first i hide it, till my friend asked me how much it was so i cheked out the price and wow I was blown away,also had the Eeth Koth wave there too.Need me an Fx-17 maby next time.

browndroid
05-19-2002, 02:05 AM
$4.93?!? man, good deal.

Kuzu
05-19-2002, 12:01 PM
Your telling me

browndroid
05-19-2002, 12:14 PM
in aotc figures i think i only need vader, quigon, and luke. i think i have all the potj figures, and practically all ep1 figures

bigbarada
05-19-2002, 07:43 PM
Well, this turned out to be a really long weekend. I plan to catch the 10 pm showing of AOTC tonight, this will be my second viewing. I'm hoping the theater won't be too crowded being that it's a Sunday night. I was going to go to the 2:30 showing this afternoon; but by the time I got up near the front of the line it had sold out. You should have seen, and heard, all the kids whining once they put the "sold out" sign on the Star Wars schedule. Many of them were pretty mad that they had to settle for Spider-Man. I guess they have already seen that one.

Dryanta
05-19-2002, 09:10 PM
Spiderman??!!!lol
I'm glad that all is well in NM.Well,my littlest had a great birthday party today.She loves her playschool sets.She had cake,and ballons and pin the tail on the Taun Taun games.And I'm tired.It was very good day.I read that a couple more figures are out.Palpatine and the Black faced alien from the cantina(can't remeber his name.told you I was tired).Theaters haven't been all that busy.I think it'll still be a week or so before I get to go again.
I've tried to read some of the opinions posted else where here about AOTC but the tone of some of them has kinda turned me off.I'd like to discuss it here.ANy objections or interest?If you guys would rather not do it here I won't bother either.
Now,ICAN"T WAIT FOR THE REPUBLIC GUNSHIP !!!!I read we might be getting a clone trooper with the gunner bubble that will attach to the ship.I need two!!