PDA

View Full Version : Sandman

Brave Sir Robin
04-27-2002, 11:10 AM
Just wondering, are any of you fans of the Sandman comics? My friend Dylan leant me one of the collections and I must say, they are excellent. They're unlike anything I've seen before. I haven't read that much though.

Dar' Argol
04-29-2002, 09:59 PM
I love the Sandman comic novels!! IMO it is one of the best comic novels out there. Which one are you reading? I picked up "Brief Lives" and so far its excellent. I really love the Endless, (in order of age) Destiny, Death, Dream, Destruction, Desire, Despair, and Delirium. I strongly suggest you pick up the Death mini series from DC comics(i think). Its a really good 4 part look at sister Death. I also think that these stories could never have been as sucessful as a written novel. The whole look of the comic art is what really makes it good.

On a side note, if you can find it I also suggest reading "Kingdom Come" by Mark Waid and Alex Ross from DC comics. It is a look on the DC universe if Superman left and the "Children" of other super hero's were left unchecked. The art in that story is increadible as well!

pthfnder89
05-01-2002, 03:07 PM
NeilGaiman is my very favorite author. I'm always glad to hear that someone new has discovered Sandman! :)