PDA

View Full Version : Am I alone in thinking Taun We is a MAJOR Rip-Off?

Dexter
04-27-2002, 01:09 PM
Bah... curse my collecting ways! I can't believe I spent 6 bucks on Taun We, just because I'm trying to make a complete set. Sure, it's a unique character and all--but it's SO friggin' skinny and cheaply made. Plus, it comes with the lamest accessory of all--it doesn't even look a little bit cool.

Hasbro just didn't put any effort into this one, which is a shame, since it's so slim and probably only costed a quarter to make. This figure should have been a pack-in with someone else. Thumbs down, Hasbro. :o

Battle Droid
04-27-2002, 01:40 PM
She/he should be taller, and a clone should be in the chamber.

Taichi
04-27-2002, 01:41 PM
Gasgano was like that too......but at least he came with a pit droid.....

Beast
04-27-2002, 01:52 PM
Yeah she should be a little taller, but I love the figure. Nice sculpt, good detailing. And I love the digitigrade legs. That's sweet to see on a new Star Wars charecter. I like her alot, but hopefully we get Lama Su and Ko Sai sometime, so Taun doesn't have to be the only one for Kamino dioramas.

We also need a Jango Fett figure in just his P.J.'s, from the Kamino Apartment meeting between Obi and Jango. Plus a few clone kids with their learning helmets, and some CloneTroopers in their red training outfits. I love all things Kamino!! :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Taichi
04-27-2002, 02:02 PM
Nah, we need another Jango like we need a hole in the head......

make unproduced characters.....I'm sick of variations of characters who wear the same damn thing through the entire movie.......

or, if we get another Jango, it's only fair that they do another Luke Tatooine.....

Lord Tenebrous
04-27-2002, 02:08 PM
The size does concern, not particularly the height, but the fact that they really did shrink her down featurewise. Everything seems smaller, from the face, to her width.

It seems they made her with the bubble dimentions in mind, but knee articulation could have given this figure a chance to be done right. I mean...look at a movie clip. Try to do a scene with the toys, and Taun is going to look a little...inadequate.

I might get a few Taun figures to customize into Kaminoan mentors (as seen in the Clone Trooper TV spot), but this won't do it for the character itself.

Beast
04-27-2002, 02:10 PM
Jango doesn't wear the same thing in that scene. He's wearing a blue Pajama suit, similar to what the Boba Fett figure is dressed in. We also need a Jango with his pilot's headset for the Slave 1. And a Jango w/ Poncho from Dooku's Geonosian Arena Skybox. :D

Oh, and we are getting another Luke: Tatooine. He comes with the 25th Anniversary Landspeeder from TRU later this year. Ask and yee shall recieve. Hopefully this Luke will have his darn poncho. That's the only version of that charecter we still need. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
04-27-2002, 02:14 PM
And yet here...her and the Tusken Mother are the HTF ones. :rolleyes:

She should've at least come with a console or something for her to interact with.

Jedi_Rainman
04-27-2002, 02:55 PM
...so much for Tusken Raider woman being a pegwarmer!

Taichi
04-27-2002, 04:02 PM
I found over a dozen of her, at my TRU and Wal-Mart

Sith Vicious
04-29-2002, 07:49 PM
I just got Taun We yesterday, and I'm pretty dissapointed also. Lame figure that won't even stand on its own. I could barely force her tiny hooves over the peg on an action stand to boot.

derek
04-29-2002, 08:19 PM
taun we is one figure crying out for a resculpt, like the original episode 1 boss nass was(way too small). hopefully later on, we'll get a resculpt of taun we, and a male kamino cloner in their proper scale.:)

Darth Detori
04-29-2002, 10:02 PM
as someone mentioned, they should have done something like what they did with Gasgano. She should have come with Lama Su as well, there should have been a clone embryo in the tube, or else they should have had her come with a young clone

dilster
04-30-2002, 11:49 AM
I disagree.

I think Taun We looks way to cool. I like the way the colours blend with the background card.

icatch9
04-30-2002, 12:02 PM
You all make good points. Don't forget that Hasbro views these things as a whole. So lets say that the Hanger Aniken cost $2.00 to make. We'll say that's the average cost. So the Taun We cost only $1.00, so we get ripped off a bit. However, the Dexter Jettster figure probally costs $3.00 to make, so now we are ripping hasbro off. So you see it works it self out. These things have always been this way. You can't tell me a vintage jawa was worth the same as Amanaman when they were at retail. Same thing hear. It all evens out in the end.

Forhekset
04-30-2002, 12:17 PM
Tusken female is in plentiful supply here no matter what store you go to. Haven't seen a single Taun We yet, though it sounds like I might be better off waiting for a possible resculpt.

mix
04-30-2002, 01:06 PM
size matters not

Casual George
04-30-2002, 05:28 PM
If some consider Taun We to be a rip off, I'd consider Dex as more than making up for it. He's huge, heavy and has cool detail and cool accessories. thumbs up on this one Hasbro.

sith_killer_99
04-30-2002, 05:39 PM
Yeah, but he's still the UGLIEST SW character since the Malakili (Rancor Keeper).

LOL

Jargo
04-30-2002, 08:07 PM
I just saw Taun We as another senator for the collection. Until hasbro put out lama Su or Ko Sai the other Kaminoans and maybe some clonetroopers in those funky red pajamas and kid clones with removable helmets... *hope hope hope* ... taun We will be visiting my senate diorama and conversing with Chancellor valorum about the state of the drunken senate guards who keep falling over on duty due to having feet that won't stay straight.

She's only the same sort of thing as any of the pod racers from the episode one line. We paid the same for those as for any other figure so it's really no different. And at least she has proper joints on her arms. it's a pity the neck doesn't turn like Gasganos neck but all in all I'm happy with Taun We.

But I'm much happier with the giant Dexter. Now he's curently employed as cook to jabba in my palace diorama. he fits in there so well what with Gamorrean guards to feed and stuff. I really couldn't think of where else to put him without a diner set up. :)