PDA

View Full Version : TF Vader vs Fan Club

Vortex
04-27-2002, 10:53 AM
Can anyone help me out here?

Does anyone know the difference, if any, between the TF Vader and the Fan Club vader?

A toy dealer here in town, "scalper", says there's a sticker variation, but when I compair my fan club vader to his toy fair vader the only difference I see is the price we paid. :greedy:

Any one have any info on this?

DeadEye
04-27-2002, 11:32 AM
Aside from the color, I think the TF Vader is the same as the "classic" Vader that came out in late 1998 with the FlashBack card.

Vortex
04-27-2002, 12:08 PM
Hey thanks, now I know which recycled vader is it.

Now I just have to try to piece together the sticker/card difference.

DeadEye
04-27-2002, 12:25 PM
Wait, I'm sorry!

I just looked at another picture. The TF Vader is just a repainted version of the Vader from the Final Jedi Duel cinema-scene 3-pack, released in 1997.

Vortex
04-27-2002, 01:48 PM
Wait, isn't that the same Vader that's part of the Obi-Wan vs Vader 25th anniversary 2 pack? Just a little re-do on the legs?

Lord Malakite
04-27-2002, 02:37 PM
There are no differences between the Toy Fair and the Fan Club versions. The only reason he is telling you that there is a difference is so he can rip you off.

Vortex
04-27-2002, 03:01 PM
Hey thanks for the info.

I figured as much, and there's no way I'd buy from him anyway. He is selling his TF Vader for 150, and I got 2 from the Fan club for 24 something. He's trying to blow smoke up my a#$ to get me to bite telling me the fan club one isn't authentic, but it won't work. Odds are he probably bought his from the fan club too.

I wonder if hasbro will pull this same stunt with the Celebration 2 figure. They like to say something is exclusive, but then later you can get it from the fan club a few weeks later.

187-Maul
04-27-2002, 04:11 PM
what you said first about the vaders being the same from the 3-pack cinama scene and 25th anniversairy except the legs is absolutly not true (don't take it as an offense) - the 25th anniversary is a LOT better and has more details, isn't that buff, the helmet is better proportioned etc.
just wanted to clear that up...:)

Vortex
04-27-2002, 05:05 PM
I agree that the tf vader is much better looking, and no offence taken. I'm just trying to get enough info together to shoot the scalper down.

I'm glad I have these pieces in my collection, but yet, the main question still remains...what the difference in the packaging between the Toy Fair and the Fan Club...if there is one.

Lord Malakite
04-27-2002, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by tjovonovich
I'm glad I have these pieces in my collection, but yet, the main question still remains...what the difference in the packaging between the Toy Fair and the Fan Club...if there is one.

As I said above, there is no difference in the figure and card.

187-Maul
04-27-2002, 07:15 PM
actually I meant the kenobi 2-pack version...:)
but oh well the tf version too looks better like you said

Vortex
04-27-2002, 09:46 PM
sorry Lord_Malakite I guess I wasn't following you phrasing. I just thought you were talking about the fig, and not the package.

Lord Malakite
04-27-2002, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by tjovonovich
sorry Lord_Malakite I guess I wasn't following you phrasing.

No problem. :)