PDA

View Full Version : Deformity of Emperor in ESB?

scruffziller
04-27-2002, 11:23 AM
What the heck is that flap of skin or bulg on the emperor eye in the hologram when he talking to Vader.

Sith Worm
04-27-2002, 11:41 AM
Well scruff this is know as A bad make-up job. If you didn't know that isn't Ian under all that latex either. A very bad firt aperance of the old Emp., but at the time nobody knew what he looked like so this is all in hindsight of Jedi...

Beast
04-27-2002, 11:57 AM
They actually used an old woman, and then superimposed a chimp's eyes over her's to try to make it look menacing. It comes off as goofy a bit, and I was really hoping they would have corrected it for the S.E., but alas old lady chimp eyes remained.

Hopefully the rumors of Lucas going back and doing a archival edition of all 6 films is true. As that is one of the scenes that's rumored to get a make over. Be perfect since they have Ian McDirmand signed for E3, they can film the shots they need. :)

There was a silly EU explanation for the O.L.C.E's, in that the Emporer will often make his image in Hologram look more menacing then he is in reality. Again, I don't buy it. :rolleyes:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Pendo
04-27-2002, 12:00 PM
I hope the scene is replaced with Ian McDiarmid, but I would be sad to say good bye to the old chimp lady. It's not that she's better than Ian, cause she aint, but it's just one of those things that you can have a laugh about. I love the name chimp lady! Who thought of calling her that :)?

PENDO!

Sith Worm
04-27-2002, 12:30 PM
Jar-Jar(man it was painfull for me to type those six letters!) As for the touching up of the 6 flicks all I ask is at the end of the Jabba barge battle as the skiff flies away with all the heros safe and Solo saved, pan to the Sarlac and show A burst of flames and the Fett man arise from the pitt what A bad way for A good character to die...

Beast
04-27-2002, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Sith Worm
Jar-Jar(man it was painfull for me to type those six letters!) As for the touching up of the 6 flicks all I ask is at the end of the Jabba barge battle as the skiff flies away with all the heros safe and Solo saved, pan to the Sarlac and show A burst of flames and the Fett man arise from the pitt what A bad way for A good character to die...
Lucas considers Boba Fett dead, so would never do something like that. Sadly he never demanded that the EU not revive ole Sarlaac Bait. :) Even C-3PO talking about Boba at the start of the FOX ESB showing on Thursday said that Boba "met his end in the Sarlaac". I'm paraphrasing, cause I don't recall exactly what he said. He's dead, but with what should occur in E3, there may finally be a reason for him having so much popularity. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Taichi
04-29-2002, 03:38 PM
Boba should stay dead.....

he was a bad guy who did bad things, and should've paid for those bad things......

and since the Prequels are pretty much killing the EU anyway, that means Boba was always, and will always BE dead......

C'mon, Lucas pandered to the Boba Fett "Marks" already, by including him in EPII......let him rest in peace......

I hate the character........he never did anything in the OT, and therefore is a throwaway character.....he should never have been as popular as he is......I'm glad he's dead